Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,899 members, 7,834,984 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN (58993 Views)

Redesigning Of Naira Notes: We Are Not Aware - Finance Minister / INEC Releases Statement On The Supreme Court Judgment On Zamfara Election / Current Justices Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria : Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by mkoabiola: 8:54am On Mar 05, 2023
Rexxie234:
Tinubu may die before then shockedshocked(just speaking) Obi must take his rightful places as president, APC rigged this election. angry

I hate tinubu!!!
U are stil in Sifia pains.

Pele
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by Nobody: 9:49am On Mar 05, 2023
HellVictorinho7:
the law can be useless ,u sentence me to hell but am also victorinho ,u dump my corpse in the lagoon ,congratulations in advance.

Lol.

No offence, but are you sure you're alright?
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by oyeb15: 10:01am On Mar 05, 2023
Supreme Court, high courts etc should start receiving old cash from people now. If they do, at least,we will do business with it.
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by Primus123: 10:53am On Mar 05, 2023
iLoveYouToo:
Idiots the ruling is all over the net. You also have a copy of the ruling being joined in the suit, ask your lawyers. Quit feigning ignorance

CBN was not joined in the suit, therefore are not expected to automatically have a copy of the ruling.

Reason they were not joined was to ensure that the case was strictly between the State and Federal government, thereby giving the Supreme court primary jurisdiction to the case. If CBN was joined to the suit, Supreme court would have struck out case and referred the plaintiff to a lower court.

So before you start calling people derogatory names, always ensure that you have a firm grip of the issue being discussed, so you won't end up as the daft one.
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by Odidigboigbo(m): 11:24am On Mar 05, 2023
Neye412:

Can you make comments like someone who is educated? Whatever the monetary policy of CBN or fiscal policy by federal government that’s at variance with the provisions of the constitution becomes “ultra-vires, null and void “. We are practicing a constitutional democracy in which rule of law reigns supreme. No devilish Buhari or hydra headed devil Emefiele can do to vary or flout the judgement of the Apex Court that’s constitutionally empowered to interpret the law or better still saddled with the responsibility of interpretation of the constitution especially when it has to do with disagreement between states of the federation and the federal government. If Buhari flagrantly flouts the Supreme Court judgement, it will be a good ground for the National Assembly to institute an Impeachment proceedings against him.

For Emefiele, he will be jailed for “contempt” of the supreme court. Same applies to Mallami, the minister of justice.
How can someone be accused of contempt to a suit he is not originally part of? To best of my knowledge, the case is between some states government/governors and FG/Buhari. There is no where in the suit where Emefile name was mentioned.
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by yemi1504: 11:26am On Mar 05, 2023
Sammy07:
angry

May 30th, this guy should be in Jail.

Abi
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by yemi1504: 11:27am On Mar 05, 2023
ukehnonny:
shocked
This Emefiele sef wetyn be your issue? Why suffering the masses for something not worth it.

The whole back and forth with Supreme court is really tiring. Naija is not for the faint hearted!

You can say that again! Why all the stubbornness when the people are clearly suffering from your policy?
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by yemi1504: 11:29am On Mar 05, 2023
KingEarnest:
Seconded.

Thirded

1 Like

Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by yemi1504: 11:31am On Mar 05, 2023
frankson1:

I was in favour of the redesigning of the naira because I thought and I'm sure it was meant to hit the politicians hard.
But now, Emefiele and the CBN are not being reasonable to understand how it has been difficult for the masses.

I support whatever actions that would be taken against him if there would be any.

Me too!

1 Like

Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by yemi1504: 11:42am On Mar 05, 2023
Rufai1314:
Anybody against the judgement of supreme Court, all the handship Nigerians are facing everyday as result of this nonsense policy, all is family member's including him or her will experience the handship for ever.

AMEN
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by yemi1504: 11:45am On Mar 05, 2023
olan4ward:

It seems u have been having easy access to the new Naira notes if not u wouldn't come online and be supporting a policy that have been putting a devastating hardships on an average Nigerian ....I am sure u would not be supporting CBN if u have been leaving your house by 4 am to ATM point and still come back empty handed at the end of the day

Abi.
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by yemi1504: 11:48am On Mar 05, 2023
Ken4Christ:
The greatest challenge of this naira scarcity is movement from place to place. I believe only those who have cars are the only ones not complaining because they can buy fuel with credit card.

But you can't pay for transport with cards.

And when you do not have physical cash, you movement is restricted.

Don't think about yourself only. So many are not having it funny.

It is a wicked and useless policy.

Exactly, transport and also petty food has been the problem. These sectors only collect cash.

1 Like

Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by jeslom: 11:58am On Mar 05, 2023
FreedomArmy:
So supreme court is now overseeing monetary policies in Nigeria? Wonders shall never end.
The daily limit on withdrawal is actually a good idea. This has drastically reduced kidnapping and other forms of criminal activities in the country.

Every time they drop useless policies to make life unbearable for people . You are here saying it reduces kidnapping, the policy is really useless
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by Odidigboigbo(m): 11:59am On Mar 05, 2023
0monnak0da:

The same Supreme Court ruled that women in Ibo land should be allowed to inherit their father's properties
Families can say the Supreme Court has no business in their family business
You should asked yourself if the ruling is being obeyed.
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by 0monnak0da: 12:01pm On Mar 05, 2023
Odidigboigbo:
You should asked yourself if the ruling is being obeyed.
very different conversation
Totally irrelevant
If you have nothing relevant to say please stay on your lane
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by ufotunang: 12:06pm On Mar 05, 2023
Let them burn down the CBN headquarter and jail emeifiele.... nigerians are suffering out there... bussinesses as closed down
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by Odidigboigbo(m): 12:14pm On Mar 05, 2023
streetfabulous:

The Supreme court is not challenging the powers of CBN to create and drive monetary policies.
Please understand that even with the powers CBN has, there are certain monetary policies that the Apex bank cannot take unilaterally without proper consultation with key stakeholders and economic decision makers in the country.
The Supreme court is faulting the recklessness of implementation in that the CBN did not even consult the Council of state, Federal executive Council, National Economic Council e.t.c.

The CBN governor went straight to the President who demonstrated ignorance by signing the policy without demanding that the CBN carry out the necessary consultations.

Hence, the court rebuked Buhari for acting ultra vires and as a DICTATOR. This recklessness on the part of CBN and Buhari created aggrieved parties and represents a breach of fundamental human rights.
That is why the Supreme court insisted that they have a right to hear the case because if the powers you have infringes on human rights and creates aggrieved parties then the court can hear the matter. After all, every power, even the powers of CBN and the President is derived from the Law.
Don't you think the supreme Court is equally wrong by rulling that the old currency remains a legal tender till December 2023? Where do they derives the power to determines what should be a legal tender in Nigeria? Who do they consult before pegging the legality of old currency to December 2023? Which law empower them to do so? Are not usurping the power of the executive?

1 Like

Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by Johnnygill(m): 12:15pm On Mar 05, 2023
Stupidest emefiele
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by Odidigboigbo(m): 12:19pm On Mar 05, 2023
0monnak0da:
very different conversation
Totally irrelevant
If you have nothing relevant to say please stay on your lane
Because you have no answer to my question. You are the one that brought matter that doesn't concern the one on debate. I asked a simple question, you start fuming
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by 0monnak0da: 12:23pm On Mar 05, 2023
Odidigboigbo:
Because you have no answer to my question. You are the one that brought matter that doesn't concern the one on debate. I asked a simple question, you start fuming
I don't know the answer to your question
It is not relevant to my post so if you are not trolling or deliberately trying to be a nuisance just go away before I change it for you
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by Odidigboigbo(m): 12:32pm On Mar 05, 2023
Buddha3:

That's not how it works.

A document of the ruling has to be served on the CBN for it to be binding, moreso given the fact that the apex bank was not even joined in the suit. The clerical section of the supreme court ought to know its responsibilities. The apex bank won't just wake up and effect adherence to the court's ruling because "it's all in the media".
Funny enough, SC will not pass the judgement to CBN because they are not party to the suit and they won't be hold liable to a judgement they are not part of. The game continue
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by HellVictorinho7: 12:40pm On Mar 05, 2023
Buddha3:

Lol.

No offence, but are you sure you're alright?
must i be alright with people that need my blood wasted to keep them happy?
anything anyone has against me never stops me from what i mean, i deserve not these things,spits.
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by Nobody: 12:49pm On Mar 05, 2023
Odidigboigbo:
Funny enough, SC will not pass the judgement to CBN because they are not party to the suit and they won't be hold liable to a judgement they are not part of. The game continue

I quite agree with you.

The apex bank being an agency under the purview of the Federal Government is primarily meant to operate under the latter's directives. That being the case, the judgement of the Supreme Court is holistically binding on the FG and the President in turn, is supposed to swiftly direct the CBN to adhere to the dictates of the SC. But Buhari, being the very cold and stubborn man he is, might just decide to play dumb. After all, it won't be the first time he'll be ignoring court orders.
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by Neye412(m): 12:54pm On Mar 05, 2023
Odidigboigbo:
How can someone be accused of contempt to a suit he is not originally part of? To best of my knowledge, the case is between some states government/governors and FG/Buhari. There is no where in the suit where Emefile name was mentioned.

Is CBN not an agency under the executive arm of the federal government? Is the CBN not governed by the 1999 constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria? Is the CBN Governor an outlaw that won’t respect the rule of law? Did the Supreme Court judgement not specifically mention CBN? Let’s be guided please .
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by Odidigboigbo(m): 1:05pm On Mar 05, 2023
Neye412:

Is CBN not an agency under the executive arm of the federal government? Is the CBN not governed by the 1999 constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria? Is the CBN Governor an outlaw that won’t respect the rule of law? Did the Supreme Court judgement not specifically mention CBN? Let’s be guided please .
So Emefile is now FG. May be you don't know what contempt is all about. If they want to do a Claver work, they should have joined the CBN and Emefile in the suit. Provided they are not part of the suit contempt does not arise. The only people the court can accused of contempt is Buhari and the AGF because these are the people that was sued not Emefile.
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by KingsPeace23: 2:13pm On Mar 05, 2023
The whole Naira redesign and change saga is a big disappointment really... although the government is not 100% to blame, we the citizens have our own fair share of the blame, the way POS people took the opportunity to rip off fellow Nigerians is just so disheartening... #300 for #1000!!! At the end of the day, the policy didn't stop politicians from rigging the election.

I broke it all down from a historic perspective, check this link: https://designings.com.ng/review-of-the-naira-note-redesign-an-historians-perspective/

Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by greatefa1011(m): 5:37pm On Mar 05, 2023
A 🤡 clown will not. Then let the clown release money into the economy for the masses.
Who is this clown?
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by Buhari4sale: 5:54pm On Mar 05, 2023
0monnak0da:

Ogun will kill my mother

Why causing your mother? You made a mistake bro

Happy sunday
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by 0monnak0da: 5:57pm On Mar 05, 2023
Buhari4sale:

My mother will die of snake bite
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by Freebills12: 7:19pm On Mar 05, 2023
[color=#000099][/color]
Goodconcept78:
It is like your father is sick in the head.

So this Bad Omen and Visionless man is what you termed upright and Visionary?

Nkita

Mention Tinibu's project as a Lagos State governor for 8 years... Visionless! Anambra state before Obi was 25th in terms of education both neco and waec, Obi's education scheme made Anambra state number one in the whole nation... Mention any govt since 1999 that has influenced and support primary and secondary school education than Peter Obi?
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by Tulsaguy: 7:48pm On Mar 05, 2023
FreedomArmy:
there is no political affiliation here. I am choosing to see the benefit. Most places I go to buy things accept transfer which was not happening before. If you limit cash in the society,it will help in arresting insecurity and kidnapping.

May 30th, old notes are coming back by God's grace. And EmefieOle is going to be cooling his heels in Kuje.... Anyone not please with this can escape to Cameron.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Enobong Philip Eyoren, The NCS Officer Who Tortured Me - Inibehe Effiong (pics) / Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal / Aregbesola Hands Over Corpse Of Adeyinka Adebayo To Fayose (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.