Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week (47895 Views)

Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo / Fuel Subsidy Removal: Kwara Govt Reduces Workdays To Three For Public Servants / Governor Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦40,000 In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by Nobody: 12:10am On Jun 07, 2023
Obrigardo:

60k? Are you kidding me? You guys should demand for N200k minimum wage! But no! Poverty mentality, cognitive dissonance, and corruption will never let you demand it. While the fools you vote into power keep stashing your money abroad.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by BABAawoo47: 12:12am On Jun 07, 2023
Obrigardo:

60k? Are you kidding me? You guys should demand for N200k minimum wage! But no! Poverty mentality, cognitive dissonance, and corruption will never let you demand it. While the fools you vote into power keep stashing your money abroad.
200k minimum wage grin grin
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by chiedozie198100: 12:19am On Jun 07, 2023
the benefit of the ipob movement.

many states don dey adopt sit-at-home as official policy.

nice one grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by rickleye: 12:28am On Jun 07, 2023
Obrigardo:
As usual, poor nigerians will rush to his praise considering the fact, this is poverty level pay. My God this is not even up to $100 a month! Jesus! A country with all this Oil abundance. cry

But what can your $16 min wage afford in the great America. Where you pay for everything .
Comparing apples to apples the N40,000 will go farther than your $16.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by BigIyanga: 12:33am On Jun 07, 2023
Naija math not mathing up.. lol. You increased pump by 400% .. you increased minimum wage by 30%… no mama Iyabo and Chinedu understand economic wella.. cod dem go increase their prices by 800-1000% in order to make profit.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:03am On Jun 07, 2023
Obrigardo:

u don't bother how feasible it's to pay na to demand... Why not 500k...
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by Desusi: 1:06am On Jun 07, 2023
Obrigardo:
As usual, poor nigerians will rush to his praise considering the fact, this is poverty level pay. My God this is not even up to $100 a month! Jesus! A country with all this Oil abundance. cry
Oliver twist!
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by swiych(m): 1:09am On Jun 07, 2023
Lol, when house help dey receive 120k for here where I dey.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by chatinent: 1:16am On Jun 07, 2023
successmatters:

Chatap!
Half bread is better than pof pof

Half bread and puffpuff na the same bro.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by Donfatraj: 1:29am On Jun 07, 2023
He has been paying 40k since last year, he said he would add more when the fg sends more money to the state as a result of the savings from fuel subsidy, the only news here is the 3 days work days

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by Originalsly: 1:37am On Jun 07, 2023
Do these people think through these policies? What will happen in schools? .. in the hospitals? ... in the Post Offices? ... and government offices? Would there be enough staff to rotate? Bad as things are now to conduct business thjs is a recipe for disaster.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by obaidan: 1:59am On Jun 07, 2023
All these reduced work days. Do these ones understand they not governors of civil servants alone, but governors of business people and the unemployed as well.....
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by zelnababa(m): 2:02am On Jun 07, 2023
Henry22:
What will 40k afford?

86 dollar for a whole month undecided
this is just basic not gross salary
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by FireUpNow(m): 2:10am On Jun 07, 2023
I hope police officer, army officers, naval officers, airforce officers, immigration officers, customers and the whole labour force in the country will not get their working days reduced to 3 days a week too. What kind of government and president is this? Nigerians open your eyes. You all voted for what you are all getting. House rent increments, food prices increments, children's school fees increments, hospital bill increments and cost medications increments are coming.. Enjoy your good governance as everyone is feeling the heat.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by seeyounow2: 2:16am On Jun 07, 2023

Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by iukpe: 2:20am On Jun 07, 2023
So the state is now less productive.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by luminouz(m): 2:42am On Jun 07, 2023
JASONjnr:
This man is my preferred governor..... For putting smiles on workers face.... I've forgiven his sins on behalf of God....

Wow...so 40k made you forgive his past actions!!

Ok oh

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by sulaak(m): 3:14am On Jun 07, 2023
Obrigardo:

Oil is being stolen and polluting the land. Nigeria has an abundance of poverty , illiteracy and criminal
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by chaloskyx: 3:27am On Jun 07, 2023
lol but 40k is still puff puff moni naa
successmatters:

Chatap!
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by Smartguyboy(m): 3:48am On Jun 07, 2023
A bag of rice is 42k above
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by zicoraads: 3:54am On Jun 07, 2023
He should have left out schools. Schools need to be open from Monday to Friday. And how will teachers and students be able to cope teaching online? I am not sure this part is well thought-out. Not possible in today's Nigeria.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by benqo01(m): 4:06am On Jun 07, 2023
successmatters:

Chatap!

He his right politicians don't just take d half bread but the baking factory
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by Larrykaysail(m): 4:13am On Jun 07, 2023
Acekidc4:
Good Move but not enough............ at least 60k should have been better.
How will Teacher and student cope ?
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by Larrykaysail(m): 4:14am On Jun 07, 2023
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by gaskiyamagana: 4:15am On Jun 07, 2023
Hezzyluv:
Rest for three days work for three days. grin

Enough time to put hoes to use.
Hoes is by persuasions before, its now plan B.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by omoadeleye(m): 4:16am On Jun 07, 2023
Obrigardo:

Oil abundance? Are they making enough sales in oil in abroad?
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by MeineMutter: 4:20am On Jun 07, 2023
Just to win another election?

Can you sustain it? What of if fuel prices come down by January 2024?

What of if civil servants are still taking one-day off from the remaining 3 days in a week - the way they do for Fridays?

Don’t forget there would still be public holidays o. Women would still go on maternity leaves o.

Just sha to be the first to implement nonse.nse.

Why not review salary as you have done and leave the workdays as they are?

I doubt if Edo has been measuring its productivity at all.

Even in advanced countries where they are prosperous, they are only EXPERIMENTING with just Fridays to be part of Saturday and Sunday, as weekends. They have not fully ratified it.

I am certain the guy would blame himself later, for taking this type of decision.

In a state where they are already lazy before.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by toprealman: 4:20am On Jun 07, 2023
grin
youngsahito:
What is Lagos State waiting for?
Enter the electric bus and go to work if your car is havinghard starting cool grin

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by Subonbon(m): 4:20am On Jun 07, 2023
youngsahito:
What is Lagos State waiting for?
nnà I just tire....
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by Patriotsleague: 4:22am On Jun 07, 2023
Thrice a week is good.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by Patriotsleague: 4:23am On Jun 07, 2023
MeineMutter:
Just to win another election?

Can you sustain it? What of if fuel prices come down by January 2024?

What of if civil servants are still taking one-day off from the remaining 3 days in a week - the way they do for Fridays?

Don’t forget there would still be public holidays o. Just sha to be the first to implement nonse.nse.

Why not review salary as you have done and leave the workdays as they are?

I doubt if Edo has been measuring its productivity at all.

Even in advanced countries where they are prosperous, they are only EXPERIMENTING with just Fridays to be part of Saturday and Sunday, as weekends. They have not fully ratified it.

I am certain the guy would blame himself later, for taking this type of decision.

In a state where they are already lazy before.
Are you a slave?
Why comparing us to other countries, and what exactly are civil servants doing in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by Newness2019: 4:24am On Jun 07, 2023
nairalandkachy1:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02eJqJRP8iMJt1JnBeFqCH6dPYEZ6RJr6BkgUNubWYyp9Gv7G2rXc3dqvdf2ebRZMCl&id=100044288296690&mibextid=Nif5oz

MAY GOD ALMIGHTY BLESS THIS GOVERNOR AND HIS STATE ABUNDANTLY.

ALL OIL PRODUCING STATES THAT RECEIVE 13% DERIVATION FUND SHOULD AS A MATTER OF URGENCY FOLLOW THIS LAUDABLE EXAMPLE.

ESPECIALLY AKWA IBOM AND RIVERS.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

''How Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested In Lagos'' – DSS / Heavy Protest Rocks National Assembly Over Plot To Impeach Saraki (PHOTOS) / Plot To ‘Bring Back’ Obaseki To APC Thickens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.