Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,137 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Damilola Adeparusi Turns Off Gas To Pick Beans (Video, Photos) - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Damilola Adeparusi Turns Off Gas To Pick Beans (Video, Photos) (67347 Views)

Cook-a-thon: Man Offers Chef Damilola Two Weeks Cook Tour In US / Chef Damilola Adeparusi begins 120 hours cook-a-thon to break Guinness records / Oyinbo Baby Relishes Eba & Okro Soup (Video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Damilola Adeparusi Turns Off Gas To Pick Beans (Video, Photos) by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 3:05am On Jun 11, 2023
goodheart01:

You’re saying this because you’re a fellow Yoruba, thereby making senseless comments.

No one said the Ekiti girl can’t compete. No one said she’s not allowed to break Hilda’s record. Afterall records are meant to be broken. If she had done this at the right time, we will all support her. But right now the timing is wrong. We are yet to know the decision of the Guinness World Recorders concerning Hilda, and the euphoria of her attempt hasn’t settled. All she needed was a little patience to break Hilda’s record

When is the right time?

If someone else did from another country, will you castigate such person like you castigating your own?

Now you brought tribalism into it, which I am very good at. Hello! Records are made to be broken! No hate!

Ask Nokia and Blackberry.
Re: Damilola Adeparusi Turns Off Gas To Pick Beans (Video, Photos) by goodheart01: 3:10am On Jun 11, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:

When is the right time?

If someone else did from another country, will you castigate such person like you castigating your own?

Now you brought tribalism into it, which I am very good at. Hello! Records are made to be broken! No hate!

Ask Nokia and Blackberry.

I think u have a comprehension problem. If you had read my comment properly, you would have seen where I said “Records are meant to be broken” Rather you rushed to reply me

Now let me educate you. The right time is when we are sure that the GWR organizers are not giving Hilda the award or they’re giving her. I’m not castigating the lady. And yes I will castigate someone else from another country doing the same thing she’s doing

Even the former record holder for this competition was given time to be properly investigated and awarded.

Learn to think rationally before delving into any topic

1 Like

Re: Damilola Adeparusi Turns Off Gas To Pick Beans (Video, Photos) by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 3:13am On Jun 11, 2023
goodheart01:

I think u have a comprehension problem. If you had read my comment properly, you would have seen where I said “Records are meant to be broken” Rather you rushed to reply me

Now let me educate you. The right time is when we are sure that the GWR organizers are not giving Hilda the award or they’re giving her. I’m not castigating the lady. And yes I will castigate someone else from another country doing the same thing she’s doing

Even the former record holder for this competition was given time to be properly investigated and awarded.

Learn to think rationally before delving into any topic

I know where you coming from! I am conversant with the tactics.

If I go by your present statement, you shouldn’t have made the first, cos their is nothing left to discuss about.
Re: Damilola Adeparusi Turns Off Gas To Pick Beans (Video, Photos) by naijamerican: 3:30am On Jun 11, 2023
HayB100:
Like seriously, we need to do better in Nigeria, I still remember very well when Hilda was to do her marathon cooking of a thing, every almost 80percent of Nigerians supported her, not minding the tribe, region or religion, now, all because the girl is a yoruba, some idiots are speaking against her effort, must breaking of records come from one region? Cos I don't seem to undertake, we really need to do better, the division we have in Nigeria today is really setting us back, haba!

It’s not because she is yuroba you mumu, it’s her clear attempt to steal Hilda’s spotlight with some poorly planned foolish attempt.

Then you have yuroba bigots now hyping her for tribalist sentiment. No matter how you try, you will not turn the endemic tribalism you yurobas have onto others. Your deceptive ways are clear to anyone with a brain. Tufiakwa

2 Likes

Re: Damilola Adeparusi Turns Off Gas To Pick Beans (Video, Photos) by Padipadi(m): 4:20am On Jun 11, 2023
simfrost90210:

She tried sha...
Her 20 hours is already wasted and has to start afresh.. She should have done her background checks properly, getting adequately prepared in all aspects before venturing into this quest and moreover, she disrespected the efforts of Hilda, knowing fully well she's not been certified and approved yet.. That's not record-breaking attempt.. That's simply hatred.. For Warri, we dey call am, "bad belle" 🤣🤣🤣
You are right. As some people v said, she was badly managed

2 Likes

Re: Damilola Adeparusi Turns Off Gas To Pick Beans (Video, Photos) by Padipadi(m): 4:21am On Jun 11, 2023
aktolly54:
she has a right to compete ba? When she is done competing , another will break her own record and cook for 121 hours. So she can feel it too
you are right.

1 Like

Re: Damilola Adeparusi Turns Off Gas To Pick Beans (Video, Photos) by Glead(m): 4:40am On Jun 11, 2023
Bunch of idiots
Olosho society of Nigeria.
Society fraudulent fools.
You love to promote nudity and indecency
Re: Damilola Adeparusi Turns Off Gas To Pick Beans (Video, Photos) by zedegit: 5:06am On Jun 11, 2023
aktolly54:
she has a right to compete ba? When she is done competing , another will break her own record and cook for 121 hours. So she can feel it too

Seriously it brings mockery to us in the outside world. It makes it obvious there is no unity and love but jealousy and hate.

Children of hate and perdition is justified by this action.
Re: Damilola Adeparusi Turns Off Gas To Pick Beans (Video, Photos) by iamrealdeji(m): 5:52am On Jun 11, 2023
Good,o shee fun won. They think they're the only one that can pursue Grammy with their olosho cook. Go on soun Omo Yoruba atata
Re: Damilola Adeparusi Turns Off Gas To Pick Beans (Video, Photos) by Timeks(m): 7:04am On Jun 11, 2023
Picking beans is part of cooking. So it counts, but the only question is if Guinness World Record has given her the go ahead to start.
Re: Damilola Adeparusi Turns Off Gas To Pick Beans (Video, Photos) by aktolly54(m): 7:17am On Jun 11, 2023
zedegit:

Seriously it brings mockery to us in the outside world. It makes it obvious there is no unity and love but jealousy and hate.

Children of hate and perdition is justified by this action.
at least wait for a year before you challenge the current new holder but jealousy won't allow her wait 3months before they do it too
Re: Damilola Adeparusi Turns Off Gas To Pick Beans (Video, Photos) by maasoap(m): 7:34am On Jun 11, 2023
Pimine:

You don't have to attack my character. It's a free world. Records are meant to be broken. If Salah sets a record of the most goals scored in a single match, will you ask Haaland to wait 2 games before breaking it? Why the double standard?

Create a record today, it gets broken tomorrow. No harm, no foul.

Let's stop being unnecessarily emotional and stuck up on things that don't matter.

She has no good character to attack to begin with, your character is like that of her for defending her.
Secondly, this is not an emotional thing for me, it is just wrong morally.
Re: Damilola Adeparusi Turns Off Gas To Pick Beans (Video, Photos) by MrAmbrose(m): 7:43am On Jun 11, 2023
She is trying to save her gas. grin
Re: Damilola Adeparusi Turns Off Gas To Pick Beans (Video, Photos) by Caseless: 8:09am On Jun 11, 2023
mariahAngel:
I'd really like to believe she's not an opportunist, who "just decided" to ride on the shine of another.

If she were in Hilda's shoes, would she be happy if someone else did the same to her, even before being certified? If she wouldn't, then she and her entire crew ought to be ashamed of themselves.

In whatever we want to do, we should always put ourselves in the situation first, to know within our conscience whether what we're about to do is right or wrong.
Putting yourself in people's shoes is the only silent judge that would guide you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Damilola Adeparusi Turns Off Gas To Pick Beans (Video, Photos) by agabaI23(m): 9:10am On Jun 11, 2023
Helpfromabove1:
This one no get Hilda baci kind of yash

And she never enter the olosho business

No sponsor and hipping like Hilda baci , dammie go do breast and button surgery first

That’s Hilda secret
It took Hilda 5 years to prepare. She spent those 5 years looking for sponsors. Nyash and breast no dey bring sponsors otherwise she for no spend 5 years to dey look for sponsors.

1 Like

Re: Damilola Adeparusi Turns Off Gas To Pick Beans (Video, Photos) by HayB100(m): 9:51am On Jun 11, 2023
naijamerican:

It’s not because she is yuroba you mumu, it’s her clear attempt to steal Hilda’s spotlight with some poorly planned foolish attempt.

Then you have yuroba bigots now hyping her for tribalist sentiment. No matter how you try, you will not turn the endemic tribalism you yurobas have onto others. Your deceptive ways are clear to anyone with a brain. Tufiakwa
If you call me mumu, no wahala, but your papa mumu get grade pass mily own. And again, for your life, if you no want make them bury you within the next few days,don't ever quote me, I am not the cause of your problem. You this flat headed pig, you people are just too tribalistic and USELESS. Omo ofo🤣🤣🤣🤣😜😜

1 Like

Re: Damilola Adeparusi Turns Off Gas To Pick Beans (Video, Photos) by Pimine: 11:42am On Jun 11, 2023
maasoap:

She has no good character to attack to begin with, your character is like that of her for defending her.
Secondly, this is not an emotional thing for me, it is just wrong morally.
Then why the tears?
It's a free world oga. Deal with it.

1 Like

Re: Damilola Adeparusi Turns Off Gas To Pick Beans (Video, Photos) by manikspears: 12:41pm On Jun 11, 2023
naijamerican:

People like you are the reason linda was not recognised by Guinness book of record. You always throw negativity to everything. You went as far as to shade the current record holder back then or don't you know there rules you pea brain. So far this girl may be given the recognition because she satisfy the rules. Unlike the rubbish some people were typing that the guiness book of record company needs to be informed or present that is nonsense. This girl will beat the record and get recognised.
Re: Damilola Adeparusi Turns Off Gas To Pick Beans (Video, Photos) by maasoap(m): 1:29pm On Jun 11, 2023
Pimine:

Then why the tears?
It's a free world oga. Deal with it.
Tears in your eyes, right?
Re: Damilola Adeparusi Turns Off Gas To Pick Beans (Video, Photos) by Classickj(m): 1:44pm On Jun 11, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:

What situation are you talking about? It’s an healthy competition!

Didn’t Hilda slash another lady’s record? So why shouldn’t someone else slash her record?

Your emotions are playing out here!
John snow
After how many years
Re: Damilola Adeparusi Turns Off Gas To Pick Beans (Video, Photos) by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 2:11pm On Jun 11, 2023
Classickj:

John snow
After how many years

Does the GBR have such requirement?

So who are you to be counting the years?
Re: Damilola Adeparusi Turns Off Gas To Pick Beans (Video, Photos) by Classickj(m): 2:36pm On Jun 11, 2023
moscobabs:
Picking beans is part of cooking
cooking in ur house not for WGR cheesy
Re: Damilola Adeparusi Turns Off Gas To Pick Beans (Video, Photos) by Classickj(m): 2:38pm On Jun 11, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:

Don’t mind them! Those criticizing her, have never been to kitchen.

She shouldn't have off the gas... That alone can disqualify her
Re: Damilola Adeparusi Turns Off Gas To Pick Beans (Video, Photos) by Classickj(m): 2:41pm On Jun 11, 2023
Persephone1:
Is she allowed to do that? grin

She tried sha, 20 hours. I can't last an hour embarassed lipsrsealed
No. Cooking for 120 hours nonstop
Re: Damilola Adeparusi Turns Off Gas To Pick Beans (Video, Photos) by Classickj(m): 2:43pm On Jun 11, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:

Don’t mind them, they think it’s a sport.

Then you know nothing about the cooking
You are not cooking at home
You are cooking for WGR
Re: Damilola Adeparusi Turns Off Gas To Pick Beans (Video, Photos) by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 2:46pm On Jun 11, 2023
Classickj:

She shouldn't have off the gas... That alone can disqualify her

She should keep the gas running while doing other things?

It’s easy to keep the gas running, the young lad was only conserving energy which she should be applauded for! Same time, she was adhering to safety standards- turn off equipment when not in use.
Re: Damilola Adeparusi Turns Off Gas To Pick Beans (Video, Photos) by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 2:48pm On Jun 11, 2023
Classickj:

Then you know nothing about the cooking
You are not cooking at home
You are cooking for WGR

So she should just keep the gas running for no cause, when other things need to be done.

Does that even make actual sense? To keep the gas running for over 100 hours.
Re: Damilola Adeparusi Turns Off Gas To Pick Beans (Video, Photos) by Dicado: 4:22pm On Jun 11, 2023
Naijalarry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaVILDiaykQ

Nigerians in shock, as the the Ekiti-based chef, who is trying to break Chef Hilda Baci's unofficial Guinness World Record, for longest cooking by an individual, turned off her gas to pick beans.

Chef Dammy who cooked for over 20 hours, turned off her cooking gas to pick beans before going offline last night.

In the viral video shared on Saturday morning, social media users slammed the chef for turning her gas off to pick out beans that she wants to cook.

A tweep, Dami Dami, wrote in Pidgin English, “You wan break cooking record you dey off gas for 1hr to pick beans. Who no wise na hin fasting dey stress true true.”

Another tweep, Mr. Dapsyn, wrote, “Una no see another record break again than cooking ni? Anyways, Aunty Dami I hear say you off gas to cook pick beans.”

“Why did you buy all the beans Adefemi questioned.

DAMI, however, wrote, “I heard Bacii never get certified yet If God wanna shame you people make Guinness acknowledge and certified this one before her coz I don’t know why people trying to downplay those guys efforts, picking beans ain’t part of the cooking process?”

Source- https://twitter.com/MobilePunch/status/1667483390138806275
Nobody cares about the official record, girls wan get exposure sharp sharp.
Re: Damilola Adeparusi Turns Off Gas To Pick Beans (Video, Photos) by quickly: 6:12pm On Jun 11, 2023
Benwallt:
She has failed already. 🔥 Suppose to dey burn throughout the period

It will shock you that the record ppl will award her before Hilda.
Re: Damilola Adeparusi Turns Off Gas To Pick Beans (Video, Photos) by Benwallt(m): 7:10pm On Jun 11, 2023
quickly:

It will shock you that the record ppl will award her before Hilda.

I thought she is not suppose to off the fire throughout the period. I am in support o
Re: Damilola Adeparusi Turns Off Gas To Pick Beans (Video, Photos) by Shebbs: 7:43pm On Jun 11, 2023
Instead Of Copying Hilda You For Kukuma Invent Your Own Style Like Pick-A-Bean For 365 Days.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See The Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 50 Naira In Zaria / "My Husband Didn't Put His Sperm In My Food" - Delta Madam Banga Rice (Photos) / A Big Type Of Fish Seen At A Fish Market (Pictures, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.