Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,240 members, 7,829,437 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% (67761 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Reduces Transportation Fares By 50% On Train, BRT, Boat & LAGRIDE / Transportation Fares Soar As Fuel Scarcity Resurfaces In Abuja / EndSARS: Protesters Use Buses To Block Roads Leading To Bwari In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by spartachico(m): 7:29am On Mar 29, 2023
Eko lowa
amstamon:
How do these politicians takes us for a ride and yet we still applaud them all because of ethnicity sentiments and bigotry.
Let's call a spade a spade.
So what should now happen to us that actually voted for him due to the 50% slash, hoping it'll remain that way for a long time.
Is it now safe to call this a deceits?
Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by HIPROFILE(m): 7:34am On Mar 29, 2023
Shebi na every tribe weh deh Lagos go pay this fare abi e get tribe weh no go pay?

When I said it was too poor and unfortunate for some people to think and acted the way they did to a particular tribe in Lagos during the election you’d think I was just talking…Its a poor thinking mentality because what ever increment, levy or bad policy the government of the day brings on goes all way to affect everybody.

If tomorrow Lagos state Government decides increase tax for shop owners to deal with Igbos then it affects everyone cos they will increase the cost price of the products they sale and ba you go still go buy am indirectly paying for that government increase.

People should rather think right than unnecessarily displaying xenophobic tendency against others.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by BTCog: 7:34am On Mar 29, 2023
"Used and dumped" is the phrase. Some of our brothers from the West thought they were punishing a certain group of people. Let me see if he will create a different transport or survival system for his supporters only. Nigeria politicians have a smart way of dividing us because of certain idiosyncrasies that we have failed to let go. We shall all live to enjoy or endure the outcome together.
Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by Image123(m): 7:40am On Mar 29, 2023
Kabirudeen25:
I just want to know please, is the hike applicable to all lagosians, or is it for only Igbo people in Lagos?

If you call a 50% discount for 2 months a hike, it says a lot about the quality of education you received.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by UgoFly: 7:41am On Mar 29, 2023
Kabirudeen25:
I just want to know please, is the hike applicable to all lagosians, or is it for only Igbo people in Lagos?

This should be the most liked comment on NL this year?
Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by Image123(m): 7:42am On Mar 29, 2023
amstamon:
How do these politicians takes us for a ride and yet we still applaud them all because of ethnicity sentiments and bigotry.
So what should now happen to us that actually voted for him due to the 50% slash, hoping it'll remain that way for a long time.

The 50% slash was clearly stated as a cushion on the naira scarcity and fuel crisis. Nobody took you for a ride. Helping and subsidizing costs of things is not a ride.
Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by UgoFly: 7:43am On Mar 29, 2023
Image123:

If you call a 50% discount for 2 months a hike, it says a lot about the quality of education you received.

A hike is an increase. Did the fares remain at 50 percent discount or it increased to 100, Mr Quality Educator?
Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by Image123(m): 7:45am On Mar 29, 2023
UgoFly:

This should be the most liked comment on NL this year?

How and why should an uneducated comment be liked? If the price of a thing was 100naira and was reduced to 50naira BECAUSE of naira and fuel scarcity, where others were increasing prices to 250naira. How do you call bringing it back to its original price a hike? Don't you understand English even if you don't live in Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by Image123(m): 7:47am On Mar 29, 2023
UgoFly:

A hike is an increase. Did the fares remain at 50 percent discount or it increased to 100, Mr Quality Educator?

It was 100 already for long. There was a discount because of the naira scarcity. Discounts are normal in civilized societies. They are not permanent, just for a short time. Learn what revert, discounts or subsidies mean. It's not a right.
Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by cejaypriesty(m): 7:52am On Mar 29, 2023
Kabirudeen25:
Okay sir. When you finish laughing, go to the bustop and pay the exact same price with "Shinedu", then when you board the bus, sit down and ask yourself whether you really have sense.

If you want to go tribal atleast write Igbo name well it makes you sound more intelligent. The name is Chinedu not shinedu.Anyways I understand you lot have issues pronouncing 'Chi ' .
Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by iammolise(m): 7:53am On Mar 29, 2023
ritzyvic1:
In the end, you'll see that there are just 2 tribes: the political elites and the poor masses. Every other categorization is false
you are intelligent my brother.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by abidem4real: 7:53am On Mar 29, 2023
chokekachy:
In February 2023, @jidesanwoolu announced a 50% reduction on all Lagos State Public Transport System for the next one week through the Cowry Card system, this measure is to cushion the effect of the Fuel and Currency crisis.

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7560431/sanwo-olu-reduces-transportation-fares-50#120740536

https://twitter.com/MetroLagos/status/1640775627102887958?t=BztH0woB8sZhX0JzO9JHAA&s=19
Nigerian politicians are scum! When they need you during elections, they do all sorts of things to get you to their sides but when elections are over they become their true selves.

Sanwoolu and APC should not forget that once bitten, twice shy.👆👆👆
Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by Chizzyjr(m): 7:55am On Mar 29, 2023
[quote author=spagettiluv post=122136062]why do you ibos love chest beating your empty chest.
Omo this thing is sickening walai.
So according to you ibos, no other tribe can survive?
I see all this sht as inferiority complex,y’all talk asif other tribes are worthless.
Read your comments slowly and check if there is sense in what you put down.
No wonder dey never respect you anywhere you go
How I'm I boasting...I'm just speaking the honest truth...if you no like am go to Court 😂😂
Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by mainman7(m): 7:59am On Mar 29, 2023
Wow! Have you watched the Video below? Anyone that has the YouTube Link should please Share for all to see.

So, after they tried to manipulate Buhari to become Enemy of Tinubu that helped him to the Throne, despite that they used Emefiele to wickedly Punish Nigerians and put innocent People through the 1st Unprecedented Naira Hardship and Excruciating Pain in the History of Nigeria, and yet Tinubu still Won against all Odds which shows every sensible Humanbeing that he is the Will of the CREATOR of Humanity to our President. Now they now go this unbelievablly low to invite Military to take Over? Shame! Shame!! Shame on these demonic Sad Souls called igbos.

We know that the CREATOR of Humanity is ever just, non that wish Tinubu this kind of Demonic Wickedness and unjustified Evil shall ever enjoy in his guarateed 8 Years Tenure as President of Federal Republic of Nigeria! Like if you Agree, share if you know that the deceitful evil Tribe that wish to Enslave all indigenous Nigerian Tribes shall never Succeed in their demonic mission.

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by Landinvestments(m): 8:02am On Mar 29, 2023
Brendaniel:
I told one APC supporter here that nothing changed in Lagos after the attacks on Igbos, that those who supported the attacks have been deceived, Tinubu just retained his cash cow through Sanwo Olu using hate and bigotry...

lol
Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by Kaiser20: 8:04am On Mar 29, 2023
Will all Apc supporters and those that snatched the ballot boxes still enjoy the 50 % reductions
Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by phemmyfour: 8:04am On Mar 29, 2023
Armaggedon:
I hope the people that carried ballot box for him will have free ticket. cheesy
Don't mind them. They are suffering from shortsightedness with short memory
Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by phemmyfour: 8:07am On Mar 29, 2023
amstamon:
They didn't take you for a ride, you people just refused to LEARN. That's a typical average naija mentality.....so DOGMATIC with short memory , so the politician keep using same strategy every four years
Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by efighter: 8:09am On Mar 29, 2023
Kabirudeen25:

Only for Igbo people
Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by Stateven: 8:18am On Mar 29, 2023

Oraimo boombox SPEAKERs 🏁

🔋40hrs playtime
✴️ BIG SPEAKERS
🔘Bluetooth 5.1 Speaker
⭕💯Brand new
🌊IPX6 Splash proof protection
🔺Super sounds
🔻Good bass

Nationwide delivery

Pay on delivery

Call or WhatsApp

1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by Solocoin: 8:24am On Mar 29, 2023
Kudos to the Governor, election is over and everything has returns to normal and this will only affects Igbo people and LP members. APC members and Yoruba will still pay the 50% price.
Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by Iwedunloye: 8:29am On Mar 29, 2023
Kaiser20:
Will all Apc supporters and those that snatched the ballot boxes still enjoy the 50 % reductions

Discount is temporary, hatred makes educated reason like illiterate
Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by DenreleDave(m): 8:30am On Mar 29, 2023
UgoFly:

You are the ignorant one actually

There was no hike, it was reverted.. All these Peter obi fans sef, anything to suit ur narratives
Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by lavylilly: 8:30am On Mar 29, 2023
bukatyne:

Just what I wanted to say.

From the OP, it was for a week. For whatever reason, it was extended to two months.

They have not erred in this.

Lagos State workers should tell us if the promised increase was effected (and track if it would be permanent cheesy) and if the pensioners have been swiftly paid. Those were the campaign promises we can hold him to.

Lori iro
Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by abcity2001(m): 8:30am On Mar 29, 2023
Pls call me if you see anybody that want to repair phone, connection of gotv and DStv, installation of CCTV camera, installation of both wired and wireless network, repairing of any kind of computer both desktop and laptop, training of any programs of computer application's electrical installation. 09064765273 or 08124965241
Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by OLOKOESHIN: 8:31am On Mar 29, 2023
Jostoman:
Election are over now.
I swear

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% by DenreleDave(m): 8:33am On Mar 29, 2023
cejaypriesty:

If you want to go tribal atleast write Igbo name well it makes you sound more intelligent. The name is Chinedu not shinedu.Anyways I understand you lot have issues pronouncing 'Chi ' .

Lies.. It's shinedu

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

INEC Declares Bola Ahmed Tinubu President Elect / Adamu Atiku Abubakar At His Grandfather's Burial In Onitsha (Photo) / Fayose Distributes Rice And N200 After Eating N100 Buka Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.