Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,984 members, 7,848,955 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 12:31 PM

Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. (16770 Views)

Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt / 2023: Voter Apathy Looms In North, CNG Warns / Voter Apathy Marks Start Of Lagos East Senatorial Bye-Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by Bomi(m): 10:47pm On Mar 18, 2023
I need my head to be examining ooo! Maybe I am going crazy! How can anybody who is sane talk about the election in Nigeria after the last presidential election? We all agreed that Nigeria supposes to be better, even with PDP and now APC has tried its hand. We cannot be doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results!
The second premise is that running to the election, suddenly there was lingering fuel scarcity something that did not happen for the past 7 years, either act of sabotage, inaction from NNPC officials, or ineptitude of the party head, this is not expected to enhance the party's luck running to the election, yet the reverse is the case!
I actually cry see people voting!
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by Formation10: 11:25pm On Mar 18, 2023
Blackazuma99:
Because it was a flawless victory again for PDP in Rivers State.
Meaning WIKE is the first governor of the state to produce a successor.

Support who know road, TINUBU WON, SIM WON Nigeria is United cool
You type are among the evil men looking for the downfall of Nigerian but God pass una remember that one day you go and give account of like support evil if you say the truth na you problem
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by Formation10: 11:26pm On Mar 18, 2023
Blackazuma99:
Because it was a flawless victory again for PDP in Rivers State.
Meaning WIKE is the first governor of the state to produce a successor.

Support who know road, TINUBU WON, SIM WON Nigeria is United cool
You type are among the evil men looking for the downfall of Nigerian but God pass una remember that one day you will go and give account if like support evil if you like say the truth na you problem

1 Like

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by eroticecstasy: 11:44pm On Mar 18, 2023
I didn't participate because some unknown tribes have stirred up the anger of the indigenes. As I don't understand the indigenous language I have to stay away to avoid unforseen circumstances. Let them chose their governor.

It's better you go to your state and vote!

1 Like

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by nwetadinobi042(m): 1:02am On Mar 19, 2023
I have decided to learn the hard way. Nigeria won't and can never work so therefore i can't vote anymore. As for the presidential which i voted, that will be my last voting in this country if i may remain Nigerian few years from now.
Wainey:
For me, I lost the interest to go out and vote not because Tinubu won.
No, he was the second candidate who I preferred after Atiku and I somehow believed he will win.

The election across the federation was full of tension, the rivalry was interesting and the results shows that oppositions fought well and Tinubu's victory wouldn't have made me lost interest but then it was Rivers state results that demoralized me.
Everyone here in Rivers State knows that the state is a battle ground for PDP and LP but that isn't what happened.
Infact if not for Rivers state results, the presidential election won't look like it was rigged and we would have had hope in our electoral system but Rivers state was just a hope killer.
Wike made it obvious that he rigged it just to pepper Atiku but what he did was to pepper a greater percentage of Nigerians.
I actually voted Sha after much persuasions from people.

1 Like

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by jimcaddy(m): 1:44am On Mar 19, 2023
There is nothing called election in this country, if you vote, they will go behind and manipulate your vote. So that's the use. They should pick whoever they want. We will all suffer this country together, no wahala.

1 Like

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by ud4u: 2:48am On Mar 19, 2023
It is a pity, I didn't step out of my house because I lost credibility of the whole process through the presidential election

1 Like

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by rummmy: 5:12am On Mar 19, 2023
I lost hope in inec till for ever....

1 Like

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by deltateam: 5:13am On Mar 19, 2023
SmartPolician:
Well, I voted in Lagos, but moments later, APC thugs arrived. They said baale asked everyone to stop voting and fight broke out. They destroyed our votes. Police looked on, and I quietly returned to my house.

Nigeria's situation is a hopeless one. We need to study the usefulness of police in elections because they are utterly useless.

Police are not utterly useless unless they were compromised. If their Oga was settled, he'll tell them to look away.

What usually happens is that sometimes the leader of a state would influence a change to a cp that would be loyal to him. That way police is rendered useless.
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by Skty: 6:16am On Mar 19, 2023
No
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by samwillyco1(m): 6:28am On Mar 19, 2023
The one I voted before was highjacked by thugs, so no need taking such risk again.
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by leisuretym: 6:34am On Mar 19, 2023
I voted, election was very peaceful and fun until igbos Obidents lairs party thugs killed a voter at Ago palace because he wanted to vote APC
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by samx4real(m): 8:38am On Mar 19, 2023
Even if God come down and ask me to go out to vote...

I will never do that again until those people who rigged the last election select a better person that will lead this country.
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by nony43(m): 8:39am On Mar 19, 2023
Bar1941:
I am very proud of my Yoruba heritage despite the low turnout elsewhere, our people turned out in mass to vote in Lagos and eventually showed LAGOS IS NOT A NO MAN'S LAND..

The Yorubas are hospitable and accommodating, but the moment that hospitality is taken for stupidity, we will show you the stuff we are made of.

Now the issue of Lagos is a no man's land should go to the dustbin, let every law abiding citizen go about their businesses peacefully. Anyone that wants to foment trouble can go ahead.

Who said Lagos is a no man’s land? Show me a picture or a video.
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by daddyfreeman1(m): 9:33am On Mar 19, 2023
i never voted in nigeria before. I am a biafran, and not a nigerian
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by efficiencie(m): 10:44am On Mar 19, 2023
Wainey:
For me, I lost the interest to go out and vote not because Tinubu won.
No, he was the second candidate who I preferred after Atiku and I somehow believed he will win.

The election across the federation was full of tension, the rivalry was interesting and the results shows that oppositions fought well and Tinubu's victory wouldn't have made me lost interest but then it was Rivers state results that demoralized me.
Everyone here in Rivers State knows that the state is a battle ground for PDP and LP but that isn't what happened.
Infact if not for Rivers state results, the presidential election won't look like it was rigged and we would have had hope in our electoral system but Rivers state was just a hope killer.
Wike made it obvious that he rigged it just to pepper Atiku but what he did was to pepper a greater percentage of Nigerians.
I actually voted Sha after much persuasions from people.

You vote, you do not vote, you will be ruled by animals because animals have designed the institutions to perpetuate their stay in power. The only way the people win is if we have fewer Thomas Sankaras and we have more Yunus Mohammeds. No matter how revolutionary you are. No matter how much love you have for your country if you attempt to use the institutions of government to bring change you will be sabotaged, hounded and assassinated by those who set up the government institutions for the sole purpose of perpetuating their stay in power and you will face the same fate as Thomas Sankara. However if all of us who suffer from the injustice of the cabals, go the way of Yunus Mohammed, we will bring lasting social change from the grassroots with our own resources. Some will say oh, if we all do that those in power will keep stealing. Well they will realize that we no longer grant their political process the legitimacy they seek and when a sufficient amount of Nigerians boycott their elections every 4 years they will realize that the people are united against the scam they call government and that any spark could light up the revolution that will result in the mass execution of the cabals in this country.

We cannot achieve this until we stop giving legitimacy to this nonsense we are currently practicing that we call "democracy", start working together to address the challenges in our community and form a type of parallel government where the voice of the people is heard and action is taken.

I don't see any other way. The messiah will not come seeking power, rather he will come mobilizing the people to work together and address their shared challenges.
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by faceLAGOS: 2:50pm On Mar 19, 2023
Why should I vote someone I don’t know in Toto?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jos prison: Gunshots, teargas fired as inmates protest reduced food ration / Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu / Teju Cole To Prof. Soyinka - " How Does It Feel To Be An Embarrassment? "

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.