Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,425 members, 7,830,128 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% (67766 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Reduces Transportation Fares By 50% On Train, BRT, Boat & LAGRIDE / Transportation Fares Soar As Fuel Scarcity Resurfaces In Abuja / EndSARS: Protesters Use Buses To Block Roads Leading To Bwari In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by Jomonix: 1:30am On Mar 29, 2023
Kabirudeen25:
I just want to know please, is the hike applicable to all lagosians, or is it for only Igbo people in Lagos?

Good question to ask our unthinking tribal zealots.
Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by Asswipemod: 1:35am On Mar 29, 2023
Kabirudeen25:
I just want to know please, is the hike applicable to all lagosians, or is it for only Igbo people in Lagos?
Kabirudeen Baboonlahi!
Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by ICEWIN: 1:36am On Mar 29, 2023
There is nothing wrong. Naira scarcity make am slash the price from onset,lets embrace the truth. His not deceitful according.
Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by bluefilm: 1:42am On Mar 29, 2023
Kabirudeen25:

Actually, it's only applicable to Kenyans & Brazilians in Lagos.
Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by InvertedHammer: 1:49am On Mar 29, 2023
chokekachy:
In February 2023, @jidesanwoolu announced a 50% reduction on all Lagos State Public Transport System for the next one week through the Cowry Card system, this measure is to cushion the effect of the Fuel and Currency crisis.

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7560431/sanwo-olu-reduces-transportation-fares-50#120740536

https://twitter.com/MetroLagos/status/1640775627102887958?t=BztH0woB8sZhX0JzO9JHAA&s=19

/
grin grin grin

It reminds one of Fashola and okada riders that year.

/
Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by stepaside2: 1:52am On Mar 29, 2023
ICEWIN:
There is nothing wrong. Naira scarcity make am slash the price from onset,lets embrace the truth. His not deceitful according.
Sanwo was clear that price slash was to cushion the effect of hardship imposed by cash crunch and fuel scarcity. It was not envisaged to be forever. Once those hardships started easing, it made sense to go back to normal fares regime. I wonder what the fuss is all about.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by Chyma231(m): 2:10am On Mar 29, 2023
[quote author=Hoelujohn post=122134255]
It's not applicable to we Yorubas. God bless Sanwolu for this. I will be happier at 200% increase [ then you must be a fool !!]
Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by Skidooo(m): 2:18am On Mar 29, 2023
But Mr Babajide Sanwo'lu in previous time announced 20% increase in Lagosians civil servant salaries with the arrears from January 2023 till date.

I think that's enough to coshion the economic effect that the reverted 50% might have caused.

Sanwo Eko!
Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by kkonyeji(m): 2:25am On Mar 29, 2023
Kabirudeen25:

I want to know too. Pls let me know when u get an answer to your question.
Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by broadman20: 2:27am On Mar 29, 2023
Urbanchampion:
Baba don win election, e remain to demolish some markets...and send some people back to where their party nomination form is sold for 150m. grin grin grin

Like tha ABI!

The people he gave 100 million freely and the one he was persuaded to give 5 million all joined.

Hahahaha

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by Germi9: 2:45am On Mar 29, 2023
amstamon:
How do these politicians takes us for a ride and yet we still applaud them all because of ethnicity sentiments and bigotry.
Let's call a spade a spade.
So what should now happen to us that actually voted for him due to the 50% slash, hoping it'll remain that way for a long time.
Is it now safe to call this a deceits?
Your eye don dey clear abi? Jonzing man
Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by Ben344: 2:51am On Mar 29, 2023
Kabirudeen25:
Lol. This is meant to be a savage comment I assume
Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by Owoino: 3:11am On Mar 29, 2023
[quote author=Chyma231 post=122136814][/quote]
Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by Owoino: 3:12am On Mar 29, 2023
Emeka go back to your village if Lagos is too expensive for you.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by Bishopwizzy(m): 3:15am On Mar 29, 2023
amstamon:
How do these politicians takes us for a ride and yet we still applaud them all because of ethnicity sentiments and bigotry.
Let's call a spade a spade.
So what should now happen to us that actually voted for him due to the 50% slash, hoping it'll remain that way for a long time.
Is it now safe to call this a deceits?

It is not deceits. Let's be realistic here. You're only being delusional if you have voted him due to your above mentioned reason. The reason for the reduction was stated when it was done and right now cash is in circulation. I may not have supported his reelection but the truth is the truth. I wonder why you were expecting it to stay for a long time and having casted your vote for him in that regard. Some of us and our myopic thoughts.......

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by raskymonojendor: 3:26am On Mar 29, 2023
1. It was never meant to be permanent and that was made known. Cash unavailability due to CBN policy issues were the reason.

2. The fare helps to pay for excellent services as shown below:

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by raskymonojendor: 3:38am On Mar 29, 2023

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by chival234(m): 3:54am On Mar 29, 2023
The 💯 is only for Igbos and Hausa people. Hope you're Now satisfied 😃
Kabirudeen25:
Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by ultimateprof: 4:02am On Mar 29, 2023
I just dey imagine what Tinubu will do after he might have won the court case.

You see:
Sanwo Olu
Desmond Eliot
Tinubu
Adam Oshomole,etc.

Fear these men for they are able to over take the devil in his devilish assignment.
Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by Earthquakes: 4:16am On Mar 29, 2023
GeneralPula:
Okay..

They’re still far behind for where Anambra Dey..

This is all types of tickets for different parks across the state, but from Ajah to Lekki to CMS don cover all this ticket but most importantly they don't give receipt they use only marker grin
But all the same, Anambra is fighting the government to reduce it which is taking effect gradually, but is there anything you are doing to reduce yours? Yes fighting the Igbos grin

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by femmoy(m): 4:19am On Mar 29, 2023
Never trust a politician.
Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by Nobody: 4:26am On Mar 29, 2023
Nigerians are always the ones to suffer, all the pain. How APC were able convince a typical yoruba man, their blood brother, was an Igbo man. Still surprises. The hypocrisy and envy. Still shocks me.

Because he wasn't a servant to the jagaban of Lagos. The suffering really fits, our mental state of health.

When I see older, men in their late thirties lap themselves in public transports. Some men don't have shame at all.

A man programmed by nature, to provide can't even take responsibility of himself. How does he take care of a family, and it's this same broke and frustrated beings, that are the pioneers of tribalism. Some women who date these are trying.

Election is over, the reality of your poor livlihood is back, who loosed .

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by Emmy000seun(m): 4:39am On Mar 29, 2023
But why are people complaining,? I think it's becauseof cash issue the reductionwas made, and now cash is much available so things had to.go.back to normal..nawa oo.we easily tribalise every issue..
Jostoman:
Election are over now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by hmohammed(m): 4:39am On Mar 29, 2023
Kabirudeen25:

I also want to ask if BRT exist on the South East part of the country?

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by toloohthegreat: 4:49am On Mar 29, 2023
Jostoman:
Election are over now.

You definitely didn't seriously read as you have done writing. Or you write with your hands and read with your spinal cord. Period!
Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by eleniyan2020: 4:52am On Mar 29, 2023
Kabirudeen25:
the price was reduced due to scarcity of naira not because of election!
Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by eleniyan2020: 4:53am On Mar 29, 2023
Billmos:
Obi effect
obi effect for what again...common sense no even de ena head again!
Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by eleniyan2020: 4:55am On Mar 29, 2023
Brendaniel:
I told one APC supporter here that nothing changed in Lagos after the attacks on Igbos, that those who supported the attacks have been deceived, Tinubu just retained his cash cow through Sanwo Olu using hate and bigotry...
sanwo olu as a governor will be 10times better than your chinedu,take him to Abia state to build govt house first!

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by Lovenorth: 4:59am On Mar 29, 2023
Back to square one grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Fayose Distributes Rice And N200 After Eating N100 Buka Rice / No Bakassi Boys In Anambra State / Accountant-General, Ahmed Idris Marries Hussain, 16-Year-Old Girl. Family Kicks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.