Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,177 members, 7,860,230 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:03 AM

Naira Crisis: States Plan Contempt Proceedings Against Malami, Emefiele - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira Crisis: States Plan Contempt Proceedings Against Malami, Emefiele (22863 Views)

12 States Plan Power Projects, Anger Spreads Over Tariff Hike / Buhari Did Not Tell Malami, Emefiele To Defy Supreme Court - Garba Shehu / VAT: South West States Plan Joint Action, Other States Give Update (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Crisis: States Plan Contempt Proceedings Against Malami, Emefiele by Carlyboi(m): 1:09pm On Mar 11, 2023
This naira quagmire that Dunderhead Emefiele inflicted on Nigeria is one of the most surreal things I have experienced in this country in my whole adulthood.what was supposed to be a seamless exercise ideally has brought “ a state of nature “ situation to Nigeria. It’s just crazy,ludicrous and unbelievable!

1 Like

Re: Naira Crisis: States Plan Contempt Proceedings Against Malami, Emefiele by mrblessed(m): 1:14pm On Mar 11, 2023
That way these people go about this naira issue, one would be forgiven to believe Nigeria is ruled (or ruined) by group of ministers who are independent.
Re: Naira Crisis: States Plan Contempt Proceedings Against Malami, Emefiele by Mccullum: 1:18pm On Mar 11, 2023
It's better for them to be changed for court contemp.
Re: Naira Crisis: States Plan Contempt Proceedings Against Malami, Emefiele by surgical: 1:25pm On Mar 11, 2023
Owaincouncil:
The suffering brought by this scarcity of naira notes is unbearable. Emefiele is just wicked. People are dying daily because of this stupid policy and our Mr president is not aware of what is going on.
May God deliver us. Ao nii ri iru buhari ati emefiele mo lase edumare.
please call a spade a spade, buhari is the biggest problems Nigeria has and its good for them, Nigerians are reaping the just reward of not knowing the value of their votes, that it can make or mar their lives, this is an example, a stupid policy by a stupid president, which is not desirable to achieve anything except suffer the people

3 Likes

Re: Naira Crisis: States Plan Contempt Proceedings Against Malami, Emefiele by surgical: 1:28pm On Mar 11, 2023
Enceladus:
Only God knows what is going through Emefiele's mind. This is now a shitshow.
just like mammon yakubu Emefiele cannot go further than buhari allowed him,buhari is the puppeteer, he is the one pulling the string he is the evil one,a sadist who drives joy in the suffering of his people

3 Likes

Re: Naira Crisis: States Plan Contempt Proceedings Against Malami, Emefiele by Larryndelaw: 1:36pm On Mar 11, 2023
Toluwanise247:
Just a matter of time CBN governor and his camp will regret their decision by God grace .
The BOSS is already in town. Watch as BAT will take Emefiele out.
Re: Naira Crisis: States Plan Contempt Proceedings Against Malami, Emefiele by Larryndelaw: 1:37pm On Mar 11, 2023
surgical:
just like mammon yakubu Emefiele cannot go further than buhari allowed him,buhari is the puppeteer, he is the one pulling the string he is the evil one,a sadist who drives joy in the suffering of his people
BAT will take care of Emefiele on 29th of May
Re: Naira Crisis: States Plan Contempt Proceedings Against Malami, Emefiele by Larryndelaw: 1:39pm On Mar 11, 2023
surgical:
please call a spade a spade, buhari is the biggest problems Nigeria has and its good for them, Nigerians are reaping the just reward of not knowing the value of their votes, that it can make or mar their lives, this is an example, a stupid policy by a stupid president, which is not desirable to achieve anything except suffer the people
But PDP and Labour party a including arise TV are celebrating it that Emefiele should not shift ground because they are targeting TINUBU, So who is at Loss now
Re: Naira Crisis: States Plan Contempt Proceedings Against Malami, Emefiele by Larryndelaw: 1:41pm On Mar 11, 2023
Carlyboi:
This naira quagmire that Dunderhead Emefiele inflicted on Nigeria is one of the most surreal things I have experienced in this country in my whole adulthood.what was supposed to be a seamless exercise ideally has brought “ a state of nature “ situation to Nigeria. It’s just crazy,ludicrous and unbelievable!
Even during the Military era when the naira was changed by the same Buhari, things wasn't BAD like these. Emefiele is a tribal bigots. A central bank governor who wants to contest for president.
Re: Naira Crisis: States Plan Contempt Proceedings Against Malami, Emefiele by Carlyboi(m): 1:50pm On Mar 11, 2023
Larryndelaw:
Even during the Military era when the naira was changed by the same Buhari, things wasn't BAD like these. Emefiele is a tribal bigots. A central bank governor who wants to contest for president.

The whole debacle just don’t make sense I don’t even care if he’s a ethnic bigot or not he can be a racist for all I care the only thing I’m certain about is his redundancy and incompetence and his oafish nature.

You said we should stop spending the old notes,ok,where are the new notes as substitutes he can’t provide them,isn’t that a trait of a lunatic?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Crisis: States Plan Contempt Proceedings Against Malami, Emefiele by CasNova(m): 1:51pm On Mar 11, 2023
I support the move of the governors on this.
Re: Naira Crisis: States Plan Contempt Proceedings Against Malami, Emefiele by Onitola2: 2:14pm On Mar 11, 2023
Guyman01:
The FG by being silent has not violated the Supreme Court judgment.
The court has declared the old notes as legal tender but didn't instruct CBN to publish the reversal on national dailies.

Nigerians are skeptical about receiving old notes without official statements from President Buhari or Vice President Osinbajo as Head of the Economic team or CBN
what are u saying?
Re: Naira Crisis: States Plan Contempt Proceedings Against Malami, Emefiele by zanshi: 2:32pm On Mar 11, 2023
puremaker7:
shut up! should we have voted for the fraud Pandora or Dubai landlord who supported this useless policy from beginning

Okay, you that voted for balabalu are you getting new currency as you wish, APC is a cacophony of like minded politicians who think alike.

We voted for change, new era and APC rigged themselves into and i can bet it with you things won't change.
Re: Naira Crisis: States Plan Contempt Proceedings Against Malami, Emefiele by surgical: 2:45pm On Mar 11, 2023
Larryndelaw:
But PDP and Labour party a including arise TV are celebrating it that Emefiele should not shift ground because they are targeting TINUBU, So who is at Loss now
Because they did not understand that buhari is the king of tagiya

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Crisis: States Plan Contempt Proceedings Against Malami, Emefiele by Charly68: 3:42pm On Mar 11, 2023
The two must be jailed . I can't imagine a SAN refusing to implement the decision of the highest court in the land ...He must be banned from appearing in the APex court for a while .
Re: Naira Crisis: States Plan Contempt Proceedings Against Malami, Emefiele by wildkat: 4:21pm On Mar 11, 2023
wahalawahala:
send your CV.. make I employ u, are u good with dogs? Make u com dey feed Dem.. d pay is good 👌

😂 😂 😂 I would employ u rather. Real Gees don't make noise like u.

Wash your dirty boxers agbero
Re: Naira Crisis: States Plan Contempt Proceedings Against Malami, Emefiele by herbalwisdom52(m): 4:55pm On Mar 11, 2023
Impeach buhari now with immediate effect.....

Let there be a motion that will impeach president buhari this minute with immediate effect!

All the senators....house of assemblies..... lawyers and legislators....civil workers....etc should plan for his immediate removal instantly with due effect......

How can a whole president be this wicked and heartless?

For 1 month now no citizen of this country called nigeria has any access to cash in their bank accounts.....

Is this not wickedness and abstructly RUDE?

LET THERE BE A SENATE MOTION TO IMPEACH PRESIDENT BUHARI THIS MINUTE with immediate effect.....

Buhari once promised nigerians that before he will step down from office he will surely punish Nigerians for insulting him online...

He will make sure we all know the true meaning of buhari and why he was impeached before in the 80's when he first ruled as a head of state.....

This buhari is believed not to be a true Nigerian by nature as one of us and should be striped off from power with immediate effect.....

Buhari real identity and family are from chad and Niger republic....

He is bent to kill all the citizens of Nigeria through hardship and hunger that is why he first closed all our food borders so we can all starve to death.....
This is the hidden agenda of president buhari.....

We should all chase him out by force and by fire....
let him get out of that seat immediately and be replaced by someone else asap.......

In the next 2 weeks from now there will be a great famine in Nigeria......

I repeat in the next 2 weeks from now there will be a great famine Nigeria as a country has never seen before or will ever see again for generations.....

There is a hidden agenda for tinubu muslim muslim ticket....

They want to islamise nigeria in the year 2024::::

i repeat let there be a motion that will impeach president buhari imediately without any delay.....

Counter court wise will reject buhari.....

If all this hardships we nigerians are facing because of naira scarcity is been faced in country like the USA......CANADA......RUSSIA....CHINA....ENGLAND.....FRANCE.....GERMANY.... And the rest of the europe countries....

By now 75% of all their citizens will have commited suicide or homoside....

I mean they would have killed themselves completely and also impeached the president asap.....

But thank God we are blacks and we are much stronger than the whites......

If this naira scarcity continues then there will be a great famine in Nigeria in the next 2 weeks.....

The useless president even closed out borders for almost several years now and he is not yet impeached or something.....

I repeat let there be a motion that will impeach president buhari this minute with immediate effect.....

Signed and stamped by the MILLITARY
Re: Naira Crisis: States Plan Contempt Proceedings Against Malami, Emefiele by orisa37: 5:45pm On Mar 11, 2023
NO ONE HAS OLD NAIRA NOTES EXCEPT SOME FEW N200 WHICH IS IN CIRCULATION TILL 10TH OF APRIL.
THE SUPREME COURT SHOULD REVIEW ITS RULING TO GIVING EXTENDED TIME TO 30TH JUNE 2023 TO MALAMI AND EMEFIELE TO PRODUCE SUFFICIENT NEW N200, N500 AND N1000 OR RISK INSOLVENCIES FOR ALL THE BANKS AND JAIL FOR MALAMI AND EMEFIELE.

FROM ORUNTO27 ORISAORUNTOSPEAKS.
Re: Naira Crisis: States Plan Contempt Proceedings Against Malami, Emefiele by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 11, 2023
Islie:
…serve AGF Supreme Court judgment, demand immediate compliance

https://punchng.com/naira-crisis-states-plan-contempt-proceedings-against-malami-emefiele/?amp
Damn I wish I could lay hands on emufowli I'll surely chop of his DC with my barehands
Re: Naira Crisis: States Plan Contempt Proceedings Against Malami, Emefiele by samfrancis1(m): 5:58pm On Mar 11, 2023
Toluwanise247:
Just a matter of time CBN governor and his camp will regret their decision by God grace .
Why can you say this bro.. Nigerians love it especially people from the SE.. it’s the yorubas that are complaining because dem no see vote money collect…

But I heard nlc in imo state is going on a strike and yet no currency’s anyway Obi will give them cash to stock their homes with things needed…
Re: Naira Crisis: States Plan Contempt Proceedings Against Malami, Emefiele by Nobody: 6:00pm On Mar 11, 2023
Islie:
…serve AGF Supreme Court judgment, demand immediate compliance

https://punchng.com/naira-crisis-states-plan-contempt-proceedings-against-malami-emefiele/?amp
Damn I Wish I could lay hands on emufowli I'll surely chop off his DK with my barehands
Re: Naira Crisis: States Plan Contempt Proceedings Against Malami, Emefiele by samfrancis1(m): 6:01pm On Mar 11, 2023
Sonoyom:
Those who were always supporting the directionless policies of this administration are now beginning to run headlessly around the court grin grin grin
No o.. no shaking.. were loving it here in SE.. always Obidient… na Yoruba Muslim deh complain.. you know say dem no go school dem no fit do online banking…
Re: Naira Crisis: States Plan Contempt Proceedings Against Malami, Emefiele by Nobody: 6:01pm On Mar 11, 2023
superCleanworks:
all this while CBN boss is there chilling
Damn I wish I could lay hands on some bastards I'll surely chop off their DK WITH MY BAREHANDS
Re: Naira Crisis: States Plan Contempt Proceedings Against Malami, Emefiele by Ayomivic(m): 11:00pm On Mar 11, 2023
I am not a student of law, that is to say what I am going to say Is based on my own perception of the matter..

I think before the central bank policy should be carry out, it is as to pass through the House of Assembly. Governor of Central have to explain to the House the benefits of the policy to the Nigerian and they would be able to know if the CBN have what it takes to carry out the policy eg they would have to discuss it at the House if the CBN have enough materials to carry out the policy .

It should be when the House of Assembly agreed with the policy of CBN that it can be moved to the president for s approval..But ,was it done like that? No! Why. If you want the country to be good, not all you can take to the House of Assembly for approval. That is the reason I can blame Mr President and CBN governor

The reason I can't blame them is this.

The CBN was the Master planner of the policy and the only Man that have the final saying on a mater of the country is Mr President , am I correct? That is the reason every thing discuss at the House of Assembly must be approved by Mr President before it can be done.

Governor Emefele knows the people that can hinder the success of it policy because that was the reason he jumped them and seek the approval from Mr President directly.necausr only the CBN and the President were clean of the matter all other are not . So ,if it was taken to them , they have no options than to sabotage the policy . They would not let it see outside at all. I thought that was the reason they were jumped .

The Policy , is it good or bad ?

To me the policy is very good if the people can endure the sufferness for sometime. What I see about this policy of is that ,it want to help fulfilled the promised made by Me president when elected. It wants to fix all what Mr President candy tackle in his eight years within some little period.

What are the benefits we are going to get from this policy not what are the things we have been seeing that this policy is tackling.

1 . Insecurity: you will agreed with me that one of the promises of Mr President was to tackle insecurity within six months of his office but he wasn't able to do so in his eight years but this policy of CBN had reduce the activities of kidnaping in the country.. The kidnappers knows that you can't collect more than #20000 a day so . How do they want to get millions from family of the people they kidnapped?

Terrorism sponsorship : Sponsorship of terrorist iis going to die down by this policy because if the terrorist sponsor can get a hug cash to found their activities there are nothing they can do. And it is easy to Tracy by cbn or government of the sponsor big terrorism transfer money tto buy arms or for any transaction for terrorist.

It also cup the activities of Yahoo boys. Before if you have like #200000 in your account and your ATM cards was for to the hands of bad person . In a minute they would collect all your hard earn money . But now if it falls into their hand , they can only use it to collect the daily withdraw stipulated by cbn before you discover that your ATM card had lost .

It would also reduced the money rituals that had rampant in the country because and I don't think any one can just one can show case his hug Naira note again on the internet the way all this politicians sons use to do before. If you do so , you will have to tell the EFCC how you get that money or if you are riitualist you will tell EFCC how you get your money when you can't collect more than #20"000 a day from banks

2 I would cupp Corruption: moving of cash had encourage corruption in this country that was why a man would just take the million of naira that mean for public to his house and store it there. But on this policy it is not easy for a person to do so and if you transfer money from one account especially government account to your account ,I don't know how you would not be caught.

I think those governors that took the government to court and wanted to sabotage this effort of the president and cbn governor . That was the reason they wanted to used the power of supreme court to stop the president.

To me , Supreme court had been answering to what does not concerned it because ,the CBN was the one that see what other could not see . It see the food side of the policy why we are all seen the bad side of it until what he was cooking together with Mr President is done that is when we can see it good side . Those that knows that the policy would hinder them of their bad agenda were the people shouting that Supreme court should stop the president. Supreme court have power but its power is to interpret the law not to make law but the president is the number one man that what ever he saiys became law immediately and that iis whom CBN governor reported to .

To me I think before the supreme court can have say . It would be when the citizen are protesting and the matter was taking to the house it is the house that would look into it and decide on what to do .

But for for or two man taken the mater of the country to the court because the policy affected them is not sound well to me and the Court telling the President to suspend his good policy is sound some how to me.

Take for instance. President of the Russian Putin declared war on Ukraine. We all know that many armies of the both side who are children, husband wives of some people would die. Can the Supreme court of the Russian stop Putin or tell him to reverse his order? Or can two or three parents of the armies take the president Putin to court because he declared war and send their children to war?

Why are we saying Buhari and Emefele should talk when they know that the court order was to sabotage their efforts

My child advise is that the incoming president should not stop this policy. If it allows that the remaining of the old 500 and # 1000 notes should be spending until the period mentioned by court it is good but they should not allowed the commercial bank born cbn to return to the circulation back the money we had taken in. And if the old notes enter the bank it should not allowed to come out again. Before the court mentioned date the CBN should see that they printed more new notes that is it.

Intust Nigerians before that time we would be perfect in using cashless policy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Security Arrests Over 100 BDC Operators In Abuja As Naira Slumps To N1980 Per $1 / Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative / 5000 PDP Members Decamp To APC In Kano (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.