Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,045 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' (12000 Views)

Many Relationships Will End Tonight In Nigeria If U Take Away This PHRASE (pics) / 14 Differences Between The Girl You Date And The Woman You Marry / What Is The Biggest Amount You Have Given A Girl You Dated Or Flirted With? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by Otuocha: 8:13pm On Sep 29, 2011
Some people dont have concience . My guy have been spending for this girl , helped her get admission , always calling her on phone , always around her in time of need and bought her gift items also proposed to the girl, helped her with her little need and the she suddenly asked him '' are u sure u can take care of me '' my question is dat , is there other i can take care of a woman apart from that ?
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by MrsChima1(f): 8:25pm On Sep 29, 2011
I can hear MBJ/Koyoke typing a dissertation.
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 29, 2011
^lol

@op what was your(your guy)'s response to her question? You should have asked her this same question you asked in your post. Don't keep quiet over matters like this and run to nl, ask, seek answers.
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by Mikael4(m): 8:53pm On Sep 29, 2011
[size=14pt]How much?[/size]
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by Nobody: 9:30pm On Sep 29, 2011
lol Nigerians when helped easily forget that you've been a help to them. They are mostly spoilt entitled folk.
Mayhaps she reasoned it was by her own power that the money to take her through all that came somehow.

She wouldn't happen to be ibo would she? grin

Anyway that aside, marrying anyhow girl in naija requires sense. A girl you claim to have done all this for and still be asking that question sounds like she may be into some bigz gals runs.
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by BABE3: 9:39pm On Sep 29, 2011
That babe na one chance.
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by Nobody: 9:44pm On Sep 29, 2011
^^ Meaning?
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by BABE3: 9:47pm On Sep 29, 2011
^^ She's a potential "I left my husband because he went bankrupt" wife.
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 29, 2011
Is it a crime to ask?

As a man, can your friend take care of her and possibly her kids?

Anywaz, in psychology, this is what we call respondent reinforcement through positive reinforcement. Money serves as a  positive reinforcement which reinforces her to stay with you and you're the stimulus control (she only ask in your presence). After years of stimulus conditioning (you give when she ask), the only thing she knows is that with you, she will always be financially secured.

Its your friend's fault. You made her into what she is. So can your friend take care of her or not?
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by Mikael4(m): 11:57pm On Sep 29, 2011
[size=14pt]On a more critical look of this matter from a different perspective, it would be inconceivable for a man to spend on a lady with high unfounded hopes that she'll say yes when he proposes to her! That'll quintessentially be very dumb of such a man! Again, how old is he? Can he truly, and in all conformity say that he is old enough to cater for a lady that he get's married to? Too often, most men confuse, equate and fail to differentiate that expenses made during dating & courting would not be the same when married! When married, it is assumed you have taken on more responsibility, as a man! But if in all ramifications, that the man in this story, is old enough to get married and the lady goaded him on to think she was interested in him, and then waited till the dying minutes to ask this stupefying question, then her case is utterly hopeless! Incontrovertibly discombobulated, to say the least! wink[/size]
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by Nobody: 12:34am On Sep 30, 2011
Chei OP your guy helped the girl to get admission in school,spent money on her,paid her house rent,gave her feeding money and transport money and yet she is still asking the guy if he can take care of her?? lipsrsealed.Na wetin she want frm the bobo? abi na jet or ship tanker she want? grin grin grin.Naija girls get too much wahala i tell you. grin.
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by HighChief4(m): 1:22am On Sep 30, 2011
The story is incomplete, I wouldnt blame anybody that wants financial security. But the guy having shown he is ready to spend when he has, I really dont think the gal should have asked such question. Some gals sef
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by Nobody: 2:18am On Sep 30, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

I can hear MBJ/Koyoke typing a dissertation.

Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by Nobody: 2:27am On Sep 30, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

undecided
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by r231(m): 3:07am On Sep 30, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Is it a crime to ask?

As a man, can your friend take care of her and possibly her kids?

Anywaz, in psychology, this is what we call respondent reinforcement through positive reinforcement. Money serves as a  positive reinforcement which reinforces her to stay with you and you're the stimulus control (she only ask in your presence). After years of stimulus conditioning (you give when she ask), the only thing she knows is that with you, she will always be financially secured.

Its your friend's fault. You made her into what she is. So can your friend take care of her or not?

which one be all dis grammar now haba grin cheesy grin

MRbrownJAY:

Nice cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by iice(f): 3:44am On Sep 30, 2011
I like how naijans always equate caring for someone with the number of calls a day, the gifts given. Anyway, you're getting married, so yes she has to ask. . .mean that's what society tells the woman to do right?.
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by Nobody: 3:49am On Sep 30, 2011
r231:

which one be all dis grammar now haba grin cheesy grin
Nice cheesy grin cheesy grin

Sorry jare. Blame it on the Ekiti genes.

Forgot I was on NL where A=Z grin
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by MrsChima1(f): 5:10am On Sep 30, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

Awww come here suga kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Get in line plenty of the men wants to shoot, stab, dice, slice, flog, and karate chop my arse. I already got several bullets lodged in my computer screen. grin grin grin
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by Nobody: 5:17am On Sep 30, 2011
Yawn >><>><><> Boring
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by itiswell1(m): 6:48am On Sep 30, 2011
If na me, i go ask her if she fit takia of me also.
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by Otuocha: 10:00am On Sep 30, 2011
if a guy can do all this for a girl he wants to marry, what else is left to do to prove that he really cares
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by Eiregirl(f): 10:10am On Sep 30, 2011
@ MRbrownJAY - grin grin grin grin grin grin grin BRILLIANT!!!
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by Cuddlemii: 10:36am On Sep 30, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin How shallow minded & bias some people can be.

Op, just say you want to be part of the bandwagon that want to discredit ladies with their threads. So taking care is only monetary. What about intimacy, TLC, romantic explorations etc. Probably she has her reservations about your friend, maybe he is a good spender and not good bedder or he is a bore in bed or she fears he wont spice up their marriage. Your friend might be too predictable & stereotype. I feel your guy needs to be a better lover.

To me, taking care could be using oil on my back while he kisses my neck so communication is very important, it reduces assumptions. He should have asked her what she meant so that you won't jump to conclusion.
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by Nayah(f): 10:50am On Sep 30, 2011
Hello Poster, it depends on what she want to say in "taking care of" I could ask you to take care of me by making you promise, you'll help me,loving me, cherish me no matter what and protect me!

Now if she thinks about material then you know how to do with her wink
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by ebonyvibe(f): 11:04am On Sep 30, 2011
i dont blame the girl she is simply confirming and ensuring the man is thinking long and hard of his marriage responsiblities and not just assuming everything id going to be okay after marriage.

I have seen many thread of people saying did i marry the wrong guy, my husband is not taking care of me. atleast there is no pretence and they are both away of what they are in for.

a broken relationship is better than a broken marriage i wished i asked that question before i got married
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by talk2hb1(m): 1:09pm On Sep 30, 2011
I will say I don't Know
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by mallorca(m): 1:18pm On Sep 30, 2011
talk2hb1:

I will say I don't Know
good ansa
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by chines4(m): 1:23pm On Sep 30, 2011
ebonyvibe:

i dont blame the girl she is simply confirming and ensuring the man is thinking long and hard of his marriage responsiblities and not just assuming everything id going to be okay after marriage.

I have seen many thread of people saying did i marry the wrong guy, my husband is not taking care of me. atleast there is no pretence and they are both away of what they are in for.

a broken relationship is better than a broken marriage i wished i asked that question before i got married
And if the guy have the resources to "take care of her" and later the resources is not there again, what will happen "broken marriage". And why is it that ladies want meal tickets and not husband, someone to take care of me. still you want equality with men. Why not someone to share my life with. that to me is the true meaning of marriage

1 Like

Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by Mikael4(m): 1:27pm On Sep 30, 2011
Otuocha:

if a guy can do all this for a girl he wants to marry, what else is left to do to prove that he really cares
[size=14pt]How old is he?
Any man can spend on a lady, not every man can be a husband. . .
Some men show a lackadaisical attitude, when it comes to "really" taking care of a woman, especially in marriage!. . .
He has to prove that he is Matured enough to be a Husband, not just a man!. . . .
He has to prove that he's not just going to be a husband, but a father. . .
He has to prove that he's going to help her relegate her weakness, not amplify them. . .
Is he easily prone to anger?
Does he have a forgiving spirit?
e.t.c. . . . .

Still doesnt mean she was right in goading him on, making him think she was gonna marry him!. . .
[/size]
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by Benluda(m): 1:33pm On Sep 30, 2011
i wil say yes but monitor her
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by highland(m): 1:45pm On Sep 30, 2011
I abandon a girl for that single statement. it is a poor mentality.
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by Repubocrat(m): 1:53pm On Sep 30, 2011
~Mikael~:

[size=14pt][font=gabriola]He has to prove that he is Matured enough to be a Husband, not just a man!. . . .
He has to prove that he's not just going to be a husband, but a father. . .
He has to prove that he's going to help her relegate her weakness, not amplify them. . .
Is he easily prone to anger?
Does he have a forgiving spirit?
e.t.c. . . . .
font][/size]
These are all questions one should be able to answer from mere daily observations, without having to ask.

With that said,  "Can you take care of me?" is a stupid question in the sense that one shouldn't have to ask to know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

OH Boy I Don Dyee; Girls Don Suffer For This We Country{pics}wicked Name / Guys Y Do U Always Stare At Ladies In Church? / So Being Näk3d No Longer Means Anythin? Lady Goes Näkëd To Prove Her A$$ Is Real

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.