Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN (58971 Views)

Redesigning Of Naira Notes: We Are Not Aware - Finance Minister / INEC Releases Statement On The Supreme Court Judgment On Zamfara Election / Current Justices Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria : Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by KanuSE: 7:47pm On Mar 04, 2023
blowjohn:
Why una dey blame tinubu?

Everything now na tinubu cause am

Lol...Buhari's blame time is almost over, Tinubu ló kàn ! grin
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by urbobo20(m): 7:48pm On Mar 04, 2023
Then it's better we start burning down the Banks just to force cbn to do the needful

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by LeopardX: 7:48pm On Mar 04, 2023
Rexxie234:
Tinubu may die before then shockedshocked(just speaking) Obi must take his rightful places as president, APC rigged this election. angry

I hate tinubu!!!
Even if Tinubu dies today, the runner-up would be Atiku and not Obi, who came third.
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by DeepSight(m): 7:49pm On Mar 04, 2023
ganisucks:

Kikiki..
Why don't you wait till Monday. Or do you want me to tell you the truth? You won't like it.

Pls tell.
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by frankson1(m): 7:49pm On Mar 04, 2023
kunleham:

It's obvious. You don't need to say your last statement. But remember man proposes, it's only God almighty that disposes.

A year to Tinubu's government/rule, we will start hearing how BAT is a body double since he would have beaten the time rumour mongers had set (since they determine when an individual lives and dies) for him to die.

1 Like

Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by tete7000(m): 7:49pm On Mar 04, 2023
FreedomArmy:
So supreme court is now overseeing monetary policies in Nigeria? Wonders shall never end.
The daily limit on withdrawal is actually a good idea. This has drastically reduced kidnapping and other forms of criminal activities in the country.
If there are criminals known to govt, they should legitimate police and army units to fight them and stop disrupting people's lives in the name of fighting criminals. Enough of this senseless argument for all the chaos that pervades the entire national landscape.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by jUeLiZ: 7:49pm On Mar 04, 2023
WHO don already talk say Africans get ear problem...no worries una go soon hear...yeye people
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by brightest5050: 7:50pm On Mar 04, 2023
FreedomArmy:
So supreme court is now overseeing monetary policies in Nigeria? Wonders shall never end.
The daily limit on withdrawal is actually a good idea. This has drastically reduced kidnapping and other forms of criminal activities in the country.

Always try to sound from an informed position. Drop political affliction and be rational in your thought process

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by Divoc19(f): 7:50pm On Mar 04, 2023
Pitiable indeed
comodo:

ROYAL NIGER COMPANY. That's the name. Its an enterprise for the British which they handed over to their proxies to manage. Reason you have Nigeria but no Nigerians. Its all grab and grab from everybody.
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by hardon1(m): 7:50pm On Mar 04, 2023
Rexxie234:
Tinubu may die before then shockedshocked(just speaking) Obi must take his rightful places as president, APC rigged this election. angry

I hate tinubu!!!

So u don turn to God to know when and when who to die. Don't be surprise you may die before him.

1 Like

Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by BreconHills(m): 7:51pm On Mar 04, 2023
scholarsfunding:
Tinubu will destroy this country. Bribing everybody up and down from INEC to supreme Court. Supreme Court don't hv business with monetary policy

Supreme Court has the right to adjudge whether office holders under the constitution have acted properly. In this case it held that the President had not consulted with the National Council for states, the FEC or NASS.

Your point is strange. For years people have been accusing PMB of dictatorial attitudes and now that the court is restraining him, you are saying it is Tinubu. Should you not be happy that a President can be restrained from acting illegally?

What stops Tinubu as President from acting illegally after he is sworn in? The same supreme court you want to limit

It is not the policy that the court is addressing, it is whether the President has the power to act without consultation.

Thank God Obi did not win. His supporters would have foisted a fascist dictatorship on us. People would be reporting to neighbourhood committees on whether their neighbours and work colleagues were sufficiently Obidient or were in fact "Sabos"
We would all probably need to wear Obidient badges to work!

See a citizen under a democracy saying that a President should have unlimited power to do what he wants!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by victorVIC1(m): 7:52pm On Mar 04, 2023
I don't understand this guy. Can't he see that his poorly planned policy is causing severe suffering on the masses?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by ajani1978(m): 7:53pm On Mar 04, 2023
Rexxie234:

I hate tinubu!!!

By the grace of God you will not witness Tinubu inauguration

1 Like

Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by tunwumi: 7:53pm On Mar 04, 2023
scholarsfunding:
Tinubu will destroy this country. Bribing everybody up and down from INEC to supreme Court. Supreme Court don't hv business with monetary policy

Mediocrity! What has Tinubu got to do with this?
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by IfnobeGod20: 7:53pm On Mar 04, 2023
I am still not clear about this supreme court judgement. I want some of our learned lawyers to come out to explain to us here because no one is talking about one key issue supreme court mentioned.

Supreme court said, Mr. President has no right to set deadline for the expiration of old naira notes, that he needs to consult council of states before he can do that but in another length the same supreme court went ahead and set set for the expiration of the old naira notes.

The question now is:
What concern supreme court in setting date on when old money will no more be legal tender?

I thought their work is to interpret laws and not to create one. Or is there anywhere in the law books that gives deadline for the expiration of any naira note.

To me, as a layman, I think supreme court went out of their purview and this is not healthy for the Nation. If they claimed, the president has no right to set date for the expiration of the old naira notes but in another breadth, they went to set date for its expiration.

Lawyers, where do they (Supreme court) derive that power from?

As they said, the President has no power to do that. What I expected is to render the directive non and void.

Does that means the supreme court is now the president, CBN and the council of states all together?

Please more explanation because this country is tending towards banana republic by the judgement of our supreme court.
About 3 people did not do Senatorial primaries and supreme court declared them authentic winners.
The same supreme court have been choosing governors for some states now and even made it worst, a man in 4th position was made a governor. All these signals made me say, the nation is tending towards banana republic.
scholarsfunding same has been my concern since yesterday.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by Goodconcept78: 7:54pm On Mar 04, 2023
wingmanIII:

Your Bitter Bigoted truth. Not mine.
Okorocha or Kalu will perform dismally in SE in a free and fair election .
Any impartial person will confess that P Obi towered over his opponents . You guys are very dishonest!! Bitter truth my nyansh!!
Kiss the truth

Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by blowjohn(m): 7:54pm On Mar 04, 2023
KanuSE:

Lol...Buhari's blame time is almost over, Tinubu ló kàn ! grin

Nawa o
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by mutantninja: 7:54pm On Mar 04, 2023
scholarsfunding:
Your fada will destroy this country

2 Likes

Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by mechanics(m): 7:56pm On Mar 04, 2023
It means the cashless policy won't be compulsory for all Nigerians.
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by Blamelesscompas(m): 7:56pm On Mar 04, 2023
Please I’m interested in the truth
ganisucks:

Kikiki..
Why don't you wait till Monday. Or do you want me to tell you the truth? You won't like it.
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by Henryfortune(m): 7:57pm On Mar 04, 2023
Aswear....

GOATandYAMtheory:
see name, Ogbuefi. Na dem Ojukwu descendants. Spent 8 years blaming Buhari for their woes...now, it's Tinubu. You guys are cursed aswear

1 Like

Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by DECLAN2015(m): 7:58pm On Mar 04, 2023
airsaylongcome:

You get it. Next thing now, SC will be giving ruling about what rate CBN should peg the dollar at

You are just daft
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by amaridigital(m): 7:58pm On Mar 04, 2023
Sammy07:
angry

May 30th, this guy should be in Jail.

The major post held by an igbo man in Nigeria he's playing idi Amin. Imagine if an igbo man becomes president. God forbid. Emefiele is a typical example of why other Nigerians should never trust them with power. They are more heartless than Hitler.

2 Likes

Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by Neye412(m): 7:59pm On Mar 04, 2023
FreedomArmy:

Can you make comments like someone who is educated? Whatever the monetary policy of CBN or fiscal policy by federal government that’s at variance with the provisions of the constitution becomes “ultra-vires, null and void “. We are practicing a constitutional democracy in which rule of law reigns supreme. No devilish Buhari or hydra headed devil Emefiele can do to vary or flout the judgement of the Apex Court that’s constitutionally empowered to interpret the law or better still saddled with the responsibility of interpretation of the constitution especially when it has to do with disagreement between states of the federation and the federal government. If Buhari flagrantly flouts the Supreme Court judgement, it will be a good ground for the National Assembly to institute an Impeachment proceedings against him.

For Emefiele, he will be jailed for “contempt” of the supreme court. Same applies to Mallami, the minister of justice.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by Massdamm(m): 8:00pm On Mar 04, 2023
Rexxie234:

I hate tinubu!!!

Werey loku danu
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by jaxxy(m): 8:01pm On Mar 04, 2023
Sammy07:
angry

May 30th, this guy should be in Jail.

clowns
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by morocco97(m): 8:03pm On Mar 04, 2023
Rexxie234:

I hate tinubu!!!
No problem. Reality hates u. Lol

1 Like

Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by IfnobeGod20: 8:07pm On Mar 04, 2023
BreconHills:

Supreme Court has the right to adjudge whether office holders under the constitution have acted properly. In this case it held that the President had not consulted with the National Council for states, the FEC or NASS.

Your point is strange. For years people have been accusing PMB of dictatorial attitudes and now that the court is restraining him, you are saying it is Tinubu. Should you not be happy that a President can be restrained from acting illegally?

What stops Tinubu as President from acting illegally after he is sworn in? The same supreme court you want to limit

It is not the policy that the court is addressing, it is whether the President has the power to act without consultation.

Thank God Obi did not win. His supporters would have foisted a fascist dictatorship on us. People would be reporting to neighbourhood committees on whether their neighbours and work colleagues were sufficiently Obidient or were in fact "Sabos"
We would all probably need to wear Obidient badges to work!

See a citizen under a democracy saying that a President should have unlimited power to do what he wants!!
Please where did scholarsfunding said the president should have unlimited power? You have added lie to your comment. You can go back and copy to show me where he said so.

To the main issue. The supreme court said the president has not right to give such directive until he consult council of states. Not FEC and not NASS. Let me quickly correct that.
Now, if the president need to consult council of states before he can give directive to change of naira notes and mopping of naira notes from the system. Then, where does the supreme court derive their powers to give a blanket date for when the old notes will no more be legal tender. It means the supreme court has taken upon itself to be the president, CBN and the council of states altogether. Please where do they derive such powers from to set date for Nigerian money not to be legal tender any more. This is a purely monetary policy and not interpretation of law. I think the supreme court goofed on their ruling. They did not interpret only the law but go emotional about it. They've gone to do the work of president, CBN and council of states.

4 Likes

Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by adekolaelect(m): 8:08pm On Mar 04, 2023
scholarsfunding:
Stop crying Of Tinubu he had achieve what he want which makes you to achieve sadness. You know in your in-depth heart that this cbn policy is a good one but inplemented in a wrong way which had become an agent of hardship to Nigerians. But if you think what is happening is a good one may God make your life the way what Nigerians are undergoing before they get cash to spend.

1 Like

Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by KAYBEE17: 8:08pm On Mar 04, 2023
Rexxie234:
And who knows if you too would be dead before that day. Na so Una talk for Buhari and he used complete 8yrs and even clock 80yrs. Bro sickness no be death

I hate tinubu!!!
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by airsaylongcome: 8:11pm On Mar 04, 2023
DECLAN2015:

You are just daft

Lol!
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by SAMUEL1947: 8:12pm On Mar 04, 2023
Shut your mouth.....what do you know

scholarsfunding:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Buys A 2015 Slingshot - Sahara Reporters / Yusuf Buhari & Zahra Ado Start Pre-Wedding Activities With Polo Tournament / Soldier Poses Alongside Dead Body Of A Boko Haram Member In Borno..graphic Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.