Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,874 members, 7,848,559 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 05:57 AM

''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) (62220 Views)

Several People Arrested In The UK For Protesting Against The Monarchy / Thousands Protest In Brazil,as President Joins Protest Against Own Government / People Protest Against Lockdown In Ohio, USA (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by blackslayer: 6:40pm On May 06, 2023
King by virtue of birth?! So the rest of yall are peasants by virtue of birth? What an archaic and backward culture!

3 Likes

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Bimpe29: 6:42pm On May 06, 2023
lhordspy:
Three factors playing out:

1. The King isnt as popular as the Late queen Elizabeth. The people are not use to the change yet and they dont seem like they want to or going to get use to it anytime soon.

2. The Late Princess Diana death is still playing against everyone in the royal family. The Citizens still looking for scapegoats.
The Queen consort, Camillia is always the victim here.

3. I think the citizens are tired of not being able to elect their leader themselves. They want a president not some fancy kingdom with kings and queens.

They wish to vote their leader themselves. They want to be the decider and for that to happen, they need to scrap the monarchy system entirely.

Not very possible with the way things stand.
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:55pm On May 06, 2023
lhordspy:

Lol. HIs unpopularity is making them have a rethink about the monarchy.

They cant wait till then.
the monarchy has constitutional backing... It's like saying cos some Obidients hate tinubu he shouldn't take over may 29 even queen Elizabeth had pple protest against her... U can't satisfy everyone...
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Tranquility2345: 6:57pm On May 06, 2023
lhordspy:

1. The King isnt as popular as the Late queen Elizabeth. The people are not use to the change yet and they dont seem like they want to or going to get use to it anytime soon.

2. The Late Princess Diana death is still playing against everyone in the royal family. The Citizens still looking for scapegoats.

3. I think the citizens are tired of not being able to elect their leader themselves. They want a president not some fancy kingdom with kings and queens.

They wish to vote their leader themselves. They want to be the decider and for that to happen, they need to scrap the monarchy system entirely.

You go think say you sound smart not knowing you sound like a slow poke. The protest has got nothing to do with princess Diana and King Charles. The people are saying No to monarchy as a system. The monarchy is just there to collect money from tax payers and fund the lifestyle of an entitled family that does absolutely nothing.

The key question is what role does the monarchy play? We have a prime minister why do we need a king? Mugu angry
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by 7upnigeria: 7:15pm On May 06, 2023
MasterJayJay:
Clowns! The British monarchy is just ceremonial. No executive power

Do they even know amount of money that the monarchy brings into uk economy from tourism?

And some Nigerians that have thousands of kings in their villages are supporting the protesters. Hypocritical clowns!

You're a clown yourself. You simply dont know the power of the British crown. Even Australia still answers to the British crown. The head of the Commonwealth countries is the British crown. The British Prime Minister is the ceremonial but workaholic head of Britain because he must meet up with the demands of the British crown. There are other British virgin Islands you simply dont know about. Go and look at the pictures of the British pounds and understand why Britain belongs to the crown.
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Johnn74: 7:21pm On May 06, 2023
undecided
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by GOVERNORR: 7:25pm On May 06, 2023
Hahaha when the president of a number one Democratic state (US) doesn't show up on a day like this then, know it that it's a big body language..

Aside not flying airfurce daya for good reasons..

Who paid for the printing of those stuff anyways.. was it paid for with Crypto wallet? Hmmm
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:31pm On May 06, 2023
Gokoyer0:
That coronation was estimated to cost 175m USD. I think monarchy in UK may end with King Charles. i was shocked when i saw the number of protesters on TV.

I was shocked seeing the numbers in the picture.

I see the monarchy in trouble and going into extinction from King Charles' reign.
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Gokoyer0(m): 7:54pm On May 06, 2023
I watched the event throughout. It was all about lavishness. However, I think if King Charles had abdicated the throne to William may be the outrage would not have been this much. I think many Brits have not forgiven King Charles because of what happened to Dianna.

ferhyntorlah:

I see the monarchy in trouble and going into extinction from King Charles' reign.
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by santos247(m): 8:05pm On May 06, 2023
I know this post will be from Washington Post.
American media hates the joy, culture and tradition of the British Monarchy. Rather than celebrate it, they will rather look for that small blot in the wool.
Bad Belle Americans. They should go and deal with their gun violence and rundown downtowns.
God save the King.
Charly has moved from Emilokan to Oba ni mi
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Fejoku: 8:06pm On May 06, 2023
abbasajao:
Nigeria's IPOB version
Calling you a jelly fish is a bit dignifying. You lack reasoning and even form.
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by abbasajao(m): 8:11pm On May 06, 2023
Fejoku:

Calling you a jelly fish is a bit dignifying. You lack reasoning and even form.

One of them spotted.
IPOB oshi
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Fejoku: 8:12pm On May 06, 2023
abbasajao:

One of them spotted.
IPOB oshi
Abbas Ajao onyeara.
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by system21: 8:33pm On May 06, 2023
Sometime o begin to as, what's different between Gaddafi Libya and this UK monarch system

1 Like

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by tyinfinity: 8:44pm On May 06, 2023
Peter obidients group in London has staged another protest against the King .obi is a world wide opposition group
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by tomdon(m): 8:47pm On May 06, 2023
lhordspy:

It's non of these things you posted here.
People are now asking why one human should be placed above them when all humans are mortal and physiologically the same

1 Like

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Toluwanise247(m): 8:55pm On May 06, 2023
Let obident come out and protest on 29 …. Nobody will mind your stupidity
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Debater(m): 8:58pm On May 06, 2023
What the f*ck are you saying
You certainly know nothing of the British Monarchy
They don't put people under their feet, By the way there are elections in the United Kingdom. In case your small brain doesn't know, they have a prime minister who is duly elected. The king is just the ceremonial head of state, but he is not Supreme, because he governs using what we call a constitutional monarchy. So don't come to nairaland to blabber. No one is putting anyone under their feet.
riverbird:
Every country get em own wahala.....but how can one family just put every other person under Thier feet just like that, no election not even by selection?.....not only that but also claim ownership of all natural resources of value

1 Like

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Sleekfingers: 9:00pm On May 06, 2023
cheesy cheesy

Uncle Charles don buy market oooo
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Debater(m): 9:00pm On May 06, 2023
People like you should really go back to school. I guess you never learnt anything important. Coming here to say nonsense is absolutely ridiculous! Then you should go and start believing what your town crier says rather than what a certified and famous News website says. Hiss!

lhordspy:

CNN, BBC, and other propaganda media would have ran 24hrs non-stop news about how 250 people were killed. They will litter all our front-page with fake photo-op crime scene about how children, pregnant women, and dogs are feeling vulnerable and unsafe

US have been going around the globe trying to push democracy on the countries not practicing them, especially in Africa. You wonder why they are quiet about 'voice suppression happening in UK.
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Ejaisky: 9:39pm On May 06, 2023
They should come to Nigeria to see all systems of government operating side by side
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by sowilli: 9:50pm On May 06, 2023
ferhyntorlah:

you are bothered about the cost of coronation and not what the monarchy brings in. The Monarchy is what made Great Britain what it is today. They have conquered and won kingdoms. These kingdoms in one way or the other are contributing to GB. Nigeria for instance. They will loose more if this changes.
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by sowilli: 9:56pm On May 06, 2023
tomdon:

It's non of these things you posted here.
People are now asking why one human should be placed above them when all humans are immortal and physiologically the same
thing is many did not even listen to the oath the man took and don’t understand how this is . He swore to serve everyone. This position comes with great responsibility and accountability. It’s not what anyone who is not willing to be under people do. We think these guys are enjoying. He must keep doing all to ensure that the kingdoms that have been conquered remain under their influence or you think Nigeria for instance is truly independent?
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by mysticwarrior(m): 10:11pm On May 06, 2023
Charles could never have been denied his succession right.

1 Like

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by DonroxyII: 10:14pm On May 06, 2023
lhordspy:

It will eventually happen one day !
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by DonroxyII: 10:16pm On May 06, 2023
Romanoff:
I don't see the monarchy existing after William sha.
Me too ... Within the next century
Referendum shall be conducted and Once decided against.. Gbam !

Monarchy Out !
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Melagros(m): 10:25pm On May 06, 2023
dawnomike:
Their country, their problem...
Shike nan
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Melagros(m): 10:26pm On May 06, 2023
seunny4lif:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
I swear, since Police officers have been arresting any anti-monarchy protesters up and down since yesterday because if this is in Iran or any other country, USA will be preaching freedom of speech and human rights grin grin
I dey tell you
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by ebenholer2(m): 10:34pm On May 06, 2023
lhordspy:

THE SAME WAY ANCIENT ISRAEL DEMANDED FOR A KING OF THEIR OWN AND ENDED UP MESSINH UP THEIR NATION. I DONT THINK SUCH PROTEST IS WARRANTED IN UK COS THEY REMAIN ONE OF WELL ORGANIZED NATION OF THE WORLD. I THINK THE PROTESTERS SEEM TO BE EGOCENTRIC.
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Brush1: 11:11pm On May 06, 2023
Enough of this monarchy in the UK. Times have changed. Primitive days are over. Why would people worship other human beings. Those who reigned as kings were just smarter than rest of their pairs back in the days. It really is enough, they enjoy so much influence and wealth, while others have almost nothing. Most European countries fought and abolished the monarchy thing and they succeeded.
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by pendragonbladgo(m): 11:25pm On May 06, 2023
Obedient brothers in UK.
I know that is the plan on May 29 to usher in Ruler of Africa/Nigeria.

Our Army are ready for hot pyton dance. similarly, I wish Obidients success in jail.

Pls NEXT!
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by pacespot(m): 11:46pm On May 06, 2023
I agree with them to some extent that the British monarchy is giving impression that UK is a classist society, that some people are more equal than others. There have not been general election for prime minister position in UK for a while now.

Culturally, I think the British monarch is the best of the preserved of the British cultures.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Unclad Robber Stuck On Rooftop Of The House He Burgled / Biggest Threat Of 9/11-style Attack After Taliban Unveils Hellish Cabinet( Pix) / WW3 Fears As China And Russia Join Forces For Massive War Games(Pix, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.