Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,787 members, 7,956,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:12 PM

He/she's Not Ready To Leave Everything To Follow You - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He/she's Not Ready To Leave Everything To Follow You (1822 Views)

No Lady Should Get Married If She Is Not Ready For This One Thing... / When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / She's Pregnant For Me Even When I Told Her Am Not Ready (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

He/she's Not Ready To Leave Everything To Follow You by Nayah(f): 10:14am On Sep 30, 2011
Your wife/ husband get a super job back to Africa but you're not prepared or ready to go because of habits or your work? What could be the solution?
Following him/her or getting married in each part of the continent because of your respectives work

wink
Re: He/she's Not Ready To Leave Everything To Follow You by Damsal(f): 10:59am On Sep 30, 2011
Marriage is all about sacrifices and commitment, why would you get married to someone and promise them 'till death do us part' if you are not willing to go across the world with them, regardless of whether you like it or not. And anyway anyone who will picks their job over a partner has already shown where their heart is.
Re: He/she's Not Ready To Leave Everything To Follow You by Mikael4(m): 11:10am On Sep 30, 2011
[size=14pt]It scrupulously baffles me senseless, when people that claim to be married always have these kind of quagmire in understanding, communicating & sacrificing for themselves and each other! They are married for chrissakes! Were they both jobless before they got married? Why o why would they not put their jobs into consideration, before saying I DO? [/b]What ever happened to the [b]"for better or worse" part of their marriage vows? If they were courting or just dating, and this kind of controversial topic came up, i'm sure they'd had gone their separate ways, it would have been more conceivable and understandable, as to why they cannot be! But NO! They saw the problems that could rear it's ugly head, they swore to stick by each other, NO MATTER what the case may be! Refusing to follow your significant other, to other parts of the world just because of your own job, is nothing short of a selfish and hypocritical case of argumentative fallacy! If you are refusing to go, maybe because of your health implications, then it could be a little decipherable! But because of habits or your work? That lacks an argumentative anchorage, and would vociferously be rejected! We are married, babe, stick to your marriage vows, especially when it counts!. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I'm Out! cool [/size]
Re: He/she's Not Ready To Leave Everything To Follow You by ebonyvibe(f): 11:16am On Sep 30, 2011
It is a difficult situation i have seen many many marriages break up because of this it takes real diplomacy to m ake this work.

At first it would be let me go and we will visit each other am doing it for the money for the family and eventually they both grow apart.

do the partner that has just gotten the job really have to take it ? can he not get a better job where the family is currently? with the family adjust well if the go back to nigeria? schools, friend? money isnt everything? is every member of the family keen on the idea? i have lived in western world for almost 20 years now and the max i can stand nigeria is 3 weeks without becoming very irritable.

Personally i wouldnt i dont mind getting a divorce over it ( that is how strongly i feel on the issue) but different strokes for different folks
Re: He/she's Not Ready To Leave Everything To Follow You by Nayah(f): 12:30pm On Sep 30, 2011
Damsal:

Marriage is all about sacrifices and commitment, why would you get married to someone and promise them 'till death do us part' if you are not willing to go across the world with them, regardless of whether you like it or not. And anyway anyone who will picks their job over a partner has already shown where their heart is.
~Mikael~:

[size=14pt]It scrupulously baffles me senseless, when people that claim to be married always have these kind of quagmire in understanding, communicating & sacrificing for themselves and each other! They are married for chrissakes! Were they both jobless before they got married? Why o why would they not put their jobs into consideration, before saying I DO? [/b]What ever happened to the [b]"for better or worse" part of their marriage vows? If they were courting or just dating, and this kind of controversial topic came up, i'm sure they'd had gone their separate ways, it would have been more conceivable and understandable, as to why they cannot be! But NO! They saw the problems that could rear it's ugly head, they swore to stick by each other, NO MATTER what the case may be! Refusing to follow your significant other, to other parts of the world just because of your own job, is nothing short of a selfish and hypocritical case of argumentative fallacy! If you are refusing to go, maybe because of your health implications, then it could be a little decipherable! But because of habits or your work? That lacks an argumentative anchorage, and would vociferously be rejected! We are married, babe, stick to your marriage vows, especially when it counts!. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I'm Out! cool [/size]

Well actually I was talking about during their marriage if there's any opportunity smiley
Re: He/she's Not Ready To Leave Everything To Follow You by Mikael4(m): 12:57pm On Sep 30, 2011
[size=14pt]^^^During their marriage, it's the same thing! Remembering their marriage vows and their commitment to stand by each other, would put them on a more trajectory plane to go! Because, not going is not an approachable option, not even an option sef! Smacks of immaculate discombobulation if you ask me!. . . . . smiley[/size]
Re: He/she's Not Ready To Leave Everything To Follow You by Nayah(f): 1:07pm On Sep 30, 2011
Yeah Mikeal I can get your opinion but everything's not always so obvious and easy my brother
Re: He/she's Not Ready To Leave Everything To Follow You by ebonyvibe(f): 2:38pm On Sep 30, 2011
@ MIKEAL

Would you leave you life wherever you live cos your wife got an high paying job in china or libya? sometime people need to think it is not just about one person.
Re: He/she's Not Ready To Leave Everything To Follow You by Nayah(f): 2:47pm On Sep 30, 2011
^^ Nice one ebony ! wink
Re: He/she's Not Ready To Leave Everything To Follow You by iice(f): 2:47pm On Sep 30, 2011
Not everyone's on the same page.
People like to weigh their options, leaving no room for regret.
It's all about compromise.  And i don't think that the final destination should be reached at once.  People can always ease themselves into it.  But then again, people are usually more concerned with words and a specific thing than the entirety of a situation.  
Re: He/she's Not Ready To Leave Everything To Follow You by Mikael4(m): 2:52pm On Sep 30, 2011
ebonyvibe:

@ MIKEAL

Would you leave you life wherever you live cos your wife got an high paying job in china or libya?  sometime people need to think it is not just about one person.
[size=14pt]That's what i meant by understanding! If we have confabulated, and I have come to an understanding that my going is imperative to a continued success in our marriage, then why not? Is it better then for her to go, and I invariably start a long distance relationship with my own wife? What then, is the full meaning of the word sacrifice, compromise? Not saying it's applicable to all and sundry, but that's exactly what I will do! [/size]wink
Re: He/she's Not Ready To Leave Everything To Follow You by MrsChima1(f): 2:52pm On Sep 30, 2011
Good question, Nayah.  You are right everything isn't cookie cutter nor straight shooter.  I know for a fact most men would expect their wives to follow them if opportunities awaits them.  

Ebonyvibe, you are right its not always about one person in the marriage.  All factors should be taken in consideration before any actions are done and all money isn't good money either.
Re: He/she's Not Ready To Leave Everything To Follow You by Nayah(f): 2:59pm On Sep 30, 2011
^^Hey Mrs Chima how are you?? yeah life is not just black or White smiley
Re: He/she's Not Ready To Leave Everything To Follow You by Mikael4(m): 3:13pm On Sep 30, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Good question, Nayah.  You are right everything isn't cookie cutter nor straight shooter.  I know for a fact most men would expect their wives to follow them if opportunities awaits them.  

Ebonyvibe, you are right its not always about one person in the marriage.  All factors should be taken in consideration before any actions are done and all money isn't good money either.  
[size=14pt]. . . . . . .And most women would expect their husbands to follow them if opportunities awaits them too! wink It's all about willingness to sacrifice/compromise on the part of the affected spouse![/size] cool
Re: He/she's Not Ready To Leave Everything To Follow You by ebonyvibe(f): 3:16pm On Sep 30, 2011
@mikeal

WRONG most women would not consider the opportunity at all even when offered unless they are the only earner in the family and even when that is the case 90% of the time the man will still decide.

women would not go without the man but 75% of men would regardless
Re: He/she's Not Ready To Leave Everything To Follow You by tellwisdom: 3:18pm On Sep 30, 2011
Nayah, can you scrub my oyan yan for me? undecided undecided wink
Re: He/she's Not Ready To Leave Everything To Follow You by MrsChima1(f): 3:19pm On Sep 30, 2011
~Mikael~:

[size=14pt]. . . . . . .And most women would expect their husbands to follow them if opportunities awaits them too! wink It's all about willingness to sacrifice/compromise on the part of the affected spouse![/size] cool

Words are important.  Most doesn't mean all.  Regardless if women expect their husbands to follow them doesn't change the fact that most women followed their husbands.
Re: He/she's Not Ready To Leave Everything To Follow You by MrsChima1(f): 3:20pm On Sep 30, 2011
Nayah:

^^Hey Mrs Chima how are you?? yeah life is not just black or White smiley

I am good. How are you?
Re: He/she's Not Ready To Leave Everything To Follow You by Nayah(f): 3:24pm On Sep 30, 2011
~Mikael~:

Mikael a lot of women will have this reserve asking their husband to follow them while for many brothers it's quite "obvious" and complusory to do so, we should talk and balance between good and bad, it's all about communication

Mrs, Chima:

I am good. How are you?

Fine my sister! smiley
Re: He/she's Not Ready To Leave Everything To Follow You by Mikael4(m): 3:30pm On Sep 30, 2011
Mikael a lot of women will have this reserve asking their husband to follow them while for many brothers it's quite "obvious" and complusory to do so, we should talk and balance between good and bad, it's all about communication
[size=14pt]This was what i was waiting for either you, Chima, or ebony to say! No 2 Situations are the same! And the way i'll handle mine would definitely differ from yours or whosoever! Communication, understanding, and willingness to compromise, cannot be over emphasized! cool[/size]
Re: He/she's Not Ready To Leave Everything To Follow You by Nayah(f): 3:32pm On Sep 30, 2011
~Mikael~:

[size=14pt]This was what i was waiting for either you, Chima, or ebony to say! No 2 Situations are the same! And the way i'll handle mine would definitely differ from yours or whosoever! Communication, understanding, and willingness to compromise, cannot be over emphasized! cool[/size]

Yes brother understanding and communication but NOT in one way
Re: He/she's Not Ready To Leave Everything To Follow You by MrsChima1(f): 3:37pm On Sep 30, 2011
You are missing the point Mikael and that's expected.

Nayah, Ebonyvibe, and I understand all about communication and so forth but we are stressing two things:

Communication and compromise on BOTH SIDES not just one person. If you are communicating your feelings and[b] NOT WILLING[/b] to make a compromise that will suit both parties then divorce will definitely follow.

Opportunities and life curves happen to both women and men but women are more likely to follow their husbands and I am not saying some husbands doesn't follow their wife. I know some husbands that followed their wives but that is small in comparison to women following their husbands.
Re: He/she's Not Ready To Leave Everything To Follow You by horny4u(f): 3:40pm On Sep 30, 2011
As crazy and old fashioned as this seems in my book a woman should relocate for her husband  ( not boyfriend)
Not easy or funny and i didnot say MUST but SHOULD
A man's responsiblity (does not matter how much a wifey earns a man provides) as a provider may take him to different locations while attempting to get the best for his family and those who depend on him.
Having said this, not all men are deserving of this and in my books if you are working extra hours i better be getting more flowers, jewellery and luxuries.
Supporting a man to be the best he can be is not easy but there is a reason why its the woman who leaves her father's house.
If a woman is jobless people will say she is a spoilt and lazy woman , she is bored but her ego is intact
when a man is jobless people will say he is useless and impotent,his ego is destroyed.
so we carry different responsibilities.

If a woman can get another job where he intends to relocate to . why not? He needs her now to support him !
Re: He/she's Not Ready To Leave Everything To Follow You by Mikael4(m): 3:41pm On Sep 30, 2011
Nayah:

Yes brother understanding and communication but NOT in one way
[size=14pt]Precisely! Your thread was about him/her, wife/husband! I was in no way referring to one way! We are not talking of the lady being reserved about asking the man, right? I just read your earlier comment again!. . . [/size]
Re: He/she's Not Ready To Leave Everything To Follow You by Mikael4(m): 3:47pm On Sep 30, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Opportunities and life curves happen to both women and men [/b]but women are more likely to follow their husbands and I am not saying some husbands doesn't follow their wife. I know some husbands that followed their wives but that is [b]small in comparison to women following their husbands.
[size=14pt]Maybe that comparison is rationalized to the fact that there are more men in the work force than women? Dont get me twisted still, Nayah's scenario is one of which both of them are working, and one needs to go to America, from Nigeria! no matter who it is, male or female, compromise must be reached on the part of the affected! i dont believe this is about men forcing women because they make the decisions in the household! No! . . . . [/size]
Re: He/she's Not Ready To Leave Everything To Follow You by ebonyvibe(f): 3:56pm On Sep 30, 2011
@ horny4U

i am really tempted to believe  you are not a woman. If the woman is willing to go and she likes the opportunity goOD on her but a man must not expect his wife to follow him to a job location if she feels strongly and doesnt want to go.

Afterall they are currently survivng without the extra income and the poster doesnt say the man is currently jobless. Pesonally if it is to Nigeria I will not go. I am here to support my husband not to lose my identity. if i were to find a job opportunity and it isnt suitable for all members of my family children included i wont GO.

It is a big ask and a woman must be expected to relocate just because she is the wife (sis that is backward thinking)
Re: He/she's Not Ready To Leave Everything To Follow You by MrsChima1(f): 4:04pm On Sep 30, 2011
~Mikael~:

[size=14pt]! i dont believe this is about men forcing women because they make the decisions in the household! No! . . . . [/size]

You don't have to believe it.
Re: He/she's Not Ready To Leave Everything To Follow You by Mikael4(m): 4:11pm On Sep 30, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

You don't have to believe it.
[size=14pt]. . . . .Cos it's not necessitated by facts. . . .[/size]
Re: He/she's Not Ready To Leave Everything To Follow You by Nayah(f): 4:14pm On Sep 30, 2011
lol Mikael I wouldn't ask you if you'll following me somewhere lol grin grin grin
Re: He/she's Not Ready To Leave Everything To Follow You by Mikael4(m): 4:20pm On Sep 30, 2011
[size=14pt]^^^ I dont get! Are you saying you wont ask because you already know my answer or because it's a waste of your time,or i'll say No? Or. . .[/size]
Re: He/she's Not Ready To Leave Everything To Follow You by MrsChima1(f): 4:44pm On Sep 30, 2011
~Mikael~:

[size=14pt]. . . . .Cos it's not necessitated by facts. . . .[/size]

Oh my goodness, you actually believe men are following their wives around the world.  lipsrsealed
Re: He/she's Not Ready To Leave Everything To Follow You by Nayah(f): 4:44pm On Sep 30, 2011
You'll say NO mikael lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Save / #just thinking...ur Opinions Please / Letter To My Future Wife!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.