Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,175 members, 7,829,197 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada (66258 Views)

Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family / Planning Of Relocating From North To The South West. / Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by LagBlogger(m): 3:30pm On Apr 09, 2023
Seagodess:
You are very very mad sorry to say that.. And you sound very lazy.. sorry to Say that too. My neighbor left Nigeria to u.k February with her children.. she's doing care givers and last time we spoke.. she just complained about the hours she has to work but she said... my sister.. money dey Here if you no lazy.. so oga you are lazy.. very very lazy.. pls come back to Nigeria nonsense. Plz if you have anyone that can help me with age reduction before I register my nysc pls let's talk..I don't have waec just neco and All my documents are carrying age below 30 it was an error during jamb registration.. thanks

You're calling someone mad but see how you expressed yourself like a lunatic.

You're trying to forge documents to reduce age which is a crime and You're foolish enough to do so publicly.

Lunny, dully and silly.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by akin9ja78(m): 3:31pm On Apr 09, 2023
Please no matter what you are going through don't come back now until you are in your 60s I know how you feel but when you get to Nigeria you will still get even more bored. Hold on please I am begging you

Bigcoconut:
Hello, guys
I don't want to bore you guys with long epistle. Yes, as the title suggests.

I travelled to Canada through the study route this January but I can tell you for a fact that I'm already bored with this place.

I'm redoing a 2 year program that I have already concluded in Naija but just because I want japa, I redid it. But that's not the issue.

The issue is that I'm working in a company but the department I was posted to was a physical demanding one..

To the extent that if I work for a day, I feel pain all over my body for a week. And this is seriously affecting my education because anytime i go to work, i wouldn't have the energy to do anything again as i would be so weak. but i have to work because i have bills to pay.

Nobody send you for here except you want sleep for cold outside.

Even half of my salary goes in the form of settling bills.

The work makes me depressed. This is not what I bargained for. .

For me to raise money for my tuition fees and travel expenses, at least I wasn't doing bad in Nigeria before i left. In addition, I hardly have time for myself.

My situation is even better, most of people who we came same time haven't found jobs yet.

My thinking is if I should ask for refund of my remaining tuition fee and relocate back Naija, or go back Naija and take some courses online, as there seems to be an option for that.

3 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Raalsalghul: 3:35pm On Apr 09, 2023
Gerrard59:

Always check the registration date to know how long the moniker has been on Nairaland. Some of them (they've been caught) are people who have been repeatedly denied visa to foreign countries and are currently on the mission to dissuade, create cock and bull stories to paint the exodus in a bad light.

The Op is a paid government agent na.

Very soon that Sukkot's own thread will come to the front page.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by irijuola: 3:36pm On Apr 09, 2023
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Olumeme: 3:38pm On Apr 09, 2023
Is that job the last you can do? Why not look for another job that will be less physical?
If you decide to come back, you are highly welcome. You can actually make it anywhere.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by goslowgoslow(m): 3:40pm On Apr 09, 2023
coputa:
Where is safe.
No where is safe but some places are safer than others. My rich friend migrated to Ireland because he was almost kidnapped with his family.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by goslowgoslow(m): 3:40pm On Apr 09, 2023
Olumeme:
Is that job the last you can do? Why not look for another job that will be less physical?
If you decide to come back, you are highly welcome. You can actually make it anywhere.
Good advice.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by sukkot: 3:43pm On Apr 09, 2023
Raalsalghul:

The Op is a paid government agent na.

Very soon that Sukkot's own thread will come to the front page.
lol mods hate me here. They will never push my threads to front page

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Blurpy: 3:45pm On Apr 09, 2023
Good afternoon sir, I’d like to have a chat with you as regards practising pharmacy in the US. Thanks I really appreciate your response please. Happy Easter sir
IbeOkehie:

I know plenty of people arriving in my area of the USA with zero funds, nothing at all and in two, five to ten years, they're doing well, living a normal middle class life. Married with children, have jobs, cars and apartment or home, living not much differently from the average working class American.

Are these people super Nigerians or what?
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by MasterTeeUSA: 3:46pm On Apr 09, 2023
Before you JAPA, consider 3 things

1. Age...if you are young, you can endure and time is always on your side. Like Ogunde said, someone's head cannot have bad luck for 20yrs..you will get a break but if you are close to 40yrs or above, reconsider especially if the other two conditions don't favour you.

2. Heart - I really mean your heart. If your heart is not healthy, it will fail you. Even a healthy heart might end up hypertensive. The stress is of a different dimension. You will work for what you make and will need to work hard. In good jobs, you will always try to prove you are worthy. Relationship stress, financial stress...you might not even have time for exercise or working out so you need to start from a position of good heart. I am hesitant to file for families cos they are all older and I know they can't handle it no matter what. Even staying home doing nothing will stress you out because it's not easy to navigate simple things like going to church or going to places alone without money.

Brain - This is another factor most people don't consider. You will hear...you can always retrain for IT or Nursing...are you smart enough to do that? I know people that have changed careers from Nursing to Cyber security to Project Management depending on what is selling...they are smart and can adjust quickly. Can you go to school for a higher degree with less stress and little study? Relationship and marital issue will test you...can you start all over if you need to. Those that are stuck in "dirty jobs" or security for years didn't plan it that way. I've seen Pastors file for Bankruptcy and lose their houses...has nothing to do with religiosity.

If age is not on your side, you will put alot on your body and heart...if it fails, you will end up with worries which is your brain health...once that fails, you are walking dead and abroad has already finished you without you knowing.

Now to the person..if you are young...take medication and your body will adjust over time...make plans and think of the big picture but if you don't have the brain to make it through...doing the same thing and expecting different result is Insanity. This is why people go into drugs and fraud...they just can't deal with all these 3 factors.

- MasterTee

Bigcoconut:
Hello, guys

I travelled to Canada through the study route this January but I can tell you for a fact that I'm already bored with this place.

I'm redoing a 2 year program that I have already concluded in Naija but just because I want japa, I redid it. But that's not the issue.

The issue is that I'm working in a company but the department I was posted to was a physical demanding one..

To the extent that if I work for a day, I feel pain all over my body for a week. And this is seriously affecting my education because anytime i go to work, i wouldn't have the energy to do anything again as i would be so weak. but i have to work because i have bills to pay.

For me to raise money for my tuition fees and travel expenses, at least I wasn't doing bad in Nigeria before i left. In addition, I hardly have time for myself.

My situation is even better, most of people who we came same time haven't found jobs yet.

My thinking is if I should ask for refund of my remaining tuition fee and relocate back Naija, or go back Naija and take some courses online, as there seems to be an option for that.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by coputa(m): 3:48pm On Apr 09, 2023
goslowgoslow:

No where is safe but some places are safer than others. My rich friend migrated to Ireland because he was almost kidnapped with his family.
everyplace has it own share.In Nigeria now, you have to lie low in everything you do; where you live, the car you drive even the way you dress and socialize.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by SledgeHammerer: 3:49pm On Apr 09, 2023
Lazy thing!

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by ikorodureporta: 3:50pm On Apr 09, 2023
Bigcoconut:
Hello, guys

Socialize....meet people...join church, join red cross ..
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Earthquakes: 3:53pm On Apr 09, 2023
They told you how much you need for your education but you went and cook account balance now you have converted yourself to slavery.

That's apart, Canada is stressful as you have bills to pay, you don't run away because you have problems, you face them and get better.
If you are not motivated by the course you are studying knowing you will get a reasonable job after that then go home.
I am in Canada and I can tell you it's not as bad as you portray it.

2 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Iamzik: 3:56pm On Apr 09, 2023
Seagodess:
You are very very mad sorry to say that.. And you sound very lazy.. sorry to Say that too. My neighbor left Nigeria to u.k February with her children.. she's doing care givers and last time we spoke.. she just complained about the hours she has to work but she said... my sister.. money dey Here if you no lazy.. so oga you are lazy.. very very lazy.. pls come back to Nigeria nonsense. Plz if you have anyone that can help me with age reduction before I register my nysc pls let's talk..I don't have waec just neco and All my documents are carrying age below 30 it was an error during jamb registration.. thanks

This babe mean sha!
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by richard69(m): 3:57pm On Apr 09, 2023
You ought to have used your original moniker to post this epistle make we for see when you were running up and down on canadian student thread shouting "it will end in praise" E do end in praise now you dey complain. Come on get out of here!

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by akube34: 3:58pm On Apr 09, 2023
Seagodess:
why you Dey insult am
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by MasterTeeUSA: 3:58pm On Apr 09, 2023
You won't hear of stories of people collapsing and dying here. One of our church members died recently...he had his own business. Another one my age had massive stroke twice and still in rehabilitation. I know people at 40yrs or less than have concluded divorce proceedings and those currently undergoing with one spouse trying to harvest where she did not plant. Grown men with million dollar homes that had to squatter with friends because they were chased out...our people in jails looking for illegal means of making it. These stories don't make the news.

If you have JAPA already and need free advice...I can provide my own plans for you...it might be to prepare opportunities for your children, to live lean and invest in Nigeria to rest ..might be to consider career choices and so on...feel free to reach out to me...but definitely talk to people because depression is real and when you fail to prepare, you are preparing to fail.

Email me...we MUST support one another when we can

Bigcoconut:
Hello, guys

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by NaijaCover(m): 4:02pm On Apr 09, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:

Lol. I almost asked the same but didn’t want to sound tribalistic.

Talk To please
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Eastcoastboy(m): 4:07pm On Apr 09, 2023
theamazonguru:

Exactly my point on why almost everyone has become a YouTuber.
They ain't doing so outta ordinary eye unto say they want you to know very personal things about them. But they need to keep uploading contents so they can generate views that of course leads to collecting $$ from YouTube.

And if you care to know, depending on your niche YouTube pay $1 per thousand views.
So a content that manages to generate 1m views pays the content creator $100.
In reality that $100 na big money oh if you can get it, but how many indeed gets 1m views.

If it was that poor much people wouldn't be doing it.

Do you know how much a 1M naira views can get you?
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 09, 2023
IbeOkehie:

I know plenty of people arriving in my area of the USA with zero funds, nothing at all and in two, five to ten years, they're doing well, living a normal middle class life. Married with children, have jobs, cars and apartment or home, living not much differently from the average working class American.

Are these people super Nigerians or what?

I trust you 😆. You'll always have story of someone who arrive in Phoenix and start Making millions of dollars within two days. You'll even go ahead and uproot some research papers to back up your claims. I won't be surprised if you're on your way to find one Washington post that say no nigerian can be successful in Nigeria unless they come to America or that no nigerian Eran up to $20 per year. 😂

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by AllDModsAreMaad: 4:10pm On Apr 09, 2023
idu1:

I mean they have never done any hard job in their lives before. Suddenly they started working in a factory abroad. It won't be easy for them.

LOL, richness has level bro.

Moreover, maybe him people don taya to dey find the guy and they told him they won't bankroll him anymore after this travel.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Lekan239(m): 4:12pm On Apr 09, 2023
1MILLIONLiGHTS:
Abroad is not bad for everyone. There are people still enjoying those places . Just some lil time.
is Nigeria bad for everyone?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Gerrard59(m): 4:15pm On Apr 09, 2023
mployer:

Everyone isn't broke in Nigeria. Some people have such a rosy life here in naija that the Japa life you guys hype is more or less slavery to them.

If you are broke here, you have every reason to Japa

People earning 1M or even 3M have japa'd. The people who japa are not poor people. Emigrating is expensive, so I don't know why you think those who japa'd are poor. One girl don narrate how her family spent over 20 million to study in the UK. Is that a poor person? During my final year, one of my female friends got sponsored to Canada by her uncles with over 15 million spent on her head. Is that a poor person? I know how much was spent to process mine, and I don't come from a poor family.

Anyone who japa'd without selling an asset or owing anyone or organisation is not a poor person.

2 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 09, 2023
ednut1:
you have been making lots of ignorant statements about Canada i just dey look you. Trucking business in Canada is majorly Indian owned. Many of the drivers are Indians too. https://www.thecanadianbazaar.com/how-punjabis-came-to-dominate-trucking-industry-in-canada/
The usa you mentioned earlier what is the pathway to get green card if not marriage. Where as Canada getting permanent residency after studying is clear and easier.

Marriage isn't the only route but it's the only route that is guaranteed. The other route is H1B. But it's looking like a scam these days. So, we can just say marriage is the only route. And in fact, the marriage route isn't also guaranteed these days as live scam is rampant. I wonder how you'll convince a passport holder that you truly love her without you also having your own papers.

Canada seem to be the preferred choice but most people are blind thinking they won't earn better in Canada

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Originalsly: 4:18pm On Apr 09, 2023
Omoawoke:

Before you type, try to read and comprehend first.

grin ... you sooo smooth! .... serving sniper flooded with honey!
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by kabukabu50(m): 4:18pm On Apr 09, 2023
Every single post about traveling abroad is filled with 90% of people who have never left their small village or town throwing around useless opinions.

If you have zero travel experience

Or you hear from your neighbor or distant cousins

Or your only experience is getting rejected at the embassy or deported keep your opinions to yourself.

There is a reason your wealthy and politicians send their children to school here and come here for medical treatment.

There is a reason why Nigerian communities in the US and all over the West are some of the most successful in the world.

If you have the ability to travel legally and are a hardworking determined person,you will succeed abroad.

If you're travelling with no legal documents,are a fraudster,have no work ethic and lack drive whatsoever then your probably going to fail.

Your foundation is what will be the difference maker.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Seagodess(f): 4:23pm On Apr 09, 2023
Aboguede:
Yes, we can do the change

drop ur contact pls
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Yampotatocarrot(m): 4:23pm On Apr 09, 2023
Ablemed:
When I was telling one of my guy here ion believe in travelling abroad to have or live a better life, he thought I was speaking from the place of drunkenness.

I believe I will make it and I'll make it Big in Nigeria and only travel out for vacation, irrespective of whatsoever anyone got to say/think

Lol, on a light note, na so you dey drink reach, for him to think you were drunk while talking?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

The New Trains That Will Be Used For Lagos-Ibadan Railway And Their Specs / There Are Only Four Passport Colors In The World, And This Is The Reason Why / Nairalander Meets Only Surviving Twin Saved By Mary Slessor Over 100 Years Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.