Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,274 members, 7,829,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘My President’ – Tunde Bakare - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘My President’ – Tunde Bakare (39124 Views)

Fact Check: Did Prof Aderinto Call Tinubu's Win "Stolen Mandate"? / Show That You Love Nigeria, Call Tinubu Now, Adewole Adebayo Tells Atiku, Obi / Please Call Tinubu To Order, Dele Momodu Tells President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘My President’ – Tunde Bakare by Nobody: 8:46am On May 28, 2023
ogododo:

Serving Overseer of the Citadel Global Community Church, Pastor Tunde Bakare, has said he will never call the President-elect, Bola Tinubu, his president.

The cleric and politician, during a webinar on Saturday, alleged a series of malpractices during the 2023 elections, saying the Independent National Electoral Commission made a mess of the electioneering process.

He said this while responding during a Question & Answer session after delivering his speech on the Zoom programme titled ‘Building the New Nigeria: The Role of the Diaspora’ organised by the PTB4Nigeria In Diaspora Group.

The meeting, which began 7pm and was monitored by our correspondent, had over 200 participants.

While speaking earlier during the programme, he said the 2023 elections were below acceptable standards.

When asked if he would be happy to work for the new government as a Minister of Diaspora Engagements, he laughed and said he would say what he said to the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), last week.

He said he told Buhari that sometimes he called him President of Nigeria and other times, he called him “My President.”

Bakare said, “Last Wednesday, I was at the Glass House where he (Buhari) has been restricted now because the main house is being renovated. I said I have done that for you. I want you to know that, because of the circumstances of your flying into power on the wings of integrity and incorruptibility, but you’re now passing onto someone who does not have that value.

He said that at “any public lecture anywhere, before this mess is cleared off, I will address Asiwaju (Tinubu) as a President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria but I will never call him my president.”

He said he didn’t participate in the elections, and therefore, no one could say he lost.

Bakare, who participated in the All Progressives Congress presidential primary in June 2022, where nomination forms were sold for N100 million, polled no single vote.

Briefly touching this, he said, “I participated in the primary, and there were hundreds (of persons) who participated only by stepping down, so there is no shame in what we have done. We spoke truth to power within seven minutes.”

“I wasn’t there when they voted, I wasn’t there when they scored (me) zero, but we won that badge of zero and badge of honour,” he said, adding that this was because some defeats that were more triumphant than victories.
e/

Pastor Tunde Bakare, pride comes before a fall. The opposite of Grace is Disgrace. Remember, in late 1998 and early 1999 you gave a prophecy that Obasanjo will not rule Nigeria. You repeated the prophecy on your Sunday Services where you invited TV stations for coverages.

After the election in 1999, you repeated the prophecy severally creating fears that Obasanjo will die before inauguration. Other fake prophets picked what you said and prophesied that Obasanjo will die before inauguration.

You created tension in Nigeria. Amidst the fears created by your tension, there was a rumour that Obasanjo was dead. This caused great shock until Obasanjo spoke that ' I dey kampe'. Which means nothing happened to him. Thereafter, you spent 8 years to attack Obasanjo to escape the shame of that prophecy.

The first and only time I saw you in person was at the opening of Pastor Abraham Sam Aiyedogbon Church ( Cathedral) at Okota that should be late 2003 or early January 2004. That was my first and last time of visiting that Church. I am not a member, I only went there to rejoice as a body of Christ with Pastor Aiyedogbon as a very young man. That was when I know Pastor Abraham Sam Aiyedogbon is your spiritual son which was trained by you in your ministry. As the spiritual father, you preached, commissioned the Church and blessed the Pastor and his wife.

I wrote the above because last year, on nairaland, Pastor Aiyedogbon also threatened to fight Tinubu with everything over his Muslim - Muslim ticket. Pastor Aiyedogbon always fight on your side the same way Pastor Enenche and Ibiyeomie fight on Papa's side.

It is not of him that struggles (strives or WILL or run ) but it is the Lord that shows mercy. Nobody can become a ruler of a Nation of nations, the most populous black nation on Earth except ordained by God.

You spent 50% of the preaching during the Commissioning of Pastor Abraham Sam Aiyedogbon Church at Okota to tell us that late MKO Abiola was your uncle and how you prophesied to him that he will not rule Nigeria and how MKO called you severally to know if God has changed his mind, but you told him, the prophecy did not change. Nobody can know the mind of God every time, not even Elisha.

For the Oil on your head which I respect, I withdraw what I want to say.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘My President’ – Tunde Bakare by BarrElChapo(m): 8:48am On May 28, 2023
Thief, so you want to be minister 😂

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘My President’ – Tunde Bakare by abysirius(m): 8:48am On May 28, 2023
You don't have to call anyone your president. Just be law abiding, shikena!

2 Likes

Re: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘My President’ – Tunde Bakare by randymirrors(f): 8:49am On May 28, 2023
absoluteSuccess:
What I have learned in this season with the Ascension to power of the president elect is that no man, (however close to God) can divine the Divine.

For the younger generation, choose your on your journey to the peak. You are out for success, but various calamity is pretty part of the journey, embrace it.

Should have a 1000 likes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘My President’ – Tunde Bakare by TrustedLawyer: 8:51am On May 28, 2023
Look at who is talking about integrity. A man who borrowed depositors' money from Wema bank to build a church, hoping to scam his members to pay back, then Covid-19 struck. He is now hugely indebted to the bank.

Would a man of integrity borrow money to build a church?

Surprisingly, with all his lies and manipulations, his members still believe in him.

Dear pastor, Tinubu will do so well, that you, his haters will unknowingly call him my president with a bow.

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘My President’ – Tunde Bakare by ojex004: 8:51am On May 28, 2023
In exam hall/ interview, who is nigeria president?
Go write/ say pithoebi and get ur score/ wotowoto by same zombidence

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘My President’ – Tunde Bakare by Gbeng30(m): 8:52am On May 28, 2023
I Guess tinubu has not give you your share, because when buhari settled you then you acknowledge him as your President... This man is a political business strategists
Re: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘My President’ – Tunde Bakare by Tom1960: 8:58am On May 28, 2023
Whatever you call Tinubu is insignificant.

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘My President’ – Tunde Bakare by Blaze14k: 8:59am On May 28, 2023
inoki247:

Who's forcing anything on u...

You're not in North Korea people that never regard Trump as there President did anybody force them so why're you guys crying up nd down nd saying someone is been forced on u last time I checked to enter Benin Republic or Cameroon na Visa free why not go dere nobody's forcing anything on u ...

You see from your statement its ur likes that always speak without reasoning. Who told you people dont like trump. You ur likes dont do there research properly thats why u end up saying rubbish
Re: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘My President’ – Tunde Bakare by yachal: 9:02am On May 28, 2023
absoluteSuccess:

Thanks very much buddy, I really appreciate your comment. For someone from the common-man background, growing up we didn't have many heroes up close.

This often limit life pursuits and we do miss the person we would have become. So when people achieve their dreams in public space, the noisemakers won't allow the children of the common man draw crucial life lessons when it matters most.

Hence the post, so it can inspire someone else instead of allowing the hatred that's in it for some people to sink in to the next generation. It's ideal that the children of the common man will not always settle for the noise, missing the message that life is teaching at the moment.

Noise is a peel-off, one must settle for the true contents of greatness (being excellent or extremely excellent at something) that help people actualizes their dreams.

"Excellence must be part of the contents of our character."

Very insightful
Co-signed

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘My President’ – Tunde Bakare by inoki247: 9:04am On May 28, 2023
Blaze14k:

You see from your statement its ur likes that always speak without reasoning. Who told you people dont like trump. You ur likes dont do there research properly thats why u end up saying rubbish

Stop crying is all out there...

Dere were alot of Protest when Trump became the President Alot of people with different remarks of how they won't regard him so rest nd stop trying to play clever....

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/thousands-across-us-protest-president-elect-donald-trump-020435266--abc-news-topstories.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4142838/Hundreds-thousands-American-women-protest-Trump.html

https://www.nairaland.com/3586134/2.5million-crowd-marching-against-trump

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘My President’ – Tunde Bakare by Nobody: 9:05am On May 28, 2023
Johans2023:
it changes alot. No president will ever succeed if 80% of his citizens are against him.
Do you think do you think tinubu will find it easy if the christians refused to work with him

Think deeper bro. Your claim in bold above is an artificial construct designed for a polity innately lacking political sophistication and focus.

Had Buhari led well then Tinubu would have strolled into Aso Rock with a landslide victory.

The reality is that Buhari failed horribly to cause Nigerians excruciating pain and suffereing.

He and his born-to-rule advisors from the North were then obsessed with deliberately innitiating policies and 'traps' to ensure APC appears failed so that Tinubu is damaged by association and therfore unable to become President.

Buhari and his crew calculated that APC's 'failure', real and manufsctured, would automatically be blamed on everyone affiliated with the Party whether they were decision makers or not.

They wanted gullible and politically unsophisticated Nigerians to scapegoat and reject BAT for APC's brutal failure perhaps so that Atiku wins as a last option since they failed to stop Tinubu via the numerous machinations they adopted to thwart him at the APC primaries.

Tinubu may not even have needed the strategy decision of Muslim-Muslim ticket you now claim makes Christians his enemies had they not put mountains, surely unsurmountable for most normal people, before him.

That Tinubu emerged victorious is, to the deeper-thinking Nigerian, convincing evidence he is by far best to be our President. Not those who wilt, flee and hide at the slightest challenge as Obi fled PDP and capitulated during the Naira redesign.

It is the lack of political sophistication of some Nigerians that meant they transferred blame to Tinubu, without recourse to his excellent history and background as a leader, once APC caused them severe pain through Buhari's leadership that is nothing to do with BAT.

Tinubu even spoke many times directly against the policies of Buhari, most recently the timing of the currency redesign, but few Nigerians noted this because scapegoating folks for blame is all they care about and not sincere introspection over issues.

The hatred you claim some Nigerians have for for Tinubu was carefully packaged and stage-managed for a gullible audience so they transfer blame to him, due to their incapacity for seeing the big picture, for a situation BAT is not responsible for.

The vested political interest of some led them to use Nigerians callously and cynically, as collateral damage, in their desperation to ensure Tinubu does not become President.

The rejection you claim many host for Tinubu is transferred and not purist. Get that difference clear because it is what negates your statement in bold.

Tinubu will succeed because his rejection by some is emotional and not a reflection of him haven ever failed at any level, and in any position, as a leader.

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘My President’ – Tunde Bakare by chopmymoney(f): 9:09am On May 28, 2023
Rubbish.....they should ask him where he got the #100m to purchase Apc nomination form?
As if he is relevant....wailers everywhere ..

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘My President’ – Tunde Bakare by Nobody: 9:11am On May 28, 2023
chopmymoney:
Rubbish.....they should ask him where he got the #100m to purchase Apc nomination form?
As if he is relevant....wailers everywhere ..

Don't mind Bakare. Typical Nigerian charlatan. Na dem full ground. Good at pretending they mean well but they all eventually get exposed as power-obsessed zeroes.

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘My President’ – Tunde Bakare by Nobody: 9:13am On May 28, 2023

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘My President’ – Tunde Bakare by Eriokanmi: 9:14am On May 28, 2023
Larryndelaw:
Stop saying nonsense. How many clients has he represent in court. Moreover, the 100m he wasted would have uplifting many people.in his church or given to youth as a capital to start business. He is stupid and saying nonsense.
You don't know what you're spewing. Tunde Bakare is the legal adviser and company lawyer to chevron among others. He's not a lawyer to politicians and corrupt fellows whom you'd always see in court defending them

How much are his members paying in offering? He had no branches unlike other churches where their GOs depend on what comes from members and branches. He's the one who spends on his church and not even members. I can undestand, he won't be praised by your likes because he stands for what's good. How much is the 100m you guys are even stressing yourselves over? It's less than 150kUSD. Pray to God to pull you out of poverty. You don't know how much he spends on the less privileged alone. Is it because he's not publishing it? He's not a thief , unlike your mentor you're defending.
Re: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘My President’ – Tunde Bakare by VEHINTOLAR: 9:18am On May 28, 2023
Mtchew,attention seeker ! Go and sit down somewhere sir,Tinubu self no see you !

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘My President’ – Tunde Bakare by hush15: 9:24am On May 28, 2023
ogododo:

https://punchng.com/breaking-i-will-never-call-tinubu-my-president-tunde-bakare/

I support you jare Baba Bakare on this one. He hasn't earned it, so let them continue to force him on us, he will remain unworthy, undeserving.

Yes we will endure and our joy will definitely come. In the mean time, let that man of no honor continue to think highly of himself.
Re: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘My President’ – Tunde Bakare by Sigmundbest: 9:24am On May 28, 2023

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘My President’ – Tunde Bakare by Akharmony: 9:31am On May 28, 2023
Until taxes is impose on his church building his brain will reset. . Government nah him mate

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘My President’ – Tunde Bakare by abidem4real: 9:32am On May 28, 2023
ogododo:

https://punchng.com/breaking-i-will-never-call-tinubu-my-president-tunde-bakare/
Senseless pastor! Does he need you to call him your president? Tinubu after all is a President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. He is everybody's President and nobody's President.

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘My President’ – Tunde Bakare by redsun(m): 9:36am On May 28, 2023
Many Nigerians identify with pastor Bakare. Tinubu becoming the president of Nigeria is surreal, especially with the terrorist sympathizer as his vice. It's like a hastily penned Nollywood script playing out before the hypnotized masses.
Re: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘My President’ – Tunde Bakare by abidem4real: 9:41am On May 28, 2023
ogododo:

Tinubu is a Nigerian just like a typical Nigerian should be. He is no devil because all are sinners. No one is an angel.
Come to think of it, did you just say Buhari came to power on the wings of integrity and incorruptibility?! Have you forgotten this same Tinubu your coconut head now believes is a devil principally brought Buhari (your president) into power? You must be suffering from myopia, jealousy and unfounded bitterness towards God's own project called "THE JAGABAN".

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘My President’ – Tunde Bakare by Electorate: 9:42am On May 28, 2023
Desusi:

Abi o, small pickins they worry them.Like Chris of Christ embassy, l have resolved to accept tinubu as our President. Why? It takes an Angel to escape those terrible obstacles set for him during the process of this ongoing transition. God bless the president, all hail the presidio!

Babzrockman:
How market with the one with Integrity and Incorruptible

We want working Nigeria and that's all

OneTemplate:
Bakare is entitled to his opinion and choices. Tinubu is a focused man on a misssion. He wont be bothered about what Bakare thinks.

The job at hand is huge because Nigeria is truly fcked.

No way therefore a serious President will pay individual egos any attention when the mission of improving the lives of 200 million people Is uppermost on his mind.

gaby:
Political talking from every corner of the mouth.

Try and read the message in your higgness state and reread it when you are sober and you'll keep questioning your sanity.

FFk brother with a pulpit.

BlueRayDick:
The long and short of it is that he’s still pissed about how contestants shamelessly stepped down that night of APC convention 🤣

In the last paragraph he’s stylishly saying he won’t mind being a minister under Tinubu(despite his displeasure with the electoral process that produced him); provided the terms/condition of service are favorable to him.

LegendHero:
So far you call him the president of the federal republic of Nigeria, we are good.

flokii:
Bakare should go and sit down.. whether you call him your president or not changes nothing.

inoki247:
As some people no call Trump dere president for 5years did he stop him from rulling US...

Make una continue to dey play..

alizma:
Fake number 16

Someone haired his opinion and you are all attacking him, na una get him mouth?

I remembered vividly in 2015 despite all the red flags and warning about Buhari, some idiots still went as low as saying "even if na newspaper him get we go still vote for am' when the issue of his certificate arises. Now those set of idiots are crying of poverty, no job and country hard. These set of idiots are an upgrade of those idiots, this set knows how Timubu pocketed Lagos and now about doing so to the future of their children yet they defend the thief.

Una go suffer for the next 16 years, shebi una no wan get sense. I am doing good with my family the country wahala no touch us. I no pity una.

Re: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘My President’ – Tunde Bakare by Blaze14k: 9:43am On May 28, 2023
inoki247:

Stop crying is all out there...

Dere were alot of Protest when Trump became the President Alot of people with different remarks of how they won't regard him so rest nd stop trying to play clever....

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/thousands-across-us-protest-president-elect-donald-trump-020435266--abc-news-topstories.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4142838/Hundreds-thousands-American-women-protest-Trump.html

https://www.nairaland.com/3586134/2.5million-crowd-marching-against-trump

No one is crying oga tinubu is not the first president of nigeria its the way u guys are making noise and defending his corrupt rule that worries us. U dont know how the world works u r just a naive little kid
Re: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘My President’ – Tunde Bakare by bigdammyj: 9:45am On May 28, 2023
absoluteSuccess:
What I have learned in this season with the Ascension to power of the president elect is that no man, (however close to God) can divine the Divine.

For the younger generation, choose your dreams carefully and go for it with utmost power and courage. Pursue your ambitions with exceptional excellence.

It's the excellence in your being that will see you through the difficult paths ahead of you on your journey to the peak. You are out for success, but various calamity is pretty part of the journey, embrace it.

Excellent spirit will see you through your dreams to success. Choose your dreams and run with it. We know when Tinubu was mocked, around the same time as Salisu Buhari but he never stopped, never allow negative vibes sink your will.

People will mock you and call you different names, fight on. Success is a journey. Make it the journey of your life, it will make your life
to be full of colors. You will lose friends who are not on the same momentum with you.

AD, ACN, APC: these are vehicles to a man actualizing his dream. He's probably won the election before the election year. Live for excellence, never live for the noise: year in year out, it's all noise and nothing changes in their lives.

Engage people who will make noise on your behalf. People you help will rally round you and make noise of the help you do. Help others in your journey of success.
Re: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘My President’ – Tunde Bakare by MrFly(m): 9:46am On May 28, 2023
U are from Nigeria and u'll call Tinubu a president of Nigeria. who are u decieving?
Re: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘My President’ – Tunde Bakare by Demurray: 9:48am On May 28, 2023
hisexcellency34:
But you can accept Ministerial position under him with conditions
In attempt to nail Tinubu, he actually shot himself in the leg.

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘My President’ – Tunde Bakare by inoki247: 9:54am On May 28, 2023
Blaze14k:

No one is crying oga tinubu is not the first president of nigeria its the way u guys are making noise and defending his corrupt rule that worries us. U dont know how the world works u r just a naive little kid

Oga you're still crying after debunking Trump wasn't accepted by all Americans buh now you're deviating....

Even Buhari wasn't accepted by all still he ruled for 8yrs so continue with the tears.

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘My President’ – Tunde Bakare by shineoflife: 9:54am On May 28, 2023
Useless man from day 1 grin grin
Na im make he dey contest without any single vote or tangible support at all time
Bastard angry

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘My President’ – Tunde Bakare by Blaze14k: 9:55am On May 28, 2023
inoki247:

Oga you're still crying after debunking Trump wasn't accepted by all Americans buh now you're deviating....

Even Buhari wasn't accepted by all still he ruled for 8yrs so continue with the tears.

Go and check the survey of people who want trump to run for president again. Like i said u dont know how the system works u r naive little kid
Re: I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘My President’ – Tunde Bakare by omooba74(m): 9:56am On May 28, 2023
On point. May you be blessed in all ramifications....
absoluteSuccess:

For the younger generation, choose your dreams carefully and go for it with utmost power and courage. Pursue your ambitions with exceptional excellence.

It's the excellence in your being that will see you through the difficult paths ahead of you on your journey to the peak. You are out for success, but various calamity is pretty part of the journey, embrace it.

Excellent spirit will see you through your dreams to success. Choose your dreams and run with it. We know when Tinubu was mocked, around the same time as Salisu Buhari but he never stopped, never allow negative vibes sink your will.

People will mock you and call you different names, fight on. Success is a journey. Make it the journey of your life, it will make your life
to be full of colors. You will lose friends who are not on the same momentum with you.

AD, ACN, APC: these are vehicles to a man actualizing his dream. He's probably won the election before the election year. Live for excellence, never live for the noise: year in year out, it's all noise and nothing changes in their lives.

Engage people who will make noise on your behalf. People you help will rally round you and make noise of the help you do. Help others in your journey of success.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Time To Call Out Osinbajo By Yinka Odumakin / Obasanjo, Jonathan, IBB, Abdulsalami Absent From Buhari’s 2nd Term Inauguration / Ben Bruce Reacts On Question Asked About Okonjo Iweala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.