Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,278 members, 7,826,080 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Kidnappers Of 6 INEC Ad-hoc Staff In Kogi Demand ₦50M Ransom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kidnappers Of 6 INEC Ad-hoc Staff In Kogi Demand ₦50M Ransom (13422 Views)

Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West / Nigerians Angry Over The Treatment Of Corpers As INEC Ad-hoc Staff (videos, Pix) / INEC Ad-hoc Staff, Corpers Sleeping Outside Its Premises (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kidnappers Of 6 INEC Ad-hoc Staff In Kogi Demand ₦50M Ransom by OLEADTIPS: 7:01am On Mar 28, 2023
The kidnappers who abducted six ad-hoc Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) officials, in Kogi State have demanded N50 million before they would release their kidnap victims.

The victims were said to be returning from Kupa North and South under Lokoja Local Government Area in Kogi State before they were attacked by armed hoodlums.

However, the Police Public Relations Officer, (PPRO) in Kogi State SP William Ovye Aya in a statement issued to journalists concerning the incident said 96 persons were rescued by the Police, three were injured and two victims were yet to be accounted for.

Addressing a press conference on Monday on behalf of the kidnapped family victims in Lokoja, an Assistant Presiding Officer II, (APO II) in the March 18th Kogi House of Assembly election identified as Babalola Oluwatobi Peter said his sister was part of those who are still held in captivity.

Peter, who is a brother to one of the victims, faulted the claim from the Nigeria Police Force that all the kidnapped victims have been rescued.

He mentioned those still in the hands of the kidnappers as Muhammed Maimunat, and Abdulrahman Raji, who are two serving Corps members.

INEC Ad-Hoc staff who are still in captivity according to Peter are Oyaniran Atinuke Ruth, Florence Shayo Ajayi, Opara Tina and Blessing.

Explaining how the ugly incident occurred on that day, Peter said “We were coming from Kupa North and South for the Kogi State House of Assembly election. I worked in the North, so we left the North some minutes past six and we got to the South at 8:03 PM which we were asked to move to Lokoja by our SPOs. I told them personally that we are not going, that they should allow us to sleep, and that by 4 am the next day, we should pick up and go just like the way we did during the Presidential election.

“But the SPO South said he wants to move. As an APO two, I cannot just tell them that no. All other Corp members told them to let us sleep over but they insisted no. But when they insisted, we had no option but to move. When we got to Obajana, the armed robbers attacked us. We have six vehicles, and our cars happen to be the second one.

“The first vehicle was able to move away, while the second vehicle mistakenly hit the culvert and could not move again. But before we could know what was happening, the third vehicle hit us in the back. We have three Police Officers, only one was armed. When the armed robber attacked us, the armed Police officer instructed us to pull off our white and run for our dear life. After everyone was running for their life, I discovered that I didn’t see my sister Oyaniran Atinuke Ruth.

“The incident happened between 1 am-2 am. Those people that were kidnapped were directly from our bus. We told the security agency including INEC that we are still looking for six people including my sister. They said we should not worry that we would find them. Up till now, nothing has been done. I was shocked when I read in some newspapers that the kidnapped victims have been rescued. Nothing of such. They contacted us recently, demanding for N50Million.

“The kidnappers keep calling us with different numbers. You cannot call them, but they can only call you. They even told us to send them a recharge card which we did just because we don’t want them to hurt my sister and every other victim in their custody.

He, however, called on the Government and security to work towards the release of the abducted victims.

The husband of one of the kidnapped victims Olawafemi Olakanmi said he last spoke to his wife (Florence Shayo Ajayi) around midnight before the incident occurred. “I have not slept since my wife was kidnapped on 19th March 2023. I only call on God to set my wife free” he stated.

All efforts to speak with the Police Public Relations Officer, (PPRO) in Kogi State SP William Ovye Aya proved abortive as at the time of filing this report on Monday. He failed to pick up calls or respond to text messages sent to his phone lines.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/kidnappers-demand-n50m-ransom-family-of-abducted-inec-ad-hoc-staff-in-kogi-says/

3 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Of 6 INEC Ad-hoc Staff In Kogi Demand ₦50M Ransom by dedonfranco(m): 7:04am On Mar 28, 2023
There was never election in Nigeria.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kidnappers Of 6 INEC Ad-hoc Staff In Kogi Demand ₦50M Ransom by Jennymine(f): 7:06am On Mar 28, 2023
Like seriously 🤐

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kidnappers Of 6 INEC Ad-hoc Staff In Kogi Demand ₦50M Ransom by Onamia: 7:13am On Mar 28, 2023
Shame of election in a modern life

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kidnappers Of 6 INEC Ad-hoc Staff In Kogi Demand ₦50M Ransom by Dafresh: 7:15am On Mar 28, 2023
The money is too small they would have demanded 300 million because INEC made billions from rigging election

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kidnappers Of 6 INEC Ad-hoc Staff In Kogi Demand ₦50M Ransom by FairlyUSEDpussy: 7:28am On Mar 28, 2023
Atiku don lose nah.......e men don resume Sharp sharp........

Very soon now........Dem peter obi family (ipob) sef go join too........

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kidnappers Of 6 INEC Ad-hoc Staff In Kogi Demand ₦50M Ransom by Mrvictorwrite(m): 8:39am On Mar 28, 2023
I guess that the person behind his kidnap should be his very close friend, he must have told few of his friends that he made a lot of money from the stupid election.

4 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Of 6 INEC Ad-hoc Staff In Kogi Demand ₦50M Ransom by ubest1(m): 10:14am On Mar 28, 2023
Let them pay kidnapper kidnapping electoral thief

5 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Of 6 INEC Ad-hoc Staff In Kogi Demand ₦50M Ransom by tungamaje: 11:19am On Mar 28, 2023
And we are encouraging diaspora Nigerians and Africans to return home to the biggest black nation. We are finished. I just read in the news that Rita Marley wife of the legendary Bob Marley has relocated to Aburi in Ghana. If in Nigeria, I guess she might have been kidnapped for 200 million

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kidnappers Of 6 INEC Ad-hoc Staff In Kogi Demand ₦50M Ransom by mytime24(f): 2:49pm On Mar 28, 2023
Jokers

Where them woy see that kind raw cash

3 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Of 6 INEC Ad-hoc Staff In Kogi Demand ₦50M Ransom by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 28, 2023
Lol, this kidnapper is not greedy. 150m dollars minus 50m naira is like buying satchet water to Mr. Yakubu grin grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Of 6 INEC Ad-hoc Staff In Kogi Demand ₦50M Ransom by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:49pm On Mar 28, 2023
When they heard banks have now started releasing enough cash to their customers. They waited till Emefiele put cashless policy on hold.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kidnappers Of 6 INEC Ad-hoc Staff In Kogi Demand ₦50M Ransom by HEBEI: 2:49pm On Mar 28, 2023
This is why we need cashless policies.

The next phase of kidnapping in this country will not be funny.

You will soon understand that those that took Emefiele and FG to court are the best beneficiaries of high profile kidnapping and banditry in this country.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kidnappers Of 6 INEC Ad-hoc Staff In Kogi Demand ₦50M Ransom by Godsfrezx: 2:49pm On Mar 28, 2023
Apc is evil

Peter obi like
Tinubu share

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kidnappers Of 6 INEC Ad-hoc Staff In Kogi Demand ₦50M Ransom by coldzobo: 2:49pm On Mar 28, 2023
Smh
Old notes are back. They have started again

6 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Of 6 INEC Ad-hoc Staff In Kogi Demand ₦50M Ransom by Pojomojo: 2:50pm On Mar 28, 2023
E don set
Re: Kidnappers Of 6 INEC Ad-hoc Staff In Kogi Demand ₦50M Ransom by Johnson225(m): 2:50pm On Mar 28, 2023
smiley
Re: Kidnappers Of 6 INEC Ad-hoc Staff In Kogi Demand ₦50M Ransom by CodeTemplar: 2:50pm On Mar 28, 2023
Back to business... Lol
Re: Kidnappers Of 6 INEC Ad-hoc Staff In Kogi Demand ₦50M Ransom by Gibson07: 2:50pm On Mar 28, 2023
where are we going in this Nation?
Re: Kidnappers Of 6 INEC Ad-hoc Staff In Kogi Demand ₦50M Ransom by id4sho(m): 2:51pm On Mar 28, 2023
Bandits wants their share of bullion van. tongue

Balablu bhlu bhlu bulaba cheesy

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Of 6 INEC Ad-hoc Staff In Kogi Demand ₦50M Ransom by geesilver(m): 2:51pm On Mar 28, 2023
Dafresh:
The money is too small they would have demanded 300 million because INEC made billions from rigging election
and you think inec would pay for their release or their families..... Those guys are likely to be adhoc staff, more like a contract staff not full staff of the commission. They would be on OYO

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Of 6 INEC Ad-hoc Staff In Kogi Demand ₦50M Ransom by erospecial: 2:51pm On Mar 28, 2023
Wow, INEC must share the dollars

4 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Of 6 INEC Ad-hoc Staff In Kogi Demand ₦50M Ransom by Nobody: 2:52pm On Mar 28, 2023
When will they kidnap inec chairman?

And how will they pay the money..

Or via opay transfer

2 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Of 6 INEC Ad-hoc Staff In Kogi Demand ₦50M Ransom by Trigiid86(m): 2:52pm On Mar 28, 2023
Just imagine
Re: Kidnappers Of 6 INEC Ad-hoc Staff In Kogi Demand ₦50M Ransom by Zupay: 2:52pm On Mar 28, 2023
They have resumed work.

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Of 6 INEC Ad-hoc Staff In Kogi Demand ₦50M Ransom by Nobody: 2:53pm On Mar 28, 2023
mahmood will pay
at least he made billions from this election

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Of 6 INEC Ad-hoc Staff In Kogi Demand ₦50M Ransom by Trendy247: 2:55pm On Mar 28, 2023
Tifnubu have left them behind

2 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Of 6 INEC Ad-hoc Staff In Kogi Demand ₦50M Ransom by favor914: 2:55pm On Mar 28, 2023
tungamaje:
And we are encouraging diaspora Nigerians and Africans to return home to the biggest black nation. We are finished. I just read in the news that Rita Marley wife of the legendary Bob Marley has relocated to Aburi in Ghana. If in Nigeria, I guess she might have been kidnapped for 200 million
Rita Marley has been living in Ghana, probably before you were even conceived.

Tell us new news.

42 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Will You Vote For GEJ If He Goes For Second Term? / Ibori Moved To Maximum Security Prison With Terrorists And Violent Criminals / Buhari Didn’t Withdraw 2016 Budget, Say Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.