Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,386 members, 7,853,725 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:39 PM

INEC Result Analysis Based On Samples From IREV - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Result Analysis Based On Samples From IREV (46743 Views)

Some Funny INEC Result Sheets / Civichive Did Collation Of Nasarawa Governorship Election Results From IREV. / Ondo 2020 Governorship Election Results (INEC Result Viewing Portal) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Result Analysis Based On Samples From IREV by HIPROFILE(m): 9:47pm On Mar 24, 2023
Beremx:
Peter Obi isn't challenging the results. He is challenging the process that made Tinubu president elect.

That's a smart move.

Peter Obi is a thinking Man!

1 Like

Re: INEC Result Analysis Based On Samples From IREV by favor914: 9:49pm On Mar 24, 2023
HIPROFILE:

Peter Obi is a thinking Man!
Deceiving Himself as usual, the same way he deceived himself with his pre election victory.

TInubu has gone to Paris & London to cool off, the clown is dancing around courtrooms in Abuja?

He should be ashamed of himself for even deceiving himself on believing becoming President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: INEC Result Analysis Based On Samples From IREV by luluosas(m): 9:54pm On Mar 24, 2023
Have you laid your hands on the hard copy results sheet that INEC based their SELECTION ON? Just a friendly question please. I come in PEACE. Thank you.

Obinoscopy:
As a statistician, I've always believed in the powers of deductive inference based on sampling.

INEC has uploaded over 94% of the Presidential Results on the IREV Portal. Now there are people who believe that the result announced by INEC is significantly different from the result uploaded on IREV. I decided to randomly select result sheets from IREV and collate. The sample size was 314 result sheets. That sample size was gotten from an online sample size calculator. Click on this link to see my research protocol: https://www.nairaland.com/7614305/statistical-analysis-inec-result-irev

The result is very interesting.

RESULT
So after collating the result sheets from randomly selected 314 polling units, APC got a total of 15394 votes. LP got 10430 votes. NNPP got 2613 votes. And PDP got 11533 votes. So APC got the majority of votes followed by the PDP, then LP and finally NNPP.

This means INEC declaration is in tune with what's uploaded on IREV. However I noticed that the result for Rivers State is very strange. My collated result shows LP has more than 4 times the votes gotten by either APC or PDP.

So in conclusion, the IREV result is almost exactly what INEC declared. The only discrepancy is that of Rivers State. I might have to inspect that of Rivers State even further in my next analysis. But despite the Rivers State discrepancy, APC won fair and square based on the results on IREV Portal. I say this with 95% confidence.

Whether the results from IREV is authentic or not is a matter for another discuss. My focus was just to use the results I saw on the IREV Portal.
Re: INEC Result Analysis Based On Samples From IREV by Aquila99: 9:56pm On Mar 24, 2023
Quest7777:

Good you acknowledged this.

Fact that results were not immediately uploaded from Political Units after completion of voting process contrary to INEC Electoral guidelines, made the entire process subject to all manner of manipulations & rigging.

The results are same as d ones declared at the PU. Though dey might have arrived late on IREV. According to INEC. Is stored in dia cloud. Is like wen u post a picture without data, but wen u on data it appears. The result of my PU appeared 5 days after on IREV. Nothing changed. Exactly wat we voted.
Re: INEC Result Analysis Based On Samples From IREV by AdoOloro(m): 9:59pm On Mar 24, 2023
Obinoscopy:
As a statistician, I've always believed in the powers of deductive inference based on sampling.

INEC has uploaded over 94% of the Presidential Results on the IREV Portal. Now there are people who believe that the result announced by INEC is significantly different from the result uploaded on IREV. I decided to randomly select result sheets from IREV and collate. The sample size was 314 result sheets. That sample size was gotten from an online sample size calculator. Click on this link to see my research protocol: https://www.nairaland.com/7614305/statistical-analysis-inec-result-irev

RESULT
So after collating the result sheets from randomly selected 314 polling units, APC got a total of 15394 votes. LP got 10430 votes. NNPP got 2613 votes. And PDP got 11533 votes. So APC got the majority of votes followed by the PDP, then LP and finally NNPP.

This means INEC declaration is in tune with what's uploaded on IREV. However I noticed that the result for Rivers State is very strange. My collated result shows LP has more than 4 times the votes gotten by either APC or PDP.

So in conclusion, the IREV result is almost exactly what INEC declared. The only discrepancy is that of Rivers State. I might have to inspect that of Rivers State even further in my next analysis. But despite the Rivers State discrepancy, APC won fair and square based on the results on IREV Portal. I say this with 95% confidence.

Whether the results from IREV is authentic or not is a matter for another discuss. My focus was just to use the results I saw on the IREV Portal.
You could still be wrong sir. Mere 314 polling stations is inadequate to draw conclusions. What if you chose results from places where the APC had the highest votes and the LP the lowest. Example, the middle belt. Your entire 314, though you selected them randomly, could come from that region. Now imagine that you picked like 70% of that 314 from Lagos and plateau states unknowingly, your conclusions wouldn't be same as you claim now.( Lagos and plateau states being states where the LP which came third in the announcement had crazily high votes)
Even if you decided to pick evenly randomly from each state, your result wouldn't be adequate to draw your kind of conclusion. As you could still have made a one-sided selection.
In a nutshell, my point is, you need all the results of all the polling stations to be able to draw a conclusion.
Re: INEC Result Analysis Based On Samples From IREV by ZombieSlayer1: 10:02pm On Mar 24, 2023
reddingtonblack:

OGA naa lie, even if Jesus come down and run Nigeria election losers will still call jesus names

There is something called "bad losers" ... these are people who can never accept they lost no matter the evidence

since I979 .. nigerian politicians alway go to court after every election
Be honest to yourself, would you qualify this election as free and fair?
Re: INEC Result Analysis Based On Samples From IREV by Ajehkpako4naija(f): 10:10pm On Mar 24, 2023
Obinoscopy:

RESULT

to hell with your analysis
Re: INEC Result Analysis Based On Samples From IREV by Bimpe29: 10:13pm On Mar 24, 2023
Your conclusion is valid, apparent for the blind and audible for the deaf but I no gree na him dey make inferior animal easy prey for the Lion.
Re: INEC Result Analysis Based On Samples From IREV by GhostMan15: 10:17pm On Mar 24, 2023
Rightfully his, Nigeria na him papa property??
ZombieSlayer1:

I hope someday when someone steals what's rightfully yours, you'll echo this same bullshit
Re: INEC Result Analysis Based On Samples From IREV by YoungBlackRico(m): 10:17pm On Mar 24, 2023
Domipraiz:
Op ur sample shows were u belong
Don't you no ur sample will favour one candidate than the others? Because number of accredited people in polling units differs so one party might have large number in one polling unit u picked than the others.
The total vote across the nation can only do justice to this not picking samples.
I will advice u chill and wait for the outcome of the court.

I strongly believe the STOLEN mandate will surely be returned.
Lol, una no just get sense. That's a supermod, igbo by tribe.
Re: INEC Result Analysis Based On Samples From IREV by YoungBlackRico(m): 10:19pm On Mar 24, 2023
Aquila99:

The results are same as d ones declared at the PU. Though dey might have arrived late on IREV. According to INEC. Is stored in dia cloud. Is like wen u post a picture without data, but wen u on data it appears. The result of my PU appeared 5 days after on IREV. Nothing changed. Exactly wat we voted.
I've not seen anyone come out to say what's on IREV is different from what they had from their PU. So, where the 'rigging' come from?
Re: INEC Result Analysis Based On Samples From IREV by gawu1: 10:26pm On Mar 24, 2023
Obinoscopy:
I picked my sample from ALL the States.
Do you think you can convince those Lunatics party supporters to accept their defeat in good fate?
Even when they employed their own INEC chairman to recompile the transmitted results in the irev, they ended up accusing him of being bias just because the outcome was not going in their favor. They have to immediately ask him to stop, but also accused him of being El Rufa'i friend and working for him.
Knowing very well that they have no evidence to build their case on, they have started cyber bullying the judiciary in anticipation of the impending unfavorable judgement that will be handed to them very soon.
So, no matter what, attempting to defence your analysis will never appeale to them.
Re: INEC Result Analysis Based On Samples From IREV by tplayer: 10:38pm On Mar 24, 2023
Obinoscopy:

RESULT

Hello, well done. I love that you love statistics. Our disregard for it is one reason this nation is not progressing fast. But I have one few question:

How exactly did you arrive at such a very small sample size? I think the statistical power is too low to make your result reliable. You are exposing yourself to too much beta here.

Otherwise, I like your sampling method.
Re: INEC Result Analysis Based On Samples From IREV by GboyegaD(m): 10:42pm On Mar 24, 2023
Obinoscopy:

RESULT

Your analysis is very warped. You have less than 1% of the total number of polling units, nothing is said about how you sampled your polling units, and here you are making inferences that generalizes. This is not right in any way for a Statistician and I am very sure you know this.
Re: INEC Result Analysis Based On Samples From IREV by ebenholer2(m): 10:42pm On Mar 24, 2023
BIGOTS ARE EGOCENTRIC AND THEY WILL NEVER ACCEPT THE TRUTH NO MATTER WHAT
Re: INEC Result Analysis Based On Samples From IREV by ZombieSlayer1: 10:43pm On Mar 24, 2023
GhostMan15:
Rightfully his, Nigeria na him papa property??
I wish you said this same thing to the man who said "emi Lokan"
Re: INEC Result Analysis Based On Samples From IREV by reddingtonblack: 10:46pm On Mar 24, 2023
ZombieSlayer1:

Be honest to yourself, would you qualify this election as free and fair?

Which election as ever being remarked as Free and fair election in Nigeria

Despite the credibility of America electoral process did Donald trump accept

no election can ever be credible & fair where there are bad losers, lets not fool ourselves
Re: INEC Result Analysis Based On Samples From IREV by jubrilELsudan: 10:59pm On Mar 24, 2023
INDEED YOU ARE VERY DAFT

2 Likes

Re: INEC Result Analysis Based On Samples From IREV by oyatz(m): 11:12pm On Mar 24, 2023
DaddyFreeze2020:

You picked your sample from one or two geopolitical zones where some parties have the strongest support base.

Next time, pick 10 samples from different wards of different LGAs across each state of all the geo-political zones in Nigeria.

For now, your research is biased and intended to suit the researchers narrative.

Do you know the meaning of randomly selected?

1 Like

Re: INEC Result Analysis Based On Samples From IREV by GboyegaD(m): 11:17pm On Mar 24, 2023
oyatz:

Do you know the meaning of randomly selected?

How does less than 1% represents a population? The interesting thing is that our population is very diverse thus, to come up with a true value, you need to select a much more larger number of samples.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Result Analysis Based On Samples From IREV by Inosky: 11:22pm On Mar 24, 2023
Obinoscopy:

RESULT

There are over 176,000 polling units, and you didn't pick up to a thousand of it, only picked 314, my dear, the validity of your result or conclusion is unacceptable and questionable.

You need at least 50% of the polling units' results selected randomly in all the states before making any claims.
If not, die your false claims.

1 Like

Re: INEC Result Analysis Based On Samples From IREV by oyatz(m): 11:31pm On Mar 24, 2023
Domipraiz:
Op ur sample shows were u belong
Don't you no ur sample will favour one candidate than the others? Because number of accredited people in polling units differs so one party might have large number in one polling unit u picked than the others.
The total vote across the nation can only do justice to this not picking samples.
I will advice u chill and wait for the outcome of the court.

I strongly believe the STOLEN mandate will surely be returned.
The purpose of randomness is to nullify such differences.
Re: INEC Result Analysis Based On Samples From IREV by Poanan: 12:05am On Mar 25, 2023
Obinoscopy:

RESULT

Obinoscopy, i know u went to Unilag and u did project in final year. What i am not sure of is the type of project u did If it is qualitative or quantitative. Using a sample of 341 out of over 170k is not a good sample at all and not representative. This is a very sensitive matter and sample cannot be used to make an opinion. Ask the auditors sometimes they do 100% depending on the materiality of the item.
Re: INEC Result Analysis Based On Samples From IREV by Poanan: 12:06am On Mar 25, 2023
oyatz:

The purpose of randomness is to nullify such differences.
How can you come to a conclusion with less than one percent?
Re: INEC Result Analysis Based On Samples From IREV by Wande22(m): 1:48am On Mar 25, 2023
Tee2027:
Pls can kindly stop disturbing this forum and our peace with your stupid IREV bullshit?

We sane Nigerians have moved on, we have more to do in our lives than IREV this IREV that shit, life is not stagnant we have move so if you want to remain in old page and die their bro your choice though, but pls stop disturbing us here. Tinubu is the next president come May 2023 and nothing I mean nothing 1 million obi and his slowpoke followers can do about it.

Everyone of you should go and focus on your lives, Tinubu, Obi, Atiku has lived a fulfilled life with billions sleeping in their bank account, go and hussle stop bothering your heads for nothing......

Go and hustle you lazy a s s holes go and hussle. "Failure always have excuses". Go and hustle and stop using election as excuse for your failed destiny.

God bless you brother

Abeg manage am for breakfast sir

Re: INEC Result Analysis Based On Samples From IREV by HIPROFILE(m): 2:20am On Mar 25, 2023
favor914:
Deceiving Himself as usual, the same way he deceived himself with his pre election victory.

TInubu has gone to Paris & London to cool off, the clown is dancing around courtrooms in Abuja?

He should be ashamed of himself for even deceiving himself on believing becoming President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

I once behaved, thought and even underestimated Peter Obi just like you are doing now during his judicial outing in Anambra state. Considering the circumstances then one could easily think or say Peter was crazy and was only chasing shadows but bro at the end it baffled everyone. Ngige is yet to congratulate or say anything concerning the victory accorded to Tinubu by INEC that is a man that saw and felt direct hit of the Peter effect. Never underestimate a smart and intelligent fellow! don't you do that bro.

That man plays the white man kind of politics not this archaic, evil, barbaric and animal jungle politics this old iddiots play and call themselves politicians.

Not every politician will do what Obi just did to foresee his chances and potentials in youths aligning with their thoughts and spearheading a wavy political movement within such short space of time bro it took Buhari ACN, CPC, ANPP and part of APGA and all of Tinubu to frustrate Jonathan to accept defeat thereby clinging the Presidency.

Myself could not have thought that Obi would achieve this feat in this general election Man had not become the president yet many narratives in our political system is already changing and certain corrupt institutions already shaking to their roots.
Re: INEC Result Analysis Based On Samples From IREV by gare(f): 2:30am On Mar 25, 2023
Obinoscopy:

RESULT

What's all this analysis for? Case is already in court, why don't you take this analysis to court and explain for now all is rubbish to me, after rigging you're coming to analyze.
Re: INEC Result Analysis Based On Samples From IREV by HIPROFILE(m): 2:32am On Mar 25, 2023
favor914:

Are you ashamed of yourself for certain dreams and aspirations of yours which hadn't come through?
Peter Obis win or not win would not make him less wealthy. Its good to dream dreams its good to aspire and its best to make moves and attempts. Most inventions were ideas deemed crazy and laughable but today helping mankind achieve their purpose. Bro don't hate who you should learn from.
Re: INEC Result Analysis Based On Samples From IREV by Herbiodun09: 5:07am On Mar 25, 2023
Datti told Seun on channelstv they polled around 8million plus according to their own computations grin
Re: INEC Result Analysis Based On Samples From IREV by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:25am On Mar 25, 2023
omonnakoda:

And if not based on the process what would challenge be on?
The proposition is that he is not challenging the result that is false he is?
So the linguistic gymnastics is puerile and unnecessary
There is nothing "smart" or new or different in what he is doing compared to Atiku or other challenges in the past
He was not declared winner and he is asking to be so declared
Like Atiku,like Buhari in 2011 and 2007
Nothing different
What was the Osun state challenge about?
ALL ELECTION PETITIONS ARE ABOUT THE PROCESS

ALL
Don't mind those people, they keep trying hard to show that Obi is brilliant and has an ace up his sleeve. Yet Obi couldn’t see his destined defeat at the polls which I saw many many many months back.
Re: INEC Result Analysis Based On Samples From IREV by Leon90(m): 5:51am On Mar 25, 2023
From your analysis, it is quite clear that you do not understand the fraud that happened. The results on IREV portal are those already manipulated before uploading. You should have also checked the scanned result sheets from the polling units you sample and see the magic APC performed.
Obinoscopy:

RESULT

Re: INEC Result Analysis Based On Samples From IREV by Deepthoughts: 5:54am On Mar 25, 2023
Obinoscopy:

RESULT

The results loaded onto the IREV by INEC are dubious n unreliable,they are the written data from the altered n manipulated result sheets from the last presidential election,if you get to see the physical paper copies of some of those results from where the data uploaded onto the IREV was taken you would she'd tears due to how defaced by alteration n cancellations,no sane person in a sane clime would have accepted such as a valid document, I'm sure LP/obi's legal teams made photocopies of them as part of their INEC documents inspectors, Nigerians are going to be shocked,your so call statistical inference is made based on dubious data n therefore baseless, valueless n misleading, going forward parties should always insist on INEC pasting the polling units results of elections at the polling units immediately after the polls before forwarding the results to the collation centres to guard against alterations, falsification n manipulations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan's Ex-Security Aide Who Was Assassinated (Photo) / IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu And Others Trend On Twitter As Nigerians Express Concerns. / All Information Coming Has Been Good For PDP, Be At Alert – Davido To Voters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.