Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

“Naira Floating Is Anti-north”. A Northerner Claims. (picture) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “Naira Floating Is Anti-north”. A Northerner Claims. (picture) (5930 Views)

Naira Floating by Tinubu was Ill-advised-Atiku / Density Map: Exposing The Ignorance And The Bigotry Of The Anti-North Gang / Nairaland Is Anti North Forum. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

“Naira Floating Is Anti-north”. A Northerner Claims. (picture) by Penguin2: 12:07pm On Jun 15, 2023
This northern girl on Twitter has just criticized the floating of the Naira as an anti-northern agenda or policy.

But would you blame her?

The disparity in exchange rate has been to the advantage of northern Bureau De Change (BDC) operators who source their dollars from the CBN, sometimes below official rate, and sell to the public at black market rate.

These guys dominated that section of financial business for decades and constituted themselves as cabals against every efforts that had hitherto been made to unify exchange rate in country.

For them, Nigerian economy can cripple, due to low Foreign Direct Investment occasioned by the multiple exchange rate regime, as long as they are feeding fat.

I don’t like Tinubu’s face, but his calls so far has been commendable. The leeches on Nigerian economy need to start being poured some insecticide so that Nigeria can survive.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Naira Floating Is Anti-north”. A Northerner Claims. (picture) by Blackdeewhy(m): 12:10pm On Jun 15, 2023
This one is not feeling too well.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Naira Floating Is Anti-north”. A Northerner Claims. (picture) by MXrep: 12:14pm On Jun 15, 2023
While praising Tinubu for any little thing some shallow brain will start mocking Igbos. Most of these policies have been advocated by Igbos long ago. It's the North that has been resisting these things. Tinubu scammed the North with religion, after claiming to continue from where Buhari stopped he has reversed everything. We Igbos are enjoying these policies but that will not stop Tinubu from being kicked out by the courts

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “Naira Floating Is Anti-north”. A Northerner Claims. (picture) by ahiboilandgas: 12:14pm On Jun 15, 2023
Penguin2:
This northern girl on Twitter has just criticized the floating of the Naira as an anti-northern agenda or policy.

But would you blame her?

The disparity in exchange rate has been to the advantage of northern Bureau De Change (BDC) operators who source their dollars from the CBN, sometimes below official rate, and sell to the public at black market rate.

These guys dominated that section of financial business for decades and constituted themselves as cabals against every efforts that had hitherto been made to unify exchange rate in country.

For them, Nigerian economy can cripple, due to low Foreign Direct Investment occasioned by the multiple exchange rate regime, as long as they are feeding fat.

I don’t like Tinubu’s face, but his calls so far has been commendable. The leeches on Nigerian economy need to start being poured some insecticide so that Nigeria can survive.
nonsense anti which North that we are in our farms .

3 Likes

Re: “Naira Floating Is Anti-north”. A Northerner Claims. (picture) by Kenneth4u205(m): 12:16pm On Jun 15, 2023
I will only praise our agbado president when I'm able to buy unlimited dollar's with my credit card . Until then,all his policies so far is useless

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Naira Floating Is Anti-north”. A Northerner Claims. (picture) by TsbAfrica: 12:17pm On Jun 15, 2023
Sorry find a way .... That road is closed
Re: “Naira Floating Is Anti-north”. A Northerner Claims. (picture) by lhordspy: 12:29pm On Jun 15, 2023
That girl is an obidient. I know that twiiter handle very well. She is known on twitter for pushing fake north narratives. Always claiming North this not North that.

I wont be surprised if she is from the east masquerading as northerner

Infact... She is igbo not anywhere near the north. i am 100% sure

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: “Naira Floating Is Anti-north”. A Northerner Claims. (picture) by adebayo987: 12:31pm On Jun 15, 2023
The Northern cabals era is gone. The only person who would have made it remain so was Atiku Abubakar and the only people who can remove it are Peter Obi and Tinubu

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Naira Floating Is Anti-north”. A Northerner Claims. (picture) by adebayo987: 12:33pm On Jun 15, 2023
lhordspy:
That girl is an obidient. I know that twiiter handle very well. She is known on twitter for pushing fake north narratives. Always claiming North this not North that.

you're wrong, don't attach every negativity to Peter Obi. He's a good man and can do well as Tinubu.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “Naira Floating Is Anti-north”. A Northerner Claims. (picture) by demmie1: 12:34pm On Jun 15, 2023
MXrep:
While praising Tinubu for any little thing some shallow brain will start mocking Igbos. Most of these policies have been advocated by Igbos long ago. It's the North that has been resisting these things. Tinubu scammed the North with religion, after claiming to continue from where Buhari stopped he has reversed everything. We Igbos are enjoying these policies but that will not stop Tinubu from being kicked out by the courts
The same igbos that stand against regional government abi?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Naira Floating Is Anti-north”. A Northerner Claims. (picture) by demmie1: 12:35pm On Jun 15, 2023
adebayo987:
The Northern cabals era is gone. The only person who would have made it remain so was Atiku Abubakar and the only people who can remove it are Peter Obi and Tinubu
Obi don't have the balls, he will go there to do yes daddy for the cabals

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “Naira Floating Is Anti-north”. A Northerner Claims. (picture) by Parachoko: 12:35pm On Jun 15, 2023
Penguin2:

But would you blame her?

You Igbos see Hausa and Fulanis as god

You quickly com post what an unknown small girl from the north post on Twitter

So what do you even want us to do now sef?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Naira Floating Is Anti-north”. A Northerner Claims. (picture) by MXrep: 12:36pm On Jun 15, 2023
adebayo987:
Thank you. Both obi and Tinubu had similar mindset but their approach differ. While obi is blunt Tinubu was playing along with northerners. But Obi's methods proved more effective if not for Tinubu's last minute mago mago.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Naira Floating Is Anti-north”. A Northerner Claims. (picture) by WorldRichest: 12:39pm On Jun 15, 2023
Their Mama dey MAD.

BAT is HERE

A New Sherif is in Town

3 Likes

Re: “Naira Floating Is Anti-north”. A Northerner Claims. (picture) by MXrep: 12:39pm On Jun 15, 2023
demmie1:

Free market economy has nothing to do with regional government. Your mischievous attempt to scheme everybody out of Lagos is dead on arrival

5 Likes

Re: “Naira Floating Is Anti-north”. A Northerner Claims. (picture) by MXrep: 12:40pm On Jun 15, 2023
Parachoko:

Fear don de catch you oo.

1 Like

Re: “Naira Floating Is Anti-north”. A Northerner Claims. (picture) by SpatialKing(m): 12:40pm On Jun 15, 2023
If
Tinubu construct a bigger or biggest Seaport in Akwa Ibom and an LNG plant in Oguta..

I might stop supporting Peter Obi
Re: “Naira Floating Is Anti-north”. A Northerner Claims. (picture) by WorldRichest: 12:42pm On Jun 15, 2023
demmie1:

Not just stand against it. Igbos lead by their son Aguyi Ironsi abolished the regional government through the infamous degree 34 of 1966. Well, he paid with his life.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “Naira Floating Is Anti-north”. A Northerner Claims. (picture) by lhordspy: 12:42pm On Jun 15, 2023
Parachoko:

She is not a northerner. She is igbo.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Naira Floating Is Anti-north”. A Northerner Claims. (picture) by obembet(f): 12:45pm On Jun 15, 2023
lhordspy:

They are not interested in Better Nigeria. They only want Thier brother to gain power

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “Naira Floating Is Anti-north”. A Northerner Claims. (picture) by Parachoko: 12:47pm On Jun 15, 2023
MXrep:

Fear don de catch you oo.
How your comment take correlate with mine

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Naira Floating Is Anti-north”. A Northerner Claims. (picture) by Penguin2: 12:49pm On Jun 15, 2023
lhordspy:

She is Obidient but she’s a northerner.

And it’s not everything you should attack. Cuz I see no reason you wanna attack this post.

That girl just said the truth of how all those northern BDCs feel. Because with dollars now easily accessible from banks, do you think they will retain the kind of patronage they were used to having?

Why go to risk your life inside Hausa quarters when your bank can give you at same rate?

The only people that would still be their customer right now are criminals and yahoo boys who don’t want their financial dealings tracked.

Aside them, this policy will cripple BDCs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Naira Floating Is Anti-north”. A Northerner Claims. (picture) by Parachoko: 12:49pm On Jun 15, 2023
lhordspy:

She is not a northerner. She is igbo.
Wow!

So she's just a coward like Penguin2 who can't go head to head with the Yorubas, so they have to hide behind their god(Hausa/Fulanis) to fight the Yorubas shocked

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Naira Floating Is Anti-north”. A Northerner Claims. (picture) by Penguin2: 12:51pm On Jun 15, 2023
Parachoko:

Did you even read the commentary you quoted at all?

Did you?

1 Like

Re: “Naira Floating Is Anti-north”. A Northerner Claims. (picture) by JohnnA1: 12:51pm On Jun 15, 2023
The cowardly fool is IGBO!

Go and read her/his past tweets.

No be today...

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “Naira Floating Is Anti-north”. A Northerner Claims. (picture) by kokorokoman: 12:52pm On Jun 15, 2023
adebayo987:
you're wrong, don't attach every negativity to Peter Obi. He's a good man and can do well as Tinubu.
like he did as anambra state governor?
una too dey quick forget something.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Naira Floating Is Anti-north”. A Northerner Claims. (picture) by kufre2010: 12:53pm On Jun 15, 2023
Yes, any thing that will bring development in Nigerian is always anti- North. For Northerners sake we must remain in the Stone age and be underdeveloped .

1 Like

Re: “Naira Floating Is Anti-north”. A Northerner Claims. (picture) by Parachoko: 12:54pm On Jun 15, 2023
Penguin2:

Did you even read the commentary you quoted at all?

Did you?
Why do you have to post here on Nairaland what an ordinary and unknown civilian like you post on Twitter?

The owner of the twitter account is even an Igbo girl

If you have a problem with the Yorubas, attack directly and stop hiding behind a Northerner while attacking. Nah Cowards dey behave the way you and the Twitter account owner dey behave.

There's nothing the unknown Twitter account owner don post, wey people never talk on Nairaland since yesterday.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Naira Floating Is Anti-north”. A Northerner Claims. (picture) by gabbytabby: 12:55pm On Jun 15, 2023
Who cares about your support you are known as the ungrateful in any case.

SpatialKing:
If
Tinubu construct a bigger or biggest Seaport in Akwa Ibom and an LNG plant in Oguta..

I might stop supporting Peter Obi

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Naira Floating Is Anti-north”. A Northerner Claims. (picture) by Gajagojo: 12:59pm On Jun 15, 2023
I do not believe those Abokis on the street get their dollars at official nrate.

Makes no sense

If you are the corrupt official gettiing dollars at 460 and the street price is 760 why will you sell it at 700 to ANYBODY?

WILL YOU DO THAT?
The simple truth is Abokis will make their money on turnover regardless of what the CBN does.
Remittances from diasporans is over $70 million a day.
They buy They sell. This narrative that they need to be corrupt to survive is unfair.
Those plundering the CBN have no need to do them any favours and often the CBN does not even sell cash. They do transfer especially big sums. Do you imagine Dangote is dealing in cash when buying forex?

1 Like

Re: “Naira Floating Is Anti-north”. A Northerner Claims. (picture) by renderme: 1:04pm On Jun 15, 2023
Penguin2:

She is Obidient but she’s a northerner.

And it’s not everything you should attack. Cuz I see no reason you wanna attack this post.

That girl just said the truth of how all those northern BDCs feel. Because with dollars now easily accessible from banks, do you think they will retain the kind of patronage they were used to having?

Why go to risk your life inside Hausa quarters when your bank can give you at same rate?

The only people that would still be their customer right now are criminals and yahoo boys who don’t want their financial dealings tracked.

Aside them, this policy will cripple BDCs.

She is not a northerner anything. This account was busted on twitter last week. Na one old mama Igbo woman.

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yayale To Take Charge : As Jonathan Jets To Us / Abdul Mutallab, Slumps In Prison / Rochas Foundation Pupil Heads To M.I.T.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.