Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,985 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) (36705 Views)

Dan Maraya Jos Is Dead / Da Grin Is Dead! / Age Beeka: the man behind 'Angelica' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by doublekay: 12:52am On Sep 15, 2011
rip that igbo boy
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by ceasyc(f): 1:28am On Sep 15, 2011
wassup wit all these bad roads benin-ore again?

9ja = kidnapping on d rise, bombings, killings, bad roads everywhere, most hospitals r bad - lacks good/proper equipments +

expertise, no electricity, bad education (pple cheating their way thru schools/uni, etc), bad water, taxing d unemployed, etc

do your 4king jobs & get dem 4king fixed/taken care of u nigerian stu.pid & foolish looters + thieves

leaders/politicians = NONSENSICAL

rip man
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by ikuku(m): 5:46am On Sep 15, 2011
R.I.P mcloph! cry
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by Depointer1: 6:35am On Sep 15, 2011
RIP Mc Loph. I ll miss U
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by Depointer1: 6:59am On Sep 15, 2011
Thought some people said the country can be ruled by one that has goodluck but av not seen why that goodluck has not brought anything to Nigeria. Maybe we should add Lucky Igbinedion to the government to make it double.

Dont call me Alimajiri or whatsoever cos am from SW and we dont vote on centiments. OBJ dnt get our vote in 1999, did he? If its only in the North I can get a honest, transparent candidate I ll keep voting for him. We v tried a Southerner but it has failed us. Forget tribalism and ethnicity, I dont believe in it.

I live just 2mins walk from Lekan Balogun in Ibadan, throughout his time in the senate he cant point out a single project for his constituency. Even the road infront of his house is not motorable. When Akala came to govt, he put a street light on his only [/b]street after repairing it but other street ishhhh. Has he got 2 heads? Dont be surprised that if Lekan was an Igbo man he cld be better of.

All am saying is Lets all [b]Vote wisely
, PDP govt is killing us. We re not safe as long as they re still the one in power.

R I P Mc Loph
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by amdman: 7:57am On Sep 15, 2011
Xtfield:

@ all
Neither the road nor the government is to be blamed for the death of our artists in road mishaps. Rather, blame the artists who drive as if they have a duplicate life. I have been driving on the Lagos - Benin Road for the past 10 years, sometimes up to thrice a week and to the glory of God, I have not had a single accident. That is not to say that roads should not be made better, but my take is that accidents do not happen they are caused. Everyone knows Nigerian roads are not bad, so there is need for extra care. Drivers should not put themselves under pressure when embarking on a long journey. They should set off early enough. Besides, a good rest a day before the long journey will keep the driver awake and alert. Not only that, drivers should aty away from all intoxicants before and during a trip. Finally, if I were going for my traditional wedding or any joyous occasion, I would rather not drive myself as the joyful occasion one is going may make one ever-excited. Nigerian stars should learn to employ the services of trained professional drivers. It does nto cost much! Our artists should stop wasting their lives and causing us unnecessary sorrow. He that has ears, let him hear what the spirit says,

The truth is that we need to change the way we drive in Nigeria. The speed limit for highways in Nigeria is 100km per hour and there are road signs on that Benin-Ore Road that say so (I know because I used the road last week). When you do above that, you do so at your own risk!

I once had this skidding experience on that same Benin-Ore Road when I was doing 140km p/h with my Ford Explorer (AC on, cool music playing, what a sweet experience). Only God helped me to remain in control of the car and continue the journey smoothly. Since then, I do everything I can to keep within the speed limit even when I see open road ahead.
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by werepeLeri: 8:41am On Sep 15, 2011
ogugua88:

I don't even know for silly Naija again. I truly don't. He was on his way to his traditional wedding. I can't even imagine what his fiancee is going through. Stay strong ma.

RIP MC Loph cry

What is the meaning of this? You dont know for silly Naija? u have nothing to say girl- so zip it.
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by werepeLeri: 8:42am On Sep 15, 2011
People blame the road and government every time. Abuja roads are good and the best you can get anywhere- but accidents happen in Abuja on a daily basis - yes - on a daily basis. Who will you blame? Government for making the roads good? Come on.

RIP boy.
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by KayDee4: 8:52am On Sep 15, 2011
cry cry cry RIP Man cry cry cry
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by amdman: 8:58am On Sep 15, 2011
werepeLeri:

People blame the road and government every time. Abuja roads are good and the best you can get anywhere- but accidents happen in Abuja on a daily basis - yes - on a daily basis. Who will you blame? Government for making the roads good? Come on.

RIP boy.

That is because 98% of Nigerian Drivers learnt how to drive with Daddy/Mummy/boyfriend/girlfriend/other relative's car. Worse still, there are those who suddenly start driving because they have watched others drive and suddenly believe they too can drive. All of them are issued driver's licenses without any tests. Very few attend proper driving schools and so do not know road signs or behaviour. This is the sad reality of the Nigerian experience.
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by werepeLeri: 9:13am On Sep 15, 2011
amdman:

That is because 98% of Nigerian Drivers learnt how to drive with Daddy/Mummy/boyfriend/girlfriend/other relative's car. Worse still, there are those who suddenly start driving because they have watched others drive and suddenly believe they too can drive. All of them are issued driver's licenses without any tests. Very few attend proper driving schools and so do not know road signs or behaviour. This is the sad reality of the Nigerian experience.

and you still blame who? the government? or the people who doesnt do the right thing? Go to a driving school and pass the test and get the license?
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by o2dlomez(m): 10:28am On Sep 15, 2011
[size=15pt]In as much as the roads are bad, we still have a duty to watch the way we drive. in a country that have no regulations on speed limit, drink driving and such, commons sense should detect our activities. May his soul rest in peace. So sad seeing how roads are claiming lives in Nigeria daily sad sad [/size]
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by member67023: 10:36am On Sep 15, 2011
Guys, quit the hating and name calling.

Accidents do happen all over the world everyday because of numerous different reasons.

Just last week,  People died when:
- Plane crashed in Russia that killed a team of hockey players
- Ferry Sank in Tanzania
- Pipeline Petrol Fire in Kenya

Those are human beings dying due to one reason or the other.

It can happen to any body, Just pray it doesnt happen to you or your loved ones.

RIP to MC LOPH,
Did his fiance survive?
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by amdman: 10:40am On Sep 15, 2011
o2dlomez:

[size=15pt]In as much as the roads are bad, we still have a duty to watch the way we drive. in a country that have no regulations on speed limit, drink driving and such, commons sense should detect our activities. May his soul rest in peace. So sad seeing how roads are claiming lives in Nigeria daily sad sad [/size]

Your statement reflects the ignorance of traffic regulations by Nigerian drivers. Am sure, without meaning any insult, that you are one of the self-taught drivers.

It is not and cannot be true that there are no traffic regulations in Nigeria. There are regulations for speed limit, drunk driving, safe driving and the like, but ignorant people choose to ignore them! Nigeria is one of the few countries where I have heard of campaigns about 'ember months driving'. This is because there is a certain madness that comes upon people at these times to drive very dangerously. There is a limit to what the road safety guys can do. Nigerians must choose to do the right thing.
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by JOKYTECH(f): 10:42am On Sep 15, 2011
MC Loph dies in auto crash
, With only sibling
By SAM ANOKAM
Thursday, September 15, 2011

Photo: Sun News Publishing

* More Stories on This Section

Fast-rising highlife musician, Obiajuru Nwozo, popularly known as MC Loph is dead. He died yesterday at Ore on his way to Anambra State in preparation for his traditional marriage, slated for September 17. MC Loph was the driver of the ill-fated-vehicle.

According to his friend and managing director of his former record label, Eastside Records, Obi Mgbako, who confirmed the sad news, the deceased was travelling with his fiancee and elder sister with her child when the incident occurred.

It was gathered that he ran into a bump the impact of which flung the car off the road and out of his control. The vehicle subsequently fell into a ditch. The accident claimed his life and that of his elder sister, Chinwe. His fiancee broke an arm while the child miraculously survived.

Amidst sobs, Mgbako said: “ My boss called to inform me of the unfortunate incident and I asked him to give me the number of the person that called him, which he did. I dialled the number and it was a road safety officer that spoke. He said the condition of Loph was critical but shortly after, Nigga Raw, musician and friend of MC Loph, called to tell me that he was dead.”

“We spoke yesterday but Loph did not mention that he would be travelling. I would have, at least, advised him to get a driver but you know how he does his things. That was how he travelled when he was given the new jeep from his current record label, Morgan Entertainment. What will his aged and hypertensive mother do now?”

When this reporter called Nigga Raw Nwanne, all he could say was: “ My brother, I am just trying to rest now; my phones have been bombarded with calls from all over to confirm whether it was true or not. I am in a moody condition now; I cannot speak now. I just hope this never happened. Please, we will talk tomorrow.”

A call was also made to Flavour of Nabania fame, who did a duet with Loph on the remix of the late king of highlife music, Chief Stephen Osita Osadebe’s Osondi Owendi. His manager picked the call and said Flavour was outside the country for a foreign engagement. Both Loph and Flavour are from the same locality in Anambra State.

His residence at 54, Enitan Street, Aguda, Surulere, was as empty as a graveyard when Daily Sun visited, as only a handful of artistes, friends and fans were seen in front of the block of flats, discussing and awaiting further information on the sad development. His poster was on his locked front door.

The likes of MC Shaggi, MC Shakara, among others, were part of the early callers at Loph’s crib.
Aged 38, the late musician, who hails from Umunze in Anambra State, was the only son and his late elder sister, an only daughter of their parents. This means his hypertensive mother who lost her husband a few years ago, has now lost her only two children.

Mgbako later informed Daily Sun that the husband of Loph’s elder sister was on his way from Ore where he went to identify the body of his wife and in-law and also deposited them at a nearby mortuary.

Loph, which means Lord of Pure Hip-Hop, hit the limelight with his second album, Hands Up, which had his monster hit song, Osondi Owendi.

I feel so sad, may his soul rest in peace
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by Ufeolorun(m): 10:48am On Sep 15, 2011
Really good music,when i thought we are beginning to see pure Nigerian music to take back  the stage  stolen by lazy corporate sponsors and their 'Collabo' musicians.
RIP friend, embarassed sad
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by o2dlomez(m): 11:03am On Sep 15, 2011
amdman:

Your statement reflects the ignorance of traffic regulations by Nigerian drivers. Am sure, without meaning any insult, that you are one of the self-taught drivers.

It is not and cannot be true that there are no traffic regulations in Nigeria. There are regulations for speed limit, drunk driving, safe driving and the like, but ignorant people choose to ignore them! Nigeria is one of the few countries where I have heard of campaigns about 'ember months driving'. This is because there is a certain madness that comes upon people at these times to drive very dangerously. There is a limit to what the road safety guys can do. Nigerians must choose to do the right thing.

[size=15pt]By regulations i did not mean no traffic regulations bruv, i mean the means to check mate them by regulating the activities of drivers. No offence taken atall, you didnt get me in the first place. In UK with all the good roads, 70kph is the speed limit, so while will drivers in Nigeria be moving at 140kph when the roads are bad? Is there anyone to regulate that? NO! all you get is a bunch of mopol stalked in different feet ahead waiting to get out of that day as much as they can.[/size]
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by member67023: 11:14am On Sep 15, 2011
This life is just vanity upon vanity. All is vanity.

Human Death is called the inevitable end of human life.

Take it or leave it. We will all die one day.

It is just the "HOW" and the "WHEN" that will be different for us all.
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by siobahn: 11:19am On Sep 15, 2011
i so luv his igbo accent, R.I.P man

Same here

RIP
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by amdman: 11:44am On Sep 15, 2011
o2dlomez:

[size=15pt]By regulations i did not mean no traffic regulations bruv, i mean the means to check mate them by regulating the activities of drivers. No offence taken atall, you didnt get me in the first place. In UK with all the good roads, 70kph is the speed limit, so while will drivers in Nigeria be moving at 140kph when the roads are bad? Is there anyone to regulate that? NO! all you get is a bunch of mopol stalked in different feet ahead waiting to get out of that day as much as they can.[/size]

http://www.smartdriving.co.uk/Driving/DefensiveDriving/Speed/UK_Speed_limits.html

Speed limit in the UK is 70 miles per hour which is different from kilometres used in Nigeria. 70mph is 112.7km per hour.

While we may have a problem regulating road usage in Nigeria, attitudinal change by Nigerians must start. Do you know that many people would rather run down a road safety or police officer instead of stopping for a search or check? Years ago, the Federal Road Safety Commission was known to be largely incorruptible. Now, Nigerians have corrupted them by constant offers of bribes upon violation of traffic rules.
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by werepeLeri: 11:52am On Sep 15, 2011
I ave been driving round Nigeria lately- I have almost covered all the states - one thing that is scary on the roads is not the condition of the road- but the way and manner the drivers ply the roads- reckless driving is the other of the day. While we agree most roads are accident prone, the attitude of the drivers speak volumes.

If you go to the Northern part of Nigeria- dont go far- just start from Kaduna, a Golf that is meant to transport five people including the driver, transports 11 people including the driver, how you will say. Four in front with the driver, five in the rear part and two in the booth, and this car with this overload travels 150km/h on a 100km/h road. and you wonder.
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by jle(f): 1:02pm On Sep 15, 2011
What a tragic loss. RIP
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by amdman: 1:11pm On Sep 15, 2011
werepeLeri:

I ave been driving round Nigeria lately- I have almost covered all the states - one thing that is scary on the roads is not the condition of the road- but the way and manner the drivers ply the roads- reckless driving is the other of the day. While we agree most roads are accident prone, the attitude of the drivers speak volumes.

If you go to the Northern part of Nigeria- dont go far- just start from Kaduna, a Golf that is meant to transport five people including the driver, transports 11 people including the driver, how you will say. Four in front with the driver, five in the rear part and two in the booth, and this car with this overload travels 150km/h on a 100km/h road. and you wonder.

^^^ So true.

From Kaduna to Niger to Kebbi to Sokoto this is the practice.

I remember protesting vehemently the first time experienced this. I entered a Toyota starlet from Minna to Kontagora and got a shocker when the driver added a 4th passenger to the front seat. More shocking was that other passengers gave me this strange look that made me know I was reacting as a JJC. I had to pay for extra seats many times in order to let peace reign.
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by hildaa(f): 1:27pm On Sep 15, 2011
r.i.p
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by beautyc: 2:11pm On Sep 15, 2011
What a pity!
May his soul rest in perfect peace(amen)
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by Roland17(m): 3:13pm On Sep 15, 2011
Was sooo proud of his roots. May his soul rest in peace.
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 15, 2011
werepeLeri:
What is the meaning of this? You dont know for silly Naija? u have nothing to say girl- so zip it.

And you know this how? Naija is silly. I'll say it again. Naija is silly. My frustration isn't just from MC Loph and all the recent entertainment deaths in Nigeria. The three year old in my display pic, small sweet girl, died over the weekend. Diagnosis? "Sick". Silly diagnosis. Nigerian doctors only know three diagnoses: malaria, typhoid, and then there's the general category of "sick" when they have absolutely no clue from what you're suffering.

Nigerians keep praying things will get better. After how many years, have there been any improvements of which to boast? None. Do politicians pray to Jehovah that their bank accounts grow? They do not, yet somehow many of them are millionaires. Nigerians can keep praying all they like. If there's anything to learn from those useless politicians in Nigeria, it's that they get something done, albeit when it is according to their bank account and families. If Nigerians had that kind of passion and fire to make a difference by holding politicians accountable and not just praying, the place could be different. Instead they're waiting for their own JJ Rawlings to fall from the sky.
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by werepeLeri: 4:26pm On Sep 15, 2011
^^^^

?
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by Beaf: 5:24pm On Sep 15, 2011
MC Loph was one of my best artists. So sad.

R.I.P.
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by LOIUSXIV: 5:31pm On Sep 15, 2011
ANOTHER VICTIM OF THE BENIN- ORE HIGHWAY NATIONAL DISGRACE,MAYBE WHEN JONATHAN'S SIBLINGS SUFFER THE SAME FATE,THEN ATTENTION WOULD BE GIVEN TO THAT ROAD. MC LOPH, REPSCANT IN PACE(R.I.P).
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by tomzman: 5:48pm On Sep 15, 2011
I'm trying to hold back tears as I type cry cry. I liked his remake of osondi owendi and his igbo style of rapping though I'm from the SW ahh RIP MC LOPH I pray his fiancee survives and that God should comfort his family and the sister's husband. cry cry sad sad

LOIUS XIV:

ANOTHER VICTIM OF THE BENIN- ORE HIGHWAY NATIONAL DISGRACE,MAYBE WHEN JONATHAN'S SIBLINGS SUFFER THE SAME FATE,THEN ATTENTION WOULD BE GIVEN TO THAT ROAD. MC LOPH, REPSCANT IN PACE(R.I.P).
I concor.It's high time the government woke up to its responsibility.That road has claimed so many lives already.Almost if not all federal roads in Nigeria are bad.The government has failed the people.With all the money we have our roads are still bad, no water, poor power supply, unemployment, high level of poverty,insecurity and the list goes on and on.Oh my Nigeria I cry for thee. cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” / ~Your Ultimate Love Songs/Artists ~Lovers Chillout Spot~ / Any Song For The One You Love!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.