Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,115 members, 7,860,029 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:39 AM

''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) (62240 Views)

Several People Arrested In The UK For Protesting Against The Monarchy / Thousands Protest In Brazil,as President Joins Protest Against Own Government / People Protest Against Lockdown In Ohio, USA (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by deltateam: 4:28pm On May 06, 2023
lhordspy:

That will further reduce the influence of the royal family. The royal family will kick against it.

Don't they have that already? What's the function of the British Prime Minister?
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by ChronicGp(m): 4:30pm On May 06, 2023
#NotmyPresident
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by riverbird: 4:30pm On May 06, 2023
DaddyRochie1642:

Even your own family will also do the same thing if it were in that position.

As a rastafarian believe in equal rights and justice.
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by lhordspy: 4:31pm On May 06, 2023
deltateam:

Don't they have that already? What's the function of the British Prime Minister?

The prime minister is not elected by the people.
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by okoloto: 4:34pm On May 06, 2023
Every empire must rise and fall. We had stronger royal families in the past. The attrocities done and still be done by the royal family in the name of colonization is catching up with them.
Day of freedom may tally but will surely come.

3 Likes

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Adakintroy: 4:34pm On May 06, 2023
The world and too much food.
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 06, 2023
riverbird:
Every country get em own wahala.....but how can one family just put every other person under Thier feet just like that, no election not even by selection?.....not only that but also claim ownership of all natural resources of value

Countries that have election how is their condition?
The UK has its own issues but not even as worse as some other Countries. Till date, more than 60 percent of the Country's welfare is still in order. Democracy kor.

2 Likes

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Faithful007: 4:37pm On May 06, 2023
lhordspy:
Three factors playing out:

1. The King isnt as popular as the Late queen Elizabeth. The people are not use to the change yet and they dont seem like they want to or going to get use to it anytime soon.

2. The Late Princess Diana death is still playing against everyone in the royal family. The Citizens still looking for scapegoats.
The Queen consort, Camillia is always the victim here.

3. I think the citizens are tired of not being able to elect their leader themselves. They want a president not some fancy kingdom with kings and queens.

They wish to vote their leader themselves. They want to be the decider and for that to happen, they need to scrap the monarchy system entirely.

Not very possible with the way things stand.
Your assertions about the citizens are mostly wrong. Multiple polls have repeatedly shown that the Monarchy is still acceptable with about 65% of British people.

The parliament has the power to dissolve the Monarchy. In fact, it had already been done sometime in the past, when a certain king tried to be too assertive. However, the parliament brought it back after decades.

2 Likes

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by cococandy(f): 4:40pm On May 06, 2023
MasterJayJay:
Clowns! The British monarchy is just ceremonial. No executive power

Do they even know amount of money that the monarchy brings into uk economy from tourism?

And some Nigerians that have thousands of kings in their villages are supporting the protesters. Hypocritical clowns!
nobody visits the uk to see the royal family.

2 Likes

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by cococandy(f): 4:44pm On May 06, 2023
Well said
ProtonX:

No. They do not want the monarchy because:
- They have continued to live extravagant lives while the average Briton suffers, more taxes, higher cost of living, etc. Including the money spent on this coronation as a state event. Figures they won't make public due to backlash. But speculations say £250 million of state money. There are more food banks here in the UK than ever before.

- The colonial past and present. The deeds have come to light. Most people are no longer ignorant of what happened under the Monarchy with commonwealth countries.

- People like Prince Andrew with paedophile charges still walking free because he is a member of the Royal Family.

- We will have a Diana over a Camilla. She was an epitome of class, beauty, intelligence, and empathy. She never let royalty get to her head. We see that in Harry. Camilla was a side chick who was allowed into their marriage by the current King, then Prince Charles. And no, she can never fit in Diana's shoes.

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by cococandy(f): 4:46pm On May 06, 2023
IamPlato:
dey play 🤣history man 🤣
that’s your come back to his eloquence?
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by AfonjaPriest: 4:50pm On May 06, 2023
Good people that want their country to prosper. By now, we should be doing, "NOT MY PRESIDENT-ELECT", for that rigger-elect.
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by lhordspy: 4:51pm On May 06, 2023
Faithful007:
Your assertions about the citizens are mostly wrong. Multiple polls have repeatedly shown that the Monarchy is still acceptable with about 65% of British people.

The parliament has the power to dissolve the Monarchy. In fact, it had already been done sometime in the past, when a certain king tried to be too assertive. However, the parliament brought it back after decades.

Monarchy is still acceptable, yes. But the present present king is not popular among the Britons.

2 Likes

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by dinachi(m): 4:53pm On May 06, 2023
lhordspy:

1. The King isnt as popular as the Late queen Elizabeth. The people are not use to the change yet and they dont seem like they want to or going to get use to it anytime soon.

2. The Late Princess Diana death is still playing against everyone in the royal family. The Citizens still looking for scapegoats.

3. I think the citizens are tired of not being able to elect their leader themselves. They want a president not some fancy kingdom with kings and queens.

They wish to vote their leader themselves. They want to be the decider and for that to happen, they need to scrap the monarchy system entirely.

Someone somewhere is manipulating the idiots.

1 Like

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Gajagojo: 4:56pm On May 06, 2023
lhordspy:

None of the above
They are Obidients
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Teeroyzimma: 4:56pm On May 06, 2023
Go to court!
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Gajagojo: 4:58pm On May 06, 2023
Faithful007:

Do you have a source for this please?
I need to learn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Faithful007: 4:59pm On May 06, 2023
lhordspy:

Monarchy is still acceptable, yes. But the present present king is not popular among the Britons.
Charles is less popular than Elizabeth and William, but his popularity has quite risen in recent times.

However, "not popular among Britons" has a different meaning. One that is not true according to polls.
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Ofemmanu1: 4:59pm On May 06, 2023
riverbird:
Every country get em own wahala.....but how can one family just put every other person under Thier feet just like that, no election not even by selection?.....not only that but also claim ownership of all natural resources of value

When that family dey fight and others chicken out you no talk.

Those family you see, they seen SApa and Shege from Vikings Axe to Romans Gladiators, yet they came Victorious.
Olodo.

1 Like

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Faithful007: 5:01pm On May 06, 2023
Gajagojo:

I need to learn
I have forgotten the name of the king. I will look it up and quote you. I think it happened sometime around the 16-17th century. Three generations passed before the parliament decided to restore the Monarchy to his heir grandson.
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by lexy2014: 5:02pm On May 06, 2023
lhordspy:

I got the views of many protesters interviewed during the protest.

I sincerely doubt that because republicans have been in the UK long before now as shown from the link i sent you. the unfortunate truth is that there are more people who support the british monarchy that those who oppose it
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Omoawoke: 5:04pm On May 06, 2023
Death to the monarchy
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by 9ino(m): 5:08pm On May 06, 2023
Like say you get sense
MasterJayJay:
Clowns! The British monarchy is just ceremonial. No executive power

Do they even know amount of money that the monarchy brings into uk economy from tourism?

And some Nigerians that have thousands of kings in their villages are supporting the protesters. Hypocritical clowns!
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by riverbird: 5:10pm On May 06, 2023
Ofemmanu1:

When that family dey fight and others chicken out you no talk.

Those family you see, they seen SApa and Shege from Vikings Axe to Romans Gladiators, yet they came Victorious.
Olodo.

Your papa na em the real olodo, armed robber like you.
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Ofemmanu1: 5:12pm On May 06, 2023
riverbird:

Your papa na em the real olodo, armed robber like you.
Eleribu Omo ale jati-jati
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by richard870(m): 5:13pm On May 06, 2023
riverbird:
Plain crazy!
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Faithful007: 5:14pm On May 06, 2023
Gajagojo:

I need to learn
Seems like it happened twice. However I was referring to King Charles I. He was arrested and executed and the Monarchy was abolished.

There seems to be another one. King James VII and II. Something similar happened to him also.
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by IamPlato(m): 5:15pm On May 06, 2023
cococandy:
that’s your come back to his eloquence?
make una dey cry over Diana while others are enjoying their life... Whether your Diana is intelligent or stupid it doesn't matter anymore, she is dead. wink
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Hussein035: 5:16pm On May 06, 2023
lhordspy:

It is not their fault that they don't want the monarch or queen system but because they are tired of a peaceful environment with good life. This is the same way Libyans started with Gadaffi but I pray the useless citizens knows that they are protesting against peace and progress before it is late.

If in Nigeria today Buhari can embezzle all our money but ensure our life is just as the same as that of UK citizens who will even complain whether he is passing the kingship to his unborn children

2 Likes

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by IamPlato(m): 5:17pm On May 06, 2023
ProtonX:

Says a dimwit with a low IQ. Run along now and go engage your kind
make una dey cry over Diana while others are enjoying their life... Whether your Diana is intelligent or stupid it doesn't matter anymore, she is dead so try move on with your life bro 🤣

Nobody cares about Diana being beautiful or classy... Nobody cares whether you want the new queen or not 😌 goodbye
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by IamPlato(m): 5:18pm On May 06, 2023
Hussein035:

It is not their fault that they don't want the monarch or queen system but because they are tired of a peaceful environment with good life. This is the same way Libyans started with Gadaffi but I pray the useless citizens knows that they are protesting against peace and progress before it is late.

If in Nigeria today Buhari can embezzle all our money but ensure our life is just as the same as that of UK citizens who will even complain whether he is passing the kingship to his unborn children
you have brain boss 💯

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Woman Shot Dead Inside US National Assembly (Video) / Biggest Threat Of 9/11-style Attack After Taliban Unveils Hellish Cabinet( Pix) / Russia Positions Missiles, Heavy Military Equipment On Finland Border (Pics)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.