Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Is One Supposed To Pay For NIN Registration at Local Government Council? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is One Supposed To Pay For NIN Registration at Local Government Council? (339 Views)

Failure To Register For NIN Attracts 14 Years Imprisonment - Pantami / NIMC Adopts Booking System For NIN Enrolment, Issues Fresh Guidelines / Governor Wike Suspends 13 Local Government Council Chairmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is One Supposed To Pay For NIN Registration at Local Government Council? by Goldmynemaniac: 2:29pm On Mar 29, 2023
So, went to get my NIN done at Local Government today. Omo come see billings anyhow.

Lemme break it down:
1. 100 Naira for form
2. 3000 Naira for registration
3. 3000 Naira for validation

This really got me to wondering if this is right, legal and sanctioned by government or those guys at council are just cashing out on the people.

Why should I as a Nigerian have to buy my piece if identification? This is like asking one to bring money for voter's card. Ayam not getting.

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Nlfpmod
Seun

Please move this to front page so it can get needed attention.

Thanks
Re: Is One Supposed To Pay For NIN Registration at Local Government Council? by Pierocash(m): 2:34pm On Mar 29, 2023
Goldmynemaniac:
So, went to get my NIN done at Local Government today. Omo come see billings anyhow.

Lemme break it down:
1. 100 Naira for form
2. 3000 Naira for registration
3. 3000 Naira for validation

This really got me to wondering if this is right, legal and sanctioned by government or those guys at council are just cashing out on the people.

Why should I as a Nigerian have to buy my piece if identification? This is like asking one to bring money for voter's card. Ayam not getting.
Don't do your NIN at local government areas,go to any MTN office,or glo office. It is free.

I did mine free,that was even early 2021 that many dummies were paying heavily for it,not to talk of now that everything is going normal
Re: Is One Supposed To Pay For NIN Registration at Local Government Council? by Zonefree(m): 2:36pm On Mar 29, 2023
The right question is, what's the essence of the NIN?

3 Likes

Re: Is One Supposed To Pay For NIN Registration at Local Government Council? by Goldmynemaniac: 2:36pm On Mar 29, 2023
Thanks.

It's too late ,process already began, and I'm committed as I've made some payment.
Re: Is One Supposed To Pay For NIN Registration at Local Government Council? by Goldmynemaniac: 2:38pm On Mar 29, 2023
Zonefree:
The right question is, what's the essence of the NIN?
What's the essence?
Re: Is One Supposed To Pay For NIN Registration at Local Government Council? by Afamed: 2:39pm On Mar 29, 2023
Believe every crap you read on social media at your own peril
Re: Is One Supposed To Pay For NIN Registration at Local Government Council? by Goldmynemaniac: 2:41pm On Mar 29, 2023
Pierocash:
Don't do your NIN at local government areas,go to any MTN office,or glo office. It is free.

I did mine free,that was even early 2021 that many dummies were paying heavily for it,not to talk of now that everything is going normal
I'm feeling seriously ripped off. My stomach is churning as I type.

Was at MTN's office yesterday and couldn't get it done.
Re: Is One Supposed To Pay For NIN Registration at Local Government Council? by Pierocash(m): 2:48pm On Mar 29, 2023
Goldmynemaniac:

I'm feeling seriously ripped off. My stomach is churning as I type.

Was at MTN's office yesterday and couldn't get it done.
many MTN offices ,glo ,and Airtel do it. If you visit one and couldn't do it, go to another one
Re: Is One Supposed To Pay For NIN Registration at Local Government Council? by Goldmynemaniac: 2:55pm On Mar 29, 2023
Afamed:
So I came here to lie abi? Continue angry

1 Like

Re: Is One Supposed To Pay For NIN Registration at Local Government Council? by didroon43: 5:21pm On Mar 29, 2023
Goldmynemaniac:
So I came here to lie abi? Continue angry

No mind am.

1 Like

Re: Is One Supposed To Pay For NIN Registration at Local Government Council? by Corridon: 9:39pm On Mar 29, 2023
Afamed:
All thanks to people like you who tells lies for a living.
Re: Is One Supposed To Pay For NIN Registration at Local Government Council? by finallybusy: 1:08am On Mar 31, 2023
I was made to pay because the boys performing the registration saw me as a well fed, content individual. It’s free if you inquire third party information first. Going in ignorant would lead you to scammers.

(1) (Reply)

What Constitutes Ethnic Slur On Nairaland? / What Will Happen After Tinubu Is Finally Sworn In As President - Ogbeni Dipo / Why Oshiomhole's Name Features In Tinubu's Incoming Government - Ikirodah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.