Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,612 members, 7,820,178 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Boko Haram Family Demands N100M Compensation in Talks with OBJ - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Family Demands N100M Compensation in Talks with OBJ (6378 Views)

Bode George, Odili Got N100M Each From Dasuki In Arms Purchase Scam - Sahara Rep / Buhari In Talks With Igbo Leaders Over Pro-biafra Protests – Presidency / PHOTO: Nigerian Police To Pay N100m Compensation Over Death Of Lawyer Detainee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Family Demands N100M Compensation in Talks with OBJ by Orblonde: 12:01pm On Sep 17, 2011
The connection between public office holders/corruption and Boko haram pacification is that the motive of a corrupt official is not based on patriotism and so he will not be interested in dealing with the real issues, i.e. creating jobs etc. He would rather want to keep a lid on things so as to ensure the statuesque for stealing remains
Re: Boko Haram Family Demands N100M Compensation in Talks with OBJ by Beaf: 12:08pm On Sep 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

And I was supporting his mature move in one thread. oma se.

So beaf, did you say  GEJ "okayed" this visit and the N100m negotiation?

Whatever is happening obviously has govt backing. A very important correction to make is that there is no 100m negotiation, rather the 100m was awarded by a court. It is wrong to suggest that govt should be a lawbreaker.

The slaying of innocent Nigerians by boko haram is abhorrent and not to be tolerated, all who have been caught must face the death penalty for their acts; however, the cold blooded execution of boko harams leaders by the police was just as wrong and the guilty must face the death sentence as well. Boko haram or not, we are all Nigerians under the same law.
Re: Boko Haram Family Demands N100M Compensation in Talks with OBJ by Babasessy(m): 12:11pm On Sep 17, 2011
edicolove:

@op

Please the title of this thread is wrong and we should not allow NL to become another Saharareporters. If this site become like Saharareporters, then where do you want us to go next? You posted a topic that is completely at variance with the report you posted. The report indicates a court awarded a 100 million compensation to the BH leader's family but you posted that they are demanding 100 million. The title is very misleading please. You need to pass the truth to Nigerians, not sensational half truths.

Thank you.             

The tittle of the tread is not misleading or sensational in any form, Boko Haram family demanded for the payment of 100million compensation awarded in their favour by Hon. justice Mo hammed Mus-tapher of the Borno state high court 3 as you can read in the main text of the story. What you must note is that all the info cannot be contained in the headline which has to be brief.[quote][/quote]
Re: Boko Haram Family Demands N100M Compensation in Talks with OBJ by Coldsteel(m): 12:22pm On Sep 17, 2011
Pls lets b realistic here.wat are dey gonna do wit #100m aside equiping their arsenal with more bombs and securing more suicide bombers, its crystal clear that d family are in alliance wit bokoharam & also engineering the bombings & death of innocent people, so they shld 1st be arestd & not dialoged with, & come 2 think of it,wat stops GEJ 4rm sealing up our borders & massively millitarizing the troubled region, only if he wasnt such chicken hearted,
Re: Boko Haram Family Demands N100M Compensation in Talks with OBJ by Ajibola26(m): 12:44pm On Sep 17, 2011
wink boko bomb gssjh
Re: Boko Haram Family Demands N100M Compensation in Talks with OBJ by BigB11(m): 1:30pm On Sep 17, 2011
You can not blame Boko Haram for their demand. Something tells me that this is just the beginning, we haven't seen nothing yet.

When you make a move without deeply thinking about it, this is what you get.
OBJ's move is a selfish bushman's move:
A move that would have worked effectively 50 yrs ago.
A move that was only made to protect the looters leaders of this nation and absolutely not an average Nigerian.
A move made to be relevant again in Nigeria.
A move that we'll have to pay for for a very long time.
A move that is far from being productive.
A move that may eventually divide the nation.
A move that will definitely produce more terrorist groups
Mark it down

Again, this is just the beginning, a lot more is yet to come.
Re: Boko Haram Family Demands N100M Compensation in Talks with OBJ by BigB11(m): 1:33pm On Sep 17, 2011
Senseless Leaders VS Hopeless Citizens = A Great Movie
Re: Boko Haram Family Demands N100M Compensation in Talks with OBJ by sotimonpe(m): 1:36pm On Sep 17, 2011
i wonder why some Nigerians will never says any thing good about OBJ. OBJ is a man that  we must respect  in some ways he has  step out to give what he know how to do let him do his goo work
Re: Boko Haram Family Demands N100M Compensation in Talks with OBJ by BigB11(m): 2:29pm On Sep 17, 2011
I wonder what it will take for folks to understand that OBJ represents 1 of the major problems in this country. He needs to take a seat somewhere and allow real leaders to figure things out.

He forced Yaradua on us simply because. Pf his selfish motive. He has done it again by forcing another clueless president on us to accomplish his selfish goals.

We must stop weak leaders. Nigeria belongs to all of us.
Re: Boko Haram Family Demands N100M Compensation in Talks with OBJ by ypad: 3:13pm On Sep 17, 2011
If BH family is demanding N100m as compensation for the death of yusuf, what compensation 'll be given to the families slain by BH? Many Nigerians were killed by BH, I ask again what 'll be there compensation? sad
Re: Boko Haram Family Demands N100M Compensation in Talks with OBJ by Pennywise(m): 3:18pm On Sep 17, 2011
^^^
Good question. Obasanjo's motive was purely self serving. He probably reasoned he was on BH hit list.
Re: Boko Haram Family Demands N100M Compensation in Talks with OBJ by edicolove: 3:31pm On Sep 17, 2011
Orblonde:

The connection between public office holders/corruption and Boko haram pacification is that the motive of a corrupt official is not based on patriotism and so he will not be interested in dealing with the real issues, i.e. creating jobs etc. He would rather want to keep a lid on things so as to ensure the statuesque for stealing remains

Wow! I didnt know we had psychics who can read peoples minds here in NL. Please what will i eat for breakfast tomorrow? Go on, tell me.
Re: Boko Haram Family Demands N100M Compensation in Talks with OBJ by ocelot2006(m): 4:08pm On Sep 17, 2011
N100M ? THUNDER FIRE THEM angry angry angry angry angry !!!! Why do we have t negotiate with them when their breadwinner was responsible for the death of scores of innocent men, women, and children? Is the FG this daft angry angry angry?!!
Re: Boko Haram Family Demands N100M Compensation in Talks with OBJ by Kc3000: 4:28pm On Sep 17, 2011
Don't give them a dime!
Re: Boko Haram Family Demands N100M Compensation in Talks with OBJ by phreakabit(m): 4:53pm On Sep 17, 2011
Oh Boy whyere is Alj Hareem and Betathings Let us go and form NL-HARAM kia kia. I need some of that National Cake too.
Re: Boko Haram Family Demands N100M Compensation in Talks with OBJ by BigB11(m): 5:17pm On Sep 17, 2011
Don't give them a dime!

It's too late.
OBJ's begging visit has confirmed an obligation to pay this terrorist group.

1. They will ask for more money with time.
2. They will strike again.
3. They now have a different set of laws from other Nigerians.
4. They are now more powerful.

If I were the president, OBJ would have been arrested immediately.
Re: Boko Haram Family Demands N100M Compensation in Talks with OBJ by BigB11(m): 5:23pm On Sep 17, 2011
Wake up Nigerians!
How long are we willing to follow our unskilled, greedy, senseless leaders?

Don't forget that Nigeria belongs to all of us.
Re: Boko Haram Family Demands N100M Compensation in Talks with OBJ by gtnapes: 6:38pm On Sep 17, 2011
It's now occur 2 me dat most comments on this site,were made base on the title of such thread and not a proper view on content.We have always fond of tackling our leaders in every of their moves in this country.I am looking at this thread in both side. 1.We are talking about court ordered here, if FG have complied to court rule and the BH suggestion to resolve this issue out of court probably millions of life and property would have been safe by now.2. On BH, they have really over do and need to charge to court either by group/individual victim of the insane acts.For crying loud sake,the matter is still in the court why then have they allow themselves to be used by some of these evil politicians from the North or turn their self to terror against one big country, NIGERIA. been safe by now.2. On BH, they have really over do and need to charge to court either by group/individual victim of the insane acts.For crying loud sake,the matter is still in the court why then have they allow themselves to be used by some of these evil politicians from the North or turn their self to terror against one big country, NIGERIA.
Re: Boko Haram Family Demands N100M Compensation in Talks with OBJ by awuf2008: 8:17pm On Sep 17, 2011
N100 Million for what? and from Who?
Re: Boko Haram Family Demands N100M Compensation in Talks with OBJ by nnwniger: 10:40pm On Sep 18, 2011
There few lives are worth 100million but the thousands of lives they've taken suddenly from innocent families don't worth anything, you be the judge. Only the very stu pid knuckle headed Muslim will reason this way. God will surely continue to fight for every soul these monsters have taken.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Almost Lynched For Supporting Subsidy Removal In Bayelsa / GEJ Forwards Petroleum Industry Bill To NASS - Allison-Madueke / Igbuya Elected Speaker Delta State House Of Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.