Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,325 members, 7,850,160 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:28 PM

North Roars: Grant Us Leadership Of NASS Or We’ll Withdraw Support For APC, Govt - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Roars: Grant Us Leadership Of NASS Or We’ll Withdraw Support For APC, Govt (23220 Views)

2023: Ortom, Benue Elders Withdraw Support For Atiku / The ‘landlords’ Of NASS: Longest Serving Lawmakers In The National Assembly (pic / "Why I Ordered Invasion Of NASS" - Lawal Daura (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North Roars: Grant Us Leadership Of NASS Or We’ll Withdraw Support For APC, Govt by taiwolomo1: 5:38pm On May 13, 2023
Ikpeyi:
The North has a point. The SP should be given to the North West while Speaker should be given to the North Central because if their contribution to Tinubu presidency. That is the truth.
kuku let buhari continue..omoale

1 Like

Re: North Roars: Grant Us Leadership Of NASS Or We’ll Withdraw Support For APC, Govt by Fujiyama: 5:41pm On May 13, 2023
Hotwest:
in charge but the majority of them wallow in poverty

^^^
But they are still in charge and what they say goes, whether or not they are mired in poverty.

Hotwest:
Nigeria can't get better under all u wrote up there people ruling...that's why we real Nigerians the world know from the south clamour for transmission in power...

^^^
grin

"We real Nigerians"? What does this even mean?

Agreed...Nigeria cannot get better if its leaders have the qualities I listed. But you have still not answered the question I have been asking: how can the 'smart' sit back and agree to be led by the 'stupid'? How? undecided

Hotwest:
...enough of gworo kunu people so are so even poor academically.

^^^
This is a variant of the same old theme. And the question still stands: how can these academically poor, gworo munching, kunu guzzling people continue to lead and dominate "smart" people with a superior diet? How?

Hotwest:
Shamefully enough u r using ur elite depriving you of a better life to boast. The North is in mess and you know it

^^^
grin

Emotional, oestrogen-driven response.

You know absolutely nothing about me. You are grasping at and reaching for anything now. I could be a 300 pound wrestler from Western Samoa who happens to know a little about Nigeria. You just don't know.

Don't divert from the topic. You have slated Northern Nigeria for not delivering the goods. What are you going to do to change the situation in the real world (and not just the internet) so that your kids aren't writing the same thing online years from now?

Didi you vote in the last election? What were your electoral choices and can you defend them publicly? (Be truthful now wink )

1 Like

Re: North Roars: Grant Us Leadership Of NASS Or We’ll Withdraw Support For APC, Govt by Kingbuhari(m): 5:41pm On May 13, 2023
FiftyFifty:
As long as SE is out of the equation then it's all good. SE can't reap where they didn't sow. Let them wait for Gringory's presidency when he wakes up... grin
a typical igbo man do not need the presidential connection to buy ur ancestral land, build 4 storey building there for rental and still employ you to be his caretaker in a land you sold to him.. take ur presidency while I keep occupying ur land.. very soon u will lose everything like Palestine

4 Likes

Re: North Roars: Grant Us Leadership Of NASS Or We’ll Withdraw Support For APC, Govt by Jostoman: 5:44pm On May 13, 2023
zeuss:
When Buhari was there the north took naija for spoil. Now table has turned... Noise will remain what it is.
they are just using all these their nonsense to distract you poeple.
Re: North Roars: Grant Us Leadership Of NASS Or We’ll Withdraw Support For APC, Govt by Hotwest: 5:46pm On May 13, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
But they are still in charge and what they say goes, whether or not they are mired in poverty.

^^^
grin

"We real Nigerians"? What does this even mean?

Agreed...Nigeria cannot get better if its leaders have the qualities I listed. But you have still not answered the question I have been asking: how can the 'smart' sit back and agree to be led by the 'stupid'? How? undecided

^^^
This is a variant of the same old theme. And the question still stands: how can these academically poor, gworo munching, kunu guzzling people continue to lead and dominate "smart" people with a superior diet? How?

^^^
grin

Emotional, oestrogen-driven response.

You know absolutely nothing about me. You are grasping at and reaching for anything now. I could be a 300 pound wrestler from Western Samoa who happens to know a little about Nigeria. You just don't know.

Don't divert from the topic. You have slated Northern Nigeria for not delivering the goods. What are you going to do to change the situation in the real world (and not just the internet) so that your kids aren't writing the same thing online years from now?

Didi you vote in the last election? What were your electoral choices and can you defend them publicly? (Be truthful now wink )
I hope you can see how we are pushing someone like Obi this time more than ever before.

Just that when these idiots ruling now get up there they tend to use our dumb ass weak blood civilian democrazy military against the masses but only time will tell this nonsense must stop and not be passed to the next Nigeria generation
Re: North Roars: Grant Us Leadership Of NASS Or We’ll Withdraw Support For APC, Govt by Popesuccess(m): 5:47pm On May 13, 2023
zeuss:
When Buhari was there the north took naija for spoil. Now table has turned... Noise will remain what it is.
What are they even saying, before Tanko step down as chief justice, where they not heading the 3 arms of government. Any one from the middle belt or a northern christian supporting this nonsense is not wise.
Re: North Roars: Grant Us Leadership Of NASS Or We’ll Withdraw Support For APC, Govt by Onyiridike(f): 5:53pm On May 13, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
'They' are dumb.
'They' are illiterate.
'They' are stupid.
'They' are dense.
'They' are poor.
'They' are deprived.
'They' are slow.
'They' are dull.

And so on.

And yet..."they" are still in charge.

Something is not adding up.
In charge of what exactly?
That Buhari is the president means Hausa-Fulani are in charge? Yet boko haram and Bandits are killing them in their numbers?
Can Buhari decide what happens in SE for example?
What is your idea of being in charge?
Let me tell you a short story:
I graduated from a renowned University in the North as the 2nd best graduating student and also finished my postgraduate studies in the same school. When it is time to retain their bests for teaching position, I was not considered due to tribalism and religion.
However, I told myself that I am bigger than a mere teaching appointment.
By God's grace today, I earn two times the total remuneration of a professor.
The destiny of a man or a region is in the hands of God and not political positions.
Take everything from an Igbo man and leave him with his brain, he will bounce back to your envy.

1 Like

Re: North Roars: Grant Us Leadership Of NASS Or We’ll Withdraw Support For APC, Govt by J3susFr3ak: 5:55pm On May 13, 2023
Popesuccess:
What are they even saying, before Tanko step down as chief justice, where they not heading the 3 arms of government. Any one from the middle belt or a northern christian supporting this nonsense is not wise.

I concur...

They just get some token minority Christian Belter there to make it seem even the whole Middle Belt is part of their whole "north roars" nonsense. It is more like "north meows" trying to maintain some useless Muslim oligarchy status quo...

This is is not 1960 anymore. Time to restructure this nonsense an give the Central Region its own unique identity...not this hand-me-down colonial descriptors!
Re: North Roars: Grant Us Leadership Of NASS Or We’ll Withdraw Support For APC, Govt by Zico5(m): 5:58pm On May 13, 2023
LeoDeKing:
These northerners again.

For fairness, it should be as stated below:
President ~ SW
Vice President ~ NE
Senate President ~ SS
Speaker ~ NC or NW
SGF ~ NW or NC
Petroleum Minister ~ SS

First 3 have been achieved already. Tinubu will ensure the last 3.

SGF must come from south. Chief of staff, SGF and Minister for justice must come from south. Buhari did the same and it's our turn as well

1 Like

Re: North Roars: Grant Us Leadership Of NASS Or We’ll Withdraw Support For APC, Govt by zeuss: 6:04pm On May 13, 2023
Jostoman:
they are just using all these their nonsense to distract you poeple.
Distract from what? There is nothing they can not do.
Re: North Roars: Grant Us Leadership Of NASS Or We’ll Withdraw Support For APC, Govt by ransomed: 6:07pm On May 13, 2023
Bunch of noise makers, what are you waiting for? Withdraw your support and let everyone answer his/her father's name.
Enough of your manipulation. Do it if you are capable.
Re: North Roars: Grant Us Leadership Of NASS Or We’ll Withdraw Support For APC, Govt by FiftyFifty(m): 6:09pm On May 13, 2023
Kingbuhari:
while you are busy making noise online, I have finished my mansion in oba, Start building my 58 rooms hotel in Asaba and waiting to take another land in lagos next month.. typical igboman don't have time for politics of hate what he care about is enabling environment where he can thrive... before I reach ur age.. I might buy half of ur village the the pace I see myself

Lol. Same chest-beating attitude Igbos are notoriously famous for. Those who are somebodies do not say it, kiddo. An empty vessel is all I can see in you, ekuke bingo. A descendant of Chukwuma Nzeagwu has the guts and the audacity to accuse a Northerner of a "politics of hate". Lol.

3 Likes

Re: North Roars: Grant Us Leadership Of NASS Or We’ll Withdraw Support For APC, Govt by Femmyfamous4u(m): 6:14pm On May 13, 2023
They will do nothing. They are not the only tribe that can rule. It should go to the south east or south south.
Re: North Roars: Grant Us Leadership Of NASS Or We’ll Withdraw Support For APC, Govt by Billmos: 6:17pm On May 13, 2023
Mumu demand when all arms of govt were controlled by d same north in pmb what stop d same mumu group from calling for equity n fairness then.d are making noise as usual what will be will be.

1 Like

Re: North Roars: Grant Us Leadership Of NASS Or We’ll Withdraw Support For APC, Govt by Fujiyama: 6:23pm On May 13, 2023
Onyiridike:

In charge of what exactly?
That Buhari is the president means Hausa-Fulani are in charge? Yet boko haram and Bandits are killing them in their numbers?
Can Buhari decide what happens in SE for example?
What is your idea of being in charge?
Let me tell you a short story:
I graduated from a renowned University in the North as the 2nd best graduating student and also finished my postgraduate studies in the same school. When it is time to retain their bests for teaching position, I was not considered due to tribalism and religion.
However, I told myself that I am bigger than a mere teaching appointment.
By God's grace today, I earn two times the total remuneration of a professor.
The destiny of a man or a region is in the hands of God and not political positions.
Take everything from an Igbo man and leave him with his brain, he will bounce back to your envy.

^^^
I'm glad you are doing well. But note that I didn't say anything about any ethnicity. I made no comments about Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba. wink

As for my comments about who's in charge...you have answered your own question. According to you, your alma mater did not retain you because of tribalism and religion. There you have it.

You can open almost any thread in the politics section here and you'll get your answer in any form you like but with a core truth.

The FG collects duties on alcoholic beverages and shares the proceeds among all the states. Some states will destroy your merchandise (if you are a seller of such beverages) and yet will absolutely not reject their share of federal revenues tainted by this unholy firewater. You still want to know who's in charge?

You cannot get a job in the organized private sector in Nigeria without some form of tertiary education. Even if you do get a job, your prospects for career growth are very limited without tertiary education. Yet...for over half a century, the minimum requirement for a Nigerian president was school leaving certificate. You still want to know who's in charge?

How many items are on the exclusive list versus the concurrent and residual lists? And what are these items? The most recent constitutional amendments passed by the NASS - which states voted against the (largely token I must say) measures to devolve more powers to sub-national governments? You still want to know who's in charge? undecided

Let's not even start on cut off marks for admission into federal schools.

And there's still more.
Re: North Roars: Grant Us Leadership Of NASS Or We’ll Withdraw Support For APC, Govt by Guyman01: 6:25pm On May 13, 2023
FiftyFifty:
As long as SE is out of the equation then it's all good. SE can't reap where they didn't sow. Let them wait for Gringory's presidency when he wakes up... grin
Calm down, Igbos want the best for Nigeria and not not unnecessary jostling for power which will not improve the lives of the people. Most Igbos have real jobs unlike these northerners totally dependent on Govt money

1 Like

Re: North Roars: Grant Us Leadership Of NASS Or We’ll Withdraw Support For APC, Govt by Fujiyama: 6:42pm On May 13, 2023
Hotwest:
I hope you can see how we are pushing someone like Obi this time more than ever before.

Just that when these idiots ruling now get up there they tend to use our dumb ass weak blood civilian democrazy military against the masses but only time will tell this nonsense must stop and not be passed to the next Nigeria generation

^^^
grin

I am not happy that you haven't addressed nearly all of my questions. You only alluded to your voting choices for the presidential election. Everything else - you were silent. Why? undecided

I am doing you a favour by forcing you to clarify and articulate your position. If as you say - certain things must not be passed to the next generation, how will you achieve this? How? Vague, wishful thinking won't cut it.

Like I said earlier, changing your alms giving patterns is NOT a viable political strategy. What is your plan?
Re: North Roars: Grant Us Leadership Of NASS Or We’ll Withdraw Support For APC, Govt by Fujiyama: 6:51pm On May 13, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:
They will do nothing. They are not the only tribe that can rule. It should go to the south east or south south.

^^^
This is the first mistake and a surprisingly basic one at that.

The term North is a geographical term AND a political one as well. It is not a tribe (by the way, the use of this term is derogatory and should be avoided. Nobody describes the English, scots or the welsh as 'tribes'.) It is also not an ethnicity or an ethnic nationality.

The South East and South South are also not 'tribes'. These terms are geo-political in nature.

Getting the terminology right is the first order of business.
Re: North Roars: Grant Us Leadership Of NASS Or We’ll Withdraw Support For APC, Govt by Kingbuhari(m): 7:10pm On May 13, 2023
FiftyFifty:

Lol. Same chest-beating attitude Igbos are notoriously famous for. Those who are somebodies do not say it, kiddo. An empty vessel is all I can see in you, ekuke bingo. A descendant of Chukwuma Nzeagwu has the guts and the audacity to accuse a Northerner of a "politics of hate". Lol.
do I look like am bluffing I have told u my village ,have told u my achievements in my 30yrs+ of my of my life... if only u are being paid for ur stupidy I would've been more happier, atleast u will be earning peanut for ur stupidity.. but the funniest thing, u are here wasting ur saliva while ur mates are busy becoming landowners.. lasti forget .. nah the same chest beating I beat achieve where I am today without government patronage.. if chase beating is achievements i wil beat it harder for more win while u are here waiting for clumps to fall in ur plate like almajiri

1 Like

Re: North Roars: Grant Us Leadership Of NASS Or We’ll Withdraw Support For APC, Govt by Menclothing: 7:47pm On May 13, 2023
Tinubu is not a leader you will be having conferences in the north to intimidate
That God it’s tinubu assuming it’s any other politician north go turn his government upside down

God may give us tinubu for a reason

Sp is going ss make una die

Every position Buhari gave north
Tinubu will
Also give south
Re: North Roars: Grant Us Leadership Of NASS Or We’ll Withdraw Support For APC, Govt by FiftyFifty(m): 7:49pm On May 13, 2023
Kingbuhari:
do I look like am bluffing I have told u my village ,have told u my achievements in my 30yrs+ of my of my life... if only u are being paid for ur stupidy I would've been more happier, atleast u will be earning peanut for ur stupidity.. but the funniest thing, u are here wasting ur saliva while ur mates are busy becoming landowners.. lasti forget .. nah the same chest beating I beat achieve where I am today without government patronage.. if chase beating is achievements i wil beat it harder for more win while u are here waiting for clumps to fall in ur plate like almajiri

Lol. Empty vessel... Typical Igbo man. Nothing Igbo men do will shock me anymore. Well, I've achieved what you're now bragging about at least a decade back. You will gladly fast for forty days and forty nights to be where I am today. I can pay for you and anything you claimed to have possessed just the way I can pay for a local chicken. I only hope you're not into criminality because crime and you people are 5 and 6... Ndi developer. Lol

NB: Didn't they teach you punctuation marks back days in school?

3 Likes

Re: North Roars: Grant Us Leadership Of NASS Or We’ll Withdraw Support For APC, Govt by adecz: 7:52pm On May 13, 2023
✅☑️✅✔️⭕️⭕️✔️☑️✅

Though a selfish position, I totally
agree with the position of the north.

The SE contributed nothing to the victory
of APC, so they are in no position to be
making any demands. They should wait for
Obi to win at the tribunal to get their
appointments. You can't be working in
NEPA and expect to collect salary in
Ministry of Agric.

On the other hand, the south slept
over their rights when they allowed Buhari
to appoint Northern Muslims as leaders
in Senate, Judiciary, INEC, Army, Air force,
Immigration, Customs, Finance, Petroleum,
Maritime, Ports, Defence, Security Adviser,
FCT Aviation and what have you.

Now, they put Tinubu their and are determined to get their pound of flesh and
have no time to be diplomatic to any
other region.🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
Re: North Roars: Grant Us Leadership Of NASS Or We’ll Withdraw Support For APC, Govt by Codes151(m): 8:07pm On May 13, 2023
Noise makers...

when buhari was appointing northerners everywhere, u guys saw nothing wrong...

south never take over o,, una don d cry...

see all this hypocrisy? both in ur religion and lifestyle.. una no get shame..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: North Roars: Grant Us Leadership Of NASS Or We’ll Withdraw Support For APC, Govt by MasterShifu010(m): 8:26pm On May 13, 2023
Uniquekriss:
I need many plugs who can sell condemned/waste oil to me in tonnes on a regular basis.
Dm me
Re: North Roars: Grant Us Leadership Of NASS Or We’ll Withdraw Support For APC, Govt by Mummiesboy: 8:58pm On May 13, 2023
LeoDeKing:
These northerners again.

For fairness, it should be as stated below:
President ~ SW
Vice President ~ NE
Senate President ~ SS
Speaker ~ NC or NW
SGF ~ NW or NC
Petroleum Minister ~ SS

First 3 have been achieved already. Tinubu will ensure the last 3.

You are soo bais that your sense of reasoning is very shallow.
No even think am na south-south I be
Re: North Roars: Grant Us Leadership Of NASS Or We’ll Withdraw Support For APC, Govt by Holak: 9:10pm On May 13, 2023
adecz:

✅☑️✅✔️⭕️⭕️✔️☑️✅

Though a selfish position, I totally
agree with the position of the north.

The SE contributed nothing to the victory
of APC, so they are in no position to be
making any demands. They should wait for
Obi to win at the tribunal to get their
appointments. You can't be working in
NEPA and expect to collect salary in
Ministry of Agric.

On the other hand, the south slept
over their rights when they allowed Buhari
to appoint Northern Muslims as leaders
in Senate, Judiciary, INEC, Army, Air force,
Immigration, Customs, Finance, Petroleum,
Maritime, Ports, Defence, Security Adviser,
FCT Aviation and what have you.

Now, they put Tinubu their and are determined to get their pound of flesh and
have no time to be diplomatic to any
other region.🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Igbos are not contesting for Senate President. APC zoned it to SS and not has come out to oppose it. It will do well for you to address the situation and leave the Igbos.
Re: North Roars: Grant Us Leadership Of NASS Or We’ll Withdraw Support For APC, Govt by Uniquekriss(m): 9:13pm On May 13, 2023
MasterShifu010:

Dm me
let's connect on WhatsApp, zero seven zero, 4 three five three 7five 95

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Crime Is Endemic In Nigeria – US Cautions Citizens / Don Okonkwo, Ifeanyi Uba, Traditional Rulers, Others Storm Ojoto Ofala Festival / Chevening Scholarship Removes Diezani From Honours List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.