Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,418 members, 7,815,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week (47892 Views)

Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo / Fuel Subsidy Removal: Kwara Govt Reduces Workdays To Three For Public Servants / Governor Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦40,000 In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by hohafrank(m): 7:59am On Jun 07, 2023
Nonsense!!! How many of Edo state population are under the state paid employment? What happens to the rest people.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by olasaad(f): 8:04am On Jun 07, 2023
Tijani009:

How is ilorin economically, i wish to relocated there after my service year

Ilorin is fine and is good for business.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by Onewazobia(m): 8:06am On Jun 07, 2023
successmatters:

Chatap!
Half bread is better than pof pof

Common sense not truly common
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by olasaad(f): 8:08am On Jun 07, 2023
ImoleNaija:

Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

Kwara State is not that rich.

Haha be deceiving yourself cheesy abi you are part of the government ni. What is the governor doing with our money? Ordinary clean environment we have been enjoying before, Abdulrahman cannot give us.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by S1mpl3Guy: 8:08am On Jun 07, 2023
As minimum wage goes up, cost of living follows.
If the business owner has to pay his employees #40k minimum each he's going to increase prices to cover the loss.
The same people clamoring in this thread that minimum wage should be #200k will be the first to shout when bread costs #5000 per loaf.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by seaenergy: 8:09am On Jun 07, 2023
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by HenryWilliams(m): 8:10am On Jun 07, 2023
youngsahito:
What is Lagos State waiting for?

Exactly.. Lagos State can pay its staff 100k minimum wage easily with mo trouble..
That the state increased it'd basic salary by 25% early this year won't cut it.
100k minimum for Lv1 would suffice for now..
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by itsene: 8:10am On Jun 07, 2023
This is house of assembly matter.
Citizens have lost their role in participatory democratic government.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by ebenholer2(m): 8:10am On Jun 07, 2023
elyte:
What oil abundance? Be deceiving yourself. Nigeria is not oil rich. 1.6 million barrels per day for 211 million people. That's $0.6 per head per day. Lets stop this illusion abeg. Qatar has over 3 million per day for just 4 million people. That's an oil rich country

The governor has done well.
YOUR ANALYSIS DOES NOT CORRELATE AT ALL...IT IS LIKE YOU DONT KNOW THE MEANING OF BARRELS NOT TO TALK OF LITRES
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by Commandoabdul(m): 8:13am On Jun 07, 2023
Obrigardo:
As usual, poor nigerians will rush to his praise considering the fact, this is poverty level pay. My God this is not even up to $100 a month! Jesus! A country with all this Oil abundance. cry
It is so unfortunate...
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by Tijani009: 8:20am On Jun 07, 2023
olasaad:

Ilorin is fine and is good for business.
How much will getting a store cost?? In a semi busy area
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by currency10(m): 8:21am On Jun 07, 2023
This is good news & good move this Will reduce the stress and makes people to plan very well for there self and family, mostly specially the part time student. And if you are planning to learn more skills this is an great opportunity to do it.

Am still waiting for Lagos State government to see what they will do I believed they will not left out.

God bless Nigeria 🇳🇬 it's going be great again and God ✝️ bless us with our hustle.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by Paramount01(m): 8:22am On Jun 07, 2023
olasaad:
That's great. Meanwhile Kwara State Governor too should not only reduced working days to 3 days, he should also increase the workers salary too.

Are the collecting the same allocation?
Has kwara state government start paying 30000 minimum wage?
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by olasaad(f): 8:28am On Jun 07, 2023
Tijani009:

How much will getting a store cost?? In a semi busy area

Haha I don't know
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by ImoleNaija: 8:32am On Jun 07, 2023
olasaad:

Haha be deceiving yourself cheesy abi you are part of the government ni. What is the governor doing with our money? Ordinary clean environment we have been enjoying before, Abdulrahman cannot give us.

Noooo cheesy

That was their excuse for not paying Corps Members during our time. I don't know if they now do sha.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by BigBen23(m): 8:33am On Jun 07, 2023
He should calm down. FG is coming with 200k and every state must follow suit
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by Meerahbel: 8:35am On Jun 07, 2023
grin
youngsahito:
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by delkuf(m): 8:39am On Jun 07, 2023
UptownVibes:
The two days off,is it applicable to school teachers ,or will their minimum wage be more than 40k in the state?
didn't you read the letter.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by Saao(m): 8:42am On Jun 07, 2023
Obrigardo:
As usual, poor nigerians will rush to his praise considering the fact, this is poverty level pay. My God this is not even up to $100 a month! Jesus! A country with all this Oil abundance. cry
which state are you from? Just want to find out something
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by bigiyaro(m): 8:45am On Jun 07, 2023
omohayek:

You're no different from the rest of the Nigerians you criticise, in that you want to have your cake and eat it too. Where exactly do you expect the money to "repair the refineries" to come from, let alone to also "build more modern and efficient ones", when debt servicing alone is already consuming all of the FG revenues before fuel subsidies even come into the picture?

I'd say 99% of Nigerians are living in a state of delusion at this time - the abolition of fuel subsidies isn't some kind of "choice" that Tinubu is making out of cruelty or greed, it's a reality forced on the FG by the fact that they've run out of people to lend them money to throw away on subsidising fuel for all of West Africa. For current creditors to roll over their loans, getting rid of the subsidies is a requirement, and if it isn't met Nigeria will almost certainly be forced into default, meaning it will be cut off from international bond markets for a decade or more. If that happens, the only option left will be either

(1) going to the IMF cap-in-hand, and agreeing to whatever terms the IMF insists on, or
(2) drastically cutting domestic expenditure to force the books to balance, causing a recession so harsh the worst of the Buhari years will seem like paradise in comparison, or
(3) printing ever more money to try to cover its obligations, leading to new wage demands and yet more printing of paper. This too ends in an almighty crash and a recession that could see the economy shrink 20% or more.

Note that option 1 (going to the IMF) is actually the least terrible, contrary to what paranoid Nigerians might fear, but even that will still entail swallowing a lot more bitter medicine than simply abolishing the fuel subsidies. At the very least, it would mean radical privatisation across the board, abolition of most protectionist measures and tariff barriers, and vast layoffs in the public sector to bring down the FG wage bill. All of these measures are good for growth in the long-term, but they will hurt badly in the first few years as millions of Nigerians currently living off FG oil revenue while pretending to "work" are forced into a private sector where you only earn as much value you truly contribute.

Nigerians need to wake up. This is the best deal you're all going to get in the current financial environment.
you are too dumb to argue with.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by 2023MiningApps: 9:14am On Jun 07, 2023
Nice one Mr Governor
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by seyigiggle: 9:20am On Jun 07, 2023
lagos that increased salaries few month back.
i see this as a Greek gift to Edo state civil servants.
The governor knows they would not be able to pay the new minimum wage hence the reduction in work days
youngsahito:
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by Bluntemperor: 9:25am On Jun 07, 2023
Sabadon:
Edo no be Lagos grin

Nonsense!
You people can't read between lines!
The government has placed a Cavit - 'until revenues increases'- so, even,if NLC-,got Minimum Wage above the Edo govt now,which is likely,so what happens?
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by Acekidc4(m): 9:29am On Jun 07, 2023
SenatePresdo:

It's viable, my uncle who was a former commissioner made me understand that Nigeria can afford to pay 200k now that corruption is still thriving, and that if the system is sound, that Nigeria can pay as much as 300k comfortably.

Only the people that have came close to the corridors of power knows how wealthy this country is.

Nigeria makes over 60 million dollars on daily bases from oil, the number of barrels withstanding.
I don't want to include internal generated revenue.

But the problem is that, state govt over inflate the number of civil servants.
A situation whereby the actual number of CS in a state is 700k, state Govt would assume its 4 million, so that they can loot the others.

Now imagine if the money that is fraudulently used to pay 4 million people, are used to pay only 700k, that's about 6 times the current minimum wage, which is 180k.

Bro corruption is killing Nigeria, don't be deceived.

I Understand you Sir, i pray this TINUBU Administration should do the Needful and make Nigerians happy.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by Acekidc4(m): 9:32am On Jun 07, 2023
Unperturbedpota:

Are you stupid or just rehearsing? Are you this stupid really?

Why are you Crying 😰🥺😩😫😵.........May God heal your Pains.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by Quebec91(m): 9:41am On Jun 07, 2023
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
successmatters:
God bless him, he's not the types that steal power only to steal people's destiny by stealing from the treasury to treat themselves in French hospitals 🏥 grin grin😝
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by JayArmaniGozman: 9:50am On Jun 07, 2023
What is my industry waiting for grin grin grin grin
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by Arabaincubus: 9:51am On Jun 07, 2023
Every state in Nigeria will soon officially adopt the SE-type sit-at-home officially.

Who says some people are not trailblazers? Now the SE govs don't need to worry so much about palliative.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by PrinceGallant: 10:01am On Jun 07, 2023
While I commend the increase in pay, I condemn decrease in work days.

It shows that there is no work in government secretariat, the place is over-staffed. And delusively, they say workers are going to work from home. Which work? How many of them have computers or can operate it. Even while they go to work, what do they do? Government work is overrated.

Can I also rest four days in a week?
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by Benekkk: 10:07am On Jun 07, 2023
Obrigardo:
Oil? Are we still talking about oil? The government has borrowed enough to sell the country and it’s oil a million times over! grin
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by Bobbiee: 10:22am On Jun 07, 2023
Would have been better if it were four times a week. One day is fully remote
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by samuelevans(m): 10:30am On Jun 07, 2023
Obrigardo:

60k? Are you kidding me? You guys should demand for N200k minimum wage! But no! Poverty mentality, cognitive dissonance, and corruption will never let you demand it. While the fools you vote into power keep stashing your money abroad.
if it's Better Orbi, he would have done better right?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Peter Obi Alighting From A Private Jet In Kano (Picture) / Heavy Protest Rocks National Assembly Over Plot To Impeach Saraki (PHOTOS) / Plot To ‘Bring Back’ Obaseki To APC Thickens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.