Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,429 members, 7,850,516 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:54 PM

Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada (66596 Views)

Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family / Planning Of Relocating From North To The South West. / Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by mamawa123: 6:18pm On Apr 09, 2023
atutupoyoyo2211:
Just be patient, it happened to most of us. I left a job that was not to bad and came here in 2017, did warehouse jobs and security initially. It was hard, no doubt, and sometimes you wanna give up, but I was always remembered my family, and giving them have another option in another country apart from Nigeria is what I wanted. Fast forward today, i have a son, he is a Canadian citizen, and and my wife are Canadian citizens, and i am doing pretty well now financially. So just be patient and be strong willed.

Please tell me how you managed to save 120k Canadian dollars in a short period of 2 years as a student in 2018 doing a security job with a pay of $16 an hour? Please I need you to lecture on this because I will like to do same.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by icedbreez(m): 6:18pm On Apr 09, 2023
CUMIN:
It's obvious you from a well to do average family. You actually didn't need this Japa but fell for the bandwagon.

You should come back and manage family wealth very well.

There's no purpose slaving away your life for endless bill.

Whatever you make abroad from odd jobs, 80% is eaten up by bills.
Except you have family there to shack up with and can sustain U for the first few months it's very rough.

If you are not married with kids back home to eat your remaining 20% I will recommend you tough it out, better days will come.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by campbelljosh(m): 6:22pm On Apr 09, 2023
You dey cap bro. I was working monday to sunday in a company that run 3 shifts per day and i took a partime course in a polytechnic in Lagos and I live in Ogun state. I change shift during weekends so i can attend classes and would cover the people's shift who covered for me while in class. Sometimes, i do 24hrs at work without sleeping. Despite all these i never had a carry over till i finish my program. Better face your struggles in a country that has better amenities to cater for you unlike here in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by labake1(f): 6:27pm On Apr 09, 2023
occfx:

Wait till court decides the fate of Nigerians... If a drug lord assumes of office, think twice. Find driving work, I think it's easy to get, even if it's taxi or airport loaders. Fulani janjaweeddds are cutting people into pieces here and they infiltrated the south, everyone dey find way you wan come enter. Wait small first. I know one major thing you miss is our cheap big nyash babes and correct food... Hold on first, they no dey run.

The way Nigerians are putting hopes in Obi, I hope you won't be disappointed later
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Bigseven(m): 6:27pm On Apr 09, 2023
Definitely den sight you from village and Dey don press your botten. Kpele till you come but be rest assured you’ll see these;
No light
No water
No security
Bad roads
Insecurity 1
Insecurity 2
Insecurity max
Insecurity pro max
Insecurity infinity and lastly, INSECURITY.
till you come then.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Bigseven(m): 6:29pm On Apr 09, 2023
Definitely den sight you from village and Dey don press your botten. Kpele till you come but be rest assured you’ll see these;
No light
No water
No security
Bad roads
Insecurity 1
Insecurity 2
Insecurity max
Insecurity pro max
Insecurity infinity and lastly, INSECURITY.
till you come then

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by saysugar(m): 6:31pm On Apr 09, 2023
See this coward missing 9ja girls, close mind bro u are near success, the road to success is full of stains, u dey suffer for ur generation sake, just know future must be secure! kip pushing P
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by labake1(f): 6:32pm On Apr 09, 2023
tfelicityk:
You supposed asked your head if that place is meant for you...
No place like home...

Please, how do one ask his/her head?
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by lildush(m): 6:35pm On Apr 09, 2023
I think u should work harder or get a better job. Wen u Japa. The aim is not to go n stay Dere for ever. U go there make money. Come back to naija n invest. The situation here is madder Dan how is was wen u left.my advice to you is dis. Endure till u get a better job. Save more.. wen ur tayad of staying Dere. Come home and invest. God bless you plenty plenty
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by scally11: 6:44pm On Apr 09, 2023
I hardly reply to comments like this but for the sake of humanity I will drop something. What dis guy is passing through is normal for peeps that just came in to UK or Canada. There is a kind of mood or depression that comes in when u get here due to no social life. Nobody to check on you and relate with. Staying indoors because weather is messed up. Lonely life can mess u up but if you are used to rich life u will think it's not worth it. I make more than my month pay in Nigeria in a day here. Truth is UK, Canada is much better than Nigeria if u are not lazy. Infact truth is naija no worth am. If I do the years way I wasted in Nigeria in the UK I go don dey reach adenuga for wealth but abroad is not for everyone. So bro either u accept the reality or go back but truth is it's from fry pan to fire. Na naija u go see the depression when u return and face the opposite of what u used to enjoy in Canada. Me I can't survive two weeks in naija

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Sweetvie: 6:46pm On Apr 09, 2023
I don't know why people travel abroad with little or no money. Abroad is not all el dorado, you got to work and pay for everything.
Some are going for 2years program and don't even have the first year tuition fees... How are you going to cope in a new country that you don't even know what the future holds.
Anyways, that's a phase you'd expect as an international student. Just be patient, it's gonna get better with time. You can as well look for another job.Try ur luck, you may be luckier than your friends.
Dual citizenship is the goal grin

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by maasoap(m): 6:51pm On Apr 09, 2023
This one has seen reality. Where are you guys, team "come back home and let me use your spot"?
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by YeyeGbami: 7:04pm On Apr 09, 2023
Bigcoconut

Don’t give up, i’m sure you’ve invested a lot on the trip. Keep trying, this tough time will pass.

Kpele.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Brush1: 7:28pm On Apr 09, 2023
Come back.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Sochieke: 7:35pm On Apr 09, 2023
Guys. I just came to Canada recently through study route. Which jobs are available to enable me work and study?. Why am I hearing I need certifications
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Seagodess(f): 7:36pm On Apr 09, 2023
Positiveme2020:

DM me, not for age reduction, but for other options.
i don't need other options.. just this thanks
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Seagodess(f): 7:37pm On Apr 09, 2023
post=122403013:

Which Part Of Edo State?
I be Benin babe o
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by dnawah(m): 7:37pm On Apr 09, 2023
Bigcoconut:
Hello, guys
I don't want to bore you guys with long epistle. Yes, as the title suggests.

I travelled to Canada through the study route this January but I can tell you for a fact that I'm already bored with this place.

I'm redoing a 2 year program that I have already concluded in Naija but just because I want japa, I redid it. But that's not the issue.

The issue is that I'm working in a company but the department I was posted to was a physical demanding one..

To the extent that if I work for a day, I feel pain all over my body for a week. And this is seriously affecting my education because anytime i go to work, i wouldn't have the energy to do anything again as i would be so weak. but i have to work because i have bills to pay.

Nobody send you for here except you want sleep for cold outside.

Even half of my salary goes in the form of settling bills.

The work makes me depressed. This is not what I bargained for. .

For me to raise money for my tuition fees and travel expenses, at least I wasn't doing bad in Nigeria before i left. In addition, I hardly have time for myself.

My situation is even better, most of people who we came same time haven't found jobs yet.

My thinking is if I should ask for refund of my remaining tuition fee and relocate back Naija, or go back Naija and take some courses online, as there seems to be an option for that.
man up, endure the pain.the same happened to me here,i left my job because of pain,now am jobless.hunger is my flat mate.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Positiveme2020: 7:38pm On Apr 09, 2023
Gerrard59:

Always check the registration date to know how long the moniker has been on Nairaland. Some of them (they've been caught) are people who have been repeatedly denied visa to foreign countries and are currently on the mission to dissuade, create cock and bull stories to paint the exodus in a bad light.

Yes, but they cannot discourage anyone who has the zeal to relocate and the financial capability to do so. I use myself as an example, I tried Canada visa 3 times and was refused but In the 4th application I got it. I will move by August

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Positiveme2020: 7:38pm On Apr 09, 2023
Seagodess:
i don't need other options.. just this thanks
Ok.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by maasoap(m): 7:49pm On Apr 09, 2023
Ablemed:
When I was telling one of my guy here ion believe in travelling abroad to have or live a better life, he thought I was speaking from the place of drunkenness.

I believe I will make it and I'll make it Big in Nigeria and only travel out for vacation, irrespective of whatsoever anyone got to say/think

Imagine me unable to raise around 400k (medicals, lottery fees, flight) for me and my wife to process our USA visa lottery that we won back in 2013!
I'm still in Nigeria and I know my income today without even putting in my time. Today, I will pass the opportunity to relocate abroad to my kids, not for me anymore.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Nobody: 7:55pm On Apr 09, 2023
Bigcoconut:
Hello, guys
I don't want to bore you guys with long epistle. Yes, as the title suggests.

I travelled to Canada through the study route this January but I can tell you for a fact that I'm already bored with this place.

I'm redoing a 2 year program that I have already concluded in Naija but just because I want japa, I redid it. But that's not the issue.

The issue is that I'm working in a company but the department I was posted to was a physical demanding one..

To the extent that if I work for a day, I feel pain all over my body for a week. And this is seriously affecting my education because anytime i go to work, i wouldn't have the energy to do anything again as i would be so weak. but i have to work because i have bills to pay.

Nobody send you for here except you want sleep for cold outside.

Even half of my salary goes in the form of settling bills.

The work makes me depressed. This is not what I bargained for. .

For me to raise money for my tuition fees and travel expenses, at least I wasn't doing bad in Nigeria before i left. In addition, I hardly have time for myself.

My situation is even better, most of people who we came same time haven't found jobs yet.

My thinking is if I should ask for refund of my remaining tuition fee and relocate back Naija, or go back Naija and take some courses online, as there seems to be an option for that.

You won’t be the first and last bro. Abroad is not for everyone. My brother’s neighbor just relocated back to naija with her daughter from uk after half semester in Birmingham university. She said she can’t cope with the stress. No be by force
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Ablemed: 7:56pm On Apr 09, 2023
Spiff20:
Your beliefs align with mine. People wey don make am for Naija no de reason Japa. All the big men I know in this life made it in Naija.

My friend's younger brother once chose the option of working remotely for Alphabet rather than relocating to the US, turns out that happen to be the best life option he made cuz those who chose to go to the U.S and he working in Nigeria get same pay. at 22years, Nigga has rebuilt their house, got their mom a car and is bout opening a shop for her. I think Nigerians talk down on Nigeria alot

3 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by tfelicityk(m): 7:59pm On Apr 09, 2023
labake1:

Please, how do one ask his/her head?
Simple
Pray to your Creator...
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by maasoap(m): 7:59pm On Apr 09, 2023
justwise:

Stories like this is far too common now, people leaving Nigeria with little or no money to survive abroad, then we have threads like this people complaining that abroad is hard and Nigeria is better but they will never book the next available flight back to Nigeria and allow us to hear word

It is a dilemma for them. They would have spent every kobo they had to get there. So, relocating is not an easy option for them even if they wanted to return. But the only thing is that, if they had known, they might not have taken that route.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

A Visit To Oniru Beach, Victoria Island, Lagos. / The New International Passport Will Commence On April 29 - Price & How To Apply / Asaba To Maiduguri Via Abuja By Road (live Update).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.