Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates (36932 Views)

TINUBU Vs PETER OBI: 9th June 2023 Live Court Updates! / Tinubu Vs Peter Obi: 8th June 2023 Live Court Updates / 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by ubaobi: 11:53am On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

All these are clear jargons.the prof said irev is a collation system and later said it is not.sorry,the judges have taken note
I am quoting the law here and not any witness, the law is very clear. In my own view the witness has done his job except the judges decide to use technicalities.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by Ekykool(m): 11:54am On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

This is the Tribune Newspaper of 23rd February 2023.
INEC RIGHTLY noted that RAW FIGURES won't be transmitted of election results

PLEASE DOES IT MEAN INEC SAID THEY WILL NOT TRANSMIT PICTURES OF ELECTION RESULTS DIRECTLY FROM POLLING UNIT?

After the process is completed at the polling unit, the image of the polling unit result will be taken by the BVAS and uploaded into what we call the INEC Result Viewing Portal where citizens can see polling unit level results as the processes are completed at polling unit level.

“The difference between what Kenya did in 2015 and what we are doing is that we are not transmitting raw figures for collation. Infact, the law does not allow for electronic collation of results. So, we don’t transmit raw figures because raw figures transmitted online are more susceptible to hacking, while image of a document is not susceptible to hacking.
"

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by femisplash: 11:54am On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

But...but what are this guys trying to do here ? cheesy
Please,can anyone search for maybe a video or article where INEC claimed they won't be transmitting results electronically again ?

Because I didn't read or watch that interview anywhere.
Bro, keep doing your job updating us. Asking us jamb question is none of our business, go ask the lawyers in court. You brought mumu witnesses who are so dull and largely falling off their lines. Anyways, i can't really blame the poor witnesses, you can't stand before those kind of seasoned SANs and not sweat under an AC.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 11:55am On Jun 16, 2023
ubaobi:

I am quoting the law here and not any witness, the law is very clear. In my own view the witness has done his job except the judges decide to use technicalities.

There is no technicality here.the witness clearly relied only on one copy of the result sheets and claimed irev is a collation centre and also not.his work is not reliable
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by MyPoint: 11:55am On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

True.unfortunately he focused only on irev without cross checking with the other copies to get a true picture.
Secondly,after finishing from the units,he should have done it ward by ward to see what he will get.
Finally,the only significant change he saw was that 18,000 copies from irev was blurred.he admitted that the other copies might not be blurred.he also admitted that all other states results were consistent except rivers and benue which obi probably won

We don't have the details of his SWO. But I can tell you that based on the 2 states he presented in his report (recall he said he did all the states), he must have stated that the result were inaccurate and need recalculation.

It is possible the reason the real result of those blurred PU is emphasises is because the real result favoured LP and APC manipulated it. Hence the need to revisit all the PUs with their real PU results.

Each lawyer have what they are targeting to achieve.

12 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV: 11:56am On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

[ The court now allows them to take the witness today and Dr. Livy says tomorrow can be a free day. ]

[ The will now call the witness,PW6.
The witness is called ,it is a lady and she's about to the examined-in-chief ]

[ Now to examination in chief by Ikwueto SAN of the witness ]

Q. Your name is Ijeaoma Osamor.

A. Yes

Q. Where do you work?

A. With DAAR Communications, owners of AIT, RayPower and Faaji I have my ID card with me.

[ Ikwueto now seeks to tender her ID Card, they've made a copy of the card, he notes ]

Now to Objections;

[ There are no objections ]

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by pandax: 11:56am On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

A sensible expert would have cross checked those 18000 irev copies with inec and lp own.at least collating upwards will give him something which shows obi winning maybe

Systematic Consistency is the name, More witnesses are coming. He has done his bit. If 18,000+ were blurred, how can you collate further. Total registered voters within those 18,000+ blurred PU are more than 2.5m, and above Tinubu margin of victory. Probable doubt established

He will compare nothing, as he came as a researcher and technically an independent witness that came with subpoena

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV: 11:57am On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

[ Now to examination in chief by Ikwueto SAN of the witness ]

Q. Your name is Ijeaoma Osamor.

A. Yes

Q. Where do you work?

A. With DAAR Communications, owners of AIT, RayPower and Faaji I have my ID card with me.

[ Ikwueto now seeks to tender her ID Card, they've made a copy of the card, he notes ]

Now to Objections;

[ There are no objections ]

The Court:

The Copy of PW6 Staff ID Card is hereby admitted into evidence and marked as Exhibits PCH accordingly.

As the court pleases.

9 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by MyPoint: 11:57am On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

True.unfortunately he focused only on irev without cross checking with the other copies to get a true picture.
Secondly,after finishing from the units,he should have done it ward by ward to see what he will get.
Finally,the only significant change he saw was that 18,000 copies from irev was blurred.he admitted that the other copies might not be blurred.he also admitted that all other states results were consistent except rivers and benue which obi probably won

We don't have the details of his SWO. But I can tell you that based on the 2 states he presented in his report (recall he said he did all the states), he must have stated that the result were inaccurate and need recalculation.

It is possible the reason the real result of those blurred PU is emphasises is because the real result favoured LP and APC manipulated it. Hence the need to revisit all the PUs with their real PU results.

Each lawyer have what they are targeting to achieve
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 11:59am On Jun 16, 2023
pandax:

Systematic Consistency is the name, More witnesses are coming. He has done his bit. If 18,000+ were blurred, how can you collate further. Total registered voters within those 18,000+ blurred PU are more than 2.5m, and above Tinubu margin of victory. Probable doubt established

He established probable doubt on his work when he displayed poor knowledge of irev.if a copy of a document is illegible,you simply check the original or another copy except there is only one copy.dont forget that the blurring might be from bvas itself
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV: 11:59am On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

The Court:

The Copy of PW6 Staff ID Card is hereby admitted into evidence and marked as Exhibits PCH accordingly.

As the court pleases.

[ Ikwueto SAN now proceeds with examining the witness ]

Q. Your organization was served with a subpoena to attend court today?

A. Yes, I have a copy of the subpoena

Q. Following that Subpoena, you came to this court and deposed to a witness Statement?

A. Yes

Q. Would you like the court to adopt it as your evidence

A. Of course

7 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV: 12:00pm On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

[ Ikwueto SAN now proceeds with examining the witness ]

Q. Your organization was served with a subpoena to attend court today?

A. Yes, I have a copy of the subpoena

Q. Following that Subpoena, you came to this court and deposed to a witness Statement?

A. Yes

Q. Would you like the court to adopt it as your evidence

A. Of course

[ OBJECTIONS]

2nd and 3rd Respondents:
They object that the WSO were not front loaded (given before hearing) and they adopt their earlier arguments in that regard and to uphold the Objection & render the witness incompetent to testify.

1st Respondent:
They object on similar grounds

4th Respondent:
They also readopt their earlier objection in same regard.
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by pandax: 12:01pm On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

In court but not yet demonstrated or shown so it is useless.secondly,tribunal doesn't send people to prison sir.you see that you know little about electoral issues,leave it for us that are pros

Perjury in court will not send you to prison?. So much for a pro, a learned fellow

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 12:03pm On Jun 16, 2023
MyPoint:

Each lawyer have what they are targeting to achieve

Even before the court case,it was established on social media that obi won rivers and benue which still doesn't affect the overall outcome.
Secondly,it is possible that other copies of the results are clear and he confirmed it.he should have revisited other copies to confirm
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV: 12:03pm On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

[ OBJECTIONS]

2nd and 3rd Respondents:
They object that the WSO were not front loaded (given before hearing) and they adopt their earlier arguments in that regard and to uphold the Objection & render the witness incompetent to testify.

1st Respondent:
They object on similar grounds

4th Respondent:
They also readopt their earlier objection in same regard.

[Ikwueto SAN now proceeds with examining the witness ]

Q. If you see the witness statement, will you identify it?

A. Yes, by my signature.

[ She now identifies the document. ]

Q. You said in your witness statement in Para5-9 that, you anchored on Democracy Today on 2nd November 2022.

A. Yes I said that.

Q. You have the recording ?

A. Yes

Q. Do you have the flash drive?

A. Yes, I have it here.

[ Ikwueto now applies to tender the drive in evidence ]

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV: 12:04pm On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

[Ikwueto SAN now proceeds with examining the witness ]

Q. If you see the witness statement, will you identify it?

A. Yes, by my signature.

[ She now identifies the document. ]

Q. You said in your witness statement in Para5-9 that, you anchored on Democracy Today on 2nd November 2022.

A. Yes I said that.

Q. You have the recording ?

A. Yes

Q. Do you have the flash drive?

A. Yes, I have it here.

[ Ikwueto now applies to tender the drive in evidence ]

[ OBJECTIONS ]
All Parties do not have any objections to the admission of the flash drive into evidence.

The Court:
The Flash Drive is hereby admitted into evidence and marked as Exhibits PCH1 accordingly.

As the court pleases.

7 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 12:04pm On Jun 16, 2023
pandax:

Perjury in court will not send you to prison?. So much for a pro, a learned fellow

Perjury in a civil court not an election tribunal.the jurisdiction of a tribunal is restricted to the winners and losers and does not extend to conviction mr.i suggest you stop arguing and follow my lead

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by Shantyken(m): 12:05pm On Jun 16, 2023
Olaolex:
Please, you people should stop engaging senatordave1. By doing so, you are derailling the thread. Starve him attention and he will vanish into oblivion.

IamV well done sir. We are very grateful

We are here to learn and unlearn wat we learned. I remember either last week or this week the OP made a post and garfield1 corrected him likewise him(IamV) and they both took the correction without issues. If senatordave1 make a post and u have a clear understanding of wat it should u can as well correct him for public to learn too. No be everybody be pro-obidat or pro-BATSHET.

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:05pm On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

You dont get it.he claimed in one breath that breath that irev is a collation system and later said it is not.the prof made that big mistake already,you cannot correct it.the judges have already recorded it
Made a big mistake from where becos you said so? Would you ever agree he did well?
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by MyPoint: 12:06pm On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

You dont get it.he claimed in one breath that breath that irev is a collation system and later said it is not.the prof made that big mistake already,you cannot correct it.the judges have already recorded it

Those are semantics.

INEC lawyer want him to say it is a eletronic collation system to infer that the system sums up the result automatically. If he had said that it means he does not have the understanding and his analysis will be thrown away in the dustbin.

But he was right by saying it is a collation system that serves as a checker. He said it is supposed to store a copy of the original EC8A transmitted from PU. He did very well.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV: 12:07pm On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

[ OBJECTIONS ]
All Parties do not have any objections to the admission of the flash drive into evidence.

The Court:
The Flash Drive is hereby admitted into evidence and marked as Exhibits PCH1 accordingly.

As the court pleases.

[ The copy of the Subpoena is now also tendered by Ikwueto SAN.
All Respondents do not object to the subpoena document being tendered
. ]

The Court:
The Subpoena is hereby admitted into evidence and marked as Exhibits PCH2 accordingly.

As the court pleases.

9 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV: 12:08pm On Jun 16, 2023
MyPoint:

Those are semantics.

INEC lawyer want him to say it is a eletronic collation system to infer that the system sums up the result automatically. If he had said that it.means does not have understand and his analysis will be thrown away in the dustbin.

But he was right by saying is is a collation system that serves as a checker. He said it is supposed to store a copy of the original EC8A transmitted from PU. He did very well.

You shouldn't be expending your energy and time on that man.
He's not worth it,trust me.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 12:10pm On Jun 16, 2023
MyPoint:

Those are semantics.

INEC lawyer want him to say it is a eletronic collation system to infer that the system sums up the result automatically. If he had said that it.means does not have understand and his analysis will be thrown away in the dustbin.

But he was right by saying is is a collation system that serves as a checker. He said it is supposed to store a copy of the original EC8A transmitted from PU. He did very well.

Unfortunately in law,you cannot approbate and reprobate,you cannot be inconsistent and ambiguous.once you do that,you are of no value.you must be consistent,firm and sure for the judges record your posture,honesty and credibility ratio
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:10pm On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

Even before the court case,it was established on social media that obi won rivers and benue which still doesn't affect the overall outcome.
Secondly,it is possible that other copies of the results are clear and he confirmed it.he should have revisited other copies to confirm
So you now agree Obi won Rivers and Benue, we are getting there

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV: 12:10pm On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

[ The copy of the Subpoena is now also tendered by Ikwueto SAN.
All Respondents do not object to the subpoena document being tendered
. ]

The Court:
The Subpoena is hereby admitted into evidence and marked as Exhibits PCH2 accordingly.

As the court pleases.

[ Ikwueto SAN now applies to the court for the flash drive to be played.
There's no objections to the video being played by all Respondents
.]

10 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by XY23: 12:10pm On Jun 16, 2023
Shantyken:

We are here to learn and unlearn wat we learned. I remember either last week or this week the OP made a post and garfield1 corrected him likewise him(IamV) and they both took the correction without issues. If senatordave1 make a post and u have a clear understanding of wat it should u can as well correct him for public to learn too. No be everybody be pro-obidat or pro-BATSHET.

True. Given, there might be sentiments or ill-intentions attached to most comments, I actually see the discussions here healthy. I know how it feels not being able to follow a proceeding of this magnitude live. It's not about blinded loyalty to any political party. I want to see justice done, at least to rekindle hope in our democratic institutions.

7 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 12:14pm On Jun 16, 2023
XY23:

True. Given, there might be sentiments or ill-intentions attached to most comments, I actually see the discussions here healthy. I know how it feels not being able to follow a proceeding of this magnitude live. It's not about blinded loyalty to any political party. I want to see justice done, at least to rekindle hope in our democratic institutions.

True.i like how you debate maturely

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV: 12:15pm On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

[ Ikwueto SAN now applies to the court for the flash drive to be played.
There's no objections to the video being played by all Respondents
.]

[ A video is now being played. It shows Ijeoma Osamor on Democracy today where she also played a video where Mahmoud is heard to say copies of results will be uploaded to IREV by the BVAS device.
He further assures Nigerians that BVAS has come to stay and 'results will be uploaded REAL-TIME AND NIGERIANS WILL VIEW IT BEING UPLOADED DIRECTLY 4rm POLLING UNITS.
He also assures that it will be done in real time, that it has been done in other elections and will be done now.
On collection of PVCs, he assures Nigerians that the commission will soon release the guidelines for the further collection of the PVCs.
That brings it to an end of the video of about 3 minutes. ]

N:B ;

I will search for a link to the video & drop it in this thread soon.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 12:15pm On Jun 16, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
So you now agree Obi won Rivers and Benue, we are getting there

According to the expert,it ended there.he won nowhere else
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by MyPoint: 12:15pm On Jun 16, 2023
XY23:

So, being a professor of Mathematics is not expertise? What is mathematics? Is arithmetic not mathematics. Did the exercise require statistics? Was any statistical analysis performed? I really don't get the basis of your argument. He very well established his credentials in tandem with the job requirements. Let's leave it to the court.

A prof in Mathematics, Economic, Statistic and Computer Science all can teach and produce a staticians.

This is the reason prof avoided the word statician. Read below

A statistician is a professional who specializes in the field of statistics. Statistics is a branch of mathematics that involves the collection, analysis, interpretation, presentation, and organization of data. Statisticians apply statistical methods and techniques to solve problems, make predictions, and draw conclusions from data.

Statisticians play a crucial role in various fields, including scientific research, social sciences, business, healthcare, finance, government, and many others. They design surveys, experiments, and observational studies, collect and analyze data using statistical software and tools, develop mathematical models, and provide insights and recommendations based on their analyses.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 12:16pm On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

[ A video is now being played. It shows Ijeoma Osamor on Democracy today where she also played a video where Mahmoud is heard to say copies of results will be uploaded to IREV by the BVAS device.
He further assures Nigerians that BVAS has come to stay and 'results will be uploaded REAL-TIME AND NIGERIANS WILL VIEW IT BEING UPLOADED DIRECTLY 4rm POLLING UNITS.
He also assures that it will be done in real time, that it has been done in other elections and will be done now.
On collection of PVCs, he assures Nigerians that the commission will soon release the guidelines for the further collection of the PVCs.

Lp lawyers are just wasting time on nothing.what inec chairman says doesht matter,what matters is what the law states.again,inec before the polls said raw figures won't be transmitted and a court already gave inec the leeway to transmit anyhow..they should use this time and focus on other aspects like double nomination,drug case,perjury,fct 25%

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV: 12:16pm On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

[ Now to cross examination of the witness by the respondents ]

1ST RESPONDENT CROSS-EXAMINATION:

No questions asked,but thanked the witness for coming.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Election Postponement: Where Was Mahmood Rushing To For God's Sake? - Momodu / Ike Ekweremadu On His Knees As Clergymen Pray For Him (photos) / Edo: Mass Defection From APC is End-of-the-Road Signpost For Ize-Iyamu – PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.