Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,417 members, 7,850,475 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:16 PM

Is It Right - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right (756 Views)

Is It Right To UnCloth In Front Of Ur Siblings? / Is It Right To Date Your Friend's Ex-girlfriend Or Boyfriend? / Is It Right To Marry Your Friend's Ex? Can You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right by sollybabe: 9:20am On Sep 21, 2011
Pls i need help to mąkę a decision. I Just meet guy, he does not know my płace yet bt he is willing to pay for my flight to where he stay (we are going to meet d 1st time face to face) . I Dnt really mind bt i Dnt want to look cheap or sound desperate becos where i come from it is a guy dat 1st visit a lady. Pls i need advice, should i go or nt
Re: Is It Right by duchess4: 9:29am On Sep 21, 2011
My dear, there is nothing desperate or cheap about you going to meet a guy for the first time as long as you stay true to yourself, regardless of

what his intentions are for that first date. If he just wants to meet you and get to know the physical you with no other "SILLY" intentions in mind,

then go for it but if the reverse is the case lipsrsealed, then i advise you make sure

you have a plan B incase you need to make a quick getaway in the middle of

the night grin
Re: Is It Right by tellwisdom: 12:59pm On Sep 21, 2011
sad sad You see naija gurls mentality. Una don finish sad sad sad and im sure, you never enter plane before for your life, U come here dey pretend, u wey go soon carry your ghanamustgo Bag move now angry angry
Re: Is It Right by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 21, 2011
I believe you are old enough to make your own decisions! There's no hard and fast rule on whether is right on wrong! If you want to go, GO! All the same you have to be very cautious at all times! Follow your conscience in this regard, cos like you said: "I Dnt really mind bt i Dnt want to look cheap or sound desperate becos where i come from it is a guy dat 1st visit a lady." If that is the case, it's all up to you, cos you already have an idea of what to do! Dont rely on any advice given to you here on that regard! But if you were my blood sister, i'd advise you not to go! Even if i say that to you here, i dont own you, i dont rule you, i dont dictate for you what is right or wrong. Neither should you base what to do on my standards of what is right or wrong! I only hope whatever decision you finally take, works out in your best interest! Cheerz!
Re: Is It Right by sollybabe: 2:34pm On Sep 21, 2011
@ tellwisdom, u Dnt need to he nasty. If u want to give advice do So instead of all dis nonsense. 4 ur information, i entered plane from naija to u.k.

@sexkillz, Thanks 4 ur advice. Am really grateful. Will think about it very well.
Re: Is It Right by kemmeye: 2:40pm On Sep 21, 2011
im scared for you are you sure he's not trying to traffick you. idk just let people know where the place is and no i dont think its bad that you're goin to meet him but if you decide to do him that same day you might seem cheap but u're pretty much good. just be careful smiley
Re: Is It Right by sollybabe: 2:47pm On Sep 21, 2011
@kemmeye, Thanks
Re: Is It Right by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 21, 2011
@poster
before we can advise you, there are few questions that needs to be answered:
- how long have you known this person?
- what do you know about this person?
- what do you want from this guy?
- do you have this person's contacts CONFIRMED (aka address, place of work, family contact etc)
- why are you going to meet him?
- why cant he come to where you are?

now if you are going to go then i suggest:
- YOU pay for a hotel room (with your own money) so that you have a safe place to stay.
- you should first meet this guy in a PUBLIC PLACE.
- if ANYTHING isnt right, you get the hell out!!!
- if you can, you bring someone that you trust to the first meeting.
- you take a few pictures of this guy AND send them to a trusted friend.
- you spend TIME figuring out if that guy is the way he claimed to be online.
- you dont drink/eat anything that you are not sure of its content.

BETTER BE SAFE THAN SORRY!!!!
Re: Is It Right by tellwisdom: 11:56pm On Sep 21, 2011
@ tellwisdom, u Dnt need to he nasty. If u want to give advice do So instead of all dis nonsense. 4 your information, i entered plane from naija to u.k

A question for you: Dem dish EBA inside plane? undecided undecided
Re: Is It Right by pendo89(f): 12:08am On Sep 22, 2011
very good tips MBJ.
Re: Is It Right by CalienteMi: 1:03am On Sep 22, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

@poster
before we can advise you, there are few questions that needs to be answered:
- how long have you known this person?
- what do you know about this person?
- what do you want from this guy?
- do you have this person's contacts CONFIRMED (aka address, place of work, family contact etc)
- why are you going to meet him?
- why cant he come to where you are?

now if you are going to go then i suggest:
- YOU pay for a hotel room (with your own money) so that you have a safe place to stay.
- you should first meet this guy in a PUBLIC PLACE.
- if ANYTHING isnt right, you get the hell out!!!
- if you can, you bring someone that you trust to the first meeting.
- you take a few pictures of this guy AND send them to a trusted friend.
- you spend TIME figuring out if that guy is the way he claimed to be online.
- you dont drink/eat anything that you are not sure of its content.

BETTER BE SAFE THAN SORRY!!!!

Great tips.

You need to do a sitcom for silly women. (I am not calling you silly OP)
Re: Is It Right by sollybabe: 4:12pm On Sep 22, 2011
Thanks to everyone for their advice and tips. I no what to do now.

(1) (Reply)

Is She Cheating On Me / The Journal Of A Love-stricken Teen / Valentine Is Overated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.