Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,632 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week (47883 Views)

Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo / Fuel Subsidy Removal: Kwara Govt Reduces Workdays To Three For Public Servants / Governor Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦40,000 In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by maasoap(m): 6:49am On Jun 07, 2023
But reduced working days which governors are now introducing will hurt the economy of their states and equally delay getting some things done in time
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by chidiokay: 6:51am On Jun 07, 2023
blowjohn:

Shatarrp.
4Ok that cannot fill up a car fuel tank.

40k that cannot buy a bag of rice.

Why are you liein, everyone knows we are in a worst situation so why liein ..
40k will fill up most car tanks on the road and 40k will not only buy you a bag of rice you will collect change to cook beta soup.

You can't paint darkness darker

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by Patriotsleague: 6:53am On Jun 07, 2023
MeineMutter:

Civil servants are using the 5 days to fvck dem wives and husbands. They use it to gossip too and discuss politics.

I am not comparing your Godforksaken country and state to developed world. I am just making inference. Olodo ni generation e.

Obaseki, the dullard agbainaki should have consulted widely before doing this.
Life is not that expensive in Edo state. I loved there for 2 years and I know the terrain a little.

Edo peple have families abroad who can help their families cushion the effects of subsidy removal, by sending a little above what they are sending.

I repeat: he should have not reduced the workdays to 3. You will see how her IGR will go down.
It won't go down.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by Topshow2010(m): 6:55am On Jun 07, 2023
A good gestures though I doubt d sincerity of the increase cuz the governor have not even be able to pay d old minimum wage of 30k;so how and when did he wants to pay d audio 40k! angry
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by chidiokay: 6:56am On Jun 07, 2023
chiedozie198100:
the benefit of the ipob movement.

many states don dey adopt sit-at-home as official policy.

nice one grin grin grin grin grin

mumu, is everyone in edo a civil servant, shops,businesses and private workers go about there work everyday how is that related to the madness going on in the East the igbos are trying so hard to cover up & sugar coat.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by Counterfeit: 6:56am On Jun 07, 2023
We have the most clueless politicians in The world resident in Nigeria.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by Kaiser20: 6:58am On Jun 07, 2023
youngsahito:
What is Lagos State waiting for?
No worries, Sanwo Olu naa talk and do....... 100k is that limit for the Lagos lifestyle
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by elyte(m): 7:12am On Jun 07, 2023
What oil abundance? Be deceiving yourself. Nigeria is not oil rich. 1.6 million barrels per day for 211 million people. That's $0.6 per head per day. Lets stop this illusion abeg. Qatar has over 3 million per day for just 4 million people. That's an oil rich country

The governor has done well.
Obrigardo:
As usual, poor nigerians will rush to his praise considering the fact, this is poverty level pay. My God this is not even up to $100 a month! Jesus! A country with all this Oil abundance. cry

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by Nobody: 7:16am On Jun 07, 2023
Acekidc4:
Good Move but not enough............ at least 60k should have been better.

Obaseki, thank you. This is the first time I will commend Obaseki. Most Civil servants have no need to be in the office more than twice a week apart from utility and social services government agencies. At Abuja, since Military era up till this period, whenever I go to Federal Secretariat or National Assembly, I just pity Nigeria. The Covid - 19 holidays exposed so many things. About 80% of civil servants is just to create employment.

I wrote the above because I visited a private company yesterday in Lagos where I spent the whole day, everybody closed at 5 PM remaining the CEO and Financial Controller, when I was leaving, I asked the CEO's driver about a particular good staff, he responded he would deliver my message to him on Friday. He told me, he comes to work Tuesdays & Fridays. He works from home. Each staff comes to office twice a week. Immediately, I remembered, in most Federal and State government Ministry apart from utility and social services government agencies, there is no need coming to work everyday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by iscom(m): 7:17am On Jun 07, 2023
Good one
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by tenpipsperday: 7:17am On Jun 07, 2023
successmatters:

Chatap!
Half bread is better than pof pof

Programmed robot way of thiniking
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by ebenholer2(m): 7:19am On Jun 07, 2023
THEY SHOULD REJECT SUCH NONSENSE CALLED WAGES FROM HIM. ONE OF THE STATES WITH HIGHEST ALLOCATION IN NIGERIA...AND OF WHAT PURPOSE IS THE REDUCTION IN DAYS OF WORK. ANYTHING LESS THAN 80K shoud not be taken frm him
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by chiedozie198100: 7:27am On Jun 07, 2023
chidiokay:

mumu, is everyone in edo a civil servant, shops,businesses and private workers go about there work everyday how is that related to the madness going on in the East the igbos are trying so hard to cover up & sugar coat.

Chai. The thing pain am oo. grin
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by Lolachef(f): 7:32am On Jun 07, 2023
You be Olodo.
Hezzyluv:
Rest for three days work for three days. grin

Enough time to put hoes to use.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by zinaunreal(m): 7:38am On Jun 07, 2023
Still not enough
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by Philipmoon2(m): 7:41am On Jun 07, 2023
Skull miners south west region just increased their own minimum wages too
successmatters:

MC Oluomo hasn't told his boy at Alausa to pay anything.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by Sltp: 7:43am On Jun 07, 2023
I don't know if this guy is a good Governor but he has been very attentive these few months. He was the only governor that went to thr streets and markets to devise ways to alleviate the suffering of his citizens during the currency swap brouhaha and now this

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by Yong4ever: 7:47am On Jun 07, 2023
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by LordEclipse: 7:47am On Jun 07, 2023
Acekidc4:
Good Move but not enough............ at least 60k should have been better.
Ingrate
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by Unperturbedpota: 7:47am On Jun 07, 2023
Acekidc4:

How can you just jump to 200k all of a sudden?? When fuel was 200/220 how much was Minimum wage?? Now that fuel have increase to 450/500, now do the calculation, how much do you think Minimum wage should be??

Are you stupid or just rehearsing? Are you this stupid really?
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by blowjohn(m): 7:47am On Jun 07, 2023
chidiokay:

Why are you liein, everyone knows we are in a worst situation so why liein ..
40k will fill up most car tanks on the road and 40k will not only buy you a bag of rice you will collect change to cook beta soup.

You can't paint darkness darker

To fill up an average Camry u need at least 40k.

To fill up bigger cars nko?

A bag of rice here in abuja is 42 k
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by ruffyjolly(m): 7:48am On Jun 07, 2023
youngsahito:
What is Lagos State waiting for?

Lagos state increased salary since January 2023 before any state. Go check.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by Sammy5413(m): 7:50am On Jun 07, 2023
I hope you pay their salaries though
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by Savechild23: 7:54am On Jun 07, 2023
In the midst of famine, lizard becomes chicken
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by kingyakos: 7:54am On Jun 07, 2023
successmatters:

Chatap!

Why the insult, it's seems NIGERIANS don't like the truth. 10k is less than 20litre of fuel so don't think 10k salary increment will change anything.

From Calabar to Uyo which is less than 2hrs drive has now skyrocket to 4k from the previous 1100.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by Hangulsaram: 7:55am On Jun 07, 2023
successmatters:
God bless him, he's not the types that steal power only to steal people's destiny by stealing from the treasury to treat themselves in French hospitals 🏥 grin grin😝
You honestly wrote this trash and people are liking it, you think this is a good move, reducing the working days in a week, do you know how this will affect the educational system and other important sectors of the economy?
How much is he and other government offices, the state house of assembly earning and what will happen if they cut the cost of governance?
Working from home are they going to provide data and other internet gadgets for the job? If they will not they the workers will have to spend more than the 10k they increased on data and subscriptions for the jobs, so what are you going to call that, Devil’s gift( gifted with right hand and take it back with the left hand)
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by Chetas81(m): 7:55am On Jun 07, 2023
Palliative instead of refinery hhhhmmm shiiiiiooooo
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by Olaolex: 7:56am On Jun 07, 2023
Hezzyluv:
Rest for three days work for three days. grin

Enough time to put hoes to use.
Only the wise will understand this.
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by Thaddeus91: 7:57am On Jun 07, 2023
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by pocom16: 7:57am On Jun 07, 2023
Obrigardo:

60k? Are you kidding me? You guys should demand for N200k minimum wage! But no! Poverty mentality, cognitive dissonance, and corruption will never let you demand it. While the fools you vote into power keep stashing your money abroad.

The problem is not demands..

Have you forgotten that NLC pushed for 100k before reducing to 50k and settling at 30k.. despite the exponential rise in commodities

The only realistic increase you can get from tinubu or any government including peter obi is 50k..

Hope you know that paying minimum wage doesn't start and end with the FG alone..

State like benue and Abia that still owe 30k..how would you expect them to handle 50k
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by Alpharey: 7:58am On Jun 07, 2023
Sit at home promax. 🤣🤣. I know say e dey sweet una🤣🤣🤣
Re: Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week by Yong4ever: 7:58am On Jun 07, 2023
successmatters:

Chatap!
so you want to continue living your life based on half bread? When your leaders have been packing full bread from time immemorial.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! / Picture Of Kadade Sulaiman And Sheik Gumi Surfaces, Raises Eyebrows / Governor Udom Criticised For Greeting A Monarch With One Hand In His Pocket (Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.