Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

Is It Must For A Man To Propose To His Wife To Be With A Ring - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Must For A Man To Propose To His Wife To Be With A Ring (581 Views)

Bought A Ring & Wanted To Propose To My Girl Inside Church Today, But I Faild / When He Proposes With $70k Instead Of With A Ring / Man Tries To Force A Ring On His Girlfriend’s Finger As She Rejects His Proposal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Must For A Man To Propose To His Wife To Be With A Ring by willi926(m): 1:31pm On May 03, 2023
Just like the topic,must a man propose to his wife to be with a ring. A friend of mine said he will only give his wife to be a ring on the wedding day. That the day he would propose he would do so without a ring and once his wife to be accept na to begin marriage preparation. Say he can even use a necklace or bangle to propose if he wants. grin
Re: Is It Must For A Man To Propose To His Wife To Be With A Ring by nightfox01(m): 2:37pm On May 03, 2023
It shows ownership

DURR

1 Like

Re: Is It Must For A Man To Propose To His Wife To Be With A Ring by marlow1962(m): 2:45pm On May 03, 2023
I do not know about that, what I know is that "I will never kneel down to propose to a lady", never.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Must For A Man To Propose To His Wife To Be With A Ring by MasterJayJay: 2:45pm On May 03, 2023
That is oyibo culture. I have never had such imagination in my head when thinking of my future spouse.

1 Like

Re: Is It Must For A Man To Propose To His Wife To Be With A Ring by Rokiat(f): 3:34pm On May 03, 2023
Simple answer No.
Re: Is It Must For A Man To Propose To His Wife To Be With A Ring by Fahvvy: 3:34pm On May 03, 2023
It's not only ring o angry...
You can use bi-bo to propose grin...
Or maybe you use the gods of your fathers grin...
Re: Is It Must For A Man To Propose To His Wife To Be With A Ring by helinues: 3:59pm On May 03, 2023
The ring is just an assurance. It's advisable
Re: Is It Must For A Man To Propose To His Wife To Be With A Ring by Autobot05: 5:45pm On May 03, 2023
marlow1962:
I do not know about that, what I know is that "I will never kneel down to propose to a lady", never.

Comrade that thinks like me
Re: Is It Must For A Man To Propose To His Wife To Be With A Ring by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 03, 2023
marlow1962:
What is the big deal there? When you find her, you won't know when you will get on your knees to pop the question. Na two knees you go use sef. In the meantime, keep saying you won't πŸ™„πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

1 Like

Re: Is It Must For A Man To Propose To His Wife To Be With A Ring by MasterJayJay: 8:18pm On May 03, 2023
Exodus15v11:
What is the big deal there? When you find her, you won't know when you will get on your knees to pop the question. Na two knees you go use sef. In the meantime, keep saying you won't
99% of Nigerian men did not kneel down to propose to their wives. Many won't be influenced by hollywood. Therefore, lower your expectation.
Re: Is It Must For A Man To Propose To His Wife To Be With A Ring by Kobojunkie: 8:42pm On May 03, 2023
willi926:
Just like the topic,must a man propose to his wife to be with a ring. A friend of mine said he will only give his wife to be a ring on the wedding day. That the day he would propose he would do so without a ring and once his wife to be accept na to begin marriage preparation. Say he can even use a necklace or bangle to propose if he wants. grin
Ask the lady you are dating what she prefers. Stop following trends sheepishly! undecided
Re: Is It Must For A Man To Propose To His Wife To Be With A Ring by Nobody: 11:32pm On May 03, 2023
MasterJayJay:

99% of Nigerian men did not kneel down to propose to their wives. Many won't be influenced by hollywood. Therefore, lower your expectation.
Tell that to your sisters
Re: Is It Must For A Man To Propose To His Wife To Be With A Ring by sslcrypt: 2:50am On May 04, 2023
Yes you have to, I proposed to my wife when she was asleep. I laid towards the bed and tapped her gently, that I want to tell her something important. When she saw the ring she shouted with excitement. The kneeling down is a foolish way of proposing, a woman that's yours won't even reason such. We have been married for 7 years now.
Re: Is It Must For A Man To Propose To His Wife To Be With A Ring by onumadu: 3:56am On May 04, 2023
I don't even wear wedding ring because it just doesn't feel right spiritually.
It feels like a dog-leash, harness, or some yoke of sorts.
It feels carnal somehow.
I wear "my ring" in my heart.
Wearing the ring in the heart sets me free to love my wife with my heart and not with my leash ring.
Anybody wearing a ring can take it off, mess around, and put it back on again.
But if you wear it in your heart, you can't take it off.
It takes serious spiritual evolution or enlightenment to do.
Re: Is It Must For A Man To Propose To His Wife To Be With A Ring by marlow1962(m): 7:36am On May 04, 2023
Exodus15v11:
What is the big deal there? When you find her, you won't know when you will get on your knees to pop the question. Na two knees you go use sef. In the meantime, keep saying you won't πŸ™„πŸ˜…πŸ˜…
No be only two knees, I go even support am with my headπŸ˜…πŸ˜…
Re: Is It Must For A Man To Propose To His Wife To Be With A Ring by MasterJayJay: 9:11am On May 04, 2023
Exodus15v11:
Tell that to your sisters
I am telling it to everyone except the DEAF.
Re: Is It Must For A Man To Propose To His Wife To Be With A Ring by internationalman(m): 9:30am On May 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Ask the lady you are dating what she prefers. Stop following trends sheepishly! undecided

There's no fun in it if it's not coming as a surprise.
Re: Is It Must For A Man To Propose To His Wife To Be With A Ring by Kobojunkie: 11:57am On May 04, 2023
internationalman:

There's no fun in it if it's not coming as a surprise.
How is it a surprise if you do what everyone else is doing?, undecided
Re: Is It Must For A Man To Propose To His Wife To Be With A Ring by IkeIgboNile(m): 12:21pm On May 04, 2023
I'll definitely get my wife a ring but i won't kneel down to give it to her.

(1) (Reply)

Weird Actress Deliberately Records Herself Having Wild Flexing Wit Stepbrother / Do People Really Value Marriage Nowadays? / Ladies Were Created Only For The Sexual Entertainment Of Men. True Or False?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.