Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,335 members, 7,829,851 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG (15611 Views)

Petrol In Nigeria Cheapest, Most Affordable In West Africa - Ajuri Ngelale / 9 Ways To Save Your Electricity Consumption by NERC / Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity Consumption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by headboyprince(m): 11:32am On May 07, 2023
Angelfrost:
I agree...!

Nigerians just don't like paying taxes and utilities!

Yet, they can spend twice that amount on senseless things!

My neighbor at home hasn't paid a dime of electricity bills for months but can spend tens of thousands on generator fueling disturbing our area peace daily.
you're have no atom of sense in you.... just listen to yourself... no wonder your leaders dey kick una around like football with no direction... no get sense... angry

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by Segzy19: 11:32am On May 07, 2023
But the masses are still too poor that they can't afford it..... Boost the livelihood of the masses and they will be able to afford even a higher electricity tarrif
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by pendragonbladgo(m): 11:33am On May 07, 2023
That is very true. Other countries, you pay very high to bills. In fact: All your money goes to bills and taxes.

But my take is this, remove subsidy and increase charges - but let their be an uninterrupted supply and steady flow. We will pay simply. Defaulters, get them forced up and sealed in disconnect.

We achieved that in Telecoms industry during Obasanjos Government. Let's achieve it in other sector.
Meanwhile, I have plan to have just 2children so that I can pay bills and fund their increased Nigeria Institution school fees.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by goody234: 11:35am On May 07, 2023
Disgrace no shame you hardly provide it its cheap because nobody has it, useless beings
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by nairalanda1(m): 11:35am On May 07, 2023
Mrfeel:

If you think low bills is the reason Nigeria doesn't have constant electricity then you have little knowledge of the power problem in Nigeria , all these companies you mentioned are just power distribution companies

I do, and I have a good understanding.

Have been reading up about this for years.

At the end, low tarrifs means no profits....which means no money for things like upgrades and new power stations.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by BJanta: 11:36am On May 07, 2023
Because it's the worst.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by nairalanda1(m): 11:37am On May 07, 2023
pendragonbladgo:
That is very true. Other countries, you pay very high to bills. In fact: All your money goes to bills and taxes.

But my take is this, remove subsidy and increase charges - but let their be an uninterrupted supply and steady flow. We will pay simply. Defaulters, get them forced up and sealed in disconnect.

We achieved that in Telecoms industry during Obasanjos Government. Let's achieve it in other sector.
Meanwhile, I have plan to have just 2children so that I can pay bills and fund their increased Nigeria Institution school fees.

Even with telecoms, people still complain about 'high prices'.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by seaenergy: 11:37am On May 07, 2023
EcoBrick:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/05/cost-of-electricity-consumption-in-nigeria-cheapest-in-the-world-fg/

Mynd44

How can unavailable product be cheaper in the market? 15cent is above 100 naira per a kilowatts. A kilowatts in Ghana is below 100 naira and the ECG products is available. But in Nigeria case no light how come about cheap.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by nairalanda1(m): 11:38am On May 07, 2023
Mrfeel:

If you think low bills is the reason Nigeria doesn't have constant electricity then you have little knowledge of the power problem in Nigeria , all these companies you mentioned are just power distribution companies

If you have time, go through this paper by PWC on the Nigerian power sector.

PAPER HERE IN PDF

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by Franking: 11:38am On May 07, 2023
Minimum wage nko?
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by Flier: 11:39am On May 07, 2023
helinues:
Where is the electricity?

Up Nepa

grin
People are ready to pay if they can provide the electricity

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by quinox947: 11:39am On May 07, 2023
I do not think so. Nigerians pay even for electricity that is neither generated nor transmitted or even distributed. At zero cost of production, Nigerians are made to pay something.

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by ufotunang: 11:41am On May 07, 2023
A failure must always give excuses... giving excuses since 2015

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:41am On May 07, 2023
Mrfeel:

Compare how constant electricity is in other countries to Nigeria , it's better to pay higher for constant electricity than pay low for on and off electricity
Nigerians will pay higher more than your wildest dreams if they know that you will not squander or embezzle the their monies. They will pay if you are faithful with our resources and you do what you say about progressive improvement of the electricity generation.
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by TenQ: 11:41am On May 07, 2023
Acekidc4:
It's true na, compare our cost to other Countries own, you will see that we are enjoying in this our Country.

Like in my Area here, we enjoy Electricity a lot and at a Cheaper Cost.

I know in some Areas, Nepa are not doing Well at all.
Tell me, how much to the nearest cent you earn on the average per month?

This is the test of how cheap or how expensive any commodity is!

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by ufotunang: 11:43am On May 07, 2023
Ok electricity is cheap...the darkness bill we are paying in Nigeria
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by FireUpNow(m): 11:43am On May 07, 2023
Supply of electricity in Nigeria is among the worst in the world and I want FG to take note of this. Our hospitals are some of the worst in the world and I hope that FG is aware of these.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by ufotunang: 11:44am On May 07, 2023
GeneralPula:
No be lie..
..no be lie abi...and nigerians pay darkness electricity bill in nigeria
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by Poleski: 11:44am On May 07, 2023
Where do you even see the electricity before knowing whether it's cheap or not? Is it the one they bring once (2-4hrs) in a week and still charge me 13k?

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by Mrfeel: 11:45am On May 07, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:
Nigerians will pay higher more than your wildest dreams if they know that you will not squander or embezzle the their monies. They will pay if you are faithful with our resources and you do what you say about progressive improvement of the electricity generation.
No , Nigerians will pay as high as it takes , if only they light is constant

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by Flier: 11:45am On May 07, 2023
Mrfeel:

They need to invest and provide stable electricity first then see if people wont pay

For example a friend of mine is paying 6 million naira per month,his company is near Army barrack so they give him light atleast 18hours a day but my own factory that is situated in so called residential district as they grouped it get like 24hrs of electricity in a month
They give me 200k bill but i refused to pay,cut off their light and rely on generator,even though i spend like 12 million naira on diesel every month,it gives me joy than paying 200k to Nepa for the light they did not supply me

Even with little electricity we are generating,if they have sense,they will priotise companies and establisment,make sure all the major roads in nigeria get 24 hours electricity supply and mandate companies to leave residential areas and move to major roads to get stable stupply,by doing this they can get enough money to reinvest in the business
for example,the Nigerian brewery that i know is now using Solar and cocacola is also using diesel

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by Olamigenius(m): 11:45am On May 07, 2023
Shey Na why we no get am

Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by ufotunang: 11:45am On May 07, 2023
Acekidc4:
It's true na, compare our cost to other Countries own, you will see that we are enjoying in this our Country.

.... nigerians pay darkness electricity bill
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by chatinent: 11:47am On May 07, 2023
Acekidc4:

Well, it's not factual to compare Nigeria's epileptic power supply with countries with steady light.

They should make it steady! People will pay! I will pay.
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by Dubetex96(m): 11:48am On May 07, 2023
Each time APC is always looking for avenue to console Nigerians despite failing woefully to ameliorate the sufferings of it citizens. This time around they are all out to defend Buhari government ineptitude towards good governance.

APC are bloody liars, Believe their super story at your own peril

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by Germi9: 11:50am On May 07, 2023
Acekidc4:

Abeg which area you they?
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by Mrfeel: 11:51am On May 07, 2023
nairalanda1:

I do, and I have a good understanding.

Have been reading up about this for years.

At the end, low tarrifs means no profits....which means no money for things like upgrades and new power stations.

Nigeria had all the money to generate and distribute electricity to all Nigerians right from the time oil was booming , it was never about lack of money or lack of profits , where is the $16 billion obasanjo claim to invest into power when in reality the money never reach there? It's never about profit , Nigerians pay for electricity that they don't even use

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by bonnyhope: 11:52am On May 07, 2023
Where is even the electricity to consume
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by Cantonese: 11:52am On May 07, 2023
Acekidc4:

If the level of misery, hardship, sorrow and suffering people pass through in this country is your “enjoying”, continue it. Say amen to it.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by Angelfrost(m): 11:53am On May 07, 2023
headboyprince:
you're have no atom of sense in you.... just listen to yourself... no wonder your leaders dey kick una around like football with no direction... no get sense... angry

The truth is painful bro! So, I feel your pain.

I have criticized our leaders on this forum more than anyone else. Go verify!

But, a lot of us don't like corporate social responsibility. We just don't! Period!
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by Lovenorth: 11:53am On May 07, 2023
Did you do us any favour? Is the petrol and electricity belongs to your father?
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by Pickmycall: 11:54am On May 07, 2023
What is the minimum wage of those countries.These politicians want nigerians to struggle for survival while they live at their expenses.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

CAN Visits Buhari, Says APC Becoming Corrupt Politicians’ Safe Haven / 'Boycott 2019 Election' - Nnamdi Kanu Tells IPOB In New Year Speech (Audio) / President Buhari In Bilateral Meeting With State Of Palestine (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.