Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,995 members, 7,825,072 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience (19361 Views)

Have You Ever Been Molested By A Male Doctor? (share Your Experience Ladies) / Sleeping Paralysis And It's Solution / I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by linearity: 12:36am On Sep 11, 2012
Mr Exxell: Continue deceiving yourself Ok? Protective mechanism Ko? Acting our dreams ni? Everything you said is theoritically possible but what about its practicality? Obviously you googled up this stuff and pasted it here. Who do you think wrote those things and put there? Do you know where those guys belong? Anyway, I have one question for you because I have experienced this more than 10 times. Why is it that whenever I experience the so called "sleep paralysis" and I call out to my brothers, I will notice that am actually calling them out but my body wont move. Now comes the hard part. When I want to call out the name of Jesus or shout Blood of Jesus, I will notice that it will transcend from sleeping paralysis to choking paralysis. My breath will seize, my head will contract and my eyes will bulge. I wont be able to utter any word again as against when I normally call my brothers. I will notice also that I will be aware all these is happening to me yet am helpless till I manage to say JESUS. Guess what? Even if it is in the tiniest of voice that I manage to say JESUS; I AM FREED IMMEDIATELY. Again, I notice that it happens to me whenever I dont say my night prayers. NAIRALANDERS, THIS SO CALLED "SLEEPING PARALYSIS" IS AN ATTACK BY EVIL SPIRITS. THOUGH THEY ARE USUALLY NOT HARMFUL, THEY TORMENT ONE'S SLEEP AND MAKE YOU MISERABLE. THEY ARE LIKE LITTLE DEMONS. Before you sleep, say your night prayers, read your holy bible if you have one, spray holy water on your bed and surroundings and then go to sleep. You will notice that YOU WILL NEVER EXPERIENCE IT AGAIN IN YOUR LIFE. So I have a sentence for you mister SANCHEZ4EVER OR WHATEVER THING YOU ARE; EITHER YOU ARE AN EVIL AGENT OR THAT YOU ARE NOT VERSED IN THE SPIRITUAL REALM!

Sleep Paralysis have enough medical and scientific origin that it not necessary to bring satan into this...take some time to read..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Christians call on Jesus and are immediately set free, Muslims recite the ayatul kursi and are also set free....if you are a Christian, I will assume that you believe that musliim's reciting of ayatul kursi cannot chase out demons, correct? Just like you pray before sleeping to 'wad this demons off' some Muslims recite the athkar al nawm to also 'wad them off' before sleeping....and these methods have been successful with both religion in both cases.

Believe me, the Buddhist, Sikh, hindist have their own successful way of 'wad away this demon'....but one thing common with all these various methods is successfully doing something physical, anything.

Read this blog of it happening to muslims and their many ways of defeating it...
http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?239690-Sleep-Paralysis-or-Jinns-Have-you-ever-experienced-them

Have it occurred to you that, it only happen when you sleep on your back? And virtually everyone that have indicated that it happens to them...Muslims and Christians alike, says the force or 'demon' was pressing their chest or was on top of their chest...I have not read any single case where the 'demon' was pressing their back or someone sitting on their back or on their side....or is there something about 'pressing the back/side' that this demon is scared of? or make these demons powerless when you sleep on your stomach but gives them power when you only sleep on your back.

Yes, we have to pray all the time including when going to bed, but sleep paralysis is a simple medical condition. I also snores when I sleep with my back and have difficulty breathing, I can also chalk this up to the 'demons' suffocating me in my sleeps and not the fact that my tongue is closing my airways thus leading to difficulty in breathing and some noise aka snoring as the air forces its way pass the reduced openings..

There are a lot of evils that Satan and demons are responsible for on earth, but sleep paralysis is not one of them....any physical activity including shouting, yelling, moving that can be successfully done breaks you away from this state, because it restores your full consciousness....

I know that, old beliefs are very hard to shake off, so I will understand many people pre-dispositions, the number of information out there not withstanding...

2 Likes

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by emmabowin(m): 12:38am On Sep 11, 2012
Scientific or not.I only got out of this so called sleeping paralysis after i shouted the name of Jesus.Guys please believe Jesus and be saved.He his real
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Asemo11(m): 12:42am On Sep 11, 2012
donigspain:
EXACTLY!
Happened to me about two months ago. I tried overcoming the spooky stuff with 'mind control' method but it didn't work. I resolved to calling JESUS CHRIST and after a few 'calls' I got freed.
Phoned mum 'sharpally' and a day fasting was declared on my head in absentia.
the 9ja way
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by StepG: 12:46am On Sep 11, 2012
This is the first time am sharing my experience cos I tough its so unusual but now am bit relieve. one of our neighbour then in the village do complain of such attack n his is so severe that he can touch n feel the plaited head of a woman pressing him down.I usually feel mine whenever I sleep with my back in the night mostly before I could fall asleep,I usually feel ok after continous shout of JESUS name.I realy can't comprehend this connection with science after all its an uncomfortable feeling that only leaves you when you shout the name of JESUS.

1 Like

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Lenny5000(m): 12:55am On Sep 11, 2012
It is good that people are able to discuss this phenomenon. Moderator pls make this STICK thanks,
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by amor4ce(m): 1:08am On Sep 11, 2012
Some years I had a 2nd level dream, that is, a dream within a dream (recall the movie 'Inception').

I've been shown a lot of future events in my dreams, including one that uncomfortably seemed to come true as the Abaniwonda-Marina tragedy. I even get same-day answers and warnings.

In one set of dreams in which I found myself in uncomfortable situations like facing persistent attacks, I knew I was in a dream state and awoke after concluding that the best way out was to awaken. In these dreams I would consciously seek (tell my consciousness somehow) to awaken, and would finally do so after a brief period of effort, like 2 secs. Such dreams did not involve fearful paralysis.

In another set of similar but quite terrible dreams I awakened immediately after attack - no paralysis at all as the awakening was immediate.

There was this set of dreams that I experienced when in a state of ill-health at times and when lax with prayers. In these dreams I would see something frightening, almost of human form, black (perhaps the effect of oyinbo-supremacist depictions?) but without seeing the face, which I would want to attack but maybe while harbouring some measure of fright. At times I would encounter such, while dreaming, in my home or premises, and such seemed to attack me or prevent me from attacking by paralysis. After some period (seconds) of struggle to free myself from paralysis with the being/spirit still within dream view and/or approaching, but without any consciousness of the real (aiye) environment, but with the awareness that awakening meant escape from that situation, I would awaken.

The one I recently experienced was different. I woke from sleep a few minutes after midnight, checked my phone for the time, and did not pray but was trying to convince myself to go back to sleep - electricity supply had been restored about 45 minutes before which implied an opportunity to surf the internet with a laptop. About 2 to 3 minutes later, while still awake but drowsy and conscious of my environment, I suddenly felt and maybe saw something serpent-like (I didn't notice any limbs) lay on me. Then it sort of gripped me on the right side of my chest (tapeworm-like clamping of the intestine) with its teeth/mouth. I felt paralyzed but was able to free myself and get up after a brief struggle following which I prayed in the name OSHU.

As for those who conclude that it has nothing to do with the spiritual, I say such smacks of gross stupidity and white supremacist megalomania. The oyinbo who have been carrying out genocides of other peoples, stealing and plagiarizing the spiritual systems of various indigenous peoples, brainwash the world into thinking Europeans are superior,fabricated Christianity (read up 'Serapis Cristus' and 'secreta fidelis crucis'), Judaism and Islam after slaughtering chasing away and replacing the original black populations of the middle East, were the ones responsible for the formal educational systems we have today. It is through this education that they brainwash the world, filling them with stupor (the aforementioned religions are strong delusions). As such, lies constitute the foundation of western, formal education (eg read 'Mis-education of the Negro'), including psychology and psychiatry based inquiries. As for suggestion of a wall-gecko correlation, oyinbo education would dismiss such and many Negropeans would blindly accept without any investigation based on traditional African perspectives. Oyinbo way of life, education inclusive, is mostly (maybe totally?) insanity and rebellion against the Almighty.

My people perish because of lack of knowledge - the Almighty has blessed us with knowledge which we have been rejecting for oyinbo insanity, the consequence of which is the Almighty giving us into the hands of our enemies to punish us and our people perishing therefrom.

1 Like

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by butpro(m): 1:12am On Sep 11, 2012
Sata ;Dnic o, demonic o, quranic o, biblical o, rem o, all na cobwebs Wey dey una ceiling dey cause am! Lol grin
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by amor4ce(m): 1:20am On Sep 11, 2012
Before gaining enough consciousness to move or recite this or that, how much struggle is put in to overcome the paralysis?

Does the transition to death from sleep involve an inability by the individual concerned to reach some sort of consciousness threshold? (Perhaps only those who rose from the dead can answer)

Has there been any documented research by Negroes into traditional African views and treatments of sleep paralysis? Wouldn't such attempts have been discouraged and ridiculed as silly by Negropeans?
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by linearity: 1:26am On Sep 11, 2012
amor4ce: ..... (recall the movie 'Inception').
...checked my phone for the time... electricity supply had been restored about 45 minutes before which implied an opportunity to surf the internet with a laptop. ... white supremacist megalomania. The oyinbo ....thinking Europeans are superior,... middle East, were the ones responsible for the formal educational systems we have today. .... constitute the foundation of western, formal education .... oyinbo education would dismiss such and many Negropeans would blindly accept without any investigation based on traditional African perspectives. Oyinbo way of life, education inclusive, is mostly (maybe totally?) insanity and rebellion against the Almighty.

I never knew, I will read where someone will completely minimize and denounce westerner education...while simultaneously using his Phone, Time piece, Electricity, Laptop, Internet...all products of the westerner education that he condemns..

Yes, civilization stated in the middle-east, no one denies that, it is replicated in our history books....but modern scientific advancements that made the life you live today comfortable and enjoyable took root outside the middle-east.

Going by your comment, if you unscrew your laptop, you might find a demon or two underneath your keyboard or mouse placed there by the oyibo man and western education that manufactured it...the last time I checked, there was no computer languages or instructions in hieroglyphics.....Hieroglyphics the origin of learning and communication is artistic and sign language based and have no concept of binary numbers upon which the modern world operates today.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by amor4ce(m): 1:39am On Sep 11, 2012
linearity:

I never knew, I will read where someone will completely minimize and denounce westerner education...while simultaneously using his Phone, Time piece, Electricity, Laptop, Internet...all products of the westerner education that he condemns..

Yes, civilization stated in the middle-east, no one denies that, it is replicated in our history books....but modern scientific advancements that made the life you live today comfortable and enjoyable took root outside the middle-east.

Going by your comment, if you unscrew your laptop, you might find a demon or two underneath your keyboard or mouse placed there by the oyibo man and western education that manufactured it...the last time I checked, there was no computer languages or instructions in hieroglyphics.....Hieroglyphics the origin of learning and communication is artistic and sign language based and have no concept of binary numbers upon which the modern world operates today.

context context context

My reference to western education was in reference to western ideals of superiority. It is no wonder many of your ilk keep looking down on and misunderstanding causes like Boko Haram's and fellow humans.

Literacy does not translate to immediate comprehension, won't you agree?
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 1:58am On Sep 11, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

on the above thread you mentioned, the OP is talking about feeling being choked and pressed down by someone while sleeping, NOT being in a coma like state.

@thread
has happened to me before, sometimes i can get out of it and move again, and sometimes not.
Do you people read?
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by kandiikane(m): 3:10am On Sep 11, 2012
Mehn, my own isn't funny at all.

It's crazy, they say it's paralysis but the things I see ehn. Maaaad!

Ok, where do I start.

There was this dream I was in and I was been chased by a creature. In the dream, I knew I was dreaming so decided to look for a way(to wake up). I tried my best to wake up telling myself it was just a dream and when I woke up I couldn't move, I was just lying there in a dreamlike state but wide awake.

Another one, I was in my room asleep but awake(it felt like I was awake but also asleep). Crazy! I had this thing(creature) pressing down on me. I could see it but it felt like I was still dreaming(couldn't tell what was real and what wasn't). I was paralysed, couldn't get the creature off me. I struggled to move and I dragged myself(it was so haaard) out of the bed and on to the floor. I couldn't tell whether I was dreaming or in reality. I was screaming but the sound wasn't coming out. I was in bed awake but I was still in my subconscious world(that's where I dragged myself from the bed but my actual body was still on the bed paralysed).

Another one, I had my cat sleeping at the bottom of my bed and I also fell asleep. I woke up paralysed but still 'dreaming'

I saw the cat stretching in front of me, turning into a lesbian woman. It looks like a cat but still a woman but I was 'awake'

I tend to get these paralysis when I succumb to the lustings of those demons(I've been told it's sex demons) you dream about who come to sleep with you in your dream.

I hate those 'dreams' sha. I'm wide awake paralysed but still 'seeing things'. I tend to see myself getting out of bed(literally crawling because it's so hard to move a paralysed body) to get away from the thing but actual body is in bed.

It's crazy. It's like your dreams and reality merges together.

Oh, I tend to have them when I sleep in the afternoon but mainly when I get the succubus dreams.

1 Like

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 3:11am On Sep 11, 2012
wow! Is all i can say
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by amor4ce(m): 3:22am On Sep 11, 2012
I used to have those succubus-like dreams till I noticed a pattern - they occurred just before Sunday service at church and when delving deeper into christianity. Then I was led to read Bible passages about the spirit of harlotry being in the midst of the children of Israel because because they were fornicating with alien ways/cultures/religions, much like what happens today. Not long after I abandoned Christianity for good and those dreams stopped coming. My understanding of such dreams is that they have been misinterpreted by Christian and Muslim clergy as succubi and the likes, whereas the concerned individual is probably fornicating with that spirit of harlotry.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by tubolancer(m): 3:33am On Sep 11, 2012
Bad thing,I hate it when it happened,I always shout blood of Jesus then it disappeared,forget science that thing is demonic.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 4:00am On Sep 11, 2012
wow 6 pages! grin
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 4:01am On Sep 11, 2012
Anyway, I don't buy the whole "called on religious deity and was instantly relieved" thing a lot of people are claiming on here.

i am sorry if i am out of line but never once did I do that, and either waited it out or fought it (literally) and was released eventually.

basically your body is still resting.
nothing more or less.

2 Likes

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 4:05am On Sep 11, 2012
As for those who conclude that it has nothing to do with the spiritual, I say such smacks of gross stupidity and white supremacist megalomania.

lol my disbelief has NOTHING to do with the "white man" but everything to do with common sense. God designed our bodies to be among the most magnificent and unpredictable on the planet.

There are things that our bodies do that we cannot explain but in place of "not knowing" we don't have to automatically claim it is the result of some demonic force! lol.

i have always had my eyes open during these episodes and NOT ONCE have i seen or experienced strange visions of ghosts and demons lol.

i was just a woman/girl trapped and unable to move for a few seconds. grin
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 4:07am On Sep 11, 2012
sanchez4eva: This is why Nigeria will never progress...[size=18pt].we always attribute everytin to demonic attack...if u do your research u will find out that sleep paralysis is actually a protective mechanism initiated by the brain to prevent us from acting our dreams...like kicking or jumping out of bed...it occurs in the last stage of sleep known as REM or rapid eye movement sleep[/size]...Just stop being afraid because it is a normal process...it may occur often if you sleep on your back so start sleeping on your side and do not eat heavily before sleeping...Dr Okonjo

thanks, cool

@ bolded, i remember experiencing this most when laying on my stomach.

i think only once i was on my back but that was YEAAARS ago.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by IleIfe2(m): 4:56am On Sep 11, 2012
afam4eva: There's another one that happens to me. I don't know is i'm the only person who experiences it.

I may be lieing down and semi-asleep and all of a sudden i start seeing strange objects. It could be snakes, someone etc. It looks so real but when i jump up to run away but only realise after some seconds that it's nothing.

this one no be sleeping paralysis, na the GPS wey them dey use track you from your village. I'v always suspected they are following you. grin grin grin grin
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:08am On Sep 11, 2012
There are many explanations to it.
Those who are attacked, don't need some scientist to tell them that "it's all in their head" or some sciency way of saying "we don't know what the heck you're talking about so here sit down and take some random pills". Not all instances are demonic, and not all instances are "normal".

You have to understand, this is a state where you are essentially sharing consciousness with 2 different realms simultaneously, so it makes sense that that is the time to to see some interesting things.

The last one I had was one where I was sleeping on my belly (sleep deprived morning). It happened.
I was like "oh no, not this.well guess I gotta wait it out". I heard familiar music playing from one of my devices on my bed.
that was okay...but then I was hearing some things laughing in small voices at a distant corner of the room away from my line of sight.
Seemed like they were trying to mock me. My spirit wasn't having none of that.
it jerked up and looked at them and told them to "shut up!". They did. spirit then entered body again, and I was back in control of my physical body.

Ofcourse, there was no music playing from that device when I came to.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:08am On Sep 11, 2012
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:18am On Sep 11, 2012
*face palm*

buffy, you can't speak? angry
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by ARareGem(f): 5:31am On Sep 11, 2012
Things are happening. . .
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by linearity: 5:32am On Sep 11, 2012
To those who still attributes sleep paralysis to some demonic attacks......what do you guys think of sleep walking, which is somewhat opposite of sleep paralysis?

...In that in sleep paralysis, your mind is conscious and fully aware of its surroundings while your body and physical co-ordinations are dead...whereas in sleep walking your mind and consciousness are dead and non-existence but your body and physical co-ordinations are functioning and carrying out normal human activities.....is this also demonic?
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by kandiikane(m): 5:35am On Sep 11, 2012
2buff: There are many explanations to it.
Those who are attacked, don't need some scientist to tell them that "it's all in their head" or some sciency way of saying "we don't know what the heck you're talking about so here sit down and take some random pills". Not all instances are demonic, and not all instances are "normal".

You have to understand, this is a state where you are essentially sharing consciousness with 2 different realms simultaneously, so it makes sense that that is the time to to see some interesting things.

The last one I had was one where I was sleeping on my belly (sleep deprived morning). It happened.
I was like "oh no, not this.well guess I gotta wait it out". I heard familiar music playing from one of my devices on my bed.
that was okay...but then I was hearing some things laughing in small voices at a distant corner of the room away from my line of sight.
it jerked up and looked at them and told them to "shut up!". They did. spirit then entered body again, and I was back in control of my physical body.

Lmaoooo@ small voices laughing in the corner.

Ok, I think it's time for me to go bed.

*runs off to go sleep next to my mum*

Lol!

I read about the sleep paralysis ages ago. Obviously you know there is a scientific explanation for it but if you're brought up with superstitions and people telling you it's demons. It's something you just say because it's the most likely explanation when you see a sex demon having sex with you whilst in that state.

There is a simple explanation(I think) for why I usually see such in that state but I go with demon because that's what I see.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by greatgod2012(f): 5:54am On Sep 11, 2012
now dt we all know d likely various causes, whichever one u believe causes urs, witcheso, demons o, unconciousness o, medical or science,anyone u think causes urs, d basic thing now is dt, it happens to almost everbody, so, no more cause to get scary again, when it happens again, u now know what to do abt it, just try and struggle to yell (shout), it now depend on u what u shout, dt's d essence of rubbing minds together.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Jakeattah(m): 7:36am On Sep 11, 2012
Damn.. I tot it was only me that had these disturbing sessions.

And i jst want to say that it is obviously spiritual, if we say its not we are just being ignorant to the obvious. Most people think juju and babalawo when they hear demonic attack but the spirit world is vast and reading books help. Please dont be ignorant, the spirit world is real and has a lot to do with our daily activities
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Damon03(m): 7:59am On Sep 11, 2012
Forget all these demonic conspiracy theory joor... For those that see thing or hear spirits talking to them you can choose to believe its the work of demons. But some of us just cant move or open our eyes. First time it happened to me I freaked out, but freaking out just makes it worse. Best thing is to relax and u'll be back 'together'. By the way nt being afraid of it anymore kinda worked for me. It stopped happening years ago after knowing that i'm nt the only one experiencing it.

1 Like

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by esere826: 8:06am On Sep 11, 2012
2buff: There are many explanations to it.

Kai this boy!!
Spirits dey talk to u well, well sha. last time it was God, now some 'others', ....mmmh

Maybe u have a gift grin. Just saying

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bathing Every Day Not The Best? / NOW LET'S TALK ABOUT FIBROIDS! / Girl Electrocuted While Fetching Water From A Well In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.