Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) (26114 Views)

*~Temmytanny Voted Travel Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations / *~ Vicjustice Voted Travel Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! / Travel Section Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by Nobody: 7:33am On Oct 31, 2019
Moderator Justwise , kindly tell me why the attatched thread below was hidden/removed. CC: Seun

I have noticed that any thread I post on Travel Section gets removed? The only threads that are not removed are ones that get redirected here from other sections. Why? I take extra care to make sure my threads don't break any rules and are about Travel, but still they get removed.

I once posted about a woman and baby who were burned to death in Onitsha and it was swiftly removed. But to my greatest surprise a similar thread about the same woman and her baby had not only been allowed, but had also been sent to Front Page. I checked the original section and it was Travel Section.

I can go on and on, but let me stop here. The main point is that I believe I am being picked on, and it is wrong. Very very wrong.

This is a public forum. And so any member that disobeys the rules deserves disciplinary action. But in the same vein, any member that obeys the rules doesn't deserve to have his threads removed for no reason.

I intend to keep posting on Travel Section. And if I follow the rules, I don't expect continued deletion of my threads. So, kindly tell me why the thread whoseI posted below about an hour ago was removed/hidden.

Thank you.

Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by justwise(m): 11:42am On Oct 31, 2019
igbodefendercom:
Moderator Justwise , kindly tell me why the attatched thread below was hidden/removed. CC: Seun

I have noticed that any thread I post on Travel Section gets removed? The only threads that are not removed are ones that get redirected here from other sections. Why? I take extra care to make sure my threads don't break any rules and are about Travel, but still they get removed.

I once posted about a woman and baby who were burned to death in Onitsha and it was swiftly removed. But to my greatest surprise a similar thread about the same woman and her baby had not only been allowed, but had also been sent to Front Page. I checked the original section and it was Travel Section.

I can go on and on, but let me stop here. The main point is that I believe I am being picked on, and it is wrong. Very very wrong.

This is a public forum. And so any member that disobeys the rules deserves disciplinary action. But in the same vein, any member that obeys the rules doesn't deserve to have his threads removed for no reason.

I intend to keep posting on Travel Section. And if I follow the rules, I don't expect continued deletion of my threads. So, kindly tell me why the thread whoseI posted below about an hour ago was removed/hidden.

Thank you.

Your thread about a woman and baby who were burned to death in Onitsha was removed because you did not add any content to it rather you dropped a link to your website for people to visit.

The second one was similar issue..you wrote few lines then direct readers to your website.

If you want to start a thread in this section make sure that its for discussion here and not direct people to another website.

You can reference the source of your story but you have to add enough content to the story before doing that.
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 31, 2019
justwise:

Your thread about a woman and baby who were burned to death in Onitsha was removed because you did not add any content to it rather you dropped a link to your website for people to visit.

The second one was similar issue..you wrote few lines then direct readers to your website.

If you want to start a thread in this section make sure that its for discussion here and not direct people to another website.

You can reference the source of your story but you have to add enough content to the story before doing that.

That is content curation that is done all over the internet. Nothing wrong with it.

However, let us leave of that one. Why was the thread about getting US visa in which staff of the US embassy were providing resources deleted? That one had hundreds of words. In fact, I copied everything from the source and pasted here.
Cc: Seun
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by justwise(m): 12:43pm On Oct 31, 2019
igbodefendercom:

That is content curation that is done all over the internet. Nothing wrong with it.

However, let us leave of that one. Why was the thread about getting US visa in which staff of the US embassy were providing resources deleted? That one had hundreds of words. In fact, I copied everything from the source and pasted here.
Cc: Seun

I removed it because it started two of the same thread within 24hrs in this section and one the thread is still running but surprisingly you did not see that. You seems to be jumping from one complain to another without checking your own posting behaviour

1 Like

Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 31, 2019
justwise:

I removed it because it started two of the same thread within 24hrs in this section and one the thread is still running but surprisingly you did not see that. You seems to be jumping from one complain to another without checking your own posting behaviour

Sir, I think if I have a hundred complaints, I have the right to air them all. If we have legitimate complaints, we will speak out.

However, we will rest the complaints here and put your replies into consideration going forward, through we still have significant misgivings.

Regards
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by justwise(m): 1:06pm On Oct 31, 2019
igbodefendercom:

Sir, I think if I have a hundred complaints, I have the right to air them all. If we have legitimate complaints, we will speak out.

However, we will rest the complaints here and put your replies into consideration going forward, through we still have significant misgivings.

Regards

One more things...before you start a thread make sure that similar active thread doesn't exist here
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 31, 2019
justwise:

One more things...before you start a thread make sure that similar active thread doesn't exist here

Noted: Will try my best, even though I feel just closing the thread and putting the link of the similar thread to redirect readers could be more profitable and more transparent for all to see.
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by justwise(m): 1:20pm On Oct 31, 2019
igbodefendercom:

Noted: Will try my best, even though I feel just closing the thread and putting the link of the similar thread to redirect readers could be more profitable and more transparent for all to see.

You are obviously new in this section or not observant
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 31, 2019
justwise:
[/b]

I won't engage in any insults. Goodbye.
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by helpee(m): 5:33pm On Dec 17, 2020
justwise:
[/b]

Travel To Cape Verdes Island This Holiday Season.

Check the above thread and reach out to the poster to confirm the authenticity since he is soliciting for fund so that people won't be duped through this forum
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by justwise(m): 8:08pm On Dec 17, 2020
helpee:

Travel To Cape Verdes Island This Holiday Season.

Check the above thread and reach out to the poster to confirm the authenticity since he is soliciting for fund so that people won't be duped through this forum

The thread is closed, there is no way of verifying his authenticity and will not encourage anybody to send money to him for whatever reason.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping / Man Who Was To Wed In December Killed In The Accident In Imo (Graphic Photos) / Police In Croatia Deport Abia Uchenna Alexandro And Eboh Kenneth Chinedu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.