Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,732 members, 7,831,334 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN (58974 Views)

Redesigning Of Naira Notes: We Are Not Aware - Finance Minister / INEC Releases Statement On The Supreme Court Judgment On Zamfara Election / Current Justices Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria : Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by 9jaRealist: 1:56pm On Mar 08, 2023
lexy2014:
Why should the supreme court not be able to sit on monetary issues brought before it?

Again, English is not that difficult… grin

No one said the Court cannot sit on monetary issues brought before it…
What the Court is not empowered to do (beyond nullifying the policy) is make its own currency policy.

A nation of ANYHOWNESS and increasing LAWLESSNESS….
By the executive, legislature, even citizens - and now, apparently the judiciary! SMH
>
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by lexy2014: 2:18am On Mar 09, 2023
9jaRealist:

Dude, English is not that difficult to comprehend… grin

The Constitution AFFIRMATIVELY lists powers that is granted to different branches/bodies/etc..
Accordingly, if the Constitution does not grant you a power, it is perfectly valid to say that you don’t have such power.
>

talking about difficulty in comprehending english, is "powers listed" in the constitution the same thing as "policies"? do you have policies in the constitution?

lets try again....this time take note of the highlighted

Where is it in the constitution that "the law courts (including the Supreme Court) are neither empowered nor equipped to determine which policies of the executive branch are substantively ‘good’ or ‘bad'"?
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by lexy2014: 2:46am On Mar 09, 2023
9jaRealist:

Again, English is not that difficult… grin

No one said the Court cannot sit on monetary issues brought before it…
What the Court is not empowered to do (beyond nullifying the policy) is make its own currency policy.

A nation of ANYHOWNESS and increasing LAWLESSNESS….
By the executive, legislature, even citizens - and now, apparently the judiciary! SMH
>

you are right "English isnt that difficult" but who is the "no one" that "said the Court cannot sit on monetary issues brought before it…"?

Pls read the comment to which my question was initially directed:

"My first comment was whether the supreme court has a limit on what it can or can't sit on.

My comment wasn't about whether or not we will obey the SC. It was whether IT can sit on monetary policy issues brought before it."

i thought English isnt difficult?
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by 9jaRealist: 3:33am On Mar 09, 2023
lexy2014:

you are right "English isnt that difficult" but who is the "no one" that "said the Court cannot sit on monetary issues brought before it…"?

Pls read the comment to which my question was initially directed:

i thought English isnt difficult?

This dude is now responding to his own comments… grin
Dude, I am not responsible for your or someone else’s comment.

And yes, making policies is a ‘power’…
Dude, English really is not THAT difficult! SMH
>

1 Like

Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by orisa37: 4:12am On Mar 09, 2023
"no-information-on-supreme-court-ruling-says-cbn".

CBN IS CLOWNING.
THE SUPREME COURT IS SIMPLY TELLING YOU AND YOUR BOSS TO MAKE NEW NAIRA NOTES AVAILABLE SUFFICIENTLY TO MEET YOUR CUSTOMERS' DEMANDS.
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by orisa37: 4:18am On Mar 09, 2023
JUST LOOK AT HIM CLOWNING. SUCH AN IDIOT. PLAYING WITH THE RIGHTS OF EVERY NIGERIAN AND BECAUSE HIS BOSS PROMISES TO MAKE NIGERIA UNGOVERNABLE AFTER HIM.
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by orisa37: 4:32am On Mar 09, 2023
BANKING IS A CONTRACT BETWEEN THE BANKS AND THEIR CUSTOMERS. THE CBN IS AN IRRELEVANT "AMEBO FOR GOVERNMENT".
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by orisa37: 4:35am On Mar 09, 2023
SUPPORTED.
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by orisa37: 5:01am On Mar 09, 2023
I have promised to make NIGERIA UNGOVERNABLE AFTER me so this DELTA IBORI DEVIL IS A SATANIC ICON.
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by orisa37: 5:05am On Mar 09, 2023
manutdrichie:
I am one of the few Nigerians keying into the CBN's cashless policy because the gains are too numerous to mention

No.1.....Kidnapping dissappeared with the speed of light grin grin

They're retraining to kidnap you and your POS.
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by orisa37: 5:13am On Mar 09, 2023
"no-information-on-supreme-court-ruling-says-cbn".

Get information from the PRESIDENCY.
The PRESIDENCY reserves the right to obey or not to obey THE SC. NIGERIANS KNOW THAT EMEFIELE IS PLAYING ASSASSIN AND TERRORIST ON THEIR LIVES.
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by orisa37: 5:21am On Mar 09, 2023
EMEFIELE IS A CLOWN IN JEOPARDY.
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by orisa37: 5:38am On Mar 09, 2023
FULANI HERDSMEN ARE TERRORISTS AND BUHARI IS BEHIND THEM BY CHRISTANA AMANPOUR CNN.
I WILL MAKE NIGERIA UNGOVERNABLE AFTER ME.
AND SO EMEFIELE IS JUST BEING USED AS ASSASSIN AND A TERRORIST TOOL TO DESTROY THE RIGHTS OF NIGERIANS.
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by lexy2014: 7:41am On Mar 09, 2023
9jaRealist:

This dude is now responding to his own comments… grin
Dude, I am not responsible for your or someone else’s comment.

And yes, making policies is a ‘power’…
Dude, English really is not THAT difficult! SMH
>

How am I responding to my own comment? Can you explain?

Who told you that you are responsible for my or someone else’s comment?

If you say I am responding to my comment, how come you mentioned "someone else's comment"? Who is the someone else?

Where in the comment you responded to was any mention of "policy" and "power"?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate / Yusuf Buhari & Zahra Ado Start Pre-Wedding Activities With Polo Tournament / El-Rufai At Idris Ajimobi And Fatima Ganduje’s Wedding (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.