Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,234 members, 7,860,498 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:44 AM

Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. (16796 Views)

Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt / 2023: Voter Apathy Looms In North, CNG Warns / Voter Apathy Marks Start Of Lagos East Senatorial Bye-Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by Starpro87(m): 8:24pm On Mar 18, 2023
NamelessOGBENI:
Not that I was expecting a reformed electioneering process, I'm a Nigerian and I know that whenever we promise more we will always find ways to deliver less when it comes to politics. Our democracy is an eyesore, patriotism is dead.

So, I sit out today election.

Maybe that sole responsibility of the INEC in Nigeria should be opened for bidding by private companies. One may not be totally wrong to say that INEC can not be relied upon even though electronic voting is adopted in Nigeria. YAKUBU has failed Nigeria and he should be investigated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by whizzygab: 8:24pm On Mar 18, 2023
It is because of Inec, And I don't think I will vote again since my vote will not count. Then, I will turn my Voter's card to National ID card.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by ufotunang: 8:25pm On Mar 18, 2023
I did not vote because majority of politicians do not have conscience and feeling for the people....they do not care for the people they only care for themselves and their families and just in politics to enrich themselves... they provide bad goverance and put people in poverty hunger hardship suffering
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by danhans(m): 8:26pm On Mar 18, 2023
Why wasting time when they know who they want,vote rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by CodeTemplar: 8:27pm On Mar 18, 2023
SmartPolician:
Well, I voted in Lagos, but moments later, APC thugs arrived. They said baale asked everyone to stop voting and fight broke out. They destroyed our votes. Police looked on, and I quietly returned to my house.

Nigeria's situation is a hopeless one. We need to study the usefulness of police in elections because they are utterly useless.
I voted last 20 years ago ignorantly as underaged. Since my eyes open small I don't waste time again. Nigeria looks hopeless and only Jesus can personally effect a positive change.
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by Quicksilver5: 8:27pm On Mar 18, 2023
we don already loose hope for 9ja
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by NECO1998: 8:28pm On Mar 18, 2023
I didn't bother myself because the presidential results declared in Minna didn't reflect what actually happened.

1 Like

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by Treasuredvessel: 8:28pm On Mar 18, 2023
I didn't have the motivation to travel again,I travelled for the presidential election but didn't this time,I don't want anyone to remind me I'm not from said state, so I saved myself the stress
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by lipstick1(f): 8:29pm On Mar 18, 2023
Jflex07:
You are an idiot . No sane human should ever support a tinubu presidency.

Why insult him na,can't someone breath on this platform,the guy just outline his reasons and all u could do is insult him.
Did he say,he supported Tinubu...No,so why the insult abeg.
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by Focusmind: 8:30pm On Mar 18, 2023
Gunshots within Ire-Akari and Okota axis. I quietly turned back. Later I went back to vote. As I was coming out, thugs in Keke came and smatched the ballot boxes and papers.

Praying for Nigeria is no longer on my prayers request and intentions. Every man to his own. Try and see how to prosper yourself even in the midst of the calamity and don't forget to enjoy your life to the fullest. Leave Nigeria matter.

3 Likes

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by olakan22: 8:30pm On Mar 18, 2023
Again not tenable excuse. Haven't you had challenges before? Did you just give up? People didn't vote because they didn't realize what was at stake. Those of us that went to vote are also pained. But when there's life, there's hope.

The honest truth is this; without voters' overwhelming participation, elections would always be uncredible.

Wainey:
For me, I lost the interest to go out and vote not because Tinubu won.
No, he was the second candidate who I preferred after Atiku and I somehow believed he will win.

The election across the federation was full of tension, the rivalry was interesting and the results shows that oppositions fought well and Tinubu's victory wouldn't have made me lost interest but then it was Rivers state results that demoralized me.
Everyone here in Rivers State knows that the state is a battle ground for PDP and LP but that isn't what happened.
Infact if not for Rivers state results, the presidential election won't look like it was rigged and we would have had hope in our electoral system but Rivers state was just a hope killer.
Wike made it obvious that he rigged it just to pepper Atiku but what he did was to pepper a greater percentage of Nigerians.
I actually voted Sha after much persuasions from people.
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by SuperBlack: 8:31pm On Mar 18, 2023
I lost interest since the presidential election,

Since they already know who's turn it is, they should give them Abeg,

I can't waiste my time finish and they will tell me nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by chinonfelix2(m): 8:32pm On Mar 18, 2023
For me I no more believe or trsut INEC.
I don't believe in this country's electorial process.
Your vote can never count as far as INEC is involved.
You will suffer, stand in the rain, stand in the sun, fight the thugs, protect your votes, cast your vote.
Results will be announced in your PU but on getting to television you will hear differe thing and absolutely nothing will be done..
As far as I'm concerned electorial process here is dead..

1 Like

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by Nefort: 8:34pm On Mar 18, 2023
Wainey:
Are you aware this is democracy and not Biafran-cracy?
This has nothing to do with Biafra. Tinubu is not a presidential material and the guy you quoted was right.

1 Like

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by bammo: 8:38pm On Mar 18, 2023
Jflex07:
You are an idiot . No sane human should ever support a tinubu presidency.
This is childish bro!
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by imagrg(m): 8:39pm On Mar 18, 2023
Our votes no longer count. undecided

1 Like

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by Harrynight(m): 8:42pm On Mar 18, 2023
Vote don't count

Inec obvious have a winner in wait even before we cast vote,
They've prove this over and over

I wish we return to the military rule or colonial masters Returns
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by McStoic(m): 8:42pm On Mar 18, 2023
Wainey:
No, he was the second candidate who I preferred after Atiku and I somehow believed he will win.

The election across the federation was full of tension, the rivalry was interesting and the results shows that oppositions fought well and Tinubu's victory wouldn't have made me lost interest but then it was Rivers state results that demoralized me.
Everyone here in Rivers State knows that the state is a battle ground for PDP and LP but that isn't what happened.
Infact if not for Rivers state results, the presidential election won't look like it was rigged and we would have had hope in our electoral system but Rivers state was just a hope killer.
Wike made it obvious that he rigged it just to pepper Atiku but what he did was to pepper a greater percentage of Nigerians.

You are neither here nor there. Wike made Tinubu win and you said you wanted Tinubu to win, so what are you talking about again?
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by Lovenorth: 8:42pm On Mar 18, 2023
I went to withdraw my hard earned money from my bank (access bank) when I got there, I met one useless idiot asking me that I won't enter the bank, people that I met there told me that I must collect one satanic number from one filthy security personnel and I must wait for when he would call my number, I laughed and vamoose from the place and go to buy money from the POS at an exorbitant amount since then, I lost interest in this administration and everything that has to do with politics, I repented from participating in the Nigeria's politics.
In addition I buy education, I buy health, I buy water and electricity in an exorbitant price and on top of that I have to buy employment, so what's the benefit of voting?

1 Like

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by Charly68: 8:43pm On Mar 18, 2023
No positive result since we have been voting. The politicians get to office only to serve themselves and families . We are tired of their lies and fake promises .Thank God that Buhari disappoint them through cashless policy so they couldn't buy the conscientious the poor this time around
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by Backpedal: 8:44pm On Mar 18, 2023
N3TRAL:
Democracy is the government of the people, by the people and for the people according to Abraham Lincoln.

It isn't necessarily through a ballot paper or a voters card.

The indigenous people chose their Governors today with sticks, machetes and bullets across Nigeria. In some communities there were chants of war songs and in other communities the rhythm came from heavy footsteps fleeing polling units with the speed of a horse.

It's Africa's version of democracy and I'm elated by the adventure that played before my screen. I couldn't ascertain my safety so I enjoyed the process from home.

Nigerians, lift your heads up high! You have tried as a people. Kudos to the people!

What is this one saying?
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by do4luv14(m): 8:45pm On Mar 18, 2023
Was Sleeping when I was woken to come and vote,

stand up, wash my face carry my PVC, vote and enter house jeje, no time for yeye dey smell
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by Judolisco(m): 8:45pm On Mar 18, 2023
D gubernatorial election should be done before the presidential election.... People r already disappointed at INEC
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by McStoic(m): 8:45pm On Mar 18, 2023
factcheckmmm:
I voted

I voted PDP

But that being aside

Any pastors who tells you to pray for Nigeria,. Tell the pastor to raise a dead person first.

In simple words don't listen to any of them

You successfully succeeded in saying nonsense
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by HellVictorinho7: 8:46pm On Mar 18, 2023
where?
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by Wainey: 8:47pm On Mar 18, 2023
Nefort:

This has nothing to do with Biafra. Tinubu is not a presidential material and the guy you quoted was right.
Na Peter Obi be presidential material abi?
Why am I even replying, it's obvious you are frustrated that Obi lost.
Take heart

2 Likes

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by Angrymode: 8:50pm On Mar 18, 2023
INEC
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by symbianDON(m): 8:52pm On Mar 18, 2023
Vote fire! Until INEC stops taking sides, nothing concern me with voting again.
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by meobizy(f): 8:52pm On Mar 18, 2023
No single politician can better the country. Why waste useful time?
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by Wainey: 8:52pm On Mar 18, 2023
McStoic:

You are neither here nor there. Wike made Tinubu win and you said you wanted Tinubu to win, so what are you talking about again?
go back, take time to read my post again, this time read it slowly, after understanding it, then come back and edit this ur comment.
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by ishie148(m): 8:53pm On Mar 18, 2023
I don't want to feel oppress
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by IamtheTruth1(m): 8:53pm On Mar 18, 2023
Wainey:

For my side, person vote finish thugs begun Nak am like him won bam cult o. The irony is that this man was mobbed in front of his wife and had to run to the police for cover.. Guess what, police was begging the thugs to take it easy on him.

If anybody tells me my vote counts tmrw I go slap am.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COVID-19: Imo Bans Easter Church Services / Customs Moves To Raid Warehouses With Foreign Rice In Southwest / Again, DSS Denies Lawyers Access To Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.