Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,996 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) (36706 Views)

Dan Maraya Jos Is Dead / Da Grin Is Dead! / Age Beeka: the man behind 'Angelica' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by tirtimy: 6:05pm On Sep 15, 2011
Wow what a great loss
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by mallorca(m): 7:00pm On Sep 15, 2011
rip
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by sirwilli(m): 7:06pm On Sep 15, 2011
r i p cry cry cry cry sad sad sad
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by MMM2(m): 7:25pm On Sep 15, 2011
R
I
P
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by francisj(m): 7:26pm On Sep 15, 2011
r.i.p sad sad sad
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by chineds(m): 7:53pm On Sep 15, 2011
DOES THIS TELL US THAT IT IS ONLY GOD THAT SAVES US EVEN WHEN WE HAVE EXPERT DRIVERS CHAUFFEURING US AROUND?
SOMETIMES WE DO FORGET THAT WE DONT HAVE OUR LIVES IN OUR HANDS BUT GOD,

EVEN IF YOU ARE A PROFESSIONAL, WHAT ABOUT PRESSING THE BRAKES AND IT FAILS?

WHEN WE PRESS, GOD ANSWERS AND YET WE THINK WE ARE OWNERS OF OUR LIVES,

RIP MC LOPH, GOD HAS THE BEST FOR YOU

THANKS GOD EVERY MINUTE FOR GIVING US THE AIR WE BREATHE
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by jiggaz(m): 8:33pm On Sep 15, 2011
R.I.P bro. U will be greatly missed.
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by jerryice(m): 8:43pm On Sep 15, 2011
RIP BROV, YOU WILL BE MISSED, lipsrsealed cry

WE JUST NEED TO KILL ALL THIS BAD LEADERS FOR NEW ONES TO COME IN,

BOKO HARAMS NEED TO BOMB ALL THIS BAD LEADERS OTHER THAN BOMBING INNOCENT PPL,

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by meerkat(m): 11:08pm On Sep 15, 2011
Remembered our days at University of Nigeria Nsukka, a funny guy. Alo RIP. MYBNCIYV
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by kizito96(m): 11:41pm On Sep 15, 2011
May His Soul Rest In Peace
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by Nobody: 7:08am On Sep 16, 2011
this i wan marry go die don too plenty.mak dudes dey marry where they r now on.
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by Benzora(m): 11:40am On Sep 16, 2011
May God grant those he left behind the fortitude to bear the loss!!!
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by bigfat01: 11:54am On Sep 16, 2011
r.i.p
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by Xtfield(m): 12:04pm On Sep 16, 2011
chineds:

DOES THIS TELL US THAT IT IS ONLY GOD THAT SAVES US EVEN WHEN WE HAVE EXPERT DRIVERS CHAUFFEURING US AROUND?
SOMETIMES WE DO FORGET THAT WE DONT HAVE OUR LIVES IN OUR HANDS BUT GOD,  

EVEN IF YOU ARE A PROFESSIONAL, WHAT ABOUT PRESSING THE BRAKES AND IT FAILS?

WHEN WE PRESS, GOD ANSWERS AND YET WE THINK WE ARE OWNERS OF OUR LIVES,

RIP MC LOPH,  GOD HAS THE BEST FOR YOU

THANKS GOD EVERY MINUTE FOR GIVING US THE AIR WE BREATHE

If you step on your break and it fails, you may still not be involved in a fatal accident. It all depends on the speed at which you stepped on your brake. For me, I pay a lot of attention to my speed when I drive. I drive to stay alive not to make a record of how soon I got to my destination. Two weeks back, I traveled from Ore to Lokoja and spent seven hours to cover the distance. My daughter whom I went to visit laughed at me. According to her some people do the journey in 3 hours! But I was happy that I arrived safely because I ensured that I never exceeded 80km/h throughout the trip. My return journey took me five and half hours not because I sped more but because it was a Sunday and the road was relatively free. The truth must be told the way it is. Most accidents on Nigerian roads are as a result of over speeding and blatant disregard for road signs and the highway code.  unfortuantely the FRSC men who are supposed to see to these things busy themselves with other things!
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by Kennyblues(m): 12:55pm On Sep 16, 2011
The Nigerian entertainment industry was once again thrown into mourning yesterday as promising singer, Obiajuru Nwozo, popularly known as MC Loph, 38, died in an auto crash along the Benin-Ore road yesterday.

The Osondi Owendi Remix crooner, who was driving the vehicle, died alongside his elder sister, Chinwe, while his fiancée who was also in the car is currently in a critical condition.

He was on his way to Anambra State to conclude preparations for his traditional marriage scheduled to hold this Saturday, 17 September, 2011.

The death of LOPH (meaning Lord of Pure Hip-Hop) is still a huge shock to his colleagues, who described him as a wonderful personality and one of those with great potentials of giving Nigerian Hip-Hop a new face. Some of his colleagues even said they can’t find the right word to describe him because he was just too down-to-earth.

Peter Okoye of P-Square fame said “he was a wonderful person. It is so sad because we communicated some months ago about working on a song together, and now he is no more. May his soul rest in peace.”

•MC Loph inside the wrecked SUV.

In his own reaction, music producer and singer, Solomon Oyeniyi, popularly known as K-Solo, blamed the President Goodluck Jonathan-led Federal Government for the death of Loph.

“It is another great loss to the industry. He was a very hard-working and skilled man. I want to see what the president (Jonathan) will do because the government’s bad roads caused his death. Even if he had survived that accident, I doubt if he would be able to get adequate treatment here because we don’t have good hospitals as well,” K-Solo fumed.

P.M NEWS gathered that the deceased was the only son of his parents. A native of Umunze in Anambra State, MC Loph lost his father some years ago, but his aged mother, who is said to be hypertensive, is still alive.

Loph rose to limelight with his second album, entitled Hands Up. The album contained the remix of the late Osita Osadebe’s evergreen song, Osondi Owendi, which he did with rising singer, Flavour. This eventually gave him the needed attention in the industry. Though the deceased was taken to court by Premier Music over copyright infingements of the song, the case is still in court and yet to be decided until his untimely death.

Versatile singer, Emmanuel ‘Kaha’ Nzemeke, said “I had known MC Loph since 1995 and as a very gentle and kind-hearted individual. He was a jolly fellow who loves to be at peace with everyone around him. He would crack a joke to make a sad person laugh. He was known to be a humble and straight forward fellow.”

Justice Okey Martins, otherwise know as J Martins told P.M NEWS that he is yet to come to terms with the fact that MC Loph is gone.

“This is extremely sad. But I believe he has only gone to rest in the bosom of our Lord because even if he is not here again in flesh, he would always be remembered for whom he was and his works are there to immortalise him,” said J Martins.

Tywo Akintoye of Twin-X fame also had this to say about Loph: “I have always believed in making your music speak of who you are and the culture of where you come from. MC Loph did that successfully. He was one of the major artistes who brought much attention to the new Eastern part of this country. It takes great talent to remix a legendary hit like Osondi Owendi and score another hit with it. His death is a great loss, not just to the music industry but to the entire country. May his soul rest in peace.”

The sad accident that claimed the life of the musician occurred yesterday when his car ran into a bump on the bad Benin-Ore road. He lost control and the vehicle somersaulted several times before landing inside a ditch.

He and his sister died on the spot while his fiancée, who suffered a broken arm, is still in the hospital.

His untimely death has further heightened the death scare that has been rocking the Nigerian entertainment industry for sometime now. This year alone, the industry has lost icons like Comedian CD John, Kokolete Chidinma, Yemisi Eleto, Ishola Durojaiye, a.k.a. Alasari, Ashley Nwosu, Sam Loco and acclaimed Lady of Songs, Christy Essien-Igbokwe.

Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by akwarandu(m): 12:58pm On Sep 16, 2011
that what the PDP led government have given in d last 12 yrs and some stupid people are still supporting  them. may d blood of those dat lost their live on the bad road across d country continue to hunt the like of obj, mr fixed it,gej,and all those who have contributed in d condition of these roads RIP  MC LOPH.
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by Rogbese(m): 3:04pm On Sep 16, 2011
The loss of ANY life is a great tragedy and I commiserate with the families of the bereaved. HOWEVER, we must all stop the govt bashing. Why? Because we elected them and that makes us all indirectly part of the problem. Someone mentioned here something about speed. Please all, visit YouTube and search for crash test videos. These tests are carried out at about 40mph. Multiply this by 2 and that is the sort of speed we drive on our roads KNOWING they are bad. One traffic rule says you should drive like you're the only sane person on the road. Very instructive.
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 16, 2011
sorry to hear.
[size=48pt]R.I.P [/size] undecided
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by silibaba: 6:01pm On Sep 16, 2011
what a big loss in the music industry. RIP brother we love u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cry lipsrsealed shocked sad angry
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by kaisy1980: 12:25pm On Sep 17, 2011
WITH THE DEATH OF MC LOPH, I MAKE A PROPOSAL THAT CONSIDERING THE FACT THAT OUR LEADERS DO NOT WANT, DESIRE ,WISH, OR HAVE THE INTENTION, TO FIX THE BENIN -ORE ROAD, LET US MOVE THE MOTION AND IT IS HERE BY MOVED THAT BOKO HARAM SHOULD START BOMBING THE ABUJA LAGOS, ABUJA PH FLIGHTS grin sad angry

THIS MOTION IS BASED ON THE FACT THAT OUR LEADERS THINK THAT THE BENIN- ORE ROAD IS ONLY USED BY YOU AND I THE POOR.SO IT CAN BE ANY HOW. BUT ONCE THEY START BOMBING THE FLIGHTS THEY WILL FORCE OUR LEADERS TO TRAVEL BY ROAD METHINKS THE ROAD WILL BE FIXED FOR WE THAT TRAVEL FROM LAGOS TO UMUAHIA. ABUJA, ABA PH BENIN ETC FOR THIS XMAS sad
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by okeey(m): 2:21pm On Sep 17, 2011
what a great lost.r.i.p mc loph
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by engrj(m): 6:41pm On Sep 17, 2011
RIP MC Loph.
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by Obiagu1(m): 4:11am On Sep 19, 2011
Why did I come across this news

It just ruined my week. cry
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by Tinaz: 6:55am On Sep 19, 2011
rip
Re: MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) by Nobody: 10:58pm On Sep 19, 2011
This is a sad loss to all Music lovers. M.C. Loph was indeed a Good Rapper, I keep playing the “collabo” he did with Spruz_Denero, “Omobe”, I love the Track, it’s indeed a sad loss. And to die with his only sister, “Fate is the Hunter” here, R.I.P the great rapper from the East Side. You will never be forgotten.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dear Jay Z, Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be “discovered” / ~Your Ultimate Love Songs/Artists ~Lovers Chillout Spot~ / Any Song For The One You Love!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.