Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,453 members, 7,850,580 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:46 AM

Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada (66608 Views)

Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family / Planning Of Relocating From North To The South West. / Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by MCKAY82(m): 8:06pm On Apr 09, 2023
Pls I beg u in the name of God.. I need the job.. Just work it for me and u can come back. I can do anything do able.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by maasoap(m): 8:08pm On Apr 09, 2023
Tadadobe:

Watch them storming this place trying to discredit this guy's frustration as "stop discouraging people from going abroad". People don't discuss what they're going through in abroad because they're scared of being judged. Nigerians will tell such person that he's where they're slaving hard to come and he dare complain

The reactions of Nigerians at home to the plights of Nigerians abroad whenever they express the kind of hardships and challenges they are facing abroad is at sickening and frightening level! I dey tell you. Nigerians at home would bully and judge them that they wouldn't even be able to defend themselves

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by maasoap(m): 8:22pm On Apr 09, 2023
Originalsly:
No doubt. ... OP be aje butter!!... not used to much physical activities ... not even sports .... and suddenly... all his sleeping muscles have to be working in top gear ... why wouod they not pain him? Even if one is used to hard work in Nigeria ... it will not be easy for him to manage hard work in the US/Canada. The difference is working continuously until you get the set 10 or 15 minute break ... then back at it again ... continuously. ... especially for hourly paid workers. Others can learn from this thread .... this situation is verrrry common .... harder for those who arrived with different expectations.... unprepared. He will endure ... like most... or will cop out. Him thinking about asking for refund are me laugh! He need to manage that job until he finds a better one. Despite all he complained about the job ... it was nice for him to say he was lucky ... he is working and after months his friends are still trying to find jobs. After all .... all you need to do is go prepared to work hard.... do two or even three jobs ... one to take care of the bills and the other to manage yourself and save.

OP winter is the worse for everything... Spring is here ... summer soon ... all conditions will get better.

This is serious. Even our brother in the neighbourhood who travelled some years back and everyone is seeing now as big boy codedly complained to some people that he's still working day and night. Not easy

3 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by justwise(m): 8:26pm On Apr 09, 2023
maasoap:

It is a dilemma for them. They would have spent every kobo they had to get there. So, relocating is not an easy option for them even if they wanted to return. But the only thing is that, if they had known, they might not have taken that route.

Self inflicted injury, they had all the time to prepare financially and if you can not afford it then don't waste the little you have to travel just to suffer

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Lamanii22(f): 8:41pm On Apr 09, 2023
Ablemed:
When I was telling one of my guy here ion believe in travelling abroad to have or live a better life, he thought I was speaking from the place of drunkenness.

I believe I will make it and I'll make it Big in Nigeria and only travel out for vacation, irrespective of whatsoever anyone got to say/think

Same here ooo
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by maasoap(m): 8:42pm On Apr 09, 2023
inoki247:
Lol las las everybody go dey alright..

That's how I'm looking my friend like this he dey du UK level dem ask him for 10k pounds to arrange am for him....

When I no mad why will I carry my hard earned 10m that's equivalent to 10meter to go slave for anoda man country....

The country wey we say he bad we are still earning millions derr I go come carry that million go burn...

grin grin grin
Dem say na for the future of your shildren
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by abdullahi45: 8:45pm On Apr 09, 2023
Bigcoconut:
Hello, guys
I don't want to bore you guys with long epistle. Yes, as the title suggests.

I travelled to Canada through the study route this January but I can tell you for a fact that I'm already bored with this place.

I'm redoing a 2 year program that I have already concluded in Naija but just because I want japa, I redid it. But that's not the issue.

The issue is that I'm working in a company but the department I was posted to was a physical demanding one..

To the extent that if I work for a day, I feel pain all over my body for a week. And this is seriously affecting my education because anytime i go to work, i wouldn't have the energy to do anything again as i would be so weak. but i have to work because i have bills to pay.

Nobody send you for here except you want sleep for cold outside.

Even half of my salary goes in the form of settling bills.

The work makes me depressed. This is not what I bargained for. .

For me to raise money for my tuition fees and travel expenses, at least I wasn't doing bad in Nigeria before i left. In addition, I hardly have time for myself.

My situation is even better, most of people who we came same time haven't found jobs yet.

My thinking is if I should ask for refund of my remaining tuition fee and relocate back Naija, or go back Naija and take some courses online, as there seems to be an option for that.

Why not try and find a better job or do other legal side hustle, if you are allowed. Apply for scholarships, talk to your program coordinator advisor, seek for help in every way possible. I understand your current frustrations, but this too shall pass, by God's grace. Think about why you started in the first place and all you have invested all the way. Once you finish with your degree, you should get a pretty good job, by God's grace, and this will only be history. All the best with your decisions and with your future endeavors.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:48pm On Apr 09, 2023
Aboguede:

Let me help newbies to guess ur age

U are 55-60 plus

2. If men who has cash are counted in ur village today, u are not among them except for those who don't kmow shocked

Hahahaha I no get time to reveal my age on the internet, go through my posts and you will get an idea of how old I am.

I am not worried about my ranking in my village, I am doing OK

2 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Omoawoke: 8:54pm On Apr 09, 2023
Seagodess:
what are you even saying.. weather? What is weather.. it obvious most of us are very lazy

.. Naija no Good.. Canada no good.. what else do you want God to do for u

Now I know you never see bad weather before grin

Heheheheh, you must be joking. All this mouth you are making, it is obvious you haven’t experienced anything. Check the thread and see people with experiences, they understand and are not too harsh on the op with their comment because they understand. Bad weather alone is enough to chase you away from obudo oyinbo

3 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Omoawoke: 8:55pm On Apr 09, 2023
Seagodess:
what are you even saying.. weather? What is weather.. it obvious most of us are very lazy

.. Naija no Good.. Canada no good.. what else do you want God to do for u

Now I know you never see bad weather before grin

Heheheheh, you must be joking. All this mouth you are making, it is obvious you haven’t experienced anything. Check the thread and see people with experiences, they understand and are not too harsh on the op with their comment because they understand. Bad weather alone is enough to chase you away from obudo oyinbo.
The op needs encouragement because it ain’t as easy as u think
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by MrDoGood(m): 8:56pm On Apr 09, 2023
poseidon12:

Are Indians really into hairdressing and truck driving in Canada?? I'll be surprised.

Truck driving, yes.

Hair dressing, I have no idea

Even in the USA, it's same

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by gbishman: 8:57pm On Apr 09, 2023
Ever heard the saying "No pain no gain" abroad no one owes nothing. The govt only provides the enabling environment for you to reach your full potential and contribute your own quota to the country.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Omoawoke: 9:01pm On Apr 09, 2023
Seagodess:
exactly my dear.. the guy na one yeye lazy ajebor.. opportunity wey kpako like me dey find..Bleep weather Bleep anything inasmuch iam well paid.. my neighbor over there said once you Tru with the job for the day you just have to signal dem and boom u get alerted.. naija... where the work? Who wan pay u better money... last year i Wash toilet for Chicken republic.. guess how much? 33k ,, before I transport eat i only have 4k left.

That’s crazy, if you can try to move to US, do it… you will make money as long as you can work. People whey their eyes don see shege dey make plenty money for US because they are ready to rugged the streets and face any frustrations.
But it’s not as easy sometimes,
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by fabolouz1(m): 9:02pm On Apr 09, 2023
Simple case of " The grass is not always greener at the other side".
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Seagodess(f): 9:03pm On Apr 09, 2023
Omoawoke:

That’s crazy, if you can try to move to US, do it… you will make money as long as you can work. People whey their eyes don see shege dey make plenty money for US because they are ready to rugged the streets and face any frustrations.
yes I understand.. really praying I have the chance soon
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Omoawoke: 9:05pm On Apr 09, 2023
Seagodess:
yes I understand.. really praying I have the chance soon

The best option you have is through school. Just put in your best shot at life. Really admire your hardworking nature. May God reward you sis
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Omoawoke: 9:08pm On Apr 09, 2023
mercysamuelson:
1Sharon

You might just set a new precedent.

Then again you might need more time to adapt 5-10yrs

Then again i feel America is the best place for japarains. Semi skilled workers like hairdressers, truck drivers make alot of money.

Yes, here in the US, jobs are available if you want to work even with your high school certificate or with no school certificate. Just be sure you have your genuine documents and your work permit. Not talking about those with visit visa o. You'll be amaze at the amount you'll be receiving at every payday even when you're paying high Bill's.

Is work permit in america that easy to get as you say?lol
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Seagodess(f): 9:11pm On Apr 09, 2023
Omoawoke:

The best option you have is through school. Just put in your best shot at life. Really admire your hardworking nature. May God reward you sis
Amen..I even wanted applying for masters abroad with my Hnd. When I have little money,, I believe I would get support from the family so I can move
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by DaCharis2016: 9:23pm On Apr 09, 2023
Oga change work. If you can swap me for yourself I will be glad. At least I don't have to raise my kids in a zoo of Nigeria anymore.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by YeyeGbami: 9:24pm On Apr 09, 2023
goslowgoslow:

Japa is not only for people who are not doing well, some people japa for some other reasons especially security.

These people just come here to type nonsense, they think everyone must go through hard labor and stuff.

Na naija dey use suffer brag to each other. Damn!
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Spanki(f): 9:26pm On Apr 09, 2023
Ablemed:
When I was telling one of my guy here ion believe in travelling abroad to have or live a better life, he thought I was speaking from the place of drunkenness.

I believe I will make it and I'll make it Big in Nigeria and only travel out for vacation, irrespective of whatsoever anyone got to say/think

Please tell them!!!
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Falconx47: 9:42pm On Apr 09, 2023
Bigcoconut:
Hello, guys
I don't want to bore you guys with long epistle. Yes, as the title suggests.

I travelled to Canada through the study route this January but I can tell you for a fact that I'm already bored with this place.

I'm redoing a 2 year program that I have already concluded in Naija but just because I want japa, I redid it. But that's not the issue.

The issue is that I'm working in a company but the department I was posted to was a physical demanding one..

To the extent that if I work for a day, I feel pain all over my body for a week. And this is seriously affecting my education because anytime i go to work, i wouldn't have the energy to do anything again as i would be so weak. but i have to work because i have bills to pay.

Nobody send you for here except you want sleep for cold outside.

Even half of my salary goes in the form of settling bills.

The work makes me depressed. This is not what I bargained for. .

For me to raise money for my tuition fees and travel expenses, at least I wasn't doing bad in Nigeria before i left. In addition, I hardly have time for myself.

My situation is even better, most of people who we came same time haven't found jobs yet.

My thinking is if I should ask for refund of my remaining tuition fee and relocate back Naija, or go back Naija and take some courses online, as there seems to be an option for that.

These are the kind of crossroads you have to think deeply and tell yourself the truth, most strangers would only advice you based on their own perspectives, heck some would even come here to gloat.

When you say you weren't doing badly in Nigeria, did you have a job or business? Or you were depending on family? If the later is the case, it wouldn't be the same if you pack up and relocate back to Nigeria, moreso if they raised the money with which you travelled in the first place.

My advice would be not to go back, if you were okay in Nigeria you shouldn't have left, but since you have travelled, you shouldn't go back, things won't be the same, Canada is a land with a lot of opportunities, but coming on a student visa and hoping to hustle and pay fees like you did is not very advisable, it's very hard like you've seen, but still people do it. Engage with your student community, your church, etc., that could help in finding a less stressful job.

Also when you say half your income goes into paying bills, hope you're not seeking comfort? In your current condition, you should living as minimalistic as possible, share apartments, buy the cheapest groceries, etc.

If you absolutely can't complete your fees, and you have assured opportunities waiting for you back home, then you can return. In the end, all we're looking for in life is opportunities for better life, if you're absolutely sure you'll get that in Nigeria, them you can return.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Iamolukorede(m): 9:42pm On Apr 09, 2023
Gerrard59:

Always check the registration date to know how long the moniker has been on Nairaland. Some of them (they've been caught) are people who have been repeatedly denied visa to foreign countries and are currently on the mission to dissuade, and create cock and bull stories to paint the exodus in a bad light.

I seconded you.
I was bewildered by the story as it is incomplete. The story is a made up one.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by NaijaCover(m): 9:44pm On Apr 09, 2023
Seagodess:
I be Benin babe o

Follow On WhatsApp Chat
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Nobody: 9:49pm On Apr 09, 2023
IbeOkehie:

I don't think I've ever exchanged comments with you. You're not even bold enough to post your real name so why bother? I can bet you're one of those trolls that has taken on another Nairaland handle, you're either Treadway or what the other one, Ahiboilandgas LOL.

Where did I ever post that Nigerians or anyone becomes a millionaire once they get to the USA? Where? I've never claimed the Anglo-West is perfect. We have our problems, I should know that having lived here for over 30 years. However, those are what are politely called 1st Word problems.

And where have I posted that nobody can live a good life in Nigeria? I personally know Nigerians that earn over $1K per day working in Nigeria. That doesn't negate the truth that Nigeria has the highest poverty rates in the world according to recent data or that the unemployment rate is over 30%. I truly don't understand why simple truth riles people like you so much.

What is a good standard of living? For me, having a family, it's owning a good home within a short commute of your workplace, owning a couple of cars, earning enough to afford reliable and safe water, energy supplies and nutritious food. Affordable education & healthcare for the children and parents too. Good communications and infrastructure should be available. Law and order enforced to the extent that most people can feel safe, a good measure being willingness to undertake an interstate journey at night. No need to live behind concrete walls with signs warning THIS PROPERTY IS NOT FOR SALE, that sort of thing.

Whether in USA or Nigeria, that quality of life listed above will cost at least $30K per year. How many Nigerians earn even $10K per year?

That's all. It's not too high an aspiration. The reality is that such a life is easier to attain in Anglo-Western countries than Nigeria or any African country. For that reason, I advise that any Nigerian with the means to migrate to the Anglo-West should take it without hesitation. Even President Buhari and his family know this, that's why they've lived abroad for over 40 years. He's a REAL PERSON and I admire his example. I'm a real person that anyone can check and find credible.

And you? Your opinions are so deluded you're afraid to post your real name grin

Ummm, $100K in the USA isn't too high a salary. The median household income in the USA is now over $60K. I supervise workers with high school diplomas only who make $40K, in 10 years anyone of them with the requisite ambition can easily make over $100K equivalent. There's so much shortage of workers here, we're desperate to find more. Ordinary finding mechanic to work on your car or plumber to fix a toilet is now a problem, a friend just called me a few minutes ago asking if I know someone that can fix a washing machine. Anyway...

To the OP, you would be a fool to return to Nigeria, a country where you have to use old currency to buy new currency to spend. Try and settle down, get married, learn a manual skill in demand if you can't finish university. If Canada is too bad, do what some people I know personally have done - come over to the USA. I started with exactly NOTHING, same for many others in this country and you can do it too.

Good Luck.

Why are you not quoting research paper this time? 😂. I remember a day you find a paper that said 100million Nigerians will die before the age of 50. LoL. If you're actually sensible, you'll know that the cost of living in America isn't the same as that in Nigeria. Even remote places in Midwest American states are 100% more expensive to live in than nigeria. So, it's only normal for earnings to differ. Who the fuvk told you $30k is needed to survive in Nigeria annually? LoL. That's about #21M. If you spend this in Nigeria per year, you need to be jailed because things are cheap and in fact almost Free. Free education, free stuffs. Healthcare is cheap and affordable.

But I agree that we should strive to find every loopholes to make nigeria look worse and compare her to countries with better advantage. You'll be fine, Mr researcher

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 09, 2023
Omoawoke:

Stop this. You can't work more than 20hrs/week on an F1 Visa in the US. This is how you give people false hope only to get there and get stranded. Working 20hrs can only pay your rent, it won't pay your tuition
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Treadway: 9:54pm On Apr 09, 2023
IbeOkehie:

I don't think I've ever exchanged comments with you. You're not even bold enough to post your real name so why bother? I can bet you're one of those trolls that has taken on another Nairaland handle, you're either Treadway or what the other one, Ahiboilandgas LOL.

Where did I ever post that Nigerians or anyone becomes a millionaire once they get to the USA? Where? I've never claimed the Anglo-West is perfect. We have our problems, I should know that having lived here for over 30 years. However, those are what are politely called 1st Word problems.

And where have I posted that nobody can live a good life in Nigeria? I personally know Nigerians that earn over $1K per day working in Nigeria. That doesn't negate the truth that Nigeria has the highest poverty rates in the world according to recent data or that the unemployment rate is over 30%. I truly don't understand why simple truth riles people like you so much.

What is a good standard of living? For me, having a family, it's owning a good home within a short commute of your workplace, owning a couple of cars, earning enough to afford reliable and safe water, energy supplies and nutritious food. Affordable education & healthcare for the children and parents too. Good communications and infrastructure should be available. Law and order enforced to the extent that most people can feel safe, a good measure being willingness to undertake an interstate journey at night. No need to live behind concrete walls with signs warning THIS PROPERTY IS NOT FOR SALE, that sort of thing.

Whether in USA or Nigeria, that quality of life listed above will cost at least $30K per year. How many Nigerians earn even $10K per year?

That's all. It's not too high an aspiration. The reality is that such a life is easier to attain in Anglo-Western countries than Nigeria or any African country. For that reason, I advise that any Nigerian with the means to migrate to the Anglo-West should take it without hesitation. Even President Buhari and his family know this, that's why they've lived abroad for over 40 years. He's a REAL PERSON and I admire his example. I'm a real person that anyone can check and find credible.

And you? Your opinions are so deluded you're afraid to post your real name grin

Ummm, $100K in the USA isn't too high a salary. The median household income in the USA is now over $60K. I supervise workers with high school diplomas only who make $40K, in 10 years anyone of them with the requisite ambition can easily make over $100K equivalent. There's so much shortage of workers here, we're desperate to find more. Ordinary finding mechanic to work on your car or plumber to fix a toilet is now a problem, a friend just called me a few minutes ago asking if I know someone that can fix a washing machine. Anyway...

To the OP, you would be a fool to return to Nigeria, a country where you have to use old currency to buy new currency to spend. Try and settle down, get married, learn a manual skill in demand if you can't finish university. If Canada is too bad, do what some people I know personally have done - come over to the USA. I started with exactly NOTHING, same for many others in this country and you can do it too.

Good Luck.
sorry ehn Ibezim Okehie. I know now that you can't do without me. You will be alright las las. May the prince of peace calm your mid-life crises🤣
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Omoawoke: 9:58pm On Apr 09, 2023
Tadadobe:

Stop this. You can't work more than 20hrs/week on an F1 Visa in the US. This is how you give people false hope only to get there and get stranded. Working 20hrs can only pay your rent, it won't pay your tuition

Yeah it could be crazy.
The goal is to get a job after school, then the person own don better
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Nobody: 10:01pm On Apr 09, 2023
Omoawoke:

Yeah it could be crazy.
The goal is to get a job after school, then the person own don better
You're right on that. But most people get there only to get stranded because they were told they can pick money on the tree to pay their tuition. You can't work at Walmart or McDonalds to be able to afford a tuition of $32,000 per year for your masters. If it's that easy, Americans won't be taking student loans and applying for FAFSA to go to school

3 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by gsmgold: 10:01pm On Apr 09, 2023
Gerrard59:

Always check the registration date to know how long the moniker has been on Nairaland. Some of them (they've been caught) are people who have been repeatedly denied visa to foreign countries and are currently on the mission to dissuade, create cock and bull stories to paint the exodus in a bad light.

cool
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Omoawoke: 10:04pm On Apr 09, 2023
Tadadobe:

You're right on that. But most people get there only to get stranded because they were told they can pick money on the tree to pay their tuition. You can't work at Walmart or McDonalds to be able to afford a tuition of $32,000 per year for your masters. If it's that easy, Americans won't be taking student loans and applying for FAFSA to go to school

Getting a scholarship saves a lot. I won’t advise anyone to go to US without sufficient scholarship and funds. Then the sides job can take care of other things, or graduate assistant jobs

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

A Visit To Oniru Beach, Victoria Island, Lagos. / The New International Passport Will Commence On April 29 - Price & How To Apply / Asaba To Maiduguri Via Abuja By Road (live Update).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.