Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,697 members, 7,851,382 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:10 PM

What's It Like To Date A Nigerian Man - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's It Like To Date A Nigerian Man (2833 Views)

It's Like Many Married Women Don't Use Protection When Committing Adultery / Date A Girl In Your Financial Lane / Can You Date A Guy Who Doesn't Have Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's It Like To Date A Nigerian Man by lavylilly: 6:59am On May 11, 2023
It can be all fun and stressful at the same time.

He will always ask you if you have eating. No Nigerian man wants to see his woman under fed. They don't like it.

If he is an Igbo man be prepared to always hear “good morning meloff” ( my love).

Nigerian men are very caring. They know how to take care if their women.

Dating a Nigerian man is war. Another woman can be dragging him with you and you might never know except he tells you so you can put on your whole armor.

You cannot be sensitive with a Nigerian man. If you ask him “ honey did the food I made taste nice”? “Or does my bum look flat in this dress”? Be prepared for a frank and straight answer.

The way to their heart is plenty respect and good food.

They love being in control.

They are good providers.

What you see as being romantic might not be romantic to them. They will prefer to watch Chelsea trash man united in a soccer game than sit to watch the moon with you.

If he loves you, I mean truly loves you he can do anything for you.

13 Likes

Re: What's It Like To Date A Nigerian Man by Hamachi(f): 7:08am On May 11, 2023
Before jumping into Nigeria man is this or Nigerian man is that;

I want to be certain that you are not dating someone that told you he is a military man or some humanitarian scammers. Who is already asking you for some iTunes card or money or credit cards information.

If that's not your case, then we are now on the same page.

The truth is that Nigeria men are the simply the best. I can say this boldly because I have dated one

We are raised well, We are just ourself and we treat women with “ultimate respect”.

I am a girl, & can say exactly my experience with Naija guys.

But here are the -

Top 8 Naked truth you should know about dating a Nigerian Man

1. Dating a foreign man by a lady over here is often linked to the beneficial factors. I know most people won't tell you this but it's just the fact. Something must be attached.

2. Don't worry, your so called boyfriend was raised in a strong environment, therefore, he can cope with almost everything.

3. If your so called boyfriend from Nigeria is any random online guy… it might not work out. Why? Those I know are play boy… lol… except … just kidding….. ♥

4. You may have to show some respect. Yes, that's the code over in Nigeria to keeping your man. You don't relate with him like your house boy.

5. In case you are planning to proceed to marriage, be ready to face some culture shock

6. Nigerian man are not what you see in
Nollywood films. NO, you only get to know the man in Nigeria when you get to Nigeria

7. If he has ever requested any money from you before… watch out… something is about to happen…

8. An average Nigerian man is hardworking, yes, they hustle as we call it to survive. Only few are lazy……. They work hard on site and on bed.

I hope this will do some justice to your question

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's It Like To Date A Nigerian Man by IyaTola: 7:13am On May 11, 2023
Although the question is vague with little specifics to go with, I'll make some attempt.

It largely depends on the individual, I must point out, however for there to be a good attempt at an answer, whether generic or specific, we should put aside the individual traits and work with general characteristics and some stereotypes. Yes.

Nigerian Men are mostly passionate people, down to earth and generally very hardworking. If you watch football, which of course they love, it'll be easy to describe them as the Center forward of a team, most likely a Target man. Most Nigerian men are compassionate, however if this is a serious relationship and you'll look to spend the rest of your life with this person, then you might begin to notice that they are mostly right winged in values and some are quite conservative in nature.

Now to the stereotypes: PS: Remember we aren't using individual qualities here so let's begin.

If you are dating someone who is from the Northern part of Nigeria, there's a good chance he might be Hausa/Fulani and Moslem. They usually marry more than 1 wife. Someone with little exposure from this part of Nigeria wouldn't want a “progressive” woman or someone too ambitious. They mostly prefer the basics. Cook. Clean. Take care of the kids and house. Remember this is a stereotype and a generic answer.

If you are dating someone who has lived either in Lagos and Abuja for up to 5 years, and is middle class, them most likely that is an exposed man. Maybe not a gentleman, but an exposed man. As his lady, you'll notice a certain grit about his work ethic, and his plans to “make it” to give you a better life. However, this person might or might not be conservative in his demands. If he's not, then good, he'll want his woman to work and also probably wants an ambitious woman. If he is conservative in the Nigerian Sense of the word, and he earns enough say, close to N1m a month, he might not want to have a working class lady, and might prefer a stay at home woman.

In Southern Nigeria, mostly South East, the men here love their women. They are quite expressive and most of them use “endearing” words to tease their girlfriends or wives. If he is truly in love with you and looks to have a future with you, then he'll invite you into his “ship" or home, he'll introduce you a lot to his friends(although this is a general rule) and he'll most likely call you “mommy". If he does this, you have enter the Semi-Finals of the World Cup. Beware however, the Ship will most likely have 1 captain, him. There's no deputy captain, no assistant Captain. If he earns substantially well, wealthy ibo men most especially are notorious for paying their women/wives “salaries" to make them stay at home and not work. They love and prefer homemakers and might not fancy overly ambitious women. Sad but not entirely false

I have to end this here. Please note that this is a vague question and perhaps deserved a vague sketch. It is important to know that to enjoy any relationship you have to let go of any stereotypes or preconceived ideas and deal with him on a person to person basis and not as part of a group, learning daily, the same as ought to be done to you.

Take every thing I have said with slices of pepper and a pinch of salt please. Thank you.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's It Like To Date A Nigerian Man by QuinModah(f): 7:20am On May 11, 2023
Intelligent answers
Let me wait for Ndi NLers as I have created a counter thread.

3 Likes

Re: What's It Like To Date A Nigerian Man by Dshocker(m): 7:24am On May 11, 2023
[quote author=lavylilly post=123064502][/quote]

Must you bring igbo into your discussion?

3 Likes

Re: What's It Like To Date A Nigerian Man by Nobody: 7:42am On May 11, 2023
This one I'm seeing threads about dating Nigerian men and women early this morning I hope all I well

7 Likes

Re: What's It Like To Date A Nigerian Man by Streetmovement(m): 8:20am On May 11, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: What's It Like To Date A Nigerian Man by QuinModah(f): 8:49am On May 11, 2023
grin
Rayban25:
This one I'm seeing threads about dating Nigerian men and women early this morning I hope all I well
Re: What's It Like To Date A Nigerian Man by lavylilly: 12:12pm On May 11, 2023
undecided
Streetmovement:
Wotoporiously cool speaking

lipsrsealed
Re: What's It Like To Date A Nigerian Man by IyaTola: 7:55am On May 12, 2023
undecided
Rayban25:

1 Like

Re: What's It Like To Date A Nigerian Man by Nobody: 8:03am On May 12, 2023
undecided

2 Likes

Re: What's It Like To Date A Nigerian Man by Oyindamolah: 9:29am On May 13, 2023
shocked
Hamachi:
Before jumping into Nigeria man is this or Nigerian man is that;

I want to be certain that you are not dating someone that told you he is a military man or some humanitarian scammers. Who is already asking you for some iTunes card or money or credit cards information.

If that's not your case, then we are now on the same page.

The truth is that Nigeria men are the simply the best. I can say this boldly because I have dated one

We are raised well, We are just ourself and we treat women with “ultimate respect”.

I am a girl, & can say exactly my experience with Naija guys.

But here are the -

Top 8 Naked truth you should know about dating a Nigerian Man

1. Dating a foreign man by a lady over here is often linked to the beneficial factors. I know most people won't tell you this but it's just the fact. Something must be attached.

2. Don't worry, your so called boyfriend was raised in a strong environment, therefore, he can cope with almost everything.

3. If your so called boyfriend from Nigeria is any random online guy… it might not work out. Why? Those I know are play boy… lol… except … just kidding….. ♥

4. You may have to show some respect. Yes, that's the code over in Nigeria to keeping your man. You don't relate with him like your house boy.

5. In case you are planning to proceed to marriage, be ready to face some culture shock

6. Nigerian man are not what you see in
Nollywood films. NO, you only get to know the man in Nigeria when you get to Nigeria

7. If he has ever requested any money from you before… watch out… something is about to happen…

8. An average Nigerian man is hardworking, yes, they hustle as we call it to survive. Only few are lazy……. They work hard on site and on bed.

I hope this will do some justice to your question
Re: What's It Like To Date A Nigerian Man by IyaTola: 5:39pm On May 14, 2023
Re: What's It Like To Date A Nigerian Man by QuinModah(f): 8:59pm On May 14, 2023
Re: What's It Like To Date A Nigerian Man by lavylilly: 3:04pm On May 15, 2023
Thank you for your comments
Re: What's It Like To Date A Nigerian Man by ItisWell22(f): 3:50pm On May 15, 2023
Sweet-sour! 🥱

Maybe that’s what a balanced life is about… 🤧

2 Likes

Re: What's It Like To Date A Nigerian Man by lavylilly: 5:18pm On May 15, 2023
grin
ItisWell22:
Sweet-sour! 🥱

Maybe that’s what a balanced life is about… 🤧
Re: What's It Like To Date A Nigerian Man by lavylilly: 7:05am On May 17, 2023
wink
QuinModah:
Intelligent answers
Let me wait for Ndi NLers as I have created a counter thread.

1 Like

Re: What's It Like To Date A Nigerian Man by QuinModah(f): 7:31pm On May 18, 2023
Re: What's It Like To Date A Nigerian Man by Kiddogarcia(m): 8:44pm On May 18, 2023
Plus learn to leave us alone, remember we have jobs and we love football.

Na we be your best plug for everything Sexual enhancement

1 Like

Re: What's It Like To Date A Nigerian Man by Bellotelli: 9:01pm On May 18, 2023
[quote author=lavylilly post=123064502][/quote]
You really got me lol

2 Likes

Re: What's It Like To Date A Nigerian Man by QuinModah(f): 9:58pm On May 18, 2023
grin
Kiddogarcia:
Plus learn to leave us alone, remember we have jobs and we love football.

Na we be your best plug for everything Sexual enhancement
Re: What's It Like To Date A Nigerian Man by lavylilly: 1:07pm On May 19, 2023
lipsrsealed
Bellotelli:

You really got me lol
Re: What's It Like To Date A Nigerian Man by QuinModah(f): 2:08pm On May 20, 2023
angry
Re: What's It Like To Date A Nigerian Man by lavylilly: 7:16am On May 25, 2023
Good morning

(1) (Reply)

Do You Find It Hard Having Sex With Condom? / Mmm / When She Says Shes A Strong Beautiful Independent Black Woman #picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.