Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,358 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? (10029 Views)

Poll: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet Tall ?

Yes: 21% (4 votes)
No: 21% (4 votes)
Not Sure: 15% (3 votes)
Silly question: 26% (5 votes)
Impossible: 15% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

PICS:Church Members Carry Their Pastor Because His Feet Must Not Touch The Floor / Perfection Must Be Attained To Get To Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by LagosShia: 11:18am On Sep 19, 2011
frosbel:

543)

Guys is it me or maybe I am having a bad day, that the Quran says Adam was 90ft tall.

[b]
The texts you presented are not found in the Holy Quran you liar!

they are found in hadiths collections,in particular the sunni hadith collection of "sahih bukhari".you are so ignorant or deceptive to say that hadiths are found in the Quran.the Quran is not a book of fairytales.you may find fairytales in hadiths collections which like your bible were written in different places and at different times by fallible men and the words are rightly or wrongly attributed to prophets and God.you can find both true and false stories in them.muslims do not hold the hadith collections as completely infallible as christians live in denial and continue to believe that everything found in the bible is the "infallible word of God".only the Holy Quran is 100% infallible to muslims.

also,it is of use to point out that what is translated from arabic as "feet" in those hadiths may not be the "feet" we know of today.the standard units of measurements were put in place and their metric conversions standardized in recent times.it is just the way both the bible and Quran say that God created the universe in 6 days.the word "day" in arabic and even hebrew does not necessary mean 24 hours.the word day in arabic and also hebrew is "yaum" which can be translated to a "span of time" which is not defined as 24 hours.

we have experienced some peace in this forum after your christianity madness and your futile attempts to provoke others were constantly hammered.do not think that you can continue what you used to do.if you go mad again,you will be treated appropriately and your christian arrogance and bubble will be bursted again and repeatedly.the forum is constantly monitored for those who spread lies.if you start again,your lies would be refuted and your so called "truths" would be exposed again.just concentrate on your preaching and talking about your christianity and its lies and half truths.[/b]
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by LagosShia: 11:21am On Sep 19, 2011
if you want to laugh you got more than enough in your bible and christianity to do so:

"Ill-fitting/hillarious Qualities Of God In The Bible":
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-739934.0.html

"Demolishing The Falsehood Of Christianity And Its Bible":
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-739943.0.html
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 19, 2011
LagosShia:

[b]
The texts you presented are not found in the Holy Quran you liar!

they are found in hadiths collections,in particular the sunni hadith collection of "sahih bukhari".you are so ignorant or deceptive to say that hadiths are found in the Quran.the Quran is not a book of fairytales.you may find fairytales in hadiths collections which like your bible were written in different places and at different times by fallible men and the words are rightly or wrongly attributed to prophets and God.you can find both true and false stories in them.muslims do not hold the hadith collections as completely infallible as christians live in denial and continue to believe that everything found in the bible is the "infallible word of God".only the Holy Quran is 100% infallible to muslims.

also,it is of use to point out that what is translated from arabic as "feet" in those hadiths may not be the "feet" we know of today.the standard units of measurements were put in place and their metric conversions standardized in recent times.it is just the way both the bible and Quran say that God created the universe in 6 days.the word "day" in arabic and even hebrew does not necessary mean 24 hours.the word day in arabic and also hebrew is "yaum" which can be translated to a "span of time" which is not defined as 24 hours.

we have experienced some peace in this forum after your christianity madness and your futile attempts to provoke others were constantly hammered.do not think that you can continue what you used to do.if you go mad again,you will be treated appropriately and your christian arrogance and bubble will be bursted again and repeatedly.the forum is constantly monitored for those who spread lies.if you start again,your lies would be refuted and your so called "truths" would be exposed again.just concentrate on your preaching and talking about your christianity and its lies and half truths.[/b]

Shia heretic, those are Quranic verses.

Or you don't believe in your Quran anymore

good for me !!!!
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by LagosShia: 12:42pm On Sep 19, 2011
frosbel:

Shia heretic, those are Quranic verses.

Or you don't believe in your Quran anymore

good for me !!!!

christian infidel

can you tell me in which chapter of the Quran those "verses" are found?tell me the name of the chapter,its number and the verse number.

"sahih bukhari" is not found in the Quran.

you should be ashamed of yourself for misinforming people than coming to talk nonsense.
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:48pm On Sep 19, 2011
MyJoe:

Obviously OLAADEGBU is bursting his sides laughing at the idea that Adam was 90 foot tall, but find the story that the same Adam lived for 930 years perfectly credible, rational and true.

Why didn't you come to the rescue of wirinet and answer how the whale evolved?  This is what your apostle wrote:

"In North America the black bear was seen by Hearne swimming for hours with widely opened mouth, thus catching, like a whale, insects in the water. Even in so extreme a case as this, if the supply of insects were constant, and if better adapted competitors did not already exist in the country, I can see no difficulty in a race of bears being rendered, by natural selection, more and more aquatic in their structure and habits, with larger and larger mouths, till a creature was produced as monstrous as a whale." -- Charles Darwin

Do you also believe that the whales evolved from  hungry black bears?  This is preposterous to say the least.

I can explain why Adam lived for almost a thousand years but can you explain the evolution of the whale as quoted by your leader above?
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 19, 2011
LagosShia:

christian infidel

can you tell me in which chapter of the Quran those "verses" are found?tell me the name of the chapter,its number and the verse number.

"sahih bukhari" is not found in the Quran.

you should be ashamed of yourself for misinforming people than coming to talk nonsense.

Ah okay so Adam was not 90ft tall , right ?

Sunnis think he was, appears Shia heretics do not , lol.

Confusion galore. grin grin grin

Was he 90ft or 100ft, tell me !!!!!
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:04pm On Sep 19, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

Why didn't you come to the rescue of wirinet and answer how the whale evolved?  This is what your apostle wrote:

"In North America the black bear was seen by Hearne swimming for hours with widely opened mouth, thus catching, like a whale, insects in the water. Even in so extreme a case as this, if the supply of insects were constant, and if better adapted competitors did not already exist in the country, I can see no difficulty in a race of bears being rendered, by natural selection, more and more aquatic in their structure and habits, with larger and larger mouths, till a creature was produced as monstrous as a whale." -- Charles Darwin

Do you also believe that the whales evolved from  hungry black bears?  This is preposterous to say the least.

I can explain why Adam lived for almost a thousand years but can you explain the evolution of the whale as quoted by your leader above?

darwin did not say that whales evolved from bears. he just said that if bears continue this habit for millions of years, in the future we might have larege water-bear like creatures. *might

do you have proof that adam lived for 1000 years because we have proof for evolution.
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by LagosShia: 1:16pm On Sep 19, 2011
frosbel:

Ah okay so Adam was not 90ft tall , right ?

Sunnis think he was, appears Shia heretics do not , lol.

Confusion galore. grin grin grin

Was he 90ft or 100ft, tell me !!!!!

SoB!

can you tell me where in the Quran?

Sunnis do not think he was.and if those words were found in the Quran or the particular hadith is found to be true,then both sunnis and shia will believe in it.
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Sep 19, 2011
Okay Sufis believe he was.

At least that is what Sweetnecta implies in his comments.

Liars them all like Muhammad.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by LagosShia: 1:34pm On Sep 19, 2011
frosbel:

Okay Sufis believe he was.

At least that is what Sweetnecta implies in his comments.

Liars them all like Muhammad.

grin grin grin grin

stop exposing your ignorance.sufis are not a sect.they are a movement.you find sufis among both shia and sunnis.

tell us where in the Quran those so called "verses" are found.
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:35pm On Sep 19, 2011
Sweetnecta:

^^^^^^^^^ OLaadegbu does not apply his mind, but his emotion. I am even surprised that he has brought on Bugs Bonny [cartoon] to answer yet.

Be expecting a cartoon to put you out of your misery shortly. wink

Sweetnecta:

@Olaadegbu: « #25 on: Today at 08:20:34 AM »This is the truth? here is Gen 1 verses 29 and 30 [please don't be shy to show me the height of Adam in there, if the Bible is complete]: 29And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

30And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so

Where did you see meat eaters in those verses?

Sweetnecta:

I am trying to open your eyes to knowledge. Your Bible is silent on the question, showing its deficiency. But the answer is from a different source, a more thorough source, a complete source, you now want to doubt the information. Do you have any viable argument from the Bible to go against it. Giants as children of son of Biblical God must be pretty tall. Have you noticed the word giant? I ask you to give me accurate measurement, you are giving all kinds of excuses. Mr. There a book titled Gulliver's Travel. In it there was a giant that the inhabitants that saw him, were in his eyes like less than dwarfs. The inhabitants might have had normal heights, even for our time. But to the giant may even be more than 100 feet. You don't know. You also don't know about Adam, since your Bible is obviously silent.

So you believe the giant in Gulliver's Travel as your proof that Adam was 90 feet tall? shocked

Sweetnecta:

You however take your bible to be the absolute truth. So lets see how your absolute truth fairs against my fable.
Bible the absolute truth, how tall was Adam, the first man that God created? Answer; Silence. I don't know. My opinion; You are a fake. Let me ask the hadith of Muhammad [as] who you readers think the worst about. I bet you he will have an answer, fulfilling the position and duty of the Another Comforter and definitely the "That Prophet", the reason the Jews went to Arabia to create a city next to Makka. Madina is the final name of the city they created, and it is the resting place of Muhammad [as].
Here is what Muhammad [as] says about Adam [as]; Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Allah created Adam, making him 60 cubits tall. When He created him, He said to him, "Go and greet that group of angels, and listen to their reply, for it will be your greeting (salutation) and the greeting (salutations of your offspring." So, Adam said (to the angels), As-Salamu Alaikum (i.e. Peace be upon you). The angels said, "As-salamu Alaika wa Rahmatu-l-lahi" (i.e. Peace and Allah's Mercy be upon you). Thus the angels added to Adam's salutation the expression, 'Wa Rahmatu-l-lahi,' Any person who will enter Paradise will resemble Adam (in appearance and figure). People have been decreasing in stature since Adam's creation. (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 55, Number 543)"
The Scientific Discoveries.

(a)- Life began on earth 3.8 billion years ago!
(b)- Dahaha (دحاها) means expanded, made spherical, balanced, and caused to move.
(c)- The smaller the planet, the lesser the gravity, and the bigger and taller the creatures will be.
(d)- The earth was much smaller and kept expanding.

Allah Almighty Said that He Expanded the earth.
www.answering-christianity.com/adam_90_feet_tall.htm -

That life began on earth 3.8 millions ago and that Adam grew to be as tall as 90 ft tall are all fables nursed in fertile minds. You are entitled to your beliefs but there is no empirical evidence for these.

Sweetnecta:

you should be able to read between the line. I have no guilt. I intended to type no guilt, except I was typing so fast the "no' was skipped. I have no need for your gospel truth where the last saying of Jesus was not just a single saying. Who needs to be in such a confused camp? Definitely not me.

Your conscience is your personal police and it cannot lie, and if you silence it with your indoctrination the laws of nature is out there showing you that Adam cannot be as tall as 90 ft and above all the Moral Law is there telling you that you are not good enough. Why would you strive with your Maker?

Sweetnecta:

I already defended my position. Now defend your bible. Or you no fit defend am?

The onus is on you to proof that Adam was 90 ft tall. Na ya book talk am.

Sweetnecta:

You read the hadith. It is not against the Quran. If Muhammad [as] said it, I already accepted it. I hope you accept everything in the Bible including how Yahweh gets around?

I can defend what the Bible says but this thread is for you to defend your stand, don't shift the burden of proof on me.

Sweetnecta:

I cam count, sir. 90 feet is 10 feet more than 80 feet and 10 feet less than 100 feet. Does that answer your question. The California Red Tree is so tall that it dwarfs any tall tree around it. And that is after the flood of Noah. But Adam was long time before the flood and he lived close to a millennium, if not more. If you believe he lived that long, imagine him being that tall, too. And Goliath was giant to little boy, not even 13 years old yet, David. And this was long time after the man known as Moses.

Do you still believe those photoshops are real or that they support your beliefs?

Sweetnecta:

Monster or not, the reality is that the Bible was silent about the height of Adam. You ask that I go to Gen 1 verses 29 and 30 as if there is a wealth of information about the height of Adam waiting for me. Nothing was there. So there was your empty knowledge.

Where I quoted tells us that Adam and the animals (Including Mr. Dinosaur) were not meat eaters. The fact that the Bible is silent on His height does not mean we should add to the word of God. Do you know what awaits those who add or subtract from the word of God?

Sweetnecta:

I dont know about you. But let me show you a video of a man who left Christianity after discovering how the Bible says Yahweh travels around. Please watch it and give me your opinion, afterwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-04A2tFO1l8&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL428186129F273F27

Let me recommend the film called The Planet of the Apes or Jurassic Park as an evidence of how dinosaurs and people lived together. grin
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:44pm On Sep 19, 2011
PAGAN 9JA:

darwin did not say that whales evolved from bears. he just said that if bears continue this habit for millions of years, in the future we might have larege water-bear like creatures. *might

do you have proof that adam lived for 1000 years because we have proof for evolution.

Darwin thought whales evolved through natural selection from black bears, at least that is what I could read from what he wrote.  Tell me how whales evolved?  Did they evolve from small creatures?  If this is so, why wouldn't you agree that Adam too grew to about 90 feet tall as your friends here believe. As for the proof of Adam living for almost a millenium can be determined by genetics but this is not the right forum to discuss this.
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:15pm On Sep 19, 2011
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by Sweetnecta: 3:45pm On Sep 19, 2011
@Olaadegbu: [Quote]30And to every beast of the earth, and to [b]every fowl of the air, [/b]and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb [b]for meat: [/b]and it was so[/Quote]I think Olaadegbu closed his eyes when he read this, not seeing fowl and meat at least, when he wrote the below.

[Quote]Where did you see meat eaters in those verses?[/Quote]I guess when God said to man "for meat", He should have said " for meat to eat" before you process it in your wooh wooh mind that for meat is enough expression without to eat?
what do people do with meat except eat it? You need a cone cap on your head, cartoon man.
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:55pm On Sep 19, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

Darwin thought whales evolved through natural selection from black bears, at least that is what I could read from what he wrote.  Tell me how whales evolved?  Did they evolve from small creatures?  If this is so, why wouldn't you agree that Adam too grew to about 90 feet tall as your friends here believe.  As for the proof of Adam living for almost a millenium can be determined by genetics but this is not the right forum to discuss this.

please read it carefully and no hurry. he said that in case which means he expressed a possibility in the future of an aquatic bear or something like that if the black bear continued feeding in that way just lyk how the polar bear evolved to adapt to its surroundings.

and this IS the right thread to discuss proof about adams strange size-growing genetics. maybe he evolved to catch apples from very high trees.  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue

[img]http://michigantoday.umich.edu/2011/06/whale-evolution.jpg[/img]

^note: whales are not ferocious inspite their size (like herbivores) and they do not have gills like other fish, i.e they breathe through lungs like humans and other animals.
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by Sweetnecta: 4:11pm On Sep 19, 2011
@Olaadegbu;[Quote] Quote from: Sweetnecta on Yesterday at 12:44:50 PM
Monster or not, the reality is that the Bible was silent about the height of Adam. You ask that I go to Gen 1 verses 29 and 30 as if there is a wealth of information about the height of Adam waiting for me. Nothing was there. So there was your empty knowledge.

Where I quoted tells us that Adam and the animals (Including Mr. Dinosaur) were not meat eaters. The fact that the Bible is silent on His height does not mean we should add to the word of God.[/Quote]i know when meat was mentioned in the Bible it was not to be eaten. I wonder why it was mentioned though? Any guess away from eating? What do people do with meat?

[Quote]  Do you know what awaits those who add or subtract from the word of God?[/Quote]The plagues says Mr. Paul. Tell us where the plague was written. Give us some of the plagues?

[Quote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on Yesterday at 12:44:50 PM
I dont know about you. But let me show you a video of a man who left Christianity after discovering how the Bible says Yahweh travels around. Please watch it and give me your opinion, afterwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-04A2tFO1l8&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL428186129F273F27

Let me recommend the film called The Planet of the Apes or Jurassic Park as an evidence of how dinosaurs and people lived together. Grin[/Quote]I see that you didn't watch the video of the guy renouncing Christianity. Its a very interest evidence indicting your Bible. The book that is so complete that you think meat is mentioned as something not eaten. No wonder you did not accept that at least the first man had to be a giant and must not be shorter than the giants produced as hybrids from the wives [daughters of man] and husbands [sons of God [ridiculous that God has sons and they can't be satisfied by damsels in heavens, they had to come on earth to fulfill their appetite. Yet some non muslims are saying no sex in heavens]. How tall were the giants, if you know?
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:10pm On Sep 19, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@Olaadegbu: I think Olaadegbu closed his eyes when he read this, not seeing fowl and meat at least, when he wrote the below.

Can you see how you shot yourself in the foot?  You misunderstood the translation and then went ahead to make a blunder in your interpretation.

Sweetnecta:

I guess when God said to man "for meat", He should have said " for meat to eat" before you process it in your wooh wooh mind that for meat is enough expression without to eat?
what do people do with meat except eat it? You need a cone cap on your head, cartoon man.

See confusion network! shocked  Let me put you out of your misery by quoting the NKJV

"Also, to every beast of the earth, to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, in which there is life, I have given every green herb for food" (Genesis 1:30).

Let's see whether you can decode what this verse says now. cool
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 19, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@Olaadegbu;i know when meat was mentioned in the Bible it was not to be eaten. I wonder why it was mentioned though? Any guess away from eating? What do people do with meat?

The plagues says Mr. Paul. Tell us where the plague was written. Give us some of the plagues?

I see that you didn't watch the video of the guy renouncing Christianity. Its a very interest evidence indicting your Bible. The book that is so complete that you think meat is mentioned as something not eaten. No wonder you did not accept that at least the first man had to be a giant and must not be shorter than the giants produced as hybrids from the wives [daughters of man] and husbands [sons of God [ridiculous that God has sons and they can't be satisfied by damsels in heavens, they had to come on earth to fulfill their appetite. Yet some non muslims are saying no sex in heavens]. How tall were the giants, if you know?

Okay so you believe Adam was 90ft tall or more and posted a youtube video ( though a doctored version ) to support your theory.

But your brother, the Shia Heretic who says all Hadiths are corrupt, lol grin grin grin grin , does not believe that this is the case.

So tell me , who do we believe, you or the Shia Heretic ?
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:24pm On Sep 19, 2011
PAGAN 9JA:

please read it carefully and no hurry. he said that in case which means he expressed a possibility in the future of an aquatic bear or something like that if the black bear continued feeding in that way just lyk how the polar bear evolved to adapt to its surroundings.

and this IS the right thread to discuss proof about adams strange size-growing genetics. maybe he evolved to catch apples from very high trees.  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue

^note: whales are not ferocious inspite their size (like herbivores) and they do not have gills like other fish, i.e they breathe through lungs like humans and other animals.

The fact remains that he thought it was possible for a black bear to become a whale just as your diagram shows.  The empirical evidence you have are the drawings you have in textbooks that you posted up there.  This makes your fairytale 'scientific' you think.
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by MyJoe: 7:30pm On Sep 19, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

[size=14pt]Disclaimer
In attributing evolution to me and assigning me a leader as he did above, Mr OLAADEGBU lied! I'm not an evolutionary biologist and have never purveyed, preached or defended evolution on this forum. Anyone believing the said Mr OLAADEGBU does so at his own risk, as the man has demonstrated he is both able and willing to lie to defend his strange stance of turning up his nose at the idea of a 90 foot Adam while underwriting an Adam that lived 930 years as well as other sundry beliefs which are irreconcilliable with reason.
[/size]
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by Sweetnecta: 8:05pm On Sep 19, 2011
[Quote]« #49 on: Today at 06:13:54 PM »

Quote from: Sweetnecta on Today at 04:11:12 PM
@Olaadegbu;i know when meat was mentioned in the Bible it was not to be eaten. I wonder why it was mentioned though? Any guess away from eating? What do people do with meat?

The plagues says Mr. Paul. Tell us where the plague was written. Give us some of the plagues?

I see that you didn't watch the video of the guy renouncing Christianity. Its a very interest evidence indicting your Bible. The book that is so complete that you think meat is mentioned as something not eaten. No wonder you did not accept that at least the first man had to be a giant and must not be shorter than the giants produced as hybrids from the wives [daughters of man] and husbands [sons of God [ridiculous that God has sons and they can't be satisfied by damsels in heavens, they had to come on earth to fulfill their appetite. Yet some non muslims are saying no sex in heavens]. How tall were the giants, if you know?

Okay so you believe Adam was 90ft tall or more and posted a youtube video ( though a doctored version ) to support your theory.

But your brother, the Shia Heretic who says all Hadiths are corrupt, lol Grin Grin Grin Grin , does not believe that this is the case.

So tell me , who do we believe, you or the Shia Heretic ?
[/Quote]Go to mommy for some RR. The little ones will be there before you. We see that you have no morals, ability to speak the truth, as you just lied that it was stated that all hadith are corrupt. We both believe that you are a liar and shameless at that. 3 gods are 1 God, is a sign of smartness. So who needs a dummy in the house?
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:09pm On Sep 19, 2011
MyJoe:

[size=14pt]Disclaimer
In attributing evolution to me and assigning me a leader as he did above, Mr OLAADEGBU lied! I'm not an evolutionary biologist and have never purveyed, preached or defended evolution on this forum. Anyone believing the said Mr OLAADEGBU does so at his own risk, as the man has demonstrated he is both able and willing to lie to defend his strange stance of turning up his nose at the idea of a 90 foot Adam while underwriting an Adam that lived 930 years as well as other sundry beliefs which are irreconcilliable with reason.
[/size]

It is a wise thing to drop Darwin's idea like hot potatoes.  I thought you were gunning for humanist ideologies, but if you disclaim that too then accept my apologies.  Why did you think Adam could attain the physical height of 90ft?  Does it seem reasonable to you?  If the fact that Adam lived for 930 years is preposterous to you then read the link that explains why he and his contemporaries could do so.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab2/adam-and-noah-live
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:18pm On Sep 19, 2011

Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by Sweetnecta: 8:24pm On Sep 19, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ You need to grow up.
Not every question deserves a cartoon answer.

Your children sometimes talk instead of drawing the finger[s] as responses to you.

Some men could be so juvenile. And Olaadegbu is a poster child for this trait.
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:49pm On Sep 19, 2011
Since you find it difficult to understand the Bible let me put it into pikshur for you.

Sweetnecta:

@Olaadegbu; Can you tell us exactly how tall Adam was, who must eat meat, when the dinosaurs were here on earth? Imagine him and Eve alone, after checking out from hotel Eden, according to the Bible. They have to prepare their food for the first time. Where do they harvest the meat? The meat source must be big enough to compete in the hostile world of big giant meat eaters.Think about that.

See what happened to the food they prepared for the first time, they were all vegetarians. grin grin grin

[img width=500 height=500]http://www.answersingenesis.org/assets/images/media/cartoons/after-eden/20100813.gif[/img]
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by Sweetnecta: 6:20am On Sep 20, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ These are your fore-parents. Or you are not from Adam and Eve?

You said they are vegetarians. That will be similar to in abundance of water, the foool feeling thirsty.

God did not create a fool. You olaadegbu is making a full/complete foool of yourself by saying the things you are not sure of about your parents.
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:52am On Sep 20, 2011
Watch out for Walking with Dinosaurs in the next episode of the Discovery channel, there you will find the evidence that Adam was indeed 90 ft tall.  shocked shocked

[img width=500 height=500]http://www.answersingenesis.org/assets/images/media/cartoons/after-eden/20000417.gif[/img]
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by Sweetnecta: 11:34am On Sep 20, 2011
^^^^^^^^^ Hey Olaadegbu, who was the first meat eater?
What was the first type of meat eaten?

I am making you to think. I know its hard for you.
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:36pm On Sep 20, 2011
Sweetnecta:

It is rather the other way round.  You are now asking the right questions instead of putting the cart before the horse.  Your good book teaches you to ask the people of the book to explain to you things you do not know and if you remain humble and teachable you will learn a thing or two.

Let's go over what you have learnt.  You have learnt that all animals, including Adam and Eve were vegetarians and that they were given every green herb for meat.  Green herb here means vegetation like grass, vegetables and plants.  The word 'meat' is the KJV word for food, Ka ji ko wink

Now compare what God said in Genesis 1:29-30 to Adam with what He said to Noah after the Flood:

"Every moving thing that lives shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things" (Genesis 9:3).

Can you now see the difference?  Can you say who was a vegetarian and who was not?
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by Nimshi: 12:59pm On Sep 20, 2011
90 feet?

Can't imagine what his wee thing would then have been.

Hmnn, that Eve! Tough woman.

Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by Sweetnecta: 1:42pm On Sep 20, 2011
@Olaadegbu; « #60 on: Today at 12:36:23 PM »
[Quote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on Today at 11:34:54 AM

It is rather the other way round. You are now asking the right questions instead of putting the cart before the horse. Your good book teaches you to ask the people of the book to explain to you things you do not know and if you remain humble and teachable you will learn a thing or two.

Let's go over what you have learnt. You have learnt that all animals, including Adam and Eve were vegetarians and that they were given every green herb for meat. Green herb here means vegetation like grass, vegetables and plants. The word 'meat' is the KJV word for food, Ka ji ko Wink[/Quote]KJV calling grass meat. What is flesh, then? i bet the flesh of fowl of the sky can't be meat. it is salad. or veggie burgers. I didn't know that i have to rebuild you from ground up. there is no renovation or remodeling in you. Even the evil children of Israel were given Quails, as meat [sorry flesh source], because man does not live on bread [sorry grass] alone.

[Quote]Now compare what God said in Genesis 1:29-30 to Adam with what He said to Noah after the Flood:

"Every moving thing that lives shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things" (Genesis 9:3).[/Quote]In the case of Adam, the instruction came without a prior human disaster like what happened in the time of Noah. Adam was going to eat for the first time, being told what to eat and what not to eat, otherwise he may just eat Eve, if we take the instructions given to Noah literally, all things moving are food; humans are with him and they are moving. But then, we see that in the case of Noah, the later part of the verse negated the earlier part, now that green herb all things are given him, rendering flesh of animal useless, or its hide [hyde]. I am asking myself if the bibles know who had flesh first, since meat is green herb in it? You failed, twice, Olaadegbu. You did not give me who had flesh first and what type of flesh he or she had.
But then, the years between Adam and Noah, considering all the people that lived did not eat flesh, can there not be an over grazing of the green herbs?

[Quote]Can you now see the difference? Can you say who was a vegetarian and who was not?[/Quote]You failed to explain and my observation ridicule your post. Man was given opportunity to eat anything, except what is forbidden. Man was given opportunity to touch anything except what was forbidden. man was given opportunity to do anything except what is forbidden. Man is not forbidden to think. Get thinking, Olaadegbu.
Re: Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? by Sweetnecta: 1:50pm On Sep 20, 2011
Let just imagine the beginning of the the creation of Adam.

In the whole place of his creation, who expects anything less than 90 ft of human shape to lay there, before the soul as spirit was breathed into it?

God creates in perfection.

If it is in Eden as the Jews and Christians believe is where Adam was created [not that I believe this is the place of his creation], if this place is larger than Central Park in New York City, 90 ft is not an oversize thing. Imagine him alone before Eve was created. Is 90 ft to big to be in a whole garden, alone?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? / What Is The Difference Between A Christian And A Pharisee? / NASA Found Message From God Written On Tablets In A Martian Cave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.