Stats: 3,158,425 members, 7,836,697 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada (66388 Views)

Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family / Planning Of Relocating From North To The South West. / Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by goslowgoslow(m): 2:38pm On Apr 09, 2023
juman:
Go back now if you know you were doing well in nigeria. To avoid regret in future.
Japa is for we the poor people not persons that are doing well.
Japa is not only for people who are not doing well, some people japa for some other reasons especially security.

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by coputa(m): 2:39pm On Apr 09, 2023
This guy is among the 1% that tell others back home the truth about working and studying abroad.
The other 99% feign good life so as to impress others back home.Staying abroad is not as rosy as it is being portrayed.expecially as an adult,it is not easy to acclimatize

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Seagodess(f): 2:40pm On Apr 09, 2023
caandi:
Oloun chai u don see something
Babes do you know how much dey will pay you for same position if it see to be there? Overseas
U go don turn her excellency by now for naija
Make op they play mtcheeew
I tell you.. even if na to pack sheet.. make my phone dey beep alert i no Care..I don see life my dear.. no where I no fit survive

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Seagodess(f): 2:40pm On Apr 09, 2023
coputa:
This guy is among the 1% that tell others back home the truth about working and studying abroad.
The other 99% feign good life so as to impress others back home.Staying abroad is not as rosy as it is being portrayed.expecially as an adult,it is not easy to acclimatize

they should come back.. nonsense
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 2:40pm On Apr 09, 2023
Seagodess:
You are very very mad sorry to say that.. And you sound very lazy.. sorry to Say that too. My neighbor left Nigeria to u.k February with her children.. she's doing care givers and last time we spoke.. she just complained about the hours she has to work but she said... my sister.. money dey Here if you no lazy.. so oga you are lazy.. very very lazy.. pls come back to Nigeria nonsense.
facts o. I’m in aberdeen and as I de I de find more hours to work because the more hours you work, the more money you make. All i do is work 3 hrs daily and at the end of the month, less than half of what I make goes into rent and energy bills, 150 pounds goes to stocking up for the month, 104 pounds goes for bus ticket for the month and i have excess of about 250-300 pounds( basically in naira about 300k currently) to save. Na who no work for naija de complain. Na who lazy no de see money.

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by AllKnowing: 2:41pm On Apr 09, 2023
Bigcoconut:
Hello, guys
I don't want to bore you guys with long epistle. Yes, as the title suggests.

I travelled to Canada through the study route this January but I can tell you for a fact that I'm already bored with this place.

I'm redoing a 2 year program that I have already concluded in Naija but just because I want japa, I redid it. But that's not the issue.

The issue is that I'm working in a company but the department I was posted to was a physical demanding one..

To the extent that if I work for a day, I feel pain all over my body for a week. And this is seriously affecting my education because anytime i go to work, i wouldn't have the energy to do anything again as i would be so weak. but i have to work because i have bills to pay.

Nobody send you for here except you want sleep for cold outside.

Even half of my salary goes in the form of settling bills.

The work makes me depressed. This is not what I bargained for. .

For me to raise money for my tuition fees and travel expenses, at least I wasn't doing bad in Nigeria before i left. In addition, I hardly have time for myself.

My situation is even better, most of people who we came same time haven't found jobs yet.

My thinking is if I should ask for refund of my remaining tuition fee and relocate back Naija, or go back Naija and take some courses online, as there seems to be an option for that.

You may not see this but it’s Sunday today and I woke up feeling the same way as you. Now that I look at it, my “situation” isn’t as bad as yours. Yet still, there’s this thing about our brains which makes us forget the things we truly have. The things we should be grateful for.

You’re here in Canada.
You’ve got a job.
You can save at least 10% of your income.
You can go out of your house and meet white folks who know their way around Canada.
You can be anyone you DECIDE to be in two or three years.
You can practice GRATITUDE only for today Sunday.
You can take $55 and get a membership at a local gym right around the block.

Stop sulking, man! Go eat!

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by coputa(m): 2:41pm On Apr 09, 2023
goslowgoslow:

Japa is not only for people who are not doing well, some people japa for some other reasons especially security.
Where is safe.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by kettykin: 2:41pm On Apr 09, 2023
Could this be reno omokri?
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Seagodess(f): 2:42pm On Apr 09, 2023
INDUSTRIALFAN:
facts o. I’m in aberdeen and as I de I de find more hours to work because the more hours you work, the more money you make. All i do is work 3 hrs daily and at the end of the month, less than half of what I make goes into rent and energy bills, 150 pounds goes to stocking up for the month, 104 pounds goes for bus ticket for the month and i have excess of about 250-300 pounds( basically in naira about 300k currently) to save. Na who no work for naija de complain. Na who lazy no de see money.
you see... that guy just lazy..he dey waste space wey people like me dey find
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Mom007(f): 2:42pm On Apr 09, 2023
All I can say is this, if you have a good thing going in Nigeria, do not sell it all and throw away just to relocate to the UK or canada. You may be singing the same song this guy is singing before long. If you know you are coming to UK to hustle then roll up your sleeves and see the first few years as your time in the so called trenches. A lot of people who gave up good jobs and sold houses to come here are in shock now that they see that their fancy qualifications and CVs are being used to get factory jobs and cleaning jobs in UK and Canada. In any case, always pray and seek spiritual direction before taking such a huge decision. Because you can afford to do something doesn't mean you should.
Dear op, don't mind these bitter people spilling vitriol on your post. You didnt borrow their money to get to where you are and thus you don't need their permission to leave if you so desire. You wear the shoes and know where it pinches. If you feel you can still salvage something of your life in Nigeria and are absolutely sure you cannot bear the Canada thing at least until you are done with school and your schedule frees up abit, then do the needful.
I wish you the best.

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by luckize: 2:43pm On Apr 09, 2023
Stay there and complete your studies. Village people don dey whisper into your ears so ooooo.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by mercysamuelson(m): 2:43pm On Apr 09, 2023
1Sharon

You might just set a new precedent.

Then again you might need more time to adapt 5-10yrs

Then again i feel America is the best place for japarains. Semi skilled workers like hairdressers, truck drivers make alot of money.

Yes, here in the US, jobs are available if you want to work even with your high school certificate or with no school certificate. Just be sure you have your genuine documents and your work permit. Not talking about those with visit visa o. You'll be amaze at the amount you'll be receiving at every payday even when you're paying high Bill's.

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Risingsunn: 2:44pm On Apr 09, 2023
It's obvious you were never a hustler when you were in Nigeria. You got everything easily. Now you are abroad where you have to work your ass out to pay bills, the matter come dey taya you.

Stop complaining and learn to hustle. I know many people in that same Canada doing great.

Laziness does not pay.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by MT: 2:45pm On Apr 09, 2023
Seagodess:
You are very very mad sorry to say that.. And you sound very lazy.. sorry to Say that too. My neighbor left Nigeria to u.k February with her children.. she's doing care givers and last time we spoke.. she just complained about the hours she has to work but she said... my sister.. money dey Here if you no lazy.. so oga you are lazy.. very very lazy.. pls come back to Nigeria nonsense. Plz if you have anyone that can help me with age reduction before I register my nysc pls let's talk..I don't have waec just neco and All my documents are carrying age below 30 it was an error during jamb registration.. thanks

Money dey everywhere in all part of the globe.

Two things are just prerequisites BEFORE you can lay claims to the golden key that opens the door :

1. Your legal permit in the country.
2. The values you possess. Are they much sought after values.

If you don't have both as stated above, you might be building a house in Nigeria, but you know truthfully you are living below the poverty line where you live and slaving away!

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Risingsunn: 2:46pm On Apr 09, 2023
luckize:
Stay there and complete your studies. Village people don dey whisper into your ears so ooooo.

Don't mind him. These lazy children. They can't cope outside Nigeria.

Everything Na free for them here
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 2:46pm On Apr 09, 2023
Seagodess:
you see... that guy just lazy..he dey waste space wey people like me dey find
I wonder what sort of job he does that his body aches for long seeing that the whites have devised means to take stress off the body as much as possible. Alot of times I’d see certain jobs and start laughing because if it were in Nigeria, body go tell you but here, they have machines for almost every thing just to ease stress on the body.

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by InvertedHammer: 2:46pm On Apr 09, 2023
Bigcoconut:
Hello, guys

I travelled to Canada through the study route this January but I can tell you for a fact that I'm already bored with this place.

I'm redoing a 2 year program that I have already concluded in Naija but just because I want japa, I redid it. But that's not the issue.

The issue is that I'm working in a company but the department I was posted to was a physical demanding one..

To the extent that if I work for a day, I feel pain all over my body for a week. And this is seriously affecting my education because anytime i go to work, i wouldn't have the energy to do anything again as i would be so weak. but i have to work because i have bills to pay.

For me to raise money for my tuition fees and travel expenses, at least I wasn't doing bad in Nigeria before i left. In addition, I hardly have time for myself.

My situation is even better, most of people who we came same time haven't found jobs yet.

My thinking is if I should ask for refund of my remaining tuition fee and relocate back Naija, or go back Naija and take some courses online, as there seems to be an option for that.
/
Hustling abroad will be very difficult if you are already living comfortably in Nigeria. You bought into the hype. You must give yourself at least two years before things start making sense to you. Apart from nice buildings and clean environment, you will work like a horse more than in Nigeria to survive.

/

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by just4fun(m): 2:46pm On Apr 09, 2023
The truth which I keep telling myself is that if I must travel abroad, then it will be either by invitation or for leisure. I don't see myself settling there permanently, Naija 4 life, abroad for pleasure..

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by press9jatv: 2:47pm On Apr 09, 2023
The same Canada Nigerians are working hard to travel for studying and comfort, this one is complaining. Abeg you are lazy as someone said. Why can’t search for another job and keep on managing till you find a comfortable job in Canada. Coming back isn’t good too. Endure the pain and keep on working. You don’t know millions of people can learn from your story. Canada is still much preferable than UK pepos really rushing to.

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by AdisaOwala: 2:47pm On Apr 09, 2023
bigtt76:
Toh.... POF wahala 🤣🤣🤣

OP look for online remote customer care jobs. You're better placed than many back home to score these jobs. Don't give up 💪🏾

Titilayo angry
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by CodeTemplar: 2:48pm On Apr 09, 2023
Tadadobe:

Watch them storming this place trying to discredit this guy's frustration as "stop discouraging people from going abroad". People don't discuss what they're going through in abroad because they're scared of being judged. Nigerians will tell such person that he's where they're slaving hard to come and he dare complain
Africans are like that. They don't want to hear the truth and see any word of caution as discouragement or even hatred. The one who see danger hardly alert others but allow them fall into same trap so they can become brethren in mystery.

If you are overweight, look for office job. I can't imagine what will make someone work for one day and have body pain for many days. The OP is not telling us something.

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by poseidon12: 2:48pm On Apr 09, 2023
MrDoGood:

In Canada too. But Indians full that sector and they help each other

Are Indians really into hairdressing and truck driving in Canada?? I'll be surprised.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Dave2011: 2:49pm On Apr 09, 2023
Bigcoconut:
Hello, guys

It's obvious that your village people are still at work in your life! Stay in Canada, It's a million times better out there!
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Litmus: 2:50pm On Apr 09, 2023
When you inform Nigerians that abroad isn't the paradise that many with ulterior motives and some with innocent intentions tell them that it is, Nigerians often respond resentfully. Perhaps informing Nigerians that Abroad and Nigeria represent similar levels of difficulties but different types may help. For instance, using the following extreme scenarios as examples: struggling to survive on the streets of towns and cities without help or job, harassed by police and unsympathetic authority represent one type of difficulty Versus surviving life imprisonment in a large jail where you are provided with roof, three square meals, opportunities to learn trade and only need to contend with warders, other inmates. prison authority regime and boredom of incarceration. The former is like Nigeria and the latter is like the West.

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by tshtsh: 2:50pm On Apr 09, 2023
Bigcoconut:
Hello, guys

I believe you raised enough money for your studies and got a study visa based on that merit. Why the need to work in the cold ? Regarding money I believe you can make money anywhere (Canada, Nigeria , Sudan, Thailand, India….)thus I don’t get why people spend so much to move to Canada hoping to make it big here
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by occfx: 2:51pm On Apr 09, 2023
Bigcoconut:
Hello, guys

Wait till court decides the fate of Nigerians... If a drug lord assumes of office, think twice. Find driving work, I think it's easy to get, even if it's taxi or airport loaders. Fulani janjaweeddds are cutting people into pieces here and they infiltrated the south, everyone dey find way you wan come enter. Wait small first. I know one major thing you miss is our cheap big nyash babes and correct food... Hold on first, they no dey run.

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by tfelicityk(m): 2:51pm On Apr 09, 2023
You supposed asked your head if that place is meant for you...
No place like home...
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Limassol(m): 2:54pm On Apr 09, 2023
justwise:
[b]

Stories like this is far too common now, people leaving Nigeria with little or no money to survive abroad, then we have threads like this people complaining that abroad is hard and Nigeria is better but they will never book the next available flight back to Nigeria and allow us to hear word

That alone tells you something.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by juman(m): 2:55pm On Apr 09, 2023
goslowgoslow:

I have seen cases where some nigerians applied for asylum in european country on the basis of security reason.
The country authority said security in nigeria was better than their country.
They told them to move to the safe side in the southern nigeria.

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Adonis20: 2:55pm On Apr 09, 2023
The Canadian dream doesn't come overnight.if the job is too physically demanding for u,there is an option in the service sector. It's Only Kingdom of God that you can have everything you want without stress.No place on earth us perfect Every country media-packages .So if you stay on .the Canadian dream will come.Every thought about going back at a point.Wishing you luck .
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by nonhuman(m): 2:55pm On Apr 09, 2023
The simple truth is that you see those guys who made money abroad and come back as money bags didn't look for job like, believe it or not you cannot make it legit as an African overseas, this is 85% true

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by tete7000(m): 2:55pm On Apr 09, 2023
The error in many people's thinking is in feeling that once you leave Nigerian you won't need to struggle. Anywhere you go in life, there is always need to work to earn money. Earlier people realise that, the better for them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

The New Abuja-Kaduna Train/Railway Station: See The Beauty And Comfort (video) / Nairalander Meets Only Surviving Twin Saved By Mary Slessor Over 100 Years Ago / Which Visa Is Easy For Nigerians To Get In 2023

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85