Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,393 members, 7,819,404 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Total Oil And Gas Workers - Career (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Total Oil And Gas Workers (223155 Views)

I Need Your Urgent Advice Conserning Total Oil Limited Appointment / Job Vacancy At Total Oil Limited Nigeria / Total Oil And Gas Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 15, 2013
A graduate of Civil Engineering, who was a recipient of TOTAL's SCHOLARSHIP while in school. Is dat scholarship an added advantage towards starting a career wit Total E n P? When r they starting recruitment for entry level(not dat contract staff they did few months ago)
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Osinitu(m): 8:46am On Nov 15, 2013
k.style:
I'll b joining u guyz dis year....just got an invite 4 d interview.....God willing, i'll succeed.
When did u get d invite pls,and for which post,
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Osinitu(m): 8:54am On Nov 15, 2013
Infoay: Baba God please bless me with good job in the oil sector o....I wan share my testimony before this year end sharp sharp!
Amen ooooo!!! Dat makes d two of us bro
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Osinitu(m): 9:02am On Nov 15, 2013
Hello folks,I just finished my NYSC last month,during d course of my service year I logged on to TOTAL site and I made an unsollicited application. Shortly b4 I finished service I was mailed to go on with d next stage where I uploaded my passport and printed the photocard as instructed. Since then I've bn expecting an invite or something but I'm yet to get any, my source inside Total said invitation will begin dis month. I'm a graduate of mech engr frm a federal university bt na 2.2 I get.......Is there anyone is my shoes and can I get advice and encouragement frm senior colleagues in the house?or does anyone knw anytyn...tnks
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by 2good(m): 9:09am On Nov 15, 2013
INeedAnEngrJob: A graduate of Civil Engineering, who was a recipient of TOTAL's SCHOLARSHIP while in school. Is dat scholarship an added advantage towards starting a career wit Total E n P? When r they starting recruitment for entry level(not dat contract staff they did few months ago)

Total scholarship doesn't give you any advantage in their recruitment after graduation and there is no specific vacancy timeline used by these companies because recruitment is strictly driven by need except say Shell that have been releasing Graduate Engineer vacancy around end of Q1 for couple of years now.

1 Like

Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by ritux: 9:33am On Nov 15, 2013
Everyone has been asking their questions, let me ask mine too and I hope to get good reply.

I studied civil engineering and did my msc in a foreign university in construction and engineering project mgt. My msc dissertation topic was "project management in the construction of oil and gas facilities: a case study on AKPO and Agbami FPSO vessels".

Now what are my chances of getting into any of these IOCs of Local oil companies?

Also, does any one know the salary structure of FMC technology?
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Greenfriend: 9:58am On Nov 15, 2013
Jarus, T22 and other visionary contemporaries in d Oil & Gas sector, I am Dr Chinedum Ubochi, a Uniport-trained medic from PH (proudly Imo) and would like 2 establish correspondences with U all as I want 2 make an incursion in2 dis amiable sector. Pls, let's meet on Whatsapp (08034053406) and on Facebook. I would be of help 2 U in my medical field as well.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Nobody: 10:00am On Nov 15, 2013
ritux: Everyone has been asking their questions, let me ask mine too and I hope to get good reply.

I studied civil engineering and did my msc in a foreign university in construction and engineering project mgt. My msc dissertation topic was "project management in the construction of oil and gas facilities: a case study on AKPO and Agbami FPSO vessels".

Now what are my chances of getting into any of these IOCs of Local oil companies?

Also, does any one know the salary structure of FMC technology?
IOC's are full of Nigerians like you. Majority are engineers. Your definitely have a chance like every other. Most engineers in IOC's don't end up specializing in their course. Once you are an engineer, then you can function in any engineering or even some non-technical functions like procurement and planning.
Someone said no IOC staff will be willing to discuss remuneration here. I hope so. I definitely will not come here discussing my pay package. Let's pay less attention to money and focus on career development.

1 Like

Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by ritux: 10:27am On Nov 15, 2013
x-fire:

IOC's are full of Nigerians like you. Majority are engineers. Your definitely have a chance like every other. Most engineers in IOC's don't end up specializing in their course. Once you are an engineer, then you can function in any engineering or even some non-technical functions like procurement and planning.
Someone said no IOC staff will be willing to discuss remuneration here. I hope so. I definitely will not come here discussing my pay package. Let's pay less attention to money and focus on career development.

Tanks man
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 15, 2013
lindyeque:
please I need your help ... please I need mbal, proper and eclipse softwares.. most expecially mbal.. so please if u can help me with the link I can download dem for free, will be very grateful.

What are you smoking? shocked Goodluck getting them free and why the heck do you think you need them anyway?
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by davide470(m): 10:35am On Nov 15, 2013
lindyeque:
please I need your help ... please I need mbal, proper and eclipse softwares.. most expecially mbal.. so please if u can help me with the link I can download dem for free, will be very grateful.
You can check out the thread below and connect with some of the guys!

www.nairaland.com/1471516/geophysicists-geologists-petroleum-engineers-professionals

@naijababe.. Haba!
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by davide470(m): 10:41am On Nov 15, 2013
Osinitu: Hello folks,I just finished my NYSC last month,during d course of my service year I logged on to TOTAL site and I made an unsollicited application. Shortly b4 I finished service I was mailed to go on with d next stage where I uploaded my passport and printed the photocard as instructed. Since then I've bn expecting an invite or something but I'm yet to get any, my source inside Total said invitation will begin dis month. I'm a graduate of mech engr frm a federal university bt na 2.2 I get.......Is there anyone is my shoes and can I get advice and encouragement frm senior colleagues in the house?or does anyone knw anytyn...tnks
That mail was from Total Plc (downstream).. Well, heard the process might last up to a year, hence, the delay..
Cheers.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Androgendaisy: 11:19am On Nov 15, 2013
PLEASE PPLE OF GOD I'M A SMART ENGR GRADUATE WITH A 2.2 #COVERS FACE#
DO MULTINATIONAL OIL FIRMS CONSIDER 2:2?(FIRST DEGREE)
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 15, 2013
davide470:
You can check out the thread below and connect with some of the guys!

www.nairaland.com/1471516/geophysicists-geologists-petroleum-engineers-professionals

@naijababe.. Haba!

Let's just say it annoys the heck out of me when folks try too hard to been seen as intelligent. The softwares he is asking are not going to do him any favours. In fact mentioning that he knows how to use them in an interview will do him more harm than good!

I don talk my own sha
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by BIGERBOY1: 11:44am On Nov 15, 2013
hmm! this thread smileyhmm! this thread

it helped me a lot when trying to get into the oil and gas industry. gud luck guys. the secret is embelish your resume (not with lies) apply to as much as u can, and above all be patient coz the recruitment process can drag on for a long time
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Osinitu(m): 11:46am On Nov 15, 2013
davide470:
That mail was from Total Plc (downstream).. Well, heard the process might last up to a year, hence, the delay..
Cheers.
Woooow! But rumours hv it dat d test will be conducted dis month,pls hw reliable is ur source?by the way wat do u mean by Total downstream?tnks
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Osinitu(m): 11:49am On Nov 15, 2013
BIGER BOY: hmm! this thread smileyhmm! this thread

it helped me a lot when trying to get into the oil and gas industry. gud luck guys. the secret is embelish your resume (not with lies) apply to as much as u can, and above all be patient coz the recruitment process can drag on for a long time
Is there any consideration for guys with 2.2 ?
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by davide470(m): 11:54am On Nov 15, 2013
Osinitu:
Woooow! But rumours hv it dat d test will be conducted dis month,pls hw reliable is ur source?by the way wat do u mean by Total downstream?tnks
The downstream sector of Total are incharge of filling stations, tank farms, tankers, lubricants etc..
Don't knw about when the test wuld be done. Just keep ur hopes up.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by davide470(m): 11:57am On Nov 15, 2013
Osinitu:
Is there any consideration for guys with 2.2 ?
2.2 is a limiting factor, but the determining factor is 'What other qualifications do you have with ur 2.2?
Cheers
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by BIGERBOY1: 12:09pm On Nov 15, 2013
yes downstream considers 2:2, especially if you show willingness to improve by professional qualifications or further studies
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by delbourg: 12:20pm On Nov 15, 2013
Please house any news about the Total job adverts of August this year for experienced hires for it's EGINA project...have they started sending invites?
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by xzit(m): 1:13pm On Nov 15, 2013
jerikoyan: Please house i want to ask if their is any hydrographic surveyor in the house or someone that has an ideal of what it entails I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ interms of job prospects, training and salary

I was just about to ask a similar question. I know these companies have surveyors though not as much as engineers. I have a BSc in Geology and a professional diploma in surveying and geoinformatics. My target job has always been the upstream sector but it seems like who you know is just as important as what you know in these concerns. What I've noticed is that these companies seldom advertize for surveyors and GIS personnel. It would be really swell to put my knowledge in the geosciences to practice in one of these companies. No better motivation to deliver than the tangible financial gain in these companies!
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by nenyeokoye: 1:48pm On Nov 15, 2013
Sorry to drag you guys bck but I really need to make a decision urgently, any idea if Totals annual offer is after or before tax?
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:35pm On Nov 15, 2013
nenyeokoye: Sorry to drag you guys bck but I really need to make a decision urgently, any idea if Totals annual offer is after or before tax?
Almost all offers are before tax, if an offer does not have "after tax" in front of the money then it is before tax.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by kaykad: 3:24pm On Nov 15, 2013
I heard their is upstream and down stream in TOTAL, do they get paid the same amount
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Librate(m): 3:36pm On Nov 15, 2013
Huh
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by addictiv(m): 5:49pm On Nov 15, 2013
kaykad: I heard their is upstream and down stream in TOTAL, do they get paid the same amount
Certainly not. Upstream pays more.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Lawalemi(m): 7:14pm On Nov 15, 2013
Why is this post silent about Chevron; are they not paying well?
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by segcymoor(m): 12:08am On Nov 16, 2013
Contact us for Construction service

MOORE-DESIGNBUILD LTD
Cheers!

Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Nobody: 3:19am On Nov 16, 2013
danjuma_cse: hi, what about the logistics ,supply chain department of these companies? I would like to know more about that.
pls,someone should educate a brother

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (36) (Reply)

2022 Access Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment Has Been Extended / ICAN May 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here / How Can An Employee Write A Letter To Ask For Leave To Write An Exam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.