Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,498 members, 7,843,508 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Is it Normal To Feel Empty Inside Quite Often? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is it Normal To Feel Empty Inside Quite Often? (544 Views)

Do You Ever Feel Empty Inside? Share Your Experience / Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? / Swiss Lady Bullied For Being ‘Ugly’ Spends Big On Plastic Surgery To Feel Happy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is it Normal To Feel Empty Inside Quite Often? by Alearna: 7:25pm On Mar 22, 2023
This feeling of emptyness, void.
Is this depression?

How do I come out of this please?
cry cry

Re: Is it Normal To Feel Empty Inside Quite Often? by yrhuhfy113: 7:30pm On Mar 22, 2023
Alearna:
Is this depression?

I do come out of this please?
cry cry

I could say its normal BUT your case is unique.

look at all your posts on nairaland.... IT IS EITHER INCONCLUSIVE OR BASELESS.

The emptiness is in your soul, I think you need to find the QUESTION FIRST.... so you can begin looking for the right answer.

MONEY OR WOMAN will not solve it.

You simply need answers to questions you have not yet discovered within you.

I understand people feel empty BUT at least they have reasons, but yours is very unique because you don't know the exact reason why you feel empty and everything is loosing its meaning.

Maybe its because you are a medical student and school is stresssing you.... stay strong

2 Likes

Re: Is it Normal To Feel Empty Inside Quite Often? by Wealthyonos(m): 7:54pm On Mar 22, 2023
Fulfilment will only come when you have truly achieved your dreams. Feeling empty is a sign that you haven't gotten there, financially and otherwise. What are your dreams in life?

1 Like

Re: Is it Normal To Feel Empty Inside Quite Often? by Alearna: 8:10pm On Mar 22, 2023
yrhuhfy113:

I could say its normal BUT your case is unique.

look at all your posts on nairaland.... IT IS EITHER INCONCLUSIVE OR BASELESS.

The emptiness is in your soul, I think you need to find the QUESTION FIRST.... so you can begin looking for the right answer.

MONEY OR WOMAN will not solve it.

You simply need answers to questions you have not yet discovered within you.

I understand people feel empty BUT at least they have reasons, but yours is very unique because you don't know the exact reason why you feel empty and everything is loosing its meaning.

Maybe its because you are a medical student and school is stresssing you.... stay strong
God!!!!! cry

Thanks for your input.
I really need help.
God please help me.

But is this depression?
Re: Is it Normal To Feel Empty Inside Quite Often? by Alearna: 8:17pm On Mar 22, 2023
Wealthyonos:
Fulfilment will only come when you have truly achieved your dreams. Feeling empty is a sign that you haven't gotten there, financially and otherwise. What are your dreams in life?
I want to be a Surgeon in the US.
Have a beautiful house with a garden and nice landscape.
Millionaire in $$$, help my family to stand tall.
A beautiful wife in the real sense of it, someone who will love me more than herself.

cry
Re: Is it Normal To Feel Empty Inside Quite Often? by Sixfeetbelle: 8:28pm On Mar 22, 2023
Alearna:

A beautiful wife in the real sense of it, someone who will love me more than herself.
cry

Yeah, but no.

Let's get back down to reality, okay?

I'm not saying you can't achieve all these you wrote up there, but life works better when we take it one step at a time. Your life-long dream has no immediate basis to stand on and thus is likely to give you moments of doubts that can become something else if not checked.

To avert this, we refocus our energy.

Now, look deep into yourself and think of what you want to do. Most especially something that you've always wanted to do but couldn't because your life-long dream held more importance. Whatever that little, inconsequential thing is, do it now.

If your mind and mental capabilities are busy and engaged, you won't feel so bleak anymore
Re: Is it Normal To Feel Empty Inside Quite Often? by Alearna: 8:39pm On Mar 22, 2023
Sixfeetbelle:

Yeah, but no.

Let's get back down to reality, okay?

I'm not saying you can't achieve all these you wrote up there, but life works better when we take it one step at a time. Your life-long dream has no immediate basis to stand on and thus is likely to give you moments of doubts that can become something else if not checked.

To avert this, we refocus our energy.

Now, look deep into yourself and think of what you want to do. Most especially something that you've always wanted to do but couldn't because your life-long dream held more importance. Whatever that little, inconsequential thing is, do it now.

If your mind and mental capabilities are busy and engaged, you won't feel so bleak anymore

Ehhh Ehhh.

Thanks, I appreciate your comment.
Taking it a step at a time, I will try to work on this.

It just feel like no one cares about me in this life, like I am alone. (My family do love me really,but I have not been home for like 6 months now, home is where I feel loved in this world.)

No one is asking if I'm okay or not. Just pushing myself. For how long will I stay strong?

I'm also too ambitious, hehehe, too ambitious.

I don't even know if I'm making sense.

Ehhh God!!!! cry
Re: Is it Normal To Feel Empty Inside Quite Often? by yrhuhfy113: 9:08pm On Mar 22, 2023
Alearna:

God!!!!! cry

Thanks for your input.
I really need help.
God please help me.

But is this depression?

not depression, I believe you are WAKING UP out of the matrix, waking up to reality and how you handle it is what matters.
Re: Is it Normal To Feel Empty Inside Quite Often? by Alearna: 9:20pm On Mar 22, 2023
yrhuhfy113:

not depression, I believe you are WAKING UP out of the matrix, waking up to reality and how you handle it is what matters.
Alright, Thank you.
Re: Is it Normal To Feel Empty Inside Quite Often? by shaybebaby(f): 9:35pm On Mar 22, 2023
Alearna:
Is this depression?

How do I come out of this please?
cry cry
Let's take it one step at a time.

Look around and take stock of everything that you DO have. Health? A bed to sleep in? A feeling of safety? Food in your belly? Take time to notice the little things, small they might seem but really think about the effort it takes to have those things, if you can't picture this, think about the absence of things..that should help focus your mind on just how much you have going for you even if they seem small. Allow yourself to feel gratitude for those things, why? Happiness often comes from appreciating the things we have, rather than waiting for the things we want before we allow ourselves to feel that emotion.

Next, if you can feel gratitude and happiness in the moment, it means that what you long for cannot add or detract from it, it is separate from how you feel inside. Two distinct things.

So hold on to the feeling of happiness, knowing that it is not dependent on anything external to you but simply a function of what you allow yourself to feel. Take that knowledge and tackle your dreams, they are just that. You achieve them? Great! Now you have your dreams and happiness. You don't? You still have your happiness because it is not continent upon achieving any particular thing. It is a choice, a conscious one you have chosen, as you make your journey through life l.

1 Like

Re: Is it Normal To Feel Empty Inside Quite Often? by Alearna: 5:35am On Mar 23, 2023
shaybebaby:

Let's take it one step at a time.

Look around and take stock of everything that you DO have. Health? A bed to sleep in? A feeling of safety? Food in your belly? Take time to notice the little things, small they might seem but really think about the effort it takes to have those things, if you can't picture this, think about the absence of things..that should help focus your mind on just how much you have going for you even if they seem small. Allow yourself to feel gratitude for those things, why? Happiness often comes from appreciating the things we have, rather than waiting for the things we want before we allow ourselves to feel that emotion.

Next, if you can feel gratitude and happiness in the moment, it means that what you long for cannot add or detract from it, it is separate from how you feel inside. Two distinct things.

So hold on to the feeling of happiness, knowing that it is not dependent on anything external to you but simply a function of what you allow yourself to feel. Take that knowledge and tackle your dreams, they are just that. You achieve them? Great! Now you have your dreams and happiness. You don't? You still have your happiness because it is not continent upon achieving any particular thing. It is a choice, a conscious one you have chosen, as you make your journey through life l.
Thank you so much.
Re: Is it Normal To Feel Empty Inside Quite Often? by Wealthyonos(m): 1:41pm On Mar 23, 2023
Alearna:

cry

Nice dreams. These dreams are really enough to make you feel empty if your present state and your dreams don't have any resemblance.
It's never too late to become what you would have been.

1 Like

Re: Is it Normal To Feel Empty Inside Quite Often? by Alearna: 2:19pm On Mar 23, 2023
Wealthyonos:

Nice dreams. These dreams are really enough to make you feel empty if your present state and your dreams don't have any resemblance.
It's never too late to become what you would have been.
Thank you man. I appreciate.
Re: Is it Normal To Feel Empty Inside Quite Often? by Kiddogarcia(m): 2:45pm On Mar 23, 2023
To live is to pains, that's all I know.

Na we be your best plug for everything Sexual enhancement tho

(1) (Reply)

You don't do this [ pics] / What's That Insult You'll Never Forget In Your Life / Sex Machine Needs Fuckingmate In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.