Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience (19330 Views)

Have You Ever Been Molested By A Male Doctor? (share Your Experience Ladies) / Sleeping Paralysis And It's Solution / I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by nduchucks: 7:55pm On Sep 10, 2012
Witches and wizards are caining you people in your sleep and you are using oyibo words to describe the phenomenon. abi una tink say witches no dey for obodo oyibo wey una dey?

Oyibo will try to confuse you people by associating the thing with narcolepsy, migraines, anxiety disorders, and obstructive sleep apnea, e.t.c. But the bottom line is that, na witches dey deal with una when una dey sleep. cheesy
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by donigspain(m): 7:56pm On Sep 10, 2012
deols:
Do you know what a school looks like?
I sure do... but yet still, are you a witch?
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by ndukwejoe(m): 8:03pm On Sep 10, 2012
I was thinking it only happened to me , thanks for the topic. I was thinking it was demonic.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by vedaxcool(m): 8:06pm On Sep 10, 2012
I have experienced it numerously, if not it used to happen to me before I started using NL, I would have swore my enemies on NL are at work! Besides that I began experiencing it during teenage days.

I tend to experience it when I wake up to read at night, especially during the last phase of the night when the muslims 5 o clock prayer is close, I notice when ever I dose off around 4:30 I usually undergo the paralysis phase just like that as if the devil no gree me pray, sometimes I suspect that it had to do with when one tries being awake and asleep at the same time. I know it does not make sense but na so I see am.

Other times I believe it has supernatural connotations like once when I was in the comma state struggling (imagine being unable to talk very dreadful) in the long struggle I was able to break free, and I notice an apparition that looked like a human form, I stared clearl and the apparition jumped backward and faded into the darkness . . . shocked shocked. Another time I was seeing my brothers and tried calling on them to pull me, but from what I heard I was simply groaning (so don't try speaking when u find yourself in such situation).
I pray when I find myself in such situation, usually reciting sura Iklas, Nas and falaq! And struggle hard to break free!
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by onetrack(m): 8:16pm On Sep 10, 2012
About 25% of people will experience sleep paralysis. It has nothing to do with sleeping position. It MAY have something to do with disrupted or unusual sleep patterns, like taking a nap during the daytime or not going to bed at a regular time. No evidence of evil spirits or witches.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 10, 2012
ndu_chucks: Witches and wizards are caining you people in your sleep and you are using oyibo words to describe the phenomenon. abi una tink say witches no dey for obodo oyibo wey una dey?

Oyibo will try to confuse you people by associating the thing with narcolepsy, migraines, anxiety disorders, and obstructive sleep apnea, e.t.c. But the bottom line is that, na witches dey deal with una when una dey sleep. cheesy

sconsults: This condition is caused by a demon of the 5th realm of the spiritual world called succubus nateresmisamati who make use of the human body to satisfy his onerous carnal desires.it occurs when a person is in a low energy state because your sheilds are down especially if you are a spiritually weak person.the cure for this is full frontal assult on the demon through the power of the holy spirit.sleep with a miror close to your bed or if you are a muslim recite ayatul kursi before you sleep.ihave personally met with this demon and he offered me a meal of human soul which i refused after my good friend angel justin intervaned. Beware of rhis demon.

[size=14pt]the greatest trick of the devil is to make you belive he doesnt exist and the greatest trick of religious leaders is to make you think the devil exists[/size]

see these confused soul.....bwaaaah!
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by NaMe4: 8:32pm On Sep 10, 2012
sanchez4eva: This is why Nigeria will never progress....we always attribute everytin to demonic attack...if u do your research u will find out that sleep paralysis is actually a protective mechanism initiated by the brain to prevent us from acting our dreams...like kicking or jumping out of bed...it occurs in the last stage of sleep known as REM or rapid eye movement sleep...Just stop being afraid because it is a normal process...it may occur often if you sleep on your back so start sleeping on your side and do not eat heavily before sleeping...Dr Okonjo

Good.

Try sleeping on your side or face down.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by modusviivendi(m): 8:39pm On Sep 10, 2012
HAPPENED TO ME SOMETIMES MY SISTER CLAIMED WHEN IT HAPPENED TO HER AND SHE CAME OUT OF HER BODY LIKE A OUT BODY EXPRIENCE
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by nikkyshyne(f): 8:39pm On Sep 10, 2012
The only weird thing I experience while asleep is a 'mini spaz attack' or a 'hypnic jerk'. This feels like you'r about to fall out of bed when in actual fact you'r lying comfortably.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by teniyi(m): 8:47pm On Sep 10, 2012
If you are a muslim, you can experience all these only if you do not say the sleeping prayers taught us by our beloved Prophet.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by sconsults: 8:51pm On Sep 10, 2012
^^ that is demonic fall caused by your sins.it signifies that you are about to fall into the bottomless pit of hell.repent now and be saved
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by sconsults: 8:51pm On Sep 10, 2012
^^ that is demonic fall caused by your sins.it signifies that you are about to fall into the bottomless pit of hell.repent now and be saved
nikkyshyne: The only weird thing I experience while asleep is a 'mini spaz attack' or a 'hypnic jerk'. This feels like you'r about to fall out of bed when in actual fact you'r lying comfortably.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by nikkyshyne(f): 8:55pm On Sep 10, 2012
^^^Yea right!!
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 8:56pm On Sep 10, 2012
2buff: 3 Easy steps to sleep paralysis:

1. Deprive yourself of sleep all night
2. Try to then sleep in the morning, close to waking time for other normal human beings.
3. You hear a ringing buzzing sound as you feel the sleep paralysis kicking in as your body performs its usual function.

A good chance at this point to be conscious in a numb body.

That is so true bro, it happens most when i was preparing for my jamb and i'll try sleeping like 5 or 4its true, i also think it's a demonic attack, and the sound is always so loud pls can u drop ur PIN or mail so we can talk more u see τ̅☺ get exactly Ђδω it happens.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 9:07pm On Sep 10, 2012
sconsults: ^^ that is demonic fall caused by your sins.it signifies that you are about to fall into the bottomless pit of hell.repent now and be saved
grin

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by dblock(m): 9:08pm On Sep 10, 2012
I get two versions of this

One is just the paralysis

the other version I get...which is rarer....it feels like someone is choking me.......this one feels so real..and F*** up.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 10, 2012
sanchez4eva: This is why Nigeria will never progress....we always attribute everytin to demonic attack...if u do your research u will find out that sleep paralysis is actually a protective mechanism initiated by the brain to prevent us from acting our dreams...like kicking or jumping out of bed...it occurs in the last stage of sleep known as REM or rapid eye movement sleep...Just stop being afraid because it is a normal process...it may occur often if you sleep on your back so start sleeping on your side and do not eat heavily before sleeping...Dr Okonjo

Exactly, and sleeping on your back will tend to exacerbate the feeling of helplessness. This happened to me several times last year, but I will also like to acknowledge the real and very present spiritual dimension to it also!
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 10, 2012
Goddamit! Its very real and demonic. I have seen d demon,very dark,kinda slim,some dirty teeth,some hair,making some bit loud squilling,owlish sound. I grabbed the hair but couldnt prevail and resulted to calling JESUS within and it fled. JESUS is the only way to get rid of it and holy anger cos God only ordained physical beasts like d lions to take advantage of the dark to seek out their prey and not spiritual beasts from the pit of hell to torment and attack people while asleep.

1 Like

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by eamon360(m): 9:29pm On Sep 10, 2012
God wil bless u guys 4 relieving me 4rm dis unbearable 9ite mare. Actually, i tot i was d only 1 dat was going 2ru dis bad xperience. U wil be very consciouse of every thing around u, bt it wil look lyk u aint d owner of d body dat's with u. Thanks pals
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by rasqman: 9:30pm On Sep 10, 2012
i'm so happy with all these responses, at least now i know it is not only me and it is really not something o worry about. I have tried several times to explain the experience to people around me and nobody seem to know what it is.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by bond777(m): 9:30pm On Sep 10, 2012
eamon360: God wil bless u guys 4 relieving me 4rm dis unbearable 9ite mare. Actually, i tot i was d only 1 dat was going 2ru dis bad xperience. U wil be very consciouse of every thing around u, bt it wil look lyk u aint d owner of d body dat's with u. Thanks pals

Jesus is de answer
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by linearity: 9:45pm On Sep 10, 2012
talatu.talatu:
My dear forget oyibo theories. they call it sleeping paralysis buy i call it "being pressed by a demon". if it was sleeping paralysis how come when you Shout JESUS it stops?? it happened to me so much as a child, but its has kinda stopped now, u need to be more prayerful and believe God to deliver you from the hands of demons.... Pray before you go to bed and commit yourself in the hands of Jesus. this world is desperately wicked and only God can save us.

The processing of doing anything connects your conscious mind with your brain in other for you to be able to open your mouth and shout Jesus.

At that point you are fully awake as mind, spirit, soul and body are now alert and functioning in unison, it does not really matter if what you shouted is Jesus or Water, as long as you can force your 'lifeless' uncooperative body to do something, you will regain full consciousness.

It has happen to me many times in the past, sometimes I shout Jesus, other time I wait it out and many times I have broken out of it by forcing myself to do anything physical, eg move my body, move my legs, arms, turn on the bed, etc and it works each time. The method I chose depend on the situation and how quickly I want to wake up...Then, it usually happen to me when I have over-worked myself.

I am not saying that, there is no demon possession out there, but sleep paralysis have enough scientific and medical backings that, there is no need to blame this on devil or demons.

Believe me, on the Judgement day, there are many things that the devil or demons will be innocent of..I can envisage the devil saying...."but Lord, I did not do that, he is lying against me"...and God will say..."Yes, Lucifer I know you are not guilty of this very one"

Try wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 10, 2012
kunletiwoo: Hahahahahah! So u've been dying in silence before now?
dying in silence? Oya wait u sef go experience am soon!
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 9:56pm On Sep 10, 2012
dblock: I get two versions of this

One is just the paralysis

the other version I get...which is rarer....it feels like someone is choking me.......this one feels so real..and F*** up.

yeah you are absolutely right! But really the latter scares the shiiit out of me though its rare. Damn!
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by pak: 10:03pm On Sep 10, 2012
nikkyshyne: ^^^Yea right!!

When the weirdo sconsults was talking , you were forming sarcastic angry

Do you know every thing happens for a reason and there's no smoke without fire

That your response (to sconsults) was your Six hundred and Sixty sixth post (666) shocked

hmmmmm . . . . You really need prayers O. Don't say I didnt tell you.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by occam(m): 10:05pm On Sep 10, 2012
This experience is very real.

See a documentary on UK chanrel 4. The "Entity" on channel 4. This documentary is very SCARY. It' happens to people all over the world. This entity is called "popobawa" in Zanzibar

Search for the documentary on YouTube.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 10:06pm On Sep 10, 2012
pak:

When the weirdo sconsults was talking , you were forming sarcastic angry

Do you know every thing happens for a reason and there's no smoke without fire

That your response (to sconsults) was your Six hundred and Sixty sixth post (666) shocked

hmmmmm . . . . You really need prayers O. Don't say I didnt tell you.
lol damn true her 666 post grin
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 10, 2012
Sleep Paralysis, trance, bilocation all of the same nature. If you find yourself getting numb. Simple trick to do is bring out your tongue, it cant hold tongue movement. "Eureka"!!! You are free. But funny enough, you dont know how many people that pastors and alfas don use this thing chop well well. Internet is such a great thing. Over 200 people attesting to experiencing the same thing puts people who blame it on devil and witches to real show of ignorance. Hardly anyone who hasnt experienced it.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by sigmundfreud(m): 10:24pm On Sep 10, 2012
so why are the demons after all of you? the bulk of people that shd be the thinkers in our generation still prefers tales by moonlight!
No wonder we are like 200yrs behind the west! [img]so why are the demons after all of you? the bulk of people that shd be the thinkers in our generation still prefers tales by moonlight!
No wonder we are like 200yrs behind the west! [/img]so why are the demons after all of you? the bulk of people that shd be the thinkers in our generation still prefers tales by moonlight!
No wonder we are like 200yrs behind the west!
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 10:34pm On Sep 10, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

on the above thread you mentioned, the OP is talking about feeling being choked and pressed down by someone while sleeping, NOT being in a coma like state.

@thread
has happened to me before, sometimes i can get out of it and move again, [size=18pt]and sometimes not[/size].

Soooo......I didnt know spirits could use keyboards. undecided
Abeg use your spirit powers and see into the near future, make I know how Forex wan be tomorrow. cheesy
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Clemzy16(m): 10:34pm On Sep 10, 2012
It's quite facincting to know that majority of nairalanders have experienced this un-called incident. Initially, I've heard stuff like this, but i kinda find it difficult to adhere to it. But now, It's like a film to me. This goes a long way to show that life is indeed a battle field. It wasen't a mere propaganda when the scripture says.. "We wrestle not against flesh and blood, but spiritualities and power". We should not always buy to the idea of what the white man calls it. This is something else entirely. Something that tends to re-informed us to draw closer to God. I rest my case.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by bond777(m): 10:38pm On Sep 10, 2012
2buff:

Soooo......I didnt know spirits could use keyboards. undecided
Abeg use your spirit powers and see into the near future, make I know how Forex wan be tomorrow. cheesy

u trade fx?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Remedy To Ease Drunkenness. / Man Who Underwent Mistaken Brain Surgery At Kenyan Hospital Discharged / JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.