Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,320 members, 7,836,381 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada (66382 Views)

Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family / Planning Of Relocating From North To The South West. / Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Aboguede(m): 4:33pm On Apr 09, 2023
ednut1:
guy abeg no dey reply all these kind things. Make dem talk wetin dey wan talk πŸ˜‚.

Good., it can be u as they said.

People think social media life is same with reality grin

One just said u were a big boy in 9ja b4 going abroad grin everyone who went to abroad was a big boy and girl b4 in 9ja, after all even to pass through desert will still cost 1million naira
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by youngrichnigga: 4:33pm On Apr 09, 2023
You dey Wayne me abi
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by dazzlingd(m): 4:36pm On Apr 09, 2023
inoki247:
Lol las las everybody go dey alright..

That's how I'm looking my friend like this he dey du UK level dem ask him for 10k pounds to arrange am for him....

When I no mad why will I carry my hard earned 10m that's equivalent to 10meter to go slave for anoda man country....

The country wey we say he bad we are still earning millions derr I go come carry that million go burn...

Some people have carried like 10k dollars enter US and made it in life. Sometimes it is about proper planning and some degree of being favoured.
There are many Nigerians in us Canada making an average of 100k to 300k dollars per annum. Some even make millions of dollars
People do menial jobs and make 100k at the end of the year.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Aboguede(m): 4:36pm On Apr 09, 2023
Seagodess:
drop ur contact pls

0seven0 iii8iiifive eight9three three
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by nedekid: 4:37pm On Apr 09, 2023
Op, I think the issue you have is that your job has to be around your school. Besides, I don't know if you are limited as a student to the number of hours you can work weekly.
Anyway, have you considered getting a commercial drivers license to drive truck, ie haulage. I understand there is serious shortage of drivers and the seem to pay quite well, with insurance, medicals and even pensions.
Maybe you should take a break from school, work for some time, save some money, you may not even pay rent as those trucking companies have truck stops for feeding, sleeping etc. Those trucks are also sleepers ie you have sleeping facilities inbuilt in the truck.
To return to naija now get as e be. Things are rough. People are boning people now ohh. Nobody de dash or lend moni again. Poverty plenty plenty.
NB: Abi has your person won elections? If so, make you come back then, look for position or contract.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by dazzlingd(m): 4:43pm On Apr 09, 2023
Evergreen12345:
Don't come back bros chill relax take your time YOU will surely figure a way to a better life just make some cool friends aside your current circle of friends & of higher level than your friends you will see Light! don't come back to Nigeria & aslo pray remember you are definitely in a better place already a place far more better than Nigeria you might not get this better life in a place your aiming yo get it but YOU will surely get this BETTER! Remember something motivated you before decided to travel at first : i repeat don't come back to NIGERIA this i've seen about you πŸ™

You spoke well.
It is not easy adjusting at first. Only those with experience understand that feeling, at a point you will feel like giving up and going back. But once you can survive that initial stage, you will appreciate making that decision to see it through.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Iamzik: 4:48pm On Apr 09, 2023
josueexchanger:
I have an advise for you it is personal. If care you can pick my WhatsApp number on my signature and chat me up. But if you are not okay with that then you can forget it. I am sorry i can not tell you such advise in a public forum here
Hope you understand.

Egungun be kiafu
Bigcoconut

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by dazzlingd(m): 4:50pm On Apr 09, 2023
iykepromotions:
Look for other lucrative business to do. I have a suggestion based on experience. Learn domain buying and selling. There's a thread on it here on nl; https://www.nairaland.com/3430037/what-make-money-online

Check it out and do more research on your own. It's one of the easiest way to start earning if done properly . And as you're abroad, it may be an advantage to you because most of our buyers are US and Canada companies.

Vista namepros.com or check my signature for direct mentorship and guidelines.

Regards.

Higher higher shall you continue to go. You have single handedly lifted a lot of nigerian youth from poverty. One underrated hero is what you are.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Aboguede(m): 4:55pm On Apr 09, 2023
Let me help newbies to guess ur age

U are 55-60 plus

2. If men who has cash are counted in ur village today, u are not among them except for those who don't kmow shocked

GeneralShepherd:

Going back to Nigeria is a mistake. I went to England-> Australia -> Canada, went through everything you described and now I'm doing very well.

What are you studying?
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by inoki247: 4:57pm On Apr 09, 2023
dazzlingd:

Some people have carried like 10k dollars enter US and made it in life. Sometimes it is about proper planning and some degree of being favoured.
There are many Nigerians in us Canada making an average of 100k to 300k dollars per annum. Some even make millions of dollars
People do menial jobs and make 100k at the end of the year.

Lol do you know how to get that 100k to 300k you people just call figure any and u even call it per annum most people du take loan for such amount when they've good credit score.....

Why do you see all Yahoo boy client commiting suicide on all this type of amount most of dem are loan 100k to 300k per annum doz work no too dey oh unless you're into illegal even dere so called professional no dey earn like that and u go still pay bills pay rent if you've mortgage u go still dey pay bak....

When I travel out I see dere way no b my own type of way I ran back to my Nigeria he pay me bkuz in any type of weather I will survive here buh over dere every dime must be worked for....

2 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by 3duj: 5:02pm On Apr 09, 2023
Work no dey Naija

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Spiff20(m): 5:08pm On Apr 09, 2023
Ablemed:
When I was telling one of my guy here ion believe in travelling abroad to have or live a better life, he thought I was speaking from the place of drunkenness.

I believe I will make it and I'll make it Big in Nigeria and only travel out for vacation, irrespective of whatsoever anyone got to say/think
Your beliefs align with mine. People wey don make am for Naija no de reason Japa. All the big men I know in this life made it in Naija.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by godwon01(m): 5:13pm On Apr 09, 2023
When you arrived in a foreign country , the road is always very rough. I will advice you to stay there and endure it for the next two years. I settled down in the UK after five years. It is easy if a family member has settled down before your arrival. Been the first comers, you can't found it easy. Don't go to Nigeria, otherwise you will start all over again. Nigeria will not be the same by the time you get back.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by IbeOkehie: 5:14pm On Apr 09, 2023
Tadadobe:

I trust you πŸ˜†. You'll always have story of someone who arrive in Phoenix and start Making millions of dollars within two days. You'll even go ahead and uproot some research papers to back up your claims. I won't be surprised if you're on your way to find one Washington post that say no nigerian can be successful in Nigeria unless they come to America or that no nigerian Eran up to $20 per year. πŸ˜‚

I don't think I've ever exchanged comments with you. You're not even bold enough to post your real name so why bother? I can bet you're one of those trolls that has taken on another Nairaland handle, you're either Treadway or what the other one, Ahiboilandgas LOL.

Where did I ever post that Nigerians or anyone becomes a millionaire once they get to the USA? Where? I've never claimed the Anglo-West is perfect. We have our problems, I should know that having lived here for over 30 years. However, those are what are politely called 1st Word problems.

And where have I posted that nobody can live a good life in Nigeria? I personally know Nigerians that earn over $1K per day working in Nigeria. That doesn't negate the truth that Nigeria has the highest poverty rates in the world according to recent data or that the unemployment rate is over 30%. I truly don't understand why simple truth riles people like you so much.

What is a good standard of living? For me, having a family, it's owning a good home within a short commute of your workplace, owning a couple of cars, earning enough to afford reliable and safe water, energy supplies and nutritious food. Affordable education & healthcare for the children and parents too. Good communications and infrastructure should be available. Law and order enforced to the extent that most people can feel safe, a good measure being willingness to undertake an interstate journey at night. No need to live behind concrete walls with signs warning THIS PROPERTY IS NOT FOR SALE, that sort of thing.

Whether in USA or Nigeria, that quality of life listed above will cost at least $30K per year. How many Nigerians earn even $10K per year?

That's all. It's not too high an aspiration. The reality is that such a life is easier to attain in Anglo-Western countries than Nigeria or any African country. For that reason, I advise that any Nigerian with the means to migrate to the Anglo-West should take it without hesitation. Even President Buhari and his family know this, that's why they've lived abroad for over 40 years. He's a REAL PERSON and I admire his example. I'm a real person that anyone can check and find credible.

And you? Your opinions are so deluded you're afraid to post your real name grin

inoki247:

Lol do you know how to get that 100k to 300k you people just call figure any and u even call it per annum most people du take loan for such amount when they've good credit score.....

Ummm, $100K in the USA isn't too high a salary. The median household income in the USA is now over $60K. I supervise workers with high school diplomas only who make $40K, in 10 years anyone of them with the requisite ambition can easily make over $100K equivalent. There's so much shortage of workers here, we're desperate to find more. Ordinary finding mechanic to work on your car or plumber to fix a toilet is now a problem, a friend just called me a few minutes ago asking if I know someone that can fix a washing machine. Anyway...

To the OP, you would be a fool to return to Nigeria, a country where you have to use old currency to buy new currency to spend. Try and settle down, get married, learn a manual skill in demand if you can't finish university. If Canada is too bad, do what some people I know personally have done - come over to the USA. I started with exactly NOTHING, same for many others in this country and you can do it too.

Good Luck.

4 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Seagodess(f): 5:15pm On Apr 09, 2023
post=122399413:

Are you a Yoruba woman?
Edo
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Aboguede(m): 5:17pm On Apr 09, 2023
osidion2020:
Don't mind them, shameless people.

What can't u people allow peo2to learn grin

Wether fiction or non, what is the difference? The story is same in reality if it is not.

Anyways, both una self na work una dey shocked
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Exceed15: 5:25pm On Apr 09, 2023
thesicilian:
The beginning may not be rosy, but at the end I believe it will be worth it. As long as you remain focused and dedicated. My advice would be for you to persevere a little longer, for your sake and that of your family.

Oil no go finish for ur head

3 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by ednut1(m): 5:27pm On Apr 09, 2023
Aboguede:

Good., it can be u as they said.

People think social media life is same with reality grin

One just said u were a big boy in 9ja b4 going abroad grin everyone who went to abroad was a big boy and girl b4 in 9ja, after all even to pass through desert will still cost 1million naira
na my friend outside nairaland. True wetin you talk. Libya route self no cheap hahaha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Exceed15: 5:28pm On Apr 09, 2023
Bro , Trust me you'll be fine. Don't hastily come back to Nigeria. Things aren't getting better here. APC aren't done with naija yet. U just need to sit down and figure out how to meet up with the challenges. Good luck

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by SweetDipBenny(m): 5:29pm On Apr 09, 2023
No matter how reasonable it might sound dont do it. It's a trap. Ur village people callin.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Gerard28: 5:30pm On Apr 09, 2023
Bigcoconut:
Hello, guys
I don't want to bore you guys with long epistle. Yes, as the title suggests.

I travelled to Canada through the study route this January but I can tell you for a fact that I'm already bored with this place.

I'm redoing a 2 year program that I have already concluded in Naija but just because I want japa, I redid it. But that's not the issue.

The issue is that I'm working in a company but the department I was posted to was a physical demanding one..

To the extent that if I work for a day, I feel pain all over my body for a week. And this is seriously affecting my education because anytime i go to work, i wouldn't have the energy to do anything again as i would be so weak. but i have to work because i have bills to pay.

Nobody send you for here except you want sleep for cold outside.

Even half of my salary goes in the form of settling bills.

The work makes me depressed. This is not what I bargained for. .

For me to raise money for my tuition fees and travel expenses, at least I wasn't doing bad in Nigeria before i left. In addition, I hardly have time for myself.

My situation is even better, most of people who we came same time haven't found jobs yet.

My thinking is if I should ask for refund of my remaining tuition fee and relocate back Naija, or go back Naija and take some courses online, as there seems to be an option for that.

Guy Remain there. If you know the level of insecurity in this Terrible place you will rethink about that Temptation to come back.

Lives are not secure in this Country.

It's not about the money
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by IbeOkehie: 5:31pm On Apr 09, 2023
Exceed15:
Bro , Trust me you'll be fine. Don't hastily come back to Nigeria. Things aren't getting better here. APC aren't done with naija yet. U just need to sit down and figure out how to meet up with the challenges. Good luck

The bolded is something most Nigerians seem to be deliberately ignoring. Interested parties should please go and peruse Tinubu's manifesto and look at some of the policies he's promised to implement in Nigeria. No one has to be an expert economist to know it's going to get worse. The past 8 years is just prelude to perdition.

Good Luck to Nigerians and their country.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by RaptorX: 5:35pm On Apr 09, 2023
In this day and age that you can make cool money online from the comfort of your bedroom with a laptop, nobody should be leaving affordable warm sunny Africa for this frozen wastelands like Canada. Except you are a core professional with a critical skill that will pay you tons of money. Those people in Canada will trade places with you in a heartbeat.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by OChimex: 5:36pm On Apr 09, 2023
Ablemed:
When I was telling one of my guy here ion believe in travelling abroad to have or live a better life, he thought I was speaking from the place of drunkenness.

I believe I will make it and I'll make it Big in Nigeria and only travel out for vacation, irrespective of whatsoever anyone got to say/think

Of course, you can make it anywhere. The reason Nigeria and most African countries are way they are now is because of being lazy. A lot of people will disagree. Nigerians wants everything at their beck and call but don’t want to do the work.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by moitimeintl: 5:37pm On Apr 09, 2023
shocked
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by RaptorX: 5:43pm On Apr 09, 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by naturefellow(m): 5:45pm On Apr 09, 2023
Seagodess:
[b]You are very very mad sorry to say that.. And you sound very lazy.. sorry to Say that too. [/b]My neighbor left Nigeria to u.k February with her children.. she's doing care givers and last time we spoke.. she just complained about the hours she has to work but she said... my sister.. money dey Here if you no lazy.. so oga you are lazy.. very very lazy.. pls come back to Nigeria nonsense. Plz if you have anyone that can help me with age reduction before I register my nysc pls let's talk..I don't have waec just neco and All my documents are carrying age below 30 it was an error during jamb registration.. thanks
did you intentionally not read the part he mentioned 'body pains'?

Instead of you to be have some empathy and advise him to see a doctor for health concern, you are quick to judge.

Is Canada and UK same place? Did your neighbour say she is working alongside study, or working only?

You seem to judge based on a one-sided story.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by IbeOkehie: 5:48pm On Apr 09, 2023
OChimex:

Of course, you can make it anywhere. The reason Nigeria and most African countries are way they are now is because of being lazy. A lot of people will disagree. Nigerians wants everything at their beck and call but don’t want to do the work.

So if Nigerians are lazy, how come most Nigerians in the USA are living at a middle class standard? It's not about whether anyone can make it anywhere. The REAL question is how easy is it to attain a good standard of living in the country you choose to live in? What are the statistical odds of success? That's the real issue and it's not complicated at all.

Venezuela is rich in crude oil and natural gas. Venezuela is in a protracted economic crisis. It's EASIER to attain a good standard of living in Canada than in Venezuela. Having said that, there's people living like royalty in Venezuela, just a very, very small percentage of the populace. That's the reality for now and the forseeable future.

Have a good day.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by usagee36: 6:08pm On Apr 09, 2023
Haha welcome to the western world πŸ˜€πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜„πŸ˜ But Bruh, it's better than remembering we gat useless leaders.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by otokx(m): 6:09pm On Apr 09, 2023
Please remain there.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by dazzlingd(m): 6:12pm On Apr 09, 2023
inoki247:

Why do you see all Yahoo boy client commiting suicide on all this type of amount most of dem are loan 100k to 300k per annum doz work no too dey oh unless you're into illegal even dere so called professional no dey earn like that and u go still pay bills pay rent if you've mortgage u go still dey pay bak....

When I travel out I see dere way no b my own type of way I ran back to my Nigeria he pay me bkuz in any type of weather I will survive here buh over dere every dime must be worked for....

You really talk from a point of ignorance.
Guy your Nigerians are working legitimately and making mad money in the US.
Do you know how much they pay masters and MBA holders in the US.. the salary typically ranges from 80 to 180k per annum...and when they begin to advance to mid level, they earn 300k, 500k to even millions of dollars. How much do you think people earn in the USA? Your people are making mad money in US and that's why people can do anything to get a green card

3 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by NaijaCover(m): 6:16pm On Apr 09, 2023
Seagodess:
Edo

Which Part Of Edo State?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

There Are Only Four Passport Colors In The World, And This Is The Reason Why / The New Abuja-Kaduna Train/Railway Station: See The Beauty And Comfort (video) / Nairalander Meets Only Surviving Twin Saved By Mary Slessor Over 100 Years Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.