Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,790 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience (19328 Views)

Have You Ever Been Molested By A Male Doctor? (share Your Experience Ladies) / Sleeping Paralysis And It's Solution / I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by ogochukwunasa1: 10:38pm On Sep 10, 2012
tex baba: yea i knw the feeling, coincidentally it almost happened to me last nyt again. It happened to me several times that i have now knwn when it wants to happen nd what to do to stop it. last nyt, while i lay down to sleep, i felt the experience building up, buh i quickly used all my strength to move my body nd forcefully open my eyes before it took root in me, also changing my sleeping position. trying to sleep again, it started building up again nd after fitghing it off again, i took my bible which was like miles away frm me...looool, prayed- covering myslf with the blood of Jesus and putting the bible under my pillow. i tell u the thing stoped immediately nd i slept soundly. i usually see it as demonic attack, cos the first times i exzperienced it, it really took hold of me so i felt the demons warm hands on my cheeks, laughing sinistally while laid helpless...i could feel it. i understand it usually when these evil pple have seen that something good is coming ur way, they use that means to collect the glory meant for u nd u would miss out on it. please if u have such experiences, dont just relax nd let it go on, fitgh it off cos when they say some pple sleep nd didnt wake up, thats usually what happend to them...they were pressed to death.

aah , nija wit black brain. Wetin una no go hear for nairaland
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 10, 2012
bigfrancis21:

Let me also quickly add that at the sleep paralysis stage, the soul is half-way in the body and at that point it is usually easy to consciously leave the body at that time. Note that we all unconsciously leave our bodies at one time or the other during sleep but conscious leaving of the body is another thing.

O boy i no go follow you play dat kain rough play O cheesy
Me go just remain near my body jeje until the thing kick-start.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by bond777(m): 10:40pm On Sep 10, 2012
w
2buff:

Soooo......I didnt know spirits could use keyboards. undecided
Abeg use your spirit powers and see into the near future, make I know how Forex wan be tomorrow. cheesy

join us at https://www.nairaland.com/1013803/forex-trade-alerts-season-9/91

cheers cheesy
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 10:49pm On Sep 10, 2012
ikechukz: sup guys.i've been having this problem like twice every year without knowing what it really was.
Some times when i wake up i can't move my body,can't open my eyes and can't even talk no matter how hard i tried.This lasts for up to 1 or 2 mins.
When it is happening it feels as if there is a demon holding me down and some times i could hear the demons discussing.

The only way for me to get out of this torment was to shout JESUS and it was very hard.It is the most scary experience i.ve ever witnessed in my life.
Recently i discovered online that it called sleeping paralysis and it happens when your brain is awake and your body is not fully awake.

IF U HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED IT TELL US HOW IT WAS,
Yours happens for one or two mins, most times, mine lasts for 10-20mins or even more. I thank God for alwayz being there for me and for HIS SON JESUS, because I get a chance of waking up fully when I mention HIS Name or Sing gospel songs. The experience can be very scpary esp when it lasts for long nd i've been experiencing it since i was a kid(10yrs or so) although not at all times. The last tym it happened 2 me was last mnth. I thank God for me.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 10, 2012
ItsModella: It happens to me occasionally. I feel like I'm in a coma, aware of my surroundings but my body would refuse to move. To open my eyes is very difficult, like say I dey use the eye lift weight. This happens to me mostly when I take an afternoon nap.
Same here, jst dat i can open my eyes nd roll my eye balls, raise my eyelids, but not beyond dat because i cnt move my head nor any other part of my body. It happens to me mostly when i go bak to sleep in d morning or afternoon naps. It also happens to me sometimes when I sleep off while praying, dats why these dayz, I make sure I conclude my prayer before 'crashing', even when my eyes ar heavy, I pray short prayers. I thank God for HIS Grace though. Thanks be to HIM
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by nikkyshyne(f): 11:00pm On Sep 10, 2012
pak:

When the weirdo sconsults was talking , you were forming sarcastic angry

Do you know every thing happens for a reason and there's no smoke without fire

That your response (to sconsults) was your Six hundred and Sixty sixth post (666) shocked

hmmmmm . . . . You really need prayers O. Don't say I didnt tell you.
shocked shocked

Sorry PaK. Since you noticed 1st, be afraid, be very afraid. Cox TONIGHT, the demons shall appear to terrorize your very sleep. Be afraid, be very very afraid. HAHAHAHA
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 11:02pm On Sep 10, 2012
nikkyshyne:
shocked shocked

Sorry PaK. Since you noticed 1st, be afraid, be very afraid. Cox TONIGHT, the demons shall appear to terrorize your very sleep. Be afraid, be very very afraid. HAHAHAHA
lol
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 11:02pm On Sep 10, 2012
sanchez4eva: This is why Nigeria will never progress....we always attribute everytin to demonic attack...if u do your research u will find out that sleep paralysis is actually a protective mechanism initiated by the brain to prevent us from acting our dreams...like kicking or jumping out of bed...it occurs in the last stage of sleep known as REM or rapid eye movement sleep...Just stop being afraid because it is a normal process...it may occur often if you sleep on your back so start sleeping on your side and do not eat heavily before sleeping...Dr Okonjo
Continue deceiving yourself Ok? Protective mechanism Ko? Acting our dreams ni? Everything you said is theoritically possible but what about its practicality? Obviously you googled up this stuff and pasted it here. Who do you think wrote those things and put there? Do you know where those guys belong? Anyway, I have one question for you because I have experienced this more than 10 times. Why is it that whenever I experience the so called "sleep paralysis" and I call out to my brothers, I will notice that am actually calling them out but my body wont move. Now comes the hard part. When I want to call out the name of Jesus or shout Blood of Jesus, I will notice that it will transcend from sleeping paralysis to choking paralysis. My breath will seize, my head will contract and my eyes will bulge. I wont be able to utter any word again as against when I normally call my brothers. I will notice also that I will be aware all these is happening to me yet am helpless till I manage to say JESUS. Guess what? Even if it is in the tiniest of voice that I manage to say JESUS; I AM FREED IMMEDIATELY. Again, I notice that it happens to me whenever I dont say my night prayers. NAIRALANDERS, THIS SO CALLED "SLEEPING PARALYSIS" IS AN ATTACK BY EVIL SPIRITS. THOUGH THEY ARE USUALLY NOT HARMFUL, THEY TORMENT ONE'S SLEEP AND MAKE YOU MISERABLE. THEY ARE LIKE LITTLE DEMONS. Before you sleep, say your night prayers, read your holy bible if you have one, spray holy water on your bed and surroundings and then go to sleep. You will notice that YOU WILL NEVER EXPERIENCE IT AGAIN IN YOUR LIFE. So I have a sentence for you mister SANCHEZ4EVER OR WHATEVER THING YOU ARE; EITHER YOU ARE AN EVIL AGENT OR THAT YOU ARE NOT VERSED IN THE SPIRITUAL REALM!

2 Likes

talatu.talatu:
My dear forget oyibo theories. they call it sleeping paralysis buy i call it "being pressed by a demon". if it was sleeping paralysis how come when you Shout JESUS it stops?? it happened to me so much as a child, but its has kinda stopped now, u need to be more prayerful and believe God to deliver you from the hands of demons.... Pray before you go to bed and commit yourself in the hands of Jesus. this world is desperately wicked and only God can save us.
Seconded
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by samkoro: 11:04pm On Sep 10, 2012
afam4eva: IT has happened to me a lot of times. Most times i want to shout "Blood of Jesus" or call someone to come and help me but no word comes out of my mouth. But sometimes i manage to battle it and i come out victorious. Praise Master Jesus.

Although there could be some physical explaination to it but we still have to consider the fact that sleep is a spiritual activity.Ur spirit do travel to the dream world as a matter of fact.

I've had this experience for hundreds of time,in some situation u wake inside your dream and experience it before even waking up in the real world.In some cases Iv seen cats,and in the bid to attack the cats in dream I get paralysed.The harder u struggle,the more paralysed u become.I strongly believe its demonic based on some evidence I won't be able to explain here.I usualy get usualy get out of the situation by relaxing and uttering the BLOOD OF JESUS
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 10, 2012
afam4eva: IT has happened to me a lot of times. Most times i want to shout "Blood of Jesus" or call someone to come and help me but no word comes out of my mouth. But sometimes i manage to battle it and i come out victorious. Praise Master Jesus.
Again, I wonder y it often happens to me when I'm alone nd no one is @home or around to help. Also, 2ruout d period, my phone nor dey ring... HABA!!
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 11:10pm On Sep 10, 2012
ait_anofi: I experience it ocassionally as well. It was as if someone was holding me down, and was indeed scary, i would try hard to get up bt until after reciting some chapters in d holy quran, which would be between 1 to 2 minutes sometimes. This post came as a suprise because i never imagine some guys can be in d same situation as i am, now i am relieved of thinking may be some demons are after me.
I used to think it happens to only me too because my siblings never mentioned such experience nd when I shared mine, I was advised to be more prayerful
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 11:12pm On Sep 10, 2012
sanchez4eva: This is why Nigeria will never progress....we always attribute everytin to demonic attack...if u do your research u will find out that sleep paralysis is actually a protective mechanism initiated by the brain to prevent us from acting our dreams...like kicking or jumping out of bed...it occurs in the last stage of sleep known as REM or rapid eye movement sleep...Just stop being afraid because it is a normal process...it may occur often if you sleep on your back so start sleeping on your side and do not eat heavily before sleeping...Dr Okonjo
Then why is it dat I find it hard to regain full consciousness except I call on JESUS
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by nikkyshyne(f): 11:13pm On Sep 10, 2012
hornipipe: lol
What are you loling at? You wanna experience the drama tonight too? angry
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 11:14pm On Sep 10, 2012
nikkyshyne:
What are you loling at? You wanna experience the drama tonight too? angry
if u'll be the demon y not cheesy come alone pls
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by samkoro: 11:15pm On Sep 10, 2012
teniyi: If you are a muslim, you can experience all these only if you do not say the sleeping prayers taught us by our beloved Prophet.

U mean the killer is beloved?
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 11:20pm On Sep 10, 2012
nacotic: I used 2experience it a lot growing up n twas quite scary, 4al dose sayn its one witch or devil pressn u dats a lie, I read up on it n found out dat d body wakes up in stages so it happens wen ur brain is awake but ur body is stil asleep so d simple remedy is 2 sleep face down, it never happns wen u sleep dat way.
yeah, each time it happens to me, I change my position to face down and I wake up instantly. Mehn, that thing is scary. Funny thing is when I finally wake up, I usually feel like sleeping again but fear no go let me, not after I don struggle finish to wake up.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by pak: 11:21pm On Sep 10, 2012
nikkyshyne:
shocked shocked

Now Nikky's gettin Scary
(grabs a bible . . . )
No weapon fashioned against me . . . . . especially from 666 people grin

By the way, cute lookin girl on your profile.
Abi na you be that ?
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 11:21pm On Sep 10, 2012
afam4eva: There's another one that happens to me. I don't know is i'm the only person who experiences it.

I may be lieing down and semi-asleep and all of a sudden i start seeing strange objects. It could be snakes, someone etc. It looks so real but when i jump up to run away but only realise after some seconds that it's nothing.
Sincerely give ur lyf to JESUS nd be prayerful too
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 10, 2012
ItsModella:
yeah, each time it happens to me, I change my position to face down and I wake up instantly. Mehn, that thing is scary. Funny thing is when I finally wake up, I usually feel like sleeping again but fear no go let me, not after I don struggle finish to wake up.
Me too, but fear nor de gree me sleep again immediately. Sleep de vamoose o
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 11:30pm On Sep 10, 2012
hornipipe: It happens when you force your self to sleep even after sleeping overdose.
Instead of getting outta bed you still force your self to sleep some more undecided
It happened to me 3 days ago grin i was so scared and thought the world had come to an end but after it Freed me i still went ahead to sleep and the same thing happened grin
Its not new when this happens just close your eyes for 5 seconds and try going back to sleep then get up! cheesy (my little trick)
Going bak 2 sleep wen I'm not freed only prolongs d issue, because even when I wake up frm such sleep, I still feel bound nd paralysed. The surest way na JESUS o, for in His Name, every 'sleeping paralysis' watsoever must let go.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 11:35pm On Sep 10, 2012
Mr Exxell: Continue deceiving yourself Ok? Protective mechanism Ko? Acting our dreams ni? Everything you said is theoritically possible but what about its practicality? Obviously you googled up this stuff and pasted it here. Who do you think wrote those things and put there? Do you know where those guys belong? Anyway, I have one question for you because I have experienced this more than 10 times. Why is it that whenever I experience the so called "sleep paralysis" and I call out to my brothers, I will notice that am actually calling them out but my body wont move. Now comes the hard part. When I want to call out the name of Jesus or shout Blood of Jesus, I will notice that it will transcend from sleeping paralysis to choking paralysis. My breath will seize, my head will contract and my eyes will bulge. I wont be able to utter any word again as against when I normally call my brothers. I will notice also that I will be aware all these is happening to me yet am helpless till I manage to say JESUS. Guess what? Even if it is in the tiniest of voice that I manage to say JESUS; I AM FREED IMMEDIATELY. Again, I notice that it happens to me whenever I dont say my night prayers. NAIRALANDERS, THIS SO CALLED "SLEEPING PARALYSIS" IS AN ATTACK BY EVIL SPIRITS. THOUGH THEY ARE USUALLY NOT HARMFUL, THEY TORMENT ONE'S SLEEP AND MAKE YOU MISERABLE. THEY ARE LIKE LITTLE DEMONS. Before you sleep, say your night prayers, read your holy bible if you have one, spray holy water on your bed and surroundings and then go to sleep. You will notice that YOU WILL NEVER EXPERIENCE IT AGAIN IN YOUR LIFE. So I have a sentence for you mister SANCHEZ4EVER OR WHATEVER THING YOU ARE; EITHER YOU ARE AN EVIL AGENT OR THAT YOU ARE NOT VERSED IN THE SPIRITUAL REALM!
I agree wit u, although not totally. I think sincerely givin ur lyf to Jesus is d best way nd also, always doing things dat will please God
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 11:35pm On Sep 10, 2012
Mr Exxell: Continue deceiving yourself Ok? Protective mechanism Ko? Acting our dreams ni? Everything you said is theoritically possible but what about its practicality? Obviously you googled up this stuff and pasted it here. Who do you think wrote those things and put there? Do you know where those guys belong? Anyway, I have one question for you because I have experienced this more than 10 times. Why is it that whenever I experience the so called "sleep paralysis" and I call out to my brothers, I will notice that am actually calling them out but my body wont move. Now comes the hard part. When I want to call out the name of Jesus or shout Blood of Jesus, I will notice that it will transcend from sleeping paralysis to choking paralysis. My breath will seize, my head will contract and my eyes will bulge. I wont be able to utter any word again as against when I normally call my brothers. I will notice also that I will be aware all these is happening to me yet am helpless till I manage to say JESUS. Guess what? Even if it is in the tiniest of voice that I manage to say JESUS; I AM FREED IMMEDIATELY. Again, I notice that it happens to me whenever I dont say my night prayers. NAIRALANDERS, THIS SO CALLED "SLEEPING PARALYSIS" IS AN ATTACK BY EVIL SPIRITS. THOUGH THEY ARE USUALLY NOT HARMFUL, THEY TORMENT ONE'S SLEEP AND MAKE YOU MISERABLE. THEY ARE LIKE LITTLE DEMONS. Before you sleep, say your night prayers, read your holy bible if you have one, spray holy water on your bed and surroundings and then go to sleep. You will notice that YOU WILL NEVER EXPERIENCE IT AGAIN IN YOUR LIFE. So I have a sentence for you mister SANCHEZ4EVER OR WHATEVER THING YOU ARE; EITHER YOU ARE AN EVIL AGENT OR THAT YOU ARE NOT VERSED IN THE SPIRITUAL REALM!
I agree wit u, although not totally. I think sincerely givin ur lyf to Jesus is d best way nd also, always doing things dat will please God
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by remmydada(m): 11:46pm On Sep 10, 2012
my my it has happened to me many many times even when i was a kid even now in my 40s it still happening i used to think that its the handiwork of the devil but now i can see a scientific side of it even i thought it only happen to me but since others has shared their own experiences too now my mind is at rest
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by dkc(m): 11:48pm On Sep 10, 2012
20% sense, 80% nonsense. i use to experience this at a tender age but its now a thing of the past since i knew how to tackle it. i can eat heavymeals at night and sleep on my back. JESUS CHRIST SAVES.
also try changing your location
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by SmileGirl(f): 11:48pm On Sep 10, 2012
I feel sorry 4 d atheists and scientists who say dat God and demons dont exist. Until you start seeing them with your two 'kokoro' eyes. U will know how far. It's not only spiritual things that Prayer work, even in health. I have escaped near-death sicknesses because of the name Jesus. U can use ur experiments to find out how these spirits control the human body and mind. I hope the evil ones don't kill u b4 u realise it
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 11:50pm On Sep 10, 2012
chindi:
Going bak 2 sleep wen I'm not freed only prolongs d issue, because even when I wake up frm such sleep, I still feel bound nd paralysed. The surest way na JESUS o, for in His Name, every 'sleeping paralysis' watsoever must let go.
now going back to sleep, try closing your eyes and concentrate for 5 seconds ..then ure good to go
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by brosnan68: 11:51pm On Sep 10, 2012
donigspain:
EXACTLY!
Happened to me about two months ago. I tried overcoming the spooky stuff with 'mind control' method but it didn't work. I resolved to calling JESUS CHRIST and after a few 'calls' I got freed.
Phoned mum 'sharpally' and a day fasting was declared on my head in absentia.

shocked shocked
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by cashman18(m): 11:58pm On Sep 10, 2012
plz i need urgent answer. How about wen u sleep n woke up wit some marks on ur body, is it stil sleeping paralysis or what? Explain!
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 12:06am On Sep 11, 2012
cashman18: plz i need urgent answer. How about wen u sleep n woke up wit some marks on ur body, is it stil sleeping paralysis or what? Explain!
lol grin u got a spirit wife grin
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by SmileGirl(f): 12:06am On Sep 11, 2012
Witches or no witches. D name of Jesus saves. Sanchez if u hav a problem wit african mentality, then check ur own mentality. Don't you know it's possible for you to know all & still become a victim of ignorance. I read science but that does not make me to reject God's help. Daniel was great in science and spiritual gifts, that was why he excelled than all the Babylonian scientists. Claiming 'I too know'

1 Like

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by StepG: 12:33am On Sep 11, 2012
u hv said it all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Remedy To Ease Drunkenness. / Man Who Underwent Mistaken Brain Surgery At Kenyan Hospital Discharged / JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.