Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,353 members, 7,836,446 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada (66385 Views)

Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family / Planning Of Relocating From North To The South West. / Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Nyanabo(m): 2:55pm On Apr 09, 2023
Sir, persevere a little bit more please. The beginning of everything is very hard. You aim is to get that PR. It would be very bearable after you get that PR.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Pakwel(m): 2:57pm On Apr 09, 2023
Bigcoconut:
Hello, guys
I don't want to bore you guys with long epistle. Yes, as the title suggests.

I travelled to Canada through the study route this January but I can tell you for a fact that I'm already bored with this place.

I'm redoing a 2 year program that I have already concluded in Naija but just because I want japa, I redid it. But that's not the issue.

The issue is that I'm working in a company but the department I was posted to was a physical demanding one..

To the extent that if I work for a day, I feel pain all over my body for a week. And this is seriously affecting my education because anytime i go to work, i wouldn't have the energy to do anything again as i would be so weak. but i have to work because i have bills to pay.

Nobody send you for here except you want sleep for cold outside.

Even half of my salary goes in the form of settling bills.

The work makes me depressed. This is not what I bargained for. .

For me to raise money for my tuition fees and travel expenses, at least I wasn't doing bad in Nigeria before i left. In addition, I hardly have time for myself.

My situation is even better, most of people who we came same time haven't found jobs yet.

My thinking is if I should ask for refund of my remaining tuition fee and relocate back Naija, or go back Naija and take some courses online, as there seems to be an option for that.

See talk oh. So cos you can't bare it. You want others to listen to you and not follow their dreams. My fried close your mouth. Like you didn't know your job discription before you started
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by flokii: 2:57pm On Apr 09, 2023
So many japa geng are returning home by themselves.. if cold.no finish you, depression or boredom will set in.
No place like home.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by timilehyin01(m): 2:59pm On Apr 09, 2023
Bigcoconut:
Hello, guys

I travelled to Canada through the study route this January but I can tell you for a fact that I'm already bored with this place.

I'm redoing a 2 year program that I have already concluded in Naija but just because I want japa, I redid it. But that's not the issue.

The issue is that I'm working in a company but the department I was posted to was a physical demanding one..

To the extent that if I work for a day, I feel pain all over my body for a week. And this is seriously affecting my education because anytime i go to work, i wouldn't have the energy to do anything again as i would be so weak. but i have to work because i have bills to pay.

For me to raise money for my tuition fees and travel expenses, at least I wasn't doing bad in Nigeria before i left. In addition, I hardly have time for myself.

My situation is even better, most of people who we came same time haven't found jobs yet.

My thinking is if I should ask for refund of my remaining tuition fee and relocate back Naija, or go back Naija and take some courses online, as there seems to be an option for that.

Typical Nigerian Man..Always wanting to reap without sowing..You got d opportunity to ja and u are saying half ur wages is going to bills.One thing u shld know is that b4 any1 can make it overseas,u need time.. The longer u stay d better the opportunities

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by STENON(f): 3:00pm On Apr 09, 2023
justwise:

This is what happens when you cheat yourself during visa application and claimed that you have the money to see yourself through your studies.
I was actually on the look out for your comment cheesy cheesy
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Ifyok50(m): 3:00pm On Apr 09, 2023
Bro, pls don't give up oo.
Las Las, you go dey alryt.

Don't come back oo because of work-related stress. You go still see the light at the end of the day.

May God help you.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by ednut1(m): 3:01pm On Apr 09, 2023
poseidon12:

Are Indians really into hairdressing and truck driving in Canada?? I'll be surprised.
you have been making lots of ignorant statements about Canada i just dey look you. Trucking business in Canada is majorly Indian owned. Many of the drivers are Indians too. https://www.thecanadianbazaar.com/how-punjabis-came-to-dominate-trucking-industry-in-canada/
The usa you mentioned earlier what is the pathway to get green card if not marriage. Where as Canada getting permanent residency after studying is clear and easier.

2 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by flokii: 3:01pm On Apr 09, 2023
Ablemed:
When I was telling one of my guy here ion believe in travelling abroad to have or live a better life, he thought I was speaking from the place of drunkenness.

I believe I will make it and I'll make it Big in Nigeria and only travel out for vacation, irrespective of whatsoever anyone got to say/think

You're not alone.. vacation abroad is cool and fine with moi but permanent relocation? mba.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by bukatyne(f): 3:02pm On Apr 09, 2023
juman:

I have seen cases where some nigerians applied for asylum in european country on the basis of security reason.
The country authority said security in nigeria was better than their country.
They told them to move to the safe side in the southern nigeria.

😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by MuMuOnBail: 3:02pm On Apr 09, 2023
na wa oooo

Boss. I did it and you can also do it and that was the best decision in my life.

But my wife (Medical Doctor) and kids are still abroad.

My school mate relocated just last month back to Nigeria from the U.K. after 10years

He said I quote "He was not living in the UK but he was surviving the UK"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Onyipk: 3:03pm On Apr 09, 2023
Why don't you apply for another job or let your employers know that that department is taking a toll on your health?

Otherwise, I wish you a SAFE PASSAGE HOME AFTERALL, EAST OR WEST, HOME IS THE BEST!

BON VOYAGE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by viodemus: 3:07pm On Apr 09, 2023
people are making me laugh with "get remote job". OP, if you are not in the computer tech world or a demanding consultant or even a demanding 419er, don't put your trust in remote job. You will work more and earn even less.

Just work through your pain. Finish your studies so that you can work with the familiar terminologies that you learnt about; and if not satisfactory, can give you the motivation to learn a skill you feel will help you better.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by BidenDTrounced: 3:07pm On Apr 09, 2023
Bigcoconut:
Hello, guys

We're in the same boat.
I'm also trying to come back home. Just waiting for my travel docs.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Maj196(m): 3:08pm On Apr 09, 2023
Japa is just another modern slavery, if you're fine in Nigeria I don't see the need to slave yourself to the whites. Go for a vacation and come back

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by hardbody: 3:09pm On Apr 09, 2023
Bigcoconut:
Hello, guys

Please show us by reference where you specifically sought our opinion before leaving Nigeria. If you did not seek our opinion, then reach out to those that advised you and get their further advise on next steps. Leave us out of your unilateral decisions and choices.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Seagodess(f): 3:09pm On Apr 09, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:

What’s your problem? Are you okay at all? Can you not pass down your narrative without being salty and rude? Let’s see what your kind has to offer if you are in his shoes. It’s easier to give advice and condemn when it’s not you.
Nigeria is not good.. abroad is bad.. this and that

He should come home
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by sisisioge: 3:13pm On Apr 09, 2023
Better to return to Nigeria. I think they can refund the remaining tuition fees.
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Rawcalculus: 3:16pm On Apr 09, 2023
Truly, I think I understand your plight! However, you seems not having enough determination due to your unpreparedness before travelling abroad.

I am happy to inform you that I relocated to Canada last year through study route as well.

I won’t lie that, I once felt almost the same way you felt! But not to go back home though!!

My determination and God has brought me this far.. I am studying computer programming in one of the most demanding College, in term of deliverables in Canada.

Can you imagine combining such a very demanding course with working!! I can tell you, it is extremely crazy!!!!

However, I have been overwhelmed couple of times, but I must keep going. I was able to raise my school fees and paid instalment.

One thing you must understand, is that… you owns and determine your future.

How many work dey give you up to 1.5m per month in Naija?!

I may advise you to go for a less demanding 1 year course, while got yourself a bit less stressful job as well.

I wish you well man… guys are doing well here.

I submit
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by kunkelhanspeter(m): 3:17pm On Apr 09, 2023
justwise:
[b]

How did you arrive at that conclusion?
Japa to USA , uk and Canada is not meant for the poor or even average Nigerians .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by lesson44: 3:17pm On Apr 09, 2023
First off, living in a foreign country is not for everyone.
Trust me, whatever you are going through now is normal. I call it, paying your due. We all went through it. I went from being international business man in November of that year , to washing plates in a kitchen by March the following year, when I migrated to the US. But today, I own my business, probably making more money that the restaurant owner that I washing plates.
It up to you to decide , whether to go through this process or quit.

3 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by goslowgoslow(m): 3:22pm On Apr 09, 2023
juman:

I have seen cases where some nigerians applied for asylum in european country on the basis of security reason.
The country authority said security in nigeria was better than their country.
They told them to move to the safe side in the southern nigeria.
LMAO.. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by bluestone2015: 3:25pm On Apr 09, 2023
Stop discouraging people. When you come into a country you look for what they need and adjust to it.
Change your course to one year personal support worker program. You'll get job easily in this area while still studying.
Continue in it until you can get your dream job. The job is not so stressful and you have options to choose from.

Are there not many unemployed graduates in Nigeria?
The story is the same. If you study medicine, nursing, education and certain IT courses in Nigeria jobs will be chasing you.
If you study some other courses, you'll not find a job in years.

Switch to healthcare and thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by akinwale701(m): 3:27pm On Apr 09, 2023
Ablemed:
When I was telling one of my guy here ion believe in travelling abroad to have or live a better life, he thought I was speaking from the place of drunkenness.

I believe I will make it and I'll make it Big in Nigeria and only travel out for vacation, irrespective of whatsoever anyone got to say/think

I've always said this to desperate people.

I love your words. You're my kind of person

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Raalsalghul: 3:28pm On Apr 09, 2023
Don't you know where to book the next flight Op? undecided
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by BigBashiru: 3:28pm On Apr 09, 2023
flokii:

You're not alone.. vacation abroad is cool and fine with moi but permanent relocation? mba.

Go and read stories of how accident victims die in Nigeria after being "rejected" by several hospitals and how doctors are always making mistakes leading to the death of patients....if you are staying in Nigeria how do you manage the health Aspect
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Exodus2023: 3:28pm On Apr 09, 2023
U, thinking of coming back to Nigeria? In this Apc regime?
E no go better for village people.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by bonnyhope: 3:28pm On Apr 09, 2023
Bigcoconut:
Hello, guys

Story teller

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by mauchiz: 3:29pm On Apr 09, 2023
My advice,if you don't have medical issues,keep doing the job,with time ur body will adjust.
You will thank me later,am a female electromechanical technician,when I traveled,they put me in a hard team,the Job there was very physical,but I kept pushing,until I got used to it,before we were all layed off.

Don't worry,ur body will adjust,if a woman can assemble drilling tools,why cant you?

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Jadeng: 3:29pm On Apr 09, 2023
mastermaestro:

Life was obviously 'soft' for him back in Naija. Dude mentioned it in his story. Nor be everybody dey suffer for here o. If you are rightly plugged in here, to travel abroad na suffer head o. grin

My brother, quit looking for comfort zone.... the grind is real everywhere.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

The New Abuja-Kaduna Train/Railway Station: See The Beauty And Comfort (video) / Nairalander Meets Only Surviving Twin Saved By Mary Slessor Over 100 Years Ago / Which Visa Is Easy For Nigerians To Get In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.