Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,082 members, 7,852,673 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:36 PM

Why Do Men Agree To This Nonsense Arrangement? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Men Agree To This Nonsense Arrangement? (7106 Views)

My Boss Sacked Me Because Of This Nonsense / Infidelity: Two Kenyan Men Agree To Exchange Their Wives As Settlement / Guys When They Are Toasting you Vs Guys When You Agree To Date Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Men Agree To This Nonsense Arrangement? by Kobojunkie: 9:05pm On Apr 13, 2023
achorladey:
■ Have you taken a look at this from this angle based on the below...... Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ grin grin grin
1. Let's be reasonable here, shall we?

■ Majority of Nigerians do not concern themselves about Jesus Christ when thinking of marriage as they are instead filled with traditional ideas of what they want and how they can achieve it
■ The Law of Jesus Christ pertains to how we treat everybody we meet, and not simply those we are in a marriage with. I am not certain you realize it but most Nigerian couples believe marriage means cutting themselves off — their women in particular — from everyone else except their spouse and children. Whereas Jesus Christ commands that those who would follow Him abandon their father, mother, wife, children, friends, etc., in order to become worthy of Him - Matthew 10 vs 34 - 39. These are completely different poles we have here. undecided
Re: Why Do Men Agree To This Nonsense Arrangement? by OFAIKGROUPS(m): 9:07pm On Apr 13, 2023
Rokiat:
Because those men are actually smart and understand how a woman’s brain works. The moment a woman start contributing in the house she will now think she’s the leader of the home. Her respect for her husband will start to diminish this is just fact.

That is why a true masculine guy don’t care for a woman’s money what he want is a woman that will bring value to his home because when you as a man become too lazy as to depend on a woman to help you run your household financially one of two things happens

1 She lost total respect for you because now she feel she don’t actually need you. She will start undermining you, talking to you any kind of way thinking you both wear the pants in that relationship. Some men think they can cheat the system and just married and lash on a woman. I laugh grin the moment anything goes wrong the woman will be first to yell out all the things she’s doing, even if she only does 20% this is just how women are. They will subconsciously resent you because this is unnatural. The woman is not designed to be the leader, the provider, they are just not. So if you try to use her for that, guess what, you wouldn’t get the results you want, trust me on this. A man can be successful, provide for his family and not put it in nobody’s face what he’s doing because it is not that serious to him. This is what God designed him to be, but that’s not a woman’s God given role. God is a powerful force guys and you really can’t cheat divine order. And now we think we can rewrite the rules which is why most relationships are failing miserably.

2 She wouldn’t be able to pour into her house, her marriage, her children, and herself as she should because she will be spending more hours at work trying to help you contribute to the household it’s just impossible that she will give 100% to her home as she’s supposed to. This is why women don’t naturally make good leaders because they can’t do it all be a homemaker and then go to work and be a leader. That is why they become emotional in those leadership roles because they are overwhelmed. Don’t argue with me argue with your keypad.

A woman’s achievement and money don’t mean Shi..t to a real masculine man because he don’t need it. That don’t mean Shi..t to them. An uneducated woman who’s broke and never been to college don’t work but can cook, have good nurturing skills, a good mother, fine as hell, good in bed, will always get the better man than a woman who’s hella accomplished and is totally out of touch with her womanly side and roles.

You can’t cheat divine order. This whole switching of roles is the number one issues in relationships today.
That is why the west most of them have the highest divorce rate and hella unhappy in their relationships.

Beautifully and jondoe-esquely spelt out. So on point!
Are you an agbafian?
Re: Why Do Men Agree To This Nonsense Arrangement? by achorladey: 9:16pm On Apr 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Let's be reasonable here, shall we?

■ Majority of Nigerians do not concern themselves about Jesus Christ when thinking of marriage as they are instead filled with traditional ideas of what they want and how they can achieve it
■ The Law of Jesus Christ pertains to how we treat everybody we meet, and not simply those we are in a marriage with. I am not certain you realize it but most Nigerian couples believe marriage means cutting themselves off — their women in particular — from everyone else except their spouse and children. Whereas Jesus Christ commands that those who would follow Him abandon their father, mother, wife, children, friends, etc., in order to become worthy of Him - Matthew 10 vs 34 - 39. These are completely different poles we have here. undecided

Let's be reasonable

The creator and topic of this thread was meant for those interested to discuss and reason over it in the first place. Your let's be reasonable is grin grin

Majority of Nigerians do not concern themselves about Jesus Christ when thinking of marriage as they are instead filled with traditional ideas of what they want and how they can achieve it

Reality tells me those traditional ideas some of them originate from principles related or similar to Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

The Law of Jesus Christ pertains to how we treat everybody we meet, and not simply those we are in a marriage with.

Good apply it in marriage, others too not Christians are aware that when others need help when regarding their burden they can be source of help. All these are part of what some classify as NATIONAL VALUES grin

I am not certain you realize it but most Nigerian couples believe marriage means cutting themselves off — their women in particular — from everyone else except their spouse and children. Whereas Jesus Christ commands that those who would follow Him abandon their father, mother, wife, children, friends, etc., in order to become worthy of Him - Matthew 10 vs 34 - 39. These are completely different poles we have here

Statistics please
Re: Why Do Men Agree To This Nonsense Arrangement? by achorladey: 9:20pm On Apr 13, 2023
DMerciful:
A decent and well brought up woman will respect her husband, not because he bears 100% of the responsibilities but because of his leadership, wisdom, love for her and his discipline.

A man carrying 100% of the financial responsibility when his wife equally work is gross foolishness!

That one was talking about not cheating the DIVINE WILL.

They forgot the creator of the divine will states

Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Men Agree To This Nonsense Arrangement? by HellVictorinho6(m): 10:50pm On Apr 13, 2023
Queendera:
Lately men are complaining.

And seriously it's getting to me like never before.

I try to wrap my head around certain things and just couldn't understand it.

It's this issue of a wife working and not really contribute to the family.

How can you as a wife be working and somehow still feels only your husband should shoulder all the responsibilitis?

What exactly are you doing with your income if you are not spending it on your family?

Is marriage not supposed to be partnership?

It's one thing if the wife is not working but you are working and earning and yet only your husband is spending?

And you as a man, you are actually stup*d to allow such nonsense from your wife.

Gosh, some of you are so weak. Too weak I must say to give your wife such liberties.
can u find me a sugar mummy?
Re: Why Do Men Agree To This Nonsense Arrangement? by AndrewTate(m): 11:00pm On Apr 13, 2023
Rokiat:
Because those men are actually smart and understand how a woman’s brain works. The moment a woman start contributing in the house she will now think she’s the leader of the home. Her respect for her husband will start to diminish this is just fact.

That is why a true masculine guy don’t care for a woman’s money what he want is a woman that will bring value to his home because when you as a man become too lazy as to depend on a woman to help you run your household financially one of two things happens

1 She lost total respect for you because now she feel she don’t actually need you. She will start undermining you, talking to you any kind of way thinking you both wear the pants in that relationship. Some men think they can cheat the system and just married and lash on a woman. I laugh grin the moment anything goes wrong the woman will be first to yell out all the things she’s doing, even if she only does 20% this is just how women are. They will subconsciously resent you because this is unnatural. The woman is not designed to be the leader, the provider, they are just not. So if you try to use her for that, guess what, you wouldn’t get the results you want, trust me on this. A man can be successful, provide for his family and not put it in nobody’s face what he’s doing because it is not that serious to him. This is what God designed him to be, but that’s not a woman’s God given role. God is a powerful force guys and you really can’t cheat divine order. And now we think we can rewrite the rules which is why most relationships are failing miserably.

2 She wouldn’t be able to pour into her house, her marriage, her children, and herself as she should because she will be spending more hours at work trying to help you contribute to the household it’s just impossible that she will give 100% to her home as she’s supposed to. This is why women don’t naturally make good leaders because they can’t do it all be a homemaker and then go to work and be a leader. That is why they become emotional in those leadership roles because they are overwhelmed. Don’t argue with me argue with your keypad.

A woman’s achievement and money don’t mean Shi..t to a real masculine man because he don’t need it. That don’t mean Shi..t to them. An uneducated woman who’s broke and never been to college don’t work but can cook, have good nurturing skills, a good mother, fine as hell, good in bed, will always get the better man than a woman who’s hella accomplished and is totally out of touch with her womanly side and roles.

You can’t cheat divine order. This whole switching of roles is the number one issues in relationships today.
That is why the west most of them have the highest divorce rate and hella unhappy in their relationships.

I was going to type something then I read this post...💯💯

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men Agree To This Nonsense Arrangement? by livenija: 12:19am On Apr 14, 2023
Queendera:

How can you as a wife be working and somehow still feels only your husband should shoulder all the responsibilitis?

What exactly are you doing with your income if you are not spending it on your family?

It's one thing if the wife is not working but you are working and earning and yet only your husband is spending?

And you as a man, you are actually stup*d to allow such nonsense from your wife.

Gosh, some of you are so weak. Too weak I must say to give your wife such liberties.
thank u dear, ask d selfish creatures called wives

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Agree To This Nonsense Arrangement? by Gerrard59(m): 5:19am On Apr 14, 2023
Amumaigwe:

Your standpoint is very weak. Are you now saying that wives that their husbands pay all the bills are all submissive and respectful to the man? The fact that you allude that just provision makes women honour their husbands should be viewed as an insult to decent wives.

Presumably so. No be Nigerian men dey fear say their wives should not out-earn them? It actually makes sense that wives should be submissive to men who cater for everything. You don't disrespect the person who pays the piper.
Re: Why Do Men Agree To This Nonsense Arrangement? by Gerrard59(m): 5:22am On Apr 14, 2023
Rokiat:

cc: Amumaigwe

Na woman talk that one o. Have you seen it? In traditional societies, the men ensure women don't out-earn them because they (the men) would not want to share trousers in the household. Women are naturally hypergamous - which means when she starts contributing substantially to the household finances, what was her hypergamy for? Wouldn't it have been better if she was single?
Re: Why Do Men Agree To This Nonsense Arrangement? by XAUBulls: 10:35pm On Apr 15, 2023
Queendera:

Re: Why Do Men Agree To This Nonsense Arrangement? by razible5384(m): 7:35pm On Apr 17, 2023
DMerciful:
Even if your wife is contributing 40% of her salary, you're still the head of the family if you're not a simp.

Respect is not because you carry 100% of the financial responsibilities but because of your leadership and discipline!
how I so much love this your write up

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Agree To This Nonsense Arrangement? by razible5384(m): 7:42pm On Apr 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
It should be discussed indeed. But how many men are ready for these discussions which will essentially end up stripping them of their godhood status in marriage? Because no sane woman would want to contribute and still remain a mere slave/househelp cum glorified sex tool/worker cum baby mama in her own marriage. undecided
you've got a very dark mind. Your kind ought to die single....spit
Re: Why Do Men Agree To This Nonsense Arrangement? by Kobojunkie: 8:15pm On Apr 17, 2023
razible5384:
you've got a very dark mind. Your kind ought to die single....spit
So, in your own brain, people who choose to live and die single do so as punishment of some sort? Yikes! undecided
Re: Why Do Men Agree To This Nonsense Arrangement? by dbestuncle: 9:07pm On Apr 17, 2023
Even in partnership na 1 person go ve CEO. The home can't operate on equal right no! The man is the head n that doesn't mean you shouldn't help as a woman

Kobojunkiee:
1. You are not looking at this from the right angle at all. undecided

This isn't a matter of weakness but inner conflict. Are Nigerian men ready to exist as partners in their marriage with their opinions carrying equal weight as that of their spouse? Are Nigerian men ready to also share the responsibility in other aspects of their union? Are they ready to let go of the Head-of-Household status that traditionally goes along with bearing 100% financial responsibility? Many of these men know that the moment they begin to share financial responsibility, they are likely to also share in cooking and other household chores in addition to losing their god-like status in marriage. Are Nigerian men ready for such a change? undecided

If a man is ok with being a partner, all he needs do is make that clear to the woman he marries in his marriage agreement with her, and they both go from there. undecided
Re: Why Do Men Agree To This Nonsense Arrangement? by Kobojunkiee: 9:11pm On Apr 17, 2023
dbestuncle:
Even in partnership na 1 person go ve CEO. The home can't operate on equal right no! The man is the head n that doesn't mean you shouldn't help as a woman
Another person go be chairman and they both have power in the relationship. Whereas in your head-of-household arrangement, only the man has power, while the woman is merely an employee who answers to the whims of her employer and has her financial needs taken care of as a result. undecided

When you think of your head-of-household arrangement, think more in terms of a sole-proprietorship arrangement. undecided
Re: Why Do Men Agree To This Nonsense Arrangement? by razible5384(m): 9:33pm On Apr 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So, in your own brain, people who choose to live and die single do so as punishment of some sort? Yikes! undecided
your's will not be out of choice, but improvidence
Re: Why Do Men Agree To This Nonsense Arrangement? by Kobojunkie: 9:40pm On Apr 17, 2023
razible5384:
your's will not be out of choice, but improvidence
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Men Agree To This Nonsense Arrangement? by Karlifate: 12:10pm On Apr 22, 2023
thesicilian:
For some men it mainly because of ego. They want to be able to brag that they're the ones doing everything. Then at the end it's either heart attack or untimely death.

ednut1:
To me its rubbish. Alot of men want to form provider and head of the home. Account balance nothing, no property, just managing. Meanwhile the wife is using her own money to buy land and build houses. Alot of women bought houses land in ikorodu, ikotun, ayobo and the like that year without their husbands knowing. Men be smart. Once a woman is not comfortable spending her own money on you or her self don’t marry her

grin grin

No be lie.
Re: Why Do Men Agree To This Nonsense Arrangement? by frozen70(f): 6:07am On Apr 23, 2023
Queendera:

You have a point but you don't have to blame the man for accepting such nonsense as you call it

Only few women are willing to assist their husband's to run their home

A woman is not to be told to support the home front because it's a load that one person cannot carry

I don't support a woman to be idle at home, go out there and get something doing to support the home front and God will reward you and your status will add value to your family

When i got married, I was supporting my husband and he just stylishly left things for me, i observed it, call his attention to it and talk to him, he ignored what I complained of and I have no option than to face the task

As God will have it, my hard work paid off for me and God blessed me

When he realized that he was paying with himself I have already gone far

Now it's no longer anything to me to run the home because the more I put in, the more God blessings keep coming to my family and God has blessed my efforts all my children are in the university and God has been paying their school fees

He too he is making his own efforts too and he is getting success too

For some men who are privilege to have a supportive wife, appreciate her because She sacrificed all she has to make the family moving

For some that are yet to get married or newly married, you just have to seat and discuss how you both will run the family so that you will achieve success together

For women who thinks it's a man's job to provide, there is nothing like such, not even with this bad economy, support your family to relieve financial burden from your husband so that he can live longer and both of you can live too

In summary, women should support their husband's especially when children are involve, it will give you sense of responsibility

You can't cheat nature

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Agree To This Nonsense Arrangement? by RoyalUc(m): 5:48pm On May 09, 2023
Rokiat:

Your thought on this subject is quite impressive!

A thousand likes for you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 10 Ways To Know A Nigerian Female Gold-digger (nigerian Women Only) / Help My Relationship. (i Need A Mtn Cug Line) / Beverly Osu, Walks Around Naked In The BBA House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.