Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,096 members, 7,859,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 10:49 PM

''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) (62238 Views)

Several People Arrested In The UK For Protesting Against The Monarchy / Thousands Protest In Brazil,as President Joins Protest Against Own Government / People Protest Against Lockdown In Ohio, USA (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by loswhite(m): 8:17am On May 07, 2023
lhordspy:
Three factors playing out:

1. The King isnt as popular as the Late queen Elizabeth. The people are not use to the change yet and they dont seem like they want to or going to get use to it anytime soon.

2. The Late Princess Diana death is still playing against everyone in the royal family. The Citizens still looking for scapegoats.
The Queen consort, Camillia is always the victim here.

3. I think the citizens are tired of not being able to elect their leader themselves. They want a president not some fancy kingdom with kings and queens.

They wish to vote their leader themselves. They want to be the decider and for that to happen, they need to scrap the monarchy system entirely.

Not very possible with the way things stand.
lol make them come Nigeria come see the one we dey vote since 1999...lol
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by loswhite(m): 8:20am On May 07, 2023
seunny4lif:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
I swear, since Police officers have been arresting any anti-monarchy protesters up and down since yesterday because if this is in Iran or any other country, USA will be preaching freedom of speech and human rights grin grin
Shut up... You cannot use your protest to obstruct want millions of ppl are in support of.
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by loswhite(m): 8:22am On May 07, 2023
lhordspy:

CNN, BBC, and other propaganda media would have ran 24hrs non-stop news about how 250 people were killed. They will litter all our front-page with fake photo-op crime scene about how children, pregnant women, and dogs are feeling vulnerable and unsafe

US have been going around the globe trying to push democracy on the countries not practicing them, especially in Africa. You wonder why they are quiet about 'voice suppression happening in UK.
Are you in Uk? Do you think the number of ppl opposed to the monarchy are more than those in support of the monarchy? I understand your hate for the west usually make you guys forget your senses at home.
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by loswhite(m): 8:23am On May 07, 2023
MasterJayJay:
Clowns! The British monarchy is just ceremonial. No executive power

Do they even know amount of money that the monarchy brings into uk economy from tourism?

And some Nigerians that have thousands of kings in their villages are supporting the protesters. Hypocritical clowns!
foolish set of ppl. They have sultan and they support it. They have olu of warri and they scream my king...lol. They are coming to type thrash from thier kitchen
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Babastrong(m): 10:11am On May 07, 2023
A group of people are doing it here too against the president elect.
IN ANY COUNTRY THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO MUST DIE, THEY ARE THE SACRIFICES A COUNTRY MUST MAKE TO MOVE FORWARD.
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by engrchykae(m): 10:26am On May 07, 2023
IamPlato:
except there is a world war those protesters are wasting their time... The Royal family has the backing of Europe and America, they should just forget it.
the backing of America?not really sure,cos there are Trumps in USA.
The backing of Europe?
Am not sure,if Europe is very sweet,why Brexit?
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by engrchykae(m): 10:30am On May 07, 2023
IamPlato:
also I consider it foolish for people to fight the royal family. First of all, what is the origin of the royal family?

Imagine a group of people coming together to say they want to pull down your family heritage. You sef reason am.

To me only a foolish and jobless person will go out fighting the royal family of England, plus the fact that you are bunch of nobodies that the world doesn't give a Bleep about.
The king or Queen exist because of subjects.
Now the former is an exploiter while the later is the exploited.
It's true that lot of people have no problem with being exploited but there are people who were born with dignity

1 Like

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by engrchykae(m): 10:37am On May 07, 2023
IamPlato:
Diana that was fvcking another man behind her husband? Is that the Diana you say is intelligent 🤣
king Charles should just become a trans woman,the Brits miss their Queen
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by CartelKenneth: 11:50am On May 07, 2023
These Brutus people should better be careful what they wish for o they think say democracy dey work?

DEMOCRACY DOESNT WORK O!!!!!
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Never4getU: 12:45pm On May 07, 2023
MasterJayJay:

Do they even know amount of money that the monarchy brings into uk economy from tourism?

And some Nigerians that have thousands of kings in their villages are supporting the protesters. Hypocritical clowns!

Are u for real? Do u realize that the prime minister of UK doesn't make lone decision without the final ratification of the monarchy? Every political decisions are subject of the kingdom

1 Like

Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by Nwagod26: 4:04pm On May 07, 2023
MasterJayJay:

You speak with wisdom
Re: ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) by randymirrors(f): 5:27pm On May 07, 2023
Never4getU:

Are u for real? Do u realize that the prime minister of UK doesn't make lone decision without the final ratification of the monarchy? Every political decisions are subject of the kingdom

Exactly. I learned most of these by watching Tudor.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Unclad Robber Stuck On Rooftop Of The House He Burgled / Woman Shot Dead Inside US National Assembly (Video) / Biggest Threat Of 9/11-style Attack After Taliban Unveils Hellish Cabinet( Pix)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.