Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Total Oil And Gas Workers - Career (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Total Oil And Gas Workers (223321 Views)

I Need Your Urgent Advice Conserning Total Oil Limited Appointment / Job Vacancy At Total Oil Limited Nigeria / Total Oil And Gas Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 14, 2013
nitrogen: Front page??

Oga Jarus, be ready to answer more questions on Oil and gas o, seriously, expect like a hundred mails o.

grin grin grin grin. Word!
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Infoay: 10:10pm On Nov 14, 2013
Baba God please bless me with good job in the oil sector o....I wan share my testimony before this year end sharp sharp!
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by algorithm(m): 10:13pm On Nov 14, 2013
Please, what's the percentage of opportunities given to other engineering fields like Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical and Environmental Engineering? or are they solely for Petroleum and Gas Engineering?

Would appreciate an Indepth Answer.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Jarus(m): 10:14pm On Nov 14, 2013
nitrogen: Front page??

Oga Jarus, be ready to answer more questions on Oil and gas o, seriously, expect like a hundred mails o.
I even thought it's a new topic until I opened the thread. We dealt thoroughly with this thread 3 years ago. I hope Debosky and co are still around to attend to oyel questions. :Dsh
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by OjaP: 10:19pm On Nov 14, 2013
Jarus: I even thought it's a new topic until I opened the thread. We dealt thoroughly with this thread 3 years ago. I hope Debosky and co are still around to attend to oyel questions. :Dsh

Jarus,

Do you work for Total too? Are you an Engineer?
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by kstyle2(m): 10:27pm On Nov 14, 2013
I'll b joining u guyz dis year....just got an invite 4 d interview.....God willing, i'll succeed.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Jarus(m): 10:33pm On Nov 14, 2013
OjaP:

Jarus,

Do you work for Total too? Are you an Engineer?
. Nope. I don't work with Total. Athough I have had all my career in the industry. I have undergone recruitment process in Shell, Total upstream, Total downstream, Chevron, Mobil, Oando, Seven Energy, Master Energy, got offers from 4 of those and worked with 2. I'm an accountant. In addition to the answers to questions on this thread provided by Debosky, 2good and co, I also attempted answering some questions on the subject on my blog: http://www.jarushub.com/questions-answers-on-oil-gas-career-i/ http://www.nairala E
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by DharkPoet(m): 10:48pm On Nov 14, 2013
You all are doing a great job here, both on this thread and the career category as a whole and such efforts are highly commendable. I might not typically fit into the 'job searching group', since I am an undergraduate in one of the Federal Universities here in Nigeria, currently in 200 level, pursuing a B.Sc degree in Computer Engineering.

But I believe in making hay while the sun is still in it's full glare, I believe strongly in gaining experience from older colleagues, people who are fit to guide the beginners and help them fashion a successful career in life.

My question goes thus, as an undergraduate, aspiring to be recruited in any of the MNOCs, what are the best moves for me to make.

Thanks all once again
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by OjaP: 10:53pm On Nov 14, 2013
Jarus: . Nope. I don't work with Total. Athough I have had all my career in the industry. I have undergone recruitment process in Shell, Total upstream, Total downstream, Chevron, Mobil, Oando, Seven Energy, Master Energy, got offers from 4 of those and worked with 2. I'm an accountant. In addition to the answers to questions on this thread provided by Debosky, 2good and co, I also attempted answering some questions on the subject on my blog: http://www.jarushub.com/questions-answers-on-oil-gas-career-i/ http://www.nairala E

Good!!! You seem to have it going on well for you too in the O&G sector. I work for a U.S based natural resources company too. We are a-500 global fortune company and listed in the NYSE. The company is into Gold, copper, molybdenum mining, and oil and gas exploration and production. I'm a geologist in the oil and gas sector of the company.

I have read your posts in the past but I will follow you more now like twitter. Good job.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by algorithm(m): 11:09pm On Nov 14, 2013
algorithm: Please, what's the percentage of opportunities given to other engineering fields like Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical and Environmental Engineering? or are they solely for Petroleum and Gas Engineering?

Would appreciate an Indepth Answer.
Oga jarus please your help is neeeded here.Thanks
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Nobody: 11:13pm On Nov 14, 2013
Well done guys! Will be back with my questions. God bless!
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Jarus(m): 11:21pm On Nov 14, 2013
algorithm: Oga jarus please your help is neeeded here.Thanks
the question is actually not thoughtful enough. Well, generally, technical guys (engineers and allied fields) take like 60-70 percent[ support functions like HOUR Human resource, accounts, economists, etc take the rest. Asking for per centage of mechanical, chemical, electrical etc is dumb, sorry to say.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Jarus(m): 11:22pm On Nov 14, 2013
A couplke of my friends with 3-5 years experience from somewhere got Chevron offers recently and they were offered between 21-24m. That's presumably second level.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by NEROSKY(m): 11:24pm On Nov 14, 2013
4 this life, I must be successful
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Nobody: 11:27pm On Nov 14, 2013
tanimola22:

My brother, the money is really goodmhen! 17 Million after taxes should reduce to at least 10 Million. Mhen, that is still a lot of money, mhen! Yes, you are correct about Shell. A fresh mathematics graduate from naija's jaiye jaiye university who just got into Shell told me that they started him/her on around 7 Million per annum. This person has no abroad MSc O, just a superior BSc from a naija school. This supports your statement that Shell does not give a damn about abroad qualifications.

In addition to targeting the financial industry, Total is the place I am seriously looking at. I am trying to find my way into one of their enlightenment programmes  in Paris and then impress the hell out of their ogas. I am on that now, and I will see to it till the very end. With 10 million naira every year, I will just work for 10-15 years and then start up something that will create employment for others. Kai, I have a guy who just got into Total. Kai, you mean Da is on 17 Million? kai kai kai kai. mhen

Thanks for the info. My head is spinning.

Truly yours,
T22.

Am honestly beginning to wonder what ur real motive for asking dis question is. Dont go and arrange for d guy's kidnap o dis one ur head is spinning already.
Work & pray hard and someday, u'd b earning far more than that.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Jarus(m): 11:32pm On Nov 14, 2013
A lot of people thinkk oil and gas is about Shellk, Chevron, Mobil and Chevron alone. Unknown to many folks, there are many relatively unknown independents that pay only a little less than these IOCs. Many people have not heard of Afren, Sapetro, Seplat etc that offer bastard pay. A friend recentlky moved to Addax for 15m. He has 5 years experience like me. A colleague was recently poached by one independent just coming to Nigeria. He must have been offered more than 20m for him to have accepted the offer because he was earning close to that before. NB: I have always said money is not the only thing and oil and gas is not the only sector. If you're good, irrespectie of where you work, money wilkl soon come. In fact, at some point ,all these things converge, irrespective of the industry you work. a E

6 Likes

Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by opeolukoya: 11:37pm On Nov 14, 2013
Hello house wonderful topic I most say pls I will like to ask on behalf of my husband is there any hope for a bsc holder in forestry nd has an msc frm LBS bt presently workin with lagos business school as an research assoicaite. For a oil company job cause I see most question here re for engrs

1 Like

Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by ikenna58(m): 12:05am On Nov 15, 2013
I read Information Technology... Still bidding my time to find out how i can get into an oil and gas firm.

Welldone guys, your posts are superb!
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by flange: 12:40am On Nov 15, 2013
@all does it matter? I can speak german language and already learning French of course when I graduate I'll already be fluent in it but ill be of age 29 +. even though im graduating with a first class in instrumentation engineering.
Is age a barrier for me at entry level because i dey worry that age dey make me weak and 17 million nor b small money ooooo
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Nobody: 12:49am On Nov 15, 2013
flange:
@all does it matter? I can speak german language and already learning French of course when I graduate I'll already be fluent in it but ill be of age 29 +. even though im graduating with a first class in instrumentation engineering.
Is age a barrier for me at entry level because i dey worry that age dey make me weak and 17 million nor b small money ooooo

You should have no problem getting a job. Your discipline is a core part of topsides part of the business.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by fckyourman: 2:12am On Nov 15, 2013
I shall work in Oil & Gas Industry see money. By god will
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by mitchyy(f): 4:28am On Nov 15, 2013
tanimola22:

My brother,

Your analysis might work in a sane environment like where you live, but I am not sure this would be the case in Nigeria. The disparity has been on for ages. Even my dead uncle who worked as an electrician for what is now called Total Fina Elf enjoyed the salary disparity while he was alive and did a couple of tangible things. His colleagues who were electricians elsewhere could not even smell his level, not to talk of competing with him in terms of quality of life. In fact, his own elder brother who was a senior manager at VF could not measure up to him in almost every ramification. This was as far back as in the 1980s-90s. Owo epo has been doing wonders for a long time, not today. Imagine my regular friend has suddenly become a Nigerian big boy overnight just because he was able to pass Total`s aptitude testssss and speak good oyinbo at the several interviews held by Total.

So, mhen, I think we should be aiming at taking advantage of the armed robber salaries that all these oil and gas companies offer.  At least, that is what I am trying to do. Please do take advantage of it if you have the opportunity.

Who talk say good life no good for a young man? The people wey say 'Money, Power, Respect' are not liars at all at all.

Truly true,
T22.

Armed robber salaries? This got me cracking. Lmao!
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by sawyer89: 4:37am On Nov 15, 2013
Jarus: A lot of people thinkk oil and gas is about Shellk, Chevron, Mobil and Chevron alone. Unknown to many folks, there are many relatively unknown independents that pay only a little less than these IOCs. Many people have not heard of Afren, Sapetro, Seplat etc that offer bastard pay. A friend recentlky moved to Addax for 15m. He has 5 years experience like me. A colleague was recently poached by one independent just coming to Nigeria. He must have been offered more than 20m for him to have accepted the offer because he was earning close to that before. NB: I have always said money is not the only thing and oil and gas is not the only sector. If you're good, irrespectie of where you work, money wilkl soon come. In fact, at some point ,all these things converge, irrespective of the industry you work. a E
Oga Jarus, most of these independents rarely employ graduates with close to zero experience in the industry. They are mostly after experienced guys.
Bros, do you know of any Independent that has solid graduate trainee program and how can a recent graduate become their employee?
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by sawyer89: 4:43am On Nov 15, 2013
Where is Tanimola22? He is such a brilliant,ambitious and ever-ready-to-help guy.
I hope, anywhere you are, you are doing good.
Guess your dream of working with one of these MNCs has finally been achieved.

1 Like

Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by FKseun(m): 5:10am On Nov 15, 2013
Guys, don't be fooled. Most of the figures being bandied here ain't true! No staff of any of the IOCs will discussed his/her confidential emolument on sites like this.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by lindyeque: 5:49am On Nov 15, 2013
Jarus: . Nope. I don't work with Total. Athough I have had all my career in the industry. I have undergone recruitment process in Shell, Total upstream, Total downstream, Chevron, Mobil, Oando, Seven Energy, Master Energy, got offers from 4 of those and worked with 2. I'm an accountant. In addition to the answers to questions on this thread provided by Debosky, 2good and co, I also attempted answering some questions on the subject on my blog: http://www.jarushub.com/questions-answers-on-oil-gas-career-i/ http://www.nairala E
please I need your help ... please I need mbal, proper and eclipse softwares.. most expecially mbal.. so please if u can help me with the link I can download dem for free, will be very grateful.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Nobody: 6:29am On Nov 15, 2013
All will be well in JESUS' name
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 15, 2013
hi, what about the logistics ,supply chain department of these companies? I would like to know more about that.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Acidosis(m): 7:13am On Nov 15, 2013
shocked shocked shocked shocked

and yet people frown @ amnesty for Niger Deltans?

Oboy!
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by iykmon: 8:06am On Nov 15, 2013
Oil and gas a place to be..
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Petmayor: 8:09am On Nov 15, 2013
Jarus: A lot of people thinkk oil and gas is about Shellk, Chevron, Mobil and Chevron alone. Unknown to many folks, there are many relatively unknown independents that pay only a little less than these IOCs. Many people have not heard of Afren, Sapetro, Seplat etc that offer bastard pay. A friend recentlky moved to Addax for 15m. He has 5 years experience like me. A colleague was recently poached by one independent just coming to Nigeria. He must have been offered more than 20m for him to have accepted the offer because he was earning close to that before. NB: I have always said money is not the only thing and oil and gas is not the only sector. If you're good, irrespectie of where you work, money wilkl soon come. In fact, at some point ,all these things converge, irrespective of the industry you work. a E

Oga Jarus, I hold MSc in Economics from a leading Nigerian university, but with no experience. Wot's my chance of getting employed in O&G sector, and how can I go about this?
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by segcymoor(m): 8:09am On Nov 15, 2013
Intresting!

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (36) (Reply)

2022 Access Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment Has Been Extended / ICAN May 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here / How Can An Employee Write A Letter To Ask For Leave To Write An Exam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.