Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Adeola-akande Is The New House Majority Leader - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeola-akande Is The New House Majority Leader (3702 Views)

Speaker Dogara Replies Oyegun, Zones Majority Leader To North West / Dogara Resists APC Leaders' Move to Appoint Gbajabiamila as Majority Leader / Tambuwal, Ihedioha, Ogor Deceived Me -house Majority Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adeola-akande Is The New House Majority Leader by aloyemeka1: 1:41am On Sep 16, 2011
[size=14pt]Adeola-Akande emerges House Majority Leader[/size]
By Ini Ekott
September 15, 2011 06:42PM

Mulikat Adeola-Akande, the Oyo State lawmaker who lost the House of Representatives speakership bid to Aminu Tambuwal, has been named the House Majority Leader after months of political stalemate which pitched her against fellow lawmaker, Ajibola Muraina.

Mrs Adeola-Akande's eventual emergence was announced on Thursday, alongside the emergence of 90 new chairpersons for the House standing committees.

For a House leadership that has maintained a fairly tenuous relationship with the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the aftermath of the defiant election of Mr Tambuwal, Mrs Adeola-Akande's choice is somewhat a win-win.

[img]http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg&STREAMOID=7UG9m8UHs338OVIasOOqry6SYeqqxXXqBcOgKOfTXxQos0AR9MgoRwTHEB4l8y6CnW_PgxgftuECOcfJwS6Jtlp$r8Fy$6AAZ9zyPuHJ25T7a9GKDSxsGxtpmxP0VAUyHL6IDcZHtmM2t7xO$FHdJG95dFi6y2Uma3vSsvPpVyo-[/img]

On the one hand, members say it will help mend the fractured relationship with the party, which, having failed to have Mrs Adeola-Akande elected speaker, had propped her for the Majority Leader position. On the other hand, the decision helps to foster gender rights for a chamber that has seen a growing number of women members.

Mrs Adeola-Akande is the first female lawmaker since 1999 to hold the seat which is the next in line after the deputy speaker.

For months, majority of the lawmakers had backed Mr Muraina, also from Oyo State for the position; while the party and a few lawmakers insisted on Mrs Adeola-Akande, in a long drawn controversy that ripped the chamber into camps, and accounted for the delay in the announcement in the first place.

Mr Tambuwal said the decision was reached as a consensus at the party caucus meeting, and the announcement drew cheers from house members on Thursday.

Mr Muraina has been named chairman House committee on petroleum (Upstream) as part of a long list of 90 committees announced by Mr Tambuwal. The number has risen by six from the sixth assembly which had 84 committees.

John Enoh,(PDP,Cross Rivers), former chairman Finance committee, now heads the House Appropriation committee - the federal budget planning and approving committee before which other committees are assumed as subs.

Fourth term member, Farouk Lawan (All Nigeria Peoples Party, Kano,) retains his position as the chairman Education committee while Ndudi Elumelu heads Health.

First timer, Zakari Mohammed is now in charge of media while former chairman of the Media committee, Eseme Eyiboh leads the relatively less known Civil Society and Donor Agencies committee.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5742118-146/story.csp
Re: Adeola-akande Is The New House Majority Leader by okadaman2: 4:06am On Sep 16, 2011
Thick Madam.
Re: Adeola-akande Is The New House Majority Leader by obukokwois: 9:54am On Sep 16, 2011
madam plsssssssssssss represent well oooh,for sake of womanhood.god help u n jesus name amen. :-x
Re: Adeola-akande Is The New House Majority Leader by aloyemeka1: 11:06am On Sep 16, 2011
It took the house almost 7 months to come up with a majority leader. How long will it take them to pass one bill then?
Re: Adeola-akande Is The New House Majority Leader by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 16, 2011
aloy/emeka:

It took the house almost 7 months to come up with a majority leader. How long will it take them to pass one bill then?

I was going to ask the same question myself.
Re: Adeola-akande Is The New House Majority Leader by bigfat01: 11:33am On Sep 16, 2011
fantastic
Re: Adeola-akande Is The New House Majority Leader by basadenet: 11:38am On Sep 16, 2011
An after though i would say. at least to persevere the southwest zone. a time bomb waiting to explode sooner than we can anticipate.
Re: Adeola-akande Is The New House Majority Leader by aloyemeka1: 11:50am On Sep 16, 2011
So Nigeria does not have minority leader abi because they have over 50 political parties?.
Re: Adeola-akande Is The New House Majority Leader by JBaby4: 11:58am On Sep 16, 2011
Nomination in there is all about settlement. angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Adeola-akande Is The New House Majority Leader by Akintola11(m): 12:32pm On Sep 16, 2011
Finally!!! Now order will prevail, do you think she was the right choice?? Only time will tell with such things,

I just stumbled upon an article by Nasir El Rufai, http://thinkafricapress.com/nigeria/fixing-nigerias-agriculture That guy is the new prophet of doom!! Let me know what you think, ??
Re: Adeola-akande Is The New House Majority Leader by Welder(m): 12:43pm On Sep 16, 2011
aloy/emeka:

[size=14pt]Adeola-Akande emerges House Majority Leader[/size]
By Ini Ekott
September 15, 2011 06:42PM

Mr Muraina has been named chairman House committee on petroleum (Upstream) as part of a long list of 90 committees announced by Mr Tambuwal. The number has risen by six from the sixth assembly which had 84 committees.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5742118-146/story.csp
sad sad sad
Sangooo 84 committees doing what exactly
Re: Adeola-akande Is The New House Majority Leader by chino11(m): 12:54pm On Sep 16, 2011
phucking yaroba. Well shaa I think GEJ has relegated them to being the 3rd class Nigerians grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Adeola-akande Is The New House Majority Leader by MMM2(m): 1:12pm On Sep 16, 2011
good
Re: Adeola-akande Is The New House Majority Leader by yahyus(m): 1:37pm On Sep 16, 2011
I enjoy this fresh air 2011. Go Baba GEJ 2011-2015 it's your time to transform Nigeria grin
Re: Adeola-akande Is The New House Majority Leader by gamechange(m): 2:07pm On Sep 16, 2011
Lets put this supposed legislators on civil service wage and lets see how many of them will remain to serve their motherland, these people are nothing more than a bandit of thieves, we need to do better as a people, these guys are accountable to us, yet we give them a free pass all the time. Soon enough we will hear efcc have picked her up for one embezzelment or the other. Congratulations Mrs Adeola-Namyturntosteal
Re: Adeola-akande Is The New House Majority Leader by dayokanu(m): 3:10pm On Sep 16, 2011
Who did OBJ support?

Cos any OBJ candidate is bad news for this country
Re: Adeola-akande Is The New House Majority Leader by CasCas2: 4:15pm On Sep 16, 2011
Sangooo 84 committees doing what exactly

there is so much money to share!! grin cry
Re: Adeola-akande Is The New House Majority Leader by PointB: 4:38pm On Sep 16, 2011
Congratulation Madam speaker Majority Leader! Abeg lead well oo
Re: Adeola-akande Is The New House Majority Leader by CyrilO1: 8:18pm On Sep 16, 2011
Its al a pacifyng game ds idiot ar doing at d expense of d suferng masses of naija
Re: Adeola-akande Is The New House Majority Leader by igboboy1(m): 10:34pm On Sep 16, 2011
chino11:

phucking yaroba. Well shaa I think GEJ has relegated them to being the 3rd class Nigerians grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

NNa sheath your sword, Did yoruba attack you or igbos on this thread? (I dont think so), So no need for that,
Re: Adeola-akande Is The New House Majority Leader by lagcity(m): 10:49pm On Sep 16, 2011
igbo boy:

NNa sheath your sword, Did yoruba attack you or igbos on this thread? (I dont think so), So no need for that,
grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Adeola-akande Is The New House Majority Leader by adconline(m): 2:32am On Sep 17, 2011
In Naija, rich and educated people are always FAT , while poor people are fit !
Re: Adeola-akande Is The New House Majority Leader by aloyemeka1: 3:04am On Sep 17, 2011
adconline:

In Naija, rich and educated people are always FAT , while poor people are fit !

Not anymore o. When last did you go home?.
Re: Adeola-akande Is The New House Majority Leader by Nobody: 5:39am On Sep 17, 2011

(1) (Reply)

The New Buhari: 32 Disturbing Reasons Why I Suspect That He’s Not PMB-PICTURES / What Will Happen If Buhari Touches Bishop Oyedepo – Omokri / Femi Adesina or partial stroke,what is happening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.