Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,436 members, 7,830,200 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG (15613 Views)

Petrol In Nigeria Cheapest, Most Affordable In West Africa - Ajuri Ngelale / 9 Ways To Save Your Electricity Consumption by NERC / Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity Consumption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by funshint(m): 12:55pm On May 07, 2023
nairalanda1:

They do. Very much so. And yes, they reject power from GENCOS becasuse their low monies from tarrif collection means they cannot pay for the power they eventually reject. If they accepted it, the debt they would incur would make their current disastrous debt look like chicken change.

And who were allowed to SET THEIR PRICES. Nothing like price controls, and services back in the day were very bad (The reason why many Nigerians started having two phone lines is because for a time you could not use MTN lines to call other networks and vice versa, and you could not call NITEL lines or any other land lines)

But they were allowed to SET THEIR PRICES.....and as a result, they made a profit and made things better, and prices eventually came down because compettion.

DISCOS can't set their prices...and government even prevented them from rasing their prices as allowed by the laws for two years.

Oga, even with the price increases, government DOES NOT LET DISCOS RAISE PRICES ABOVE WHAT IT COSTS TO PRODUCE POWER.

Now before you quote me again, answer this question.

You are rasing chickens, and it costs you N5000 to raise one chicken. Broilers. Would you sell them at N1000 to help the poor, or at N7000 to make a profit?
How do you want to make more money when you're not even supplying the electricity? Even at the current rate does the supply commensurate with what people are paying for? Give us the steady power first and let's see if people won't pay even if the tariffs increases. If you people lack the capacity and funds to do business it's better they unbundle you people and bring in serious investors who have the financial and technical muscle for the power sector. You can't come and strangulate us with high tariffs just because you want to keep your business afloat.
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by nairalanda1(m): 12:56pm On May 07, 2023
funshint:

How do you want to make more money when you're not even supplying the electricity? Even at the current rate does the supply commensurate with what people are paying for? Give us the steady power first and let's see if people won't pay even if the tariffs increases. If you people lack the capacity and funds to do business it's better they unbundle you people and bring in serious investors who have the financial and technical muscle for the power sector. You can't come and strangulate us with high tariffs just because you want to keep your business afloat.

Oga, things cost money.
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by Brownshoe: 12:57pm On May 07, 2023
Cheap things no dey good na, that's why the light no good,
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by almarthins(m): 12:59pm On May 07, 2023
EcoBrick:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/05/cost-of-electricity-consumption-in-nigeria-cheapest-in-the-world-fg/

Mynd44

Dem don come again.

Minimum wage dem no fit pay
Natural resources are shared amongst the elites of distant land, while the local suffers.
Insecurity is another issue.

As for me o, fg should keep quiet because dem no fg reach.
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by Chetas81(m): 1:00pm On May 07, 2023
All Nigerian citizen called FG are useless and the enemy of our motherland
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by Bahamas95(m): 1:00pm On May 07, 2023
Do these idiots even have brains at all?

Someone would just open his/her dirty mouth and be vomiting trash......For over a week now no light in my area and the idiots would still expect us to pay bill.

Nigeria is the only country in the world where electricity consumers pay for darkness.
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by mrdipye(m): 1:02pm On May 07, 2023
Useless govt with useless propaganda
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by ekukeku(m): 1:05pm On May 07, 2023
Instead of us to go out dere & stone Dem, we kip ranting online, our dear FG is d real Evil
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by luckyz4rea(m): 1:06pm On May 07, 2023
We’ve got to be the cheapest because we hardly get what we pay for
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by DavSagacity(m): 1:07pm On May 07, 2023
Acekidc4:
It's true na, compare our cost to other Countries own, you will see that we are enjoying in this our Country.

Like in my Area here, we enjoy Electricity a lot and at a Cheaper Cost.

I know in some Areas, Nepa are not doing Well at all.
Do we have the same standard on living compared to other countries of the world..? Do we have tue same minimum wage..? Do we have the same erratic power supply..?
Co' mmon man. There is really no basis for comparison when it come to whether we have the same electricity tarrif. Do we enjoy the same constant power supply like other countries they are comparing us to..??
In my area in Abeokuta Ogun state... We have not have light for the past 3 weeks yet i pay for services that i do not enjoy.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by Mrfeel: 1:08pm On May 07, 2023
nairalanda1:

How would you make enough money to pay for improvements if your tarrifs are below production price and some of your customers are not paying you even?

Would YOU do business under such conditions.?

Seriously, there is no such thing as cheap power. Power costs MONEY.

Even if Nigeria increases the price of it's monthly power supply nothing will change rather people will buy more generators to use cause people are not getting the electricity they pay for ,an average Nigerian with generator spend more money on fueling his gen on a daily basis cause there is no light , in my town everyone uses prepared meters the meter turns off when you don't pay , still the light is not constant

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by funshint(m): 1:10pm On May 07, 2023
nairalanda1:

Oga, things cost money.
Thank God we're entering a new administration. If you think all the nonsense you did under Buhari will be tolerated by Tinubu; you're joking. How will you even explain this to him? The Tinubu I know will rather tell you to close down than to impose any further increase which does not guarantee supply. He's someone that rationalizes things alot. Tinubu will review the privatization done in the power sector and believe you me; many of you will leave business for lack of capacity. We're actually seeing the last of your nonsense in this country! angry
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by DavSagacity(m): 1:10pm On May 07, 2023
Johnpaulooo:
Pls someone should assist me

Hello, if you need a job drop your location, your qualifications , the types of work u can do . This internet begging style is demeaning. Its not good.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by brainhgeek(m): 1:11pm On May 07, 2023
Insensitive, wicked and thiefing government. All you know how to do is to justify the wickedness you met out on your citizens. Why has none of you decry Nigeria's minimum wage as one of the lowest in the world yet, the idiots dictating to us will keep comparing why oil in Nigeria should be cheaper than oil in Saudi Arabia.
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by GoodbutBadguy: 1:11pm On May 07, 2023
Most Nigerians are greedy, they want the best things at a cheap price undecided (Education, 24/7 power, good roads, health facilities, etc) yet they can't afford to pay the price. An average school fee is 45k in Nigeria but x100 in the UK, and electricity units abroad are 5x the cost of ours, health insurance is a must for all in sane clime. If I may ask how many Nigerians are willing to pay these prices like the West does? No government even Saint. Obi can't give us an eldorado we dream of without us citizens paying the prices. I hope BAT will be bold enough to remove subsidies and enforce family insurance policies, and taxes, then make good use of those revenues like the West so that we can have the eldorado of our own cool
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by nairalanda1(m): 1:11pm On May 07, 2023
funshint:

Thank God we're entering a new administration. If you think all the nonsense you did under Buhari will be tolerated by Tinubu; you're joking. How will you even explain this to him? The Tinubu I know will rather tell you to close down than to impose any further increase which does not guarantee supply. He's someone that rationalizes things alot. Tinubu will review the privatization done in the power sector and believe you me; many of you will leave business for lack of capacity. We're actually seeing the last of your nonsense in this country! angry

So, if you were selling bread that cost you N1000 a loaf to make, you would sell it at N200 per loaf to help poor Nigerians.

No profit to pay your suppliers, and workers, and your taxes, and yourself.

But hey, that's the thing you endorse.

Good afternoon.

And don't call me an APC, Buhari, or tinubu supporter again, and I am not in the power sector.
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by khalids: 1:12pm On May 07, 2023
nairalanda1:

We have a poor and inefficent power supply because anytime Government tries to let it be set by the DISCOS and GENCOS, you guys cry about poverty and how Nigerians are suffering.

So, where are the power companies supposed to make a profit to improve things?

Seriously?

Firstly, who was the Discos and Gencos sold to.....how much have they put into the system to improve it.
Why is a simple solution such as a prepaid meter supply to ensure full payment, hard for them to implement..... were they not aware of the challenges in the system before the got there and what exactly was their plan...

The majority of the owners of the Discos and Gencos are former government officials, who are complicit in the current problems we face and are still complicit even now

We have power and inefficient power supply...because we have the wrong people in power, they have no solutions, their thinking is always self centered

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by nairalanda1(m): 1:14pm On May 07, 2023
khalids:

Firstly, who was the Discos and Gencos sold to.....how much have they put into the system to improve it.
Why is a simple solution such as a prepaid meter supply to ensure full payment, hard for them to implement..... were they not aware of the challenges in the system before the got there and what exactly was their plan...

The majority of the owners of the Discos and Gencos are former government officials, who are complicit in the current problems we face and are still complicit even now

We have power and inefficient power supply...because we have the wrong people in power, they have no solutions, their thinking is always self centered

Power costs money. You better understand that.

Even if we handed over the DISOCS to people you consider suitable, they have to be freed to set their own prices, not forced to charge cheap.
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by iykechas2002: 1:16pm On May 07, 2023
And what do u want to do? Increase tariff? Nonsense government. You won't compare Nigeria with other things that is good in the world. Like health care, basis amenities. It's only what they would gain they are preaching about.

God help us
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by Bluntemperor: 1:23pm On May 07, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:
But the cost of corruption in Nigeria is the highest in the world

Don't mind them,who is the Minister in charge here?
Who is Minister of State for Power here - nobody knows them,as they failed to perform and not even the DISCOS know them! No single activities or action for four yrs! Not even Pre-paid Metres are available or available to highest bidder!
These are the People that ought to have been shown the way out,for Non- performance!
No light in the day,No light at night!
Everyday,No light and you bring heavy bills to the Masses for Darkness!
Yet Nigeria is not experiencing Hurricanes,nor Typhoon as in most Western Countries,yet Power is restored within a week of any Natural Disasters!
Nigerians are in darkness,when American are living in the Moon! Corruption has been instituted here!
Very Shameful indeed!

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by abbasajao(m): 1:29pm On May 07, 2023
And also help the citizens to campare Nigerians earnings to other part of the world.

Very irresponsible statement.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by nedekid: 1:35pm On May 07, 2023
Mumu post.
Minimum wage lowest in the word too. undecided
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by VULCAN(m): 1:36pm On May 07, 2023
You deserve a statue for this statement.

Where is Rochas when you need him?

VeeVeeMyLuv:
But the cost of corruption in Nigeria is the highest in the world

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by Reference(m): 1:37pm On May 07, 2023
Hahahaha.... I like the way Nigerians are being bombarded by inflation like uranium 235 with neutrons. Particularly when all the money collected by government will be stolen by the very same people they kick and scream to have appointed into office.

2023-27 will be a season of nuclear accidents in Nigeria.....hahahaha.... tax and spend waste... steal government.
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by Highremedy: 1:40pm On May 07, 2023
Why not.... when Nigeria wage is the lowest in the world.
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by BigName101: 1:40pm On May 07, 2023
Acekidc4:
It's true na, compare our cost to other Countries own, you will see that we are enjoying in this our Country.

Like in my Area here, we enjoy Electricity a lot and at a Cheaper Cost.

I know in some Areas, Nepa are not doing Well at all.
Yes o. In my 3 bedroom apartment, light bill for this month alone is 173€, now convert that.
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by AK481(m): 1:41pm On May 07, 2023
Someone should fact check the cost of electricity.
This mam can lie
Re: Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG by Babysho(m): 1:48pm On May 07, 2023
GreyLaw:
Rubbish. Just like Ngige shouting at the top of his lungs about subsidised education. You can only call something subsidised when you offer original quality/quantity at reduced cost.

Nigeria wey light no dey and people dey pray make PHCN give light for heat period make dem fit use fan na hin dem say their electricity be the cheapest.

Thanks goodness Buhari is packing his bags home to his home in Niger or wherever he calls home. Let's someone else try. Maybe BAT go do better. Just maybe.

You spoil am with your last sentence. Someone that is so hungry for power that he will even stay silent as the people he wants to govern are opppressed and wounded cannot care for those same people.

Life doesn't work that way. Na this 'wuru wuru take am as e be' lifestyle na e put Nigeria at this level wey FG go fit open mouth talk about electricity. They know say na nonsense them talk but maybe Nigerians no go complain. Just maybe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Justice Ajumogobia's Brother Who Wired $150,000 Into Her Account / Ramadan: Book Haram Planning Bombing – Army / Hunger: We Are Waiting For Buhari In 2019 – Nigerian Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.