Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,114 members, 7,860,029 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:36 AM

''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) (62239 Views)

Several People Arrested In The UK For Protesting Against The Monarchy / Thousands Protest In Brazil,as President Joins Protest Against Own Government / People Protest Against Lockdown In Ohio, USA (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by IamPlato(m): 3:30pm On May 06, 2023
lhordspy:

And that spells a long time back and forth trouble. The voices are growing.
except there is a world war those protesters are wasting their time... The Royal family has the backing of Europe and America, they should just forget it.

3 Likes

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by jesmond3945: 3:31pm On May 06, 2023
MasterJayJay:
Clowns! The British monarchy is just ceremonial. No executive power

Do they even know amount of money that the monarchy brings into uk economy from tourism?

And some Nigerians that have thousands of kings in their villages are supporting the protesters. Hypocritical clowns!
They have powers bro. They sign bills to become law.

1 Like

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by ElectGINeer(m): 3:31pm On May 06, 2023
Obidients, UK branch grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by lexy2014: 3:31pm On May 06, 2023
lhordspy:
Three factors playing out:

1. The King isnt as popular as the Late queen Elizabeth. The people are not use to the change yet and they dont seem like they want to or going to get use to it anytime soon.

2. The Late Princess Diana death is still playing against everyone in the royal family. The Citizens still looking for scapegoats.
Queen Camillia is always the victim here.

3. I think the citizens are tired of not being able to elect their leader themselves. They want a president not some fancy kingdom with kings and queens.

They wish to vote their leader themselves. They want to be the decider and for that to happen, they need to scrap the monarchy system entirely.

Not very possible with the way things stand.

very very wrong. where did you come up with all these?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_(pressure_group)
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Electorate: 3:34pm On May 06, 2023
lhordspy:

Amin inshallahu cool .

The cold is much here btw. How is Nigeria over there? grin

You better port yourself back to Nigeria, so you japa after voting a drug baron to further inflict hardship on Nigerians.
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Jsucre(m): 3:34pm On May 06, 2023
tfelicityk:
Hope Nigerians are learning now?
learning what
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by lhordspy: 3:35pm On May 06, 2023
lexy2014:

very very wrong. where did you come up with all these?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_(pressure_group)

I got the views of many protesters interviewed during the protest.
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by IamPlato(m): 3:36pm On May 06, 2023
lhordspy:

And that spells a long time back and forth trouble. The voices are growing.
also I consider it foolish for people to fight the royal family. First of all, what is the origin of the royal family?

Imagine a group of people coming together to say they want to pull down your family heritage. You sef reason am.

To me only a foolish and jobless person will go out fighting the royal family of England, plus the fact that you are bunch of nobodies that the world doesn't give a Bleep about.

2 Likes

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by kingyakos: 3:36pm On May 06, 2023
Buhari government and the useless police should see how the citizens right is being protected there. No gunshots, no teagas no water cannon on their citizens. No military personnel too.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by lhordspy: 3:36pm On May 06, 2023
IamPlato:
except there is a world war those protesters are wasting their time... The Royal family has the backing of Europe and America, they should just forget it.

The royal family are minorities. The citizens are majority.

Will 'Europe and America' declare war on people of UK ?

Think.

2 Likes

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Abudu2000(m): 3:37pm On May 06, 2023
grin Only the oba of benin and ife should remain, other kings in Nigeria should be scrapped and provided jobs lol. They are only using their thrones to marry more wives.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Guyman01: 3:38pm On May 06, 2023
lhordspy:

1. The King isnt as popular as the Late queen Elizabeth. The people are not use to the change yet and they dont seem like they want to or going to get use to it anytime soon.

2. The Late Princess Diana death is still playing against everyone in the royal family. The Citizens still looking for scapegoats.

3. I think the citizens are tired of not being able to elect their leader themselves. They want a president not some fancy kingdom with kings and queens.

They wish to vote their leader themselves. They want to be the decider and for that to happen, they need to scrap the monarchy system entirely.

Non of the above, you can't be preaching democracy abroad whilst keeping an expensive monarchy at home
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by IamPlato(m): 3:39pm On May 06, 2023
lhordspy:

I got the views of many protesters interviewed during the protest.
and how is presidency better than monarchy? 🤣

There is a reason why there is Monarchy. It is not a fancy elite family sitting on the wealth of England.

Stop listening to ignorant protesters

2 Likes

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by lhordspy: 3:39pm On May 06, 2023
IamPlato:
also I consider it foolish for people to fight the royal family. First of all, what is the origin of the royal family?

Imagine a group of people coming together to say they want to pull down your family heritage. You sef reason am.

To me only a foolish and jobless person will go out fighting the royal family of England, plus the fact that you are bunch of nobodies that the world doesn't give a Bleep about.

They are not foolish. My family heritage is only personal to me and my extended family. But the royal family lords over millions of people, reason why the citizens of UK are called Subject. They are subjected to the royal family. So voicing out their opinion about their 'Lords' is not foolishness.

Human crave for change is also natural.

8 Likes

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Akaegwu(m): 3:40pm On May 06, 2023
seunny4lif:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
I swear, since Police officers have been arresting any anti-monarchy protesters up and down since yesterday because if this is in Iran or any other country, USA will be preaching freedom of speech and human rights grin grin
US was once British colony
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by lhordspy: 3:41pm On May 06, 2023
Guyman01:

Non of the above, you can't be preaching democracy abroad whilst keeping an expensive monarchy at home

Hmm. Another angle to it.
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by IamPlato(m): 3:42pm On May 06, 2023
lhordspy:

The royal family are minorities. The citizens are majority.

Will 'Europe and America' declare war on people of UK ?

Think.
oga nobody will take down the monarchy because people protested.

Do you know the origin of the family?

Let's go to your village, now imagine people saying we should take down all the kings and rulers in Nigeria, why? Because people think they are not useful. Does that make sense to you?

2 Likes

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by razzydoo(m): 3:42pm On May 06, 2023
Human beings in a mob. What's a mob to a king? Rebellion against constituted authority is at an all-time high.
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by IamPlato(m): 3:45pm On May 06, 2023
lhordspy:

They are not foolish. My family heritage is only personal to me and my extended family. But the royal family lords over millions of people, reason why the citizens of UK are called Subject. They are subjected to the royal family. So voicing out their opinion about their 'Lords' is not foolishness.

Human crave for change is also natural.
in Nigeria we all subjects bro... Citizens is just a fancy word 🤣 you are still under control and laws.

Besides, under the royal family exists three arms of government, the same arms that African governments have so what is the point of protesting.

Do you think if the royal family is eliminated that UK will be better? 🤣 Bros abeg close this matter

2 Likes

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by ProtonX: 3:46pm On May 06, 2023
lhordspy:

No. They do not want the monarchy because:
- They have continued to live extravagant lives while the average Briton suffers, more taxes, higher cost of living, etc. Including the money spent on this coronation as a state event. Figures they won't make public due to backlash. But speculations say £250 million of state money. There are more food banks here in the UK than ever before.

- The colonial past and present. The deeds have come to light. Most people are no longer ignorant of what happened under the Monarchy with commonwealth countries.

- People like Prince Andrew with paedophile charges still walking free because he is a member of the Royal Family.

- We will have a Diana over a Camilla. She was an epitome of class, beauty, intelligence, and empathy. She never let royalty get to her head. We see that in Harry. Camilla was a side chick who was allowed into their marriage by the current King, then Prince Charles. And no, she can never fit in Diana's shoes.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Nchenches: 3:47pm On May 06, 2023
lhordspy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48Lxa8UwUnA

Protesters Are Demanding An Elected Head Of State, Say The Royal Family Has No Place In A Modern Constitutional Democracy And Is Staggeringly Expensive To Maintain.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/05/06/republic-protests-king-charles-coronation/

SEVERAL ANTI-MONARCHY PROTESTER ARRESTED

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/05/06/uk/king-charles-anti-monarchy-protest-arrests-ckc-gbr-intl/index.html

Photo credit:
Sebastien Bozon - WPA Pool/Getty Images
Gareth Fuller/Pool via REUTERS
Justin Tallis - WPA Pool/Getty Images
Piroschka van de Wouw -WPA Pool/Gettyimage

OMG

What has the resident Mallam Islamic Jihadist of Nl got to do with British monarchy and residents?
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Hawkler: 3:47pm On May 06, 2023
90% of them are Irish.
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by IamPlato(m): 3:47pm On May 06, 2023
Abudu2000:
grin Only the oba of benin and ife should remain, other kings in Nigeria should be scrapped and provided jobs lol. They are only using their thrones to marry more wives.
why should oba of Benin and Ife remain?
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by TheOgaBoss: 3:49pm On May 06, 2023
MasterJayJay:
Clowns! The British monarchy is just ceremonial. No executive power

Do they even know amount of money that the monarchy brings into uk economy from tourism?

And some Nigerians that have thousands of kings in their villages are supporting the protesters. Hypocritical clowns!
it may be ceremonial but everything about the monarchy is funded by the state and that burden is borne by the taxpayer.

2 Likes

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by ayeni9: 3:49pm On May 06, 2023
Abudu2000:

ORANGUN ?
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Bigchristo: 3:51pm On May 06, 2023
lhordspy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48Lxa8UwUnA

Protesters Are Demanding An Elected Head Of State, Say The Royal Family Has No Place In A Modern Constitutional Democracy And Is Staggeringly Expensive To Maintain.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/05/06/republic-protests-king-charles-coronation/

SEVERAL ANTI-MONARCHY PROTESTER ARRESTED

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/05/06/uk/king-charles-anti-monarchy-protest-arrests-ckc-gbr-intl/index.html

Photo credit:
Sebastien Bozon - WPA Pool/Getty Images
Gareth Fuller/Pool via REUTERS
Justin Tallis - WPA Pool/Getty Images
Piroschka van de Wouw -WPA Pool/Gettyimage

Imagine if this protest was in Nigeria you will hear news like: 10 people killed during on going protest, while thousands of others arrested for treasonable offenses for trying to overthrow the king, but here in the pictures you can only see police maintaining law and orders because they know protest is the right of the people, may we find our steps back to where we get it wrong in Jesus name because our thinking is quite different from the rest of the world 🌎 R.I.P to those who died in Endsars protest and various protest around Nigeria may God give them peace as our nation failed them n cut short their lives
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by delishpot: 3:51pm On May 06, 2023
lhordspy:

Queen Consort. She isn't the Queen.

1 Like

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by EdafeCriss: 3:52pm On May 06, 2023
Hahaha
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by IamPlato(m): 3:52pm On May 06, 2023
ProtonX:

No. They do not want the monarchy because:
- They have continued to live extravagant lives while the average Briton suffers, more taxes, higher cost of living, etc. Including the money spent on this coronation. There are more food banks here in the UK than ever before.

- The colonial past and present. The deeds have come to light. Most people are no longer ignorant of what happened under the Monarchy with commonwealth countries.

- People like Prince Andrew with paedophile charges still walking free because he is a member of the Royal Family.

- We will have a Diana over a Camilla. She was an epitome of class, beauty, intelligence, and empathy. She never let royalty get to her head. We see that in Harry. Camilla was a side chick who was allowed into their marriage by the current King, then Prince Charles. And no, she can never fit in Diana's shoes.

Diana that was fvcking another man behind her husband? Is that the Diana you say is intelligent 🤣

1 Like

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by delishpot: 3:53pm On May 06, 2023
Bigchristo:
Imagine if this protest was in Nigeria you will hear news like: 10 people killed during on going protest, while thousands of others arrested for treasonable offenses for trying to overthrow the king, but here in the pictures you can only see police maintaining law and orders because they know protest is the right of the people, may we find our steps back to where we get it wrong in Jesus name because our thinking is quite different from the rest of the world 🌎 R.I.P to those who died in Endsars protest and various protest around Nigeria may God give them peace as our nation failed them n cut short their lives

They know better than to treat the people anyhow.

2 Likes

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by IamPlato(m): 3:53pm On May 06, 2023
Hawkler:
90% of them are Irish.
🤣🤣🤣
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by IamPlato(m): 3:54pm On May 06, 2023
TheOgaBoss:
it may be ceremonial but everything about the monarchy is funded by the state and that burden is borne by the taxpayer.
my brother the royal family is not the problem in England I assure you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Woman Shot Dead Inside US National Assembly (Video) / Biggest Threat Of 9/11-style Attack After Taliban Unveils Hellish Cabinet( Pix) / Russia Positions Missiles, Heavy Military Equipment On Finland Border (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.