Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,501 members, 7,816,192 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Murtala Muhammad Was A Loser That Took Delight In Killing Civilians During War - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Murtala Muhammad Was A Loser That Took Delight In Killing Civilians During War (16606 Views)

U.S Declassified Memo Accuses Murtala Muhammad Of Genocide / Murtala Muhammad's Face And Name Should Be Removed From Naira And Airport / Video: Nigerian Soldiers Killing Civilians In Jos-viewer Discretion Is Advised (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Murtala Muhammad Was A Loser That Took Delight In Killing Civilians During War by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 30, 2011
as expected , the usual suspects who were nowhere to be found when better people were condemning their gang rapist kinsmen are running their mouths on events before their birth.
Re: Murtala Muhammad Was A Loser That Took Delight In Killing Civilians During War by Dede1(m): 8:20pm On Sep 30, 2011
sandee575:

LOSER, ask your Ojukwu that moronic question. You are of the same stock.

WINNER, do not feign stupidity to a simple poser which you encouraged by uttering idiotic statement. I did not read Ojukwu’s post on this forum which foolishly insinuated Biafra did not embrace options.
Re: Murtala Muhammad Was A Loser That Took Delight In Killing Civilians During War by joeyfire(m): 8:53pm On Sep 30, 2011
Murtala was a failure. Truth is that only in nigeria can a lousy soldier, talentless buffoon become a celebrated statesman. This deranged bloodsucker wasted so many men trying to take onitsha from rag-tag soldiers that he became an s.I unit for military ineptitude. I guess he was better at killing civilians and playing ethnic arewa politics even though the beast was from present day edo state
Re: Murtala Muhammad Was A Loser That Took Delight In Killing Civilians During War by sandee575(f): 1:06am On Oct 01, 2011
Mallam can be stupid but i would rather tolerate stupidity rather than the ibo's treachery.
Re: Murtala Muhammad Was A Loser That Took Delight In Killing Civilians During War by sandee575(f): 1:13am On Oct 01, 2011
O
Re: Murtala Muhammad Was A Loser That Took Delight In Killing Civilians During War by Dede1(m): 12:19pm On Oct 01, 2011
^^^

Treacherous acts of Yoruba people are known traits in Nigeria. From introduction of carpet-crossing into Nigerian polity to saber-rattling in 1966 for moments and cowardly succumbed to drunken soldiers from northern region of Nigeria.

It did not come as a surprise to me when I read about a comment credited to hot-air-blowing leader of OPC begging Boko Haram and MEND not to blow up Abuja.

I despise both stupidity and treachery.
Re: Murtala Muhammad Was A Loser That Took Delight In Killing Civilians During War by seanet02: 12:33pm On Oct 01, 2011
Dede1:

^^^

[s]Treacherous acts of Yoruba people are known traits in Nigeria[/s]. From introduction of carpet-crossing into Nigerian polity to saber-rattling in 1966 for moments and cowardly succumbed to drunken soldiers from northern region of Nigeria.

It did not come as a surprise to me when I read about a comment credited to hot-air-blowing leader of OPC begging Boko Haram and MEND not to blow up Abuja.

I despise both stupidity and treachery.

Typical Ibo man, always calling people who look before they leap Traitors. We all know why you hate us so much
Next time you will not try to Invade another man's land. Buncha Kidnappers and Human eaters
Re: Murtala Muhammad Was A Loser That Took Delight In Killing Civilians During War by Dede1(m): 1:06pm On Oct 01, 2011
seanet02:

Typical Ibo man, always calling people who look before they leap Traitors. We all know why you hate us so much
Next time you will not try to Invade another man's land. Buncha Kidnappers and Human eaters

It is unfortunate you construe the need to uncover the truth as hatred. When did Nigeria become Yoruba land? Yet I kept hearing this nonsensical invasion of “another man's land” from bunch of nitwits on this forum. The civil war was between Nigeria and Biafra.

Nigeria attacked Biafra and the later returned the favor. If Yoruba are dreaming of war with Ndigbo, I urge them to wake up from the deep slumber and make it a reality rather than being delusional.

At least, the kidnappers and human eaters mean what they say and say what they mean, no flippancy.
Re: Murtala Muhammad Was A Loser That Took Delight In Killing Civilians During War by seanet02: 1:11pm On Oct 01, 2011
Dede1:

It is unfortunate you construe the need to uncover truth as hatred. When did Nigeria become Yoruba land? Yet I kept hearing this nonsensical invasion of “another man's land” from bunch of nitwits on this forum. The civil war was between Nigeria and Biafra.

Nigeria attacked Biafra and the later returned the favor. If Yoruba are dreaming of war with Ndigbo, I urge them to wake up from the deep slumber and make it a reality rather than being delusional.

At least, the kidnappers and human eaters mean what they and say what they mean, no flippancy.

[size=30pt]No wonder you are accusing Awolowo of Ethnic Cleansing or whatever rubbish you accuse him of.
That is the problem with you Ibosians, always contesting with your Senior Brothers in the West who Trash you to sht when you try Invading their Land under the Pretext of attacking Nigeria and Liberating People who are not under bondage when you do not have the capacity or ability to liberate yourself. No wonder Awolowo used his brain to tore you Human eaters to pieces.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Murtala Muhammad Was A Loser That Took Delight In Killing Civilians During War by Dede1(m): 1:42pm On Oct 01, 2011
seanet02:

[size=30pt]No wonder you are accusing Awolowo of Ethnic Cleansing or whatever rubbish you accuse him of.
That is the problem with you Ibosians, always contesting with your Senior Brothers in the West who Trash you to sht when you try Invading their Land under the Pretext of attacking Nigeria and Liberating People who are not under bondage when you do not have the capacity or ability to liberate yourself. No wonder Awolowo used his brain to tore you Human eaters to pieces.[/size]

I guess you are confused about what you read from me and other contributors. Awolowo did not know how to handle a den gun talk less of engaging in ethnic cleansing. Without Ndigbo, you could not have seen Awolowo in person. Stop this nonsensical and delusional invasion of land. Militarily, Yoruba is in the class of Boko Haram. Ndigbo have been in war of attrition which was against an enemy with numerical superiority. It will be a piece of cake going against Yoruba even with the support from Republic of Benin.  grin grin grin

Ndigbo will always bit.ch slap their Yoruba junior brothers in any circumstances, anytime and anywhere.
Re: Murtala Muhammad Was A Loser That Took Delight In Killing Civilians During War by seanet02: 3:43pm On Oct 01, 2011
Dede1:

I guess you are confused about what you read from me and other contributors. Awolowo did not know how to handle a den gun talk less of engaging in ethnic cleansing. Without Ndigbo, you could not have seen Awolowo in person. Stop this nonsensical and delusional invasion of land. Militarily, Yoruba is in the class of Boko Haram. Ndigbo have been in war of attrition which was against an enemy with numerical superiority. It will be a piece of cake going against Yoruba even with the support from Republic of Benin.  grin grin grin

[s]Ndigbo will always bit.ch slap their Yoruba junior brothers in any circumstances, anytime and anywhere.[/s]

Yes they did that Ore
Re: Murtala Muhammad Was A Loser That Took Delight In Killing Civilians During War by T8ksy(m): 3:58pm On Oct 01, 2011
Dede1:

Ndigbo will always bit.ch slap their Yoruba junior brothers in any circumstances, anytime and anywhere.

Words as they say, is cheap.

Whenever you guys feels ready, bring it on.

You can start with lagos which you guys have always claimed, is "No man's Land".
Re: Murtala Muhammad Was A Loser That Took Delight In Killing Civilians During War by Gayigaskia(m): 4:49pm On Oct 01, 2011
How many Igbos did Murtala killed before the Biafra War?
Re: Murtala Muhammad Was A Loser That Took Delight In Killing Civilians During War by ak47mann(m): 4:53pm On Oct 01, 2011
cheap talk
Re: Murtala Muhammad Was A Loser That Took Delight In Killing Civilians During War by seanet02: 5:08pm On Oct 01, 2011
ak47mann:

cheap talk
yeah ibos make noise too much
Re: Murtala Muhammad Was A Loser That Took Delight In Killing Civilians During War by Dede1(m): 5:16pm On Oct 01, 2011
T8ksy:

Words as they say, is cheap.

Whenever you guys feels ready, bring it on.

You can start with lagos which you guys have always claimed, is "No man's Land".

When did Yoruba muster intestinal fortitude to start dreaming about war with Ndigbo? Are these not the same Yoruba who told every willing ear that no son of Yoruba was in military uniform and were under military occupation by Gowon in 1966?

You loudmouths must realize that war does not resemble “owambe” by any stretch of imagination.
Re: Murtala Muhammad Was A Loser That Took Delight In Killing Civilians During War by seanet02: 5:18pm On Oct 01, 2011
Dede1:

When did Yoruba muster intestinal fortitude to start dreaming about war with Ndigbo? Are these not the same Yoruba who told every willing ear that no son of Yoruba was in military uniform and were under military occupation by Gowon in 1966?

[s]You loudmouths must realize that war does not resemble “owambe” by any stretch of imagination[/s].
The same Loudmouths that got you into Trouble at Ore!!!
Re: Murtala Muhammad Was A Loser That Took Delight In Killing Civilians During War by DRANOEL(m): 5:24pm On Oct 01, 2011
just because some one wakes up and decides MM commited genocide doesn't makeit true. I SUGGEST YOU RESEARCH MORE
Re: Murtala Muhammad Was A Loser That Took Delight In Killing Civilians During War by Dede1(m): 5:29pm On Oct 01, 2011
seanet02:

The same Loudmouths that got you into Trouble at Ore!!!

The last time I checked though, Ore was/is a town in Nigeria. It was a site of epic battle between Nigeria and Biafra. During the fracas, Yoruba did not have an army. Yoruba army was mercilessly trounced at Ilorin under Afonja by the Aboki from Sokoto. I know they ran their mouths then as they do today. grin grin grin
Re: Murtala Muhammad Was A Loser That Took Delight In Killing Civilians During War by oduasolja: 5:36pm On Oct 01, 2011
what of all the minorities that were killed by the igbos for being sabos ?? or the ijaws who were forced into biafra
Re: Murtala Muhammad Was A Loser That Took Delight In Killing Civilians During War by seanet02: 5:37pm On Oct 01, 2011
Dede1:

The last time I checked though, Ore was/is a town in Nigeria. It was a site of epic battle between Nigeria and Biafra. During the fracas, Yoruba did not have an army. Yoruba army was mercilessly trounced at Ilorin under Afonja by the Aboki from Sokoto. I know they ran their mouths then as they do today. grin grin grin
no womnder Ibos lost the war
Sugar coated Mouth
Re: Murtala Muhammad Was A Loser That Took Delight In Killing Civilians During War by oduasolja: 5:44pm On Oct 01, 2011
we yorubas will not start anything. let the igbos start. we will finish sha.
Re: Murtala Muhammad Was A Loser That Took Delight In Killing Civilians During War by johnie: 6:20pm On Oct 01, 2011
I wonder what IBB whose late wife, Maryam, was from Delta state will have so say about all this.
Re: Murtala Muhammad Was A Loser That Took Delight In Killing Civilians During War by ak47mann(m): 6:46pm On Oct 01, 2011
johnie:

I wonder what IBB whose late wife, Maryam, was from Delta state will have so say about all this.
that one na materialistic woman she change her religion and dump her husband for IBB, women always go for the greener pastures
Re: Murtala Muhammad Was A Loser That Took Delight In Killing Civilians During War by nduchucks: 6:57pm On Oct 01, 2011
The great Murtala Mohammed was one of the greatest commanders in the Nigerian Army during the civil war. Unlike the Biafran generals and their supreme commander, he never, at anytime, saw it fit to abandon his people and flee.

Revisionists, including their head honcho, Dede1, always try to deceive their readers with extreme lies and half truths. They are accusing Murtala Mohammed of the mastermind behind civilian killings in some parts of the Midwest, in a dishonest attempt to ruin the great soldier’s reputation. I am actually tired of opening the yansh of these revisists to expose them, but I will make an exception and set the record straight, once and for all.

To the credit of some brave biafran soldiers, many of whom died before the cowards left behind fled like chickens, substantial parts of the old Midwest were captured by biafran soldiers. The great Murtala, who was then a Colonel was charged with the duty of evicting the biafran traitors from the Midwest. Murtala literally built 2 Division from scratch.

Now, the biafran soldiers were as stubborn as a hungry goat that is determined to taste garri from a local garri trader setting. They pushed hard towards Lagos and when they were getting too close for comfort, the great Murtala used some ingenious and superior military tactics to drive the biafrans out of the Midwest in a blistering counter offensive which was so efficient that it earned Murtala the nick name “Monty of the Midwest” after Britain’s leading world war two commander: Field Marshal Bernard Montgomery. Murtala’s bravery and wins during the war were major factors which led to the defeat of biafran secessionists. Murtala is rightfully honoured on the N20 bill and in several other ways.

It is true that once the biafran forces in the Midwest had been overrun, some wayward members of 2 Division carried out a terrible killings of civilians as punishment for their sympathy for the biafrans. There is no evidence whatsoever that Murtala Mohammed had anything to do with these killings. Infact Murtala saw to the court marshalling of several perpetrators of the crime and those found guilty were summarily executed. Murtala himself was not even present in the area as he had gone to Lagos for consultation when these atrocities took place. Upon his return, Murtala personally saw to it that the mother of Major Nzeogwu was protected and not harmed.

Revisionists like Dede1 are on notice that their lies will be exposed promptly and they are well advised to stick to the truth.
Re: Murtala Muhammad Was A Loser That Took Delight In Killing Civilians During War by Dede1(m): 7:12pm On Oct 01, 2011
ndu_chucks:

The great Murtala Mohammed was one of the greatest commanders in the Nigerian Army during the civil war. Unlike the Biafran generals and their supreme commander, he never, at anytime, saw it fit to abandon his people and flee.

Revisionists, including their head honcho, Dede1, always try to deceive their readers with extreme lies and half truths. They are accusing Murtala Mohammed of the mastermind behind civilian killings in some parts of the Midwest, in a dishonest attempt to ruin the great soldier’s reputation. I am actually tired of opening the yansh of these revisists to expose them, but I will make an exception and set the record straight, once and for all.

To the credit of some brave biafran soldiers, many of whom died before the cowards left behind fled like chickens, substantial parts of the old Midwest were captured by biafran soldiers. The great Murtala, who was then a Colonel was charged with the duty of evicting the biafran traitors from the Midwest. Murtala literally built 2 Division from scratch.

Now, the biafran soldiers were as stubborn as a hungry goat that is determined to taste garri from a local garri trader setting. They pushed hard towards Lagos and when they were getting too close for comfort, the great Murtala used some ingenious and superior military tactics to drive the biafrans out of the Midwest in a blistering counter offensive which was so efficient that it earned Murtala the nick name “Monty of the Midwest” after Britain’s leading world war two commander: Field Marshal Bernard Montgomery. Murtala’s bravery and wins during the war were major factors which led to the defeat of biafran secessionists. Murtala is rightfully honoured on the N20 bill and in several other ways.

It is true that once the biafran forces in the Midwest had been overrun, some wayward members of 2 Division carried out a terrible killings of civilians as punishment for their sympathy for the biafrans. There is no evidence whatsoever that Murtala Mohammed had anything to do with these killings. Infact Murtala saw to the court marshalling of several perpetrators of the crime and those found guilty were summarily executed. Murtala himself was not even present in the area as he had gone to Lagos for consultation when these atrocities took place. Upon his return, Murtala personally saw to it that the mother of Major Nzeogwu was protected and not harmed.

Revisionists like Dede1 are on notice that their lies will be exposed promptly and they are well advised to stick to the truth.

Chuck, how body? What is the reason behind this unfunny joke about Murtala Mohammed? Before you contaminate young minds, I must remind you Murtala Mohammed was not Nigerian Army Headquarter and never had such authority to build a platoon talk less a company.

Murtala Mohammed was the highest ranked straggler in the annals of military history. He was a mere signal officer in Nigerian Armed offices. If Nigeria is a nation, Murtala Mohammed should not ascend beyond the rank of a major.
Re: Murtala Muhammad Was A Loser That Took Delight In Killing Civilians During War by nduchucks: 7:21pm On Oct 01, 2011
Dede1:

Chuck, how body? What is the reason behind this unfunny joke about Murtala Mohammed? Before you contaminate young minds, I must remind you Murtala Mohammed was not Nigerian Army Headquarter and never had such authority to build a platoon talk less a company.

Murtala Mohammed was the highest ranked straggler in the annals of military history. He was a mere signal officer in Nigerian Armed offices. If Nigeria is a nation, Murtala Mohammed should not ascend beyond the rank of a major.

If he was a mere signal officer, why are you all accusing him of the killings on Asaba.  I must say that I understand your anger, if not hatred for the man. Without Murtala Mohammed, I must admit,  secessionists may have achieved their objectives.

@Dede1, Odimma, how about you, how dody?
Re: Murtala Muhammad Was A Loser That Took Delight In Killing Civilians During War by seanet02: 7:27pm On Oct 01, 2011
[size=50pt]Muritala the Great Finisher of IBosians[/size]
Re: Murtala Muhammad Was A Loser That Took Delight In Killing Civilians During War by Dede1(m): 7:30pm On Oct 01, 2011
It is an absolute falsehood Mutala Mohammed saw to the court-marshal of the perpetrators. Both the brigade and battalion commanders whose elements were involved in the atrocity were not even queried.

During Murtala Mohammed’s cowardly retreat from Abagana debacle, he and follow stragglers murdered 300 church worshippers in Ogidi as they attempted to swim across the Niger as Biafran forces were on a hot pursuit.

@ndu_chucks, Odi kwa nma
Re: Murtala Muhammad Was A Loser That Took Delight In Killing Civilians During War by nduchucks: 7:36pm On Oct 01, 2011
Dede1:

During Murtala Mohammed’s cowardly retreat from Abagana debacle, he and follow stragglers murdered 300 church worshippers in Ogidi as they attempted to swim across the Niger as Biafran forces were on a hot pursuit.

This is another tale by the moonlight which you all believe if you tell enough times, people will  start to believe. Where did you get this information from? You of all people should know that it is unacceptable to makeup your own account of historical events. 

You claim that 300 chucrch worshippers were killed as they attempted to swim across the Niger, well another one of your colleagues statted: "At
Onitsha - the 300 strong congregation of the Apostolic Church decided to stay on while others fled and to pray for deliverance. Col. [Murtala] Mohammed's Second Division found them in the church, dragged them out, tied their hands behind their backs and executed them."

nwannem, why can't you all, at least agree on the details of the lies you tell so that it will be believable?
Re: Murtala Muhammad Was A Loser That Took Delight In Killing Civilians During War by seanet02: 7:36pm On Oct 01, 2011
Dede1:

It is an absolute falsehood Mutala Mohammed saw to the court-marshal of the perpetrators. Both the brigade and battalion commanders whose elements were involved in the atrocity were not even quarried.

@ndu_chucks, Odi kwa nma
Are they limestones?
Re: Murtala Muhammad Was A Loser That Took Delight In Killing Civilians During War by Dede1(m): 8:04pm On Oct 01, 2011
ndu_chucks:

This is another tale by the moonlight which you all believe if you tell enough times, people will  start to believe. Where did you get this information from? You of all people should know that it is unacceptable to makeup your own account of historical events. 

You claim that 300 chucrch worshippers were killed as they attempted to swim across the Niger, well another one of your colleagues statted: "At
Onitsha - the 300 strong congregation of the Apostolic Church decided to stay on while others fled and to pray for deliverance. Col. [Murtala] Mohammed's Second Division found them in the church, dragged them out, tied their hands behind their backs and executed them."

nwannem, why can't you all, at least agree on the details of the lies you tell so that it will be believable?

You mis-read my post. It was during Murtala Mohammed’s cowardly retreat from Abagana debacle, he and follow stragglers murdered 300 church worshippers in Ogidi or Onicha as they( Murtala Muhammed and group of stragglers with him) hurriedly attempted to swim across the Niger as Biafran forces were on a hot pursuit.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan Returns To Abuja From Medical Trip - SaharaReporters / Zulum: Change Your Tactics, Attack Boko Haram In Hideouts / Tinubu’s Victory: Legal Battle Begins Monday As Tribunal Hears Petitions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.